SMF 2.1 Changes or "So how do I do this now?"

Started by RUNE, September 29, 2019, 06:10:12 AM

RUNE

September 29, 2019, 06:10:12 AM Last Edit: October 12, 2019, 09:44:50 PM by Lomari
While we're excited about the changes and learning to adapt to a fresher system, it can be a little frustrating when it seems like something doesn't work the way it used to. In most cases it does still work, just requires clicking in a different place or manually enabling a new option which used to require a mod. To that end, we'll be making a repository in this thread of some new questions popping up and an answer once we have one.

If you have any questions, or a fix you found to something that's been bugging you and hasn't been brought up yet, just submit that by replying to the thread using the code below.

[CODE*][B][U]ASK QUESTION HERE[/U][/B][/CODE*] (Remove asterisks and anything between these parentheses)

How do I switch subaccounts?
We're working on the old subaccounts mod, but in the meantime just logout of your OOC account and into the character account. It seems that most of the time these passwords are the same as the OOC account, but in the event that it is not and you do not know the password you can just PM an Admin and we will get the password to you as soon as we can. If you find yourself waiting and need to post for now, just post on your OOC account and an admin or moderator will modify it to be posted under the character account when they send your password.

Why's my avatar gone and how do I fix it?
It seems linked Avatars got wiped. It may only be avatars linking to http:// sites as the forum - being https:// - does not like mixed links like that, but this is unconfirmed at this time. Uploaded avatars seem to be fine. To relink your avatar, click the profile name in upper left and go to Forum Profile. This will take you to your profile editor.

Why am I no longer notified of threads I follow?
Unfortunately manner features seem broken or lost due to outdated mods. Thankfully, some of those features are integrated directly into SMF 2.1's user customization. To enable this feature, simply go to your account menu in the upper left corner, select Notifications, and check "Follow topics I create and reply to". You have the option of being notified via alert, e-mail or both.

How can I see the full site on Mobile?
To see the full site on mobile you have to ask for the desktop version and then turn your phone to landscape.

I know that I hung on a windy tree nine long nights, wounded with a spear, dedicated to Odin, myself to myself, on that tree of which no man knows from where its roots run.
No bread did they give me nor a drink from a horn, downwards I peered; I took up the runes, screaming I took them, then I fell back from there.
The songs I know that king's wives know not Nor men that are sons of men.
So do I write and color the runes.