Aside: Someplace Like Home - Deuces Wild

Started by Fey, October 25, 2017, 06:52:15 PM

Andes Maley

As things started to get heated in the saloon, Andes kept his guard up. When things started to go from bad to worse, and talk started of human trafficking, he started to get concerned. Preparing to intervene he settled down only when things seemed to start to cool down. 

Quote"It appears we've ended our first round, and while  I'm not too surprised. Red won. Shall we play another or call it quits?

"Abigail, let's just play some cards. It seems like everything is on the up and up."

Evelyn Vell

E.V. collected her winnings with a smile. "I'm game for another hand or two, but after that I should really have lunch and head back to work."
Dialogue color: hotpink

Abigail Archer

Abigail nodded at the two, this was going to be a short hand. "F-Word is being dealt out so it looks its just us three.  Ya'll want to up the limit a bit since this seems to be our last round?" She grinned looking at Andes who seemed to be attracted to large sums of money won through a game of chance.

Andes Maley

Quote"I'm game for another hand or two, but after that I should really have lunch and head back to work."

"Why does a pretty thing like you need to work when you can take advantage of overconfident chǒujiǎo (buffoon) like me?" He stopped, feeling like he might have been disrespectful. "My apologies. What is it that you do?"

Quote"F-Word is being dealt out so it looks its just us three.  Ya'll want to up the limit a bit since this seems to be our last round?"

Andes returned Abigail's smile and started shuffling. "I'm good with that. So, what we playing this time? Ladies' choice."

Abigail Archer

"Oh let's keep the game going as is. I don't see any point in changing  while red here has you in a bind." Abigail grinned.  The game had slowed down some but it was something to do while she passed the time. Until the next job came in.

Andes Maley

"I couldn't think of anyone better to be bound by.' He retorted with a smile. "Cept maybe you Abigail. Then again, I have a feeling that you play a little rougher than most."

"Let's keep this simple. High card draw. I'll go first, ante is 10." He then flipped over the first card of the newly shuffled deck. "King of diamonds. Whew, I need that."

Abigail Archer

Abigail, drew a card and grimaced, "Two of clubs." She looked around at the crowd as things had started to calm down a bit. "Perhaps we should pack it in before I give away anymore of my earnings today." She smiled slightly and shoved Andes winnings toward him, "Congrats, looks like you won after all." She brushed her hair behind her ear and stood up from the table, pushing her chair in.

"Maybe I'll get you next time." Abigail winked, she had been a little more charming than usual. Maybe because she felt bad about her emotions getting away from her earlier, but she'd never admit it. Giving a nod Abigail turned and walked out of the saloon.

Two weeks later....continued in No Where Saloon: A place to call home