Kudos Thread

Started by Caliope, December 13, 2011, 08:07:24 PM

PurpleRiver

Love this from Alex Quinn as Marcus. The description of his voice and tone is excellent.

http://www.findingserenity.net/index.php?topic=819.msg7522#msg7522

PurpleRiver

Quote from: Jared Brownsfield on November 29, 2012, 03:40:44 PM
Jared quietly assisted the men off Horizon at gunpoint... Scum of the 'Verse some people were. He shook his head as he sealed the cargo bay doors at Helena's command once everyone was back on board. He stood out of the way while Carson and some of the others dealt with the pregnant girl.

Jared decided to repack the medical supplies in the crate... He stooped to pick up the supplies and leaned over the crate to move around the broken pieces out of the way. He was looking towards the gunhands of Horizon as he moved the pieces around. He caught sight of something that didn't quite fit out of the corner of his eyes... and immediately his eyes widened!

"BOM-" he started to scream before anyone else in the cargo bay heard a small explosion. Jared felt wetness all over his face and had a horrible taste in his mouth... and he couldn't see anything but red... or was it pink? He didn't feel any pain as he stumbled back from the crate flailing and for a brief second he thought he was dead, but then he bumped into another crate and the sharp pain of the corner hitting his back informed him he was still alive.

He was terrified to touch his face, but... he started blinking his eyes and rubbing at his face and soon realized he was not injured. He sat there looking down at his chest and hands completely covered in pink paint. "That son of a bitch!!"

That was awesome! I was reading that thinking... no, you can't kill Jared off. That's just not - no.

And then I was like, oh, he's just going to be horribly disfigured. That's going to be great RP!

And then I was like --- wah!

Frickin' awesome. Epic idea DP, and brilliantly written Darius. Kudos. Mucho kudos.

PurpleRiver

Massive, MASSIVE kudos to Sabrina Kurigawa (Black Betty).

Her posts in Not the grand arena have been full of wonderful writing. So detailed with excellent pace. Real weaving of words.

Plus, it's just been awesome interaction between her and Luke. It's really brought out the best in me in terms of building that character. Thanks!

Sabrina Kurigawa

Aw shucks, darlin', ain't nothin! :P

On a similar note, I myself would like to give mad props to PR... Not only does she write masterfully, but she is amazing with those character and ship videos! *gives standing ovation*

Darius

Quote from: Marcus Quinn on March 31, 2013, 02:12:48 AM
Marcus nodded If they want to join in on the fight then they count.. Inspecting the area around the tripwire, Marcus grunted, Old tricks is the best tricks, you get too fancy with your equipment and someone like that techie can steal it from under you. In that respect how low tech is a knife?

The Miranda broadcast... Marcus supposed that it was supposed to shake everyone's world, but the old mercenary didn't understand the whole thing. That broadcast thing, it don't really affect us much. The more the world changes the more it stays the same. People will always be fighting each other, and they will always hire people like us to get the job done. Now do the people that did it deserve to die, sure. I don't know if I would go as far as to hunt them down, without some form of payment. It may seem callous to ignore tragedy on that kind of scale, but that was life. Marcus had to look out for himself, no one else would.

A nicely done post by Alex Quinn. Elegant in it's simplicity, and yet Alex seemed to really highlight the natural apathy of Marcus. I didn't see the cliche mercenary who only wanted to get paid. I really see the old, war-tired, worn out man who has been around the 'Verse too long and see too much of the darkness hidden within humans. Kudos.

Caliope

Could that post fit into one of the current award threads?

If there's not one where it fits you could make one.