Phoenix Company OOC

Started by Tojoyama, October 30, 2019, 10:03:56 am

Tojoyama

Here we are.

Discussion for our adventures.

First up. The final decision on Jax and Dizzy and the Shuttle.

Dizzy Mcgee

October 30, 2019, 11:51:18 am #1 Last Edit: October 30, 2019, 11:56:29 am by Dizzy Mcgee
The connection between Jax and Dizzy being that over the years as they had drifted in and out of each others lives. For while the verse was vast they had still managed to find one way or another to bump into each other before continuing on their own paths. She's still not sure what his plan was that had brought them here, having listening to him highlight every paint chip and dent on the transport ride over. Dizzy and Jax have a friendship largely based on one digging on the other or bringing up past transgressions were one has more than likely almost killed the other.

Needing a ride to Greenleaf Jax tapped up Dizzy for help renting a shuttle for which she has followed him as the assigned mechanic. The plan being that Jax rented it to get to Skyplex, and then Phoenix Company will take over as the ones renting it.

https://imgur.com/a/Ub46y2f

Jax

Thinking we'll play it up that Jax leased the ship for more than Greenleaf. He has been moon hopping around the system in search of Ronin. Greenleaf was his last best lead and the only true one, he was just too late. :/

He'll explain IC when we get there. ;)

J^x

Lomari

Don't forget that not that much time has passed since NewHall so maybe hopping moons might take longer than the time that's passed/is possible. Might need to recalibrate this idea to fit the basic time line of Wushu and Jax's story.

Rolemancer

October 31, 2019, 07:57:11 pm #4 Last Edit: November 01, 2019, 02:58:13 am by Rolemancer
So how much time we talking about? Never really thought of this being on the 'exact' timeline. Ronin could have ditched the crew months after Wushu/Newhall. Leaving Jax time to help Anja, find Dizzy and Ruby Rose. Then search out Ronin. If we are going exact 'timeline' with wushu/newhall, Jax is still probably battling Moda Goons with Anja. I don't know, games always do minor time jumps. What's a few months Amongst  friends? ;)

Lomari

I'm pretty sure Rune already answered this in a private message between the two of you? I think he laid out how long has passed. Don't think we are going to do a time jump that big. Why don't you reach out to Rune on discord or here on site in a PM so he can go over it again with you. He had more detail in his layout of the time than I have.

Rolemancer

Yes I can't seem to locate where that message was sent right now but as I remember it was like five or six days. So we will just run with that.

RUNE

November 11, 2019, 03:03:29 am #7 Last Edit: November 11, 2019, 03:05:59 am by RUNE
Howdy folks! With Lomari on break I'll be taking over the narrations here on Phoenix Company for a bit. I understand everyone's eager to get the ball rolling and I am as well.  Tojo had posted some directions for the crew and a rough description of his idea for a job: something nice and simple to give the crew a little shot in the arm and get them solidified as a unit by hook or by crook. We'll see how that unfolds. ;)

Quote from: Travis Chao on November 05, 2019, 07:01:22 pmTHE BOUNTY JOB

Quote from: Travis ChaoThe little cabin/trading post is out on a trail in the jungle. It's sort of a stopping place used by those getting deep in the bush. Not a very reputable place, but even out there they got a code of sorts, like no stealing from the innkeeper and such.

There are six identified bounty jumpers. Non-defined other than not hard boiled killers.

Everyone will have been dropped off in the dark.

Plan is to have Mylena, Minato and Jax approach at first light, calling to the cabin acting as though not to surprise them. They can take whatever cover you think best, though the Mylena missionary bit sounds good.

Travis and Luke will have worked their way up close to the cabin prior to that. Luke up close to rush in the front or a side door, Travis away from the main door with pistol and rifle.  Once they get hopefully a few of them to come out, they take them with the required "BOUND BY LAW" strike quick with the non-lethal.

Can Minato make a taser, or purchase on the skyplex?

Luke and Travis move quickly hoping all will surrender. Declan swoops through the trees all intimidating like the marines are landing.

I would figure they would have talked it out the night before and purchased any needed clothing, gadgets and strap ties to secure the prisoners.

Keep it simple and we can just jump to it when we finish RP on the shuttle. NARR-Lomari is standing by to make us all look like big damn heroes.

Of course if you want to discuss in character, I'm good with that. And Travis, as I, are open to options, improvements and complete change in tactics.

Quote from: Travis Chao on November 07, 2019, 05:08:15 pmAny chance of sending Minato some information from his tech searches on the criminals?
Give him some inputs to make.

Or the pilots on the landing bit. It is a dense area? Or not?

But yes. Looking for some hooks to get them more involved all across the crew.

I'll have Travis put the plan out there for them again, but so far little comment. I hope we'll get more this time.

Now that it's getting down to the potentially shootin' part'a'things.

I'd like to address some of the questions here right quick.

Minato strikes me as the type of individual to have browsed the in 'Verse equivalent of the Anarchist's Cookbook from time to time (Feel free to correct me if I'm wrong, Raithfire). Given his background and experience, and assuming he's as familiar with hardware as he is data handling and software, I think he could get a functioning taser together if Dizzy helps him acquire or 'borrow' a few parts around or from Ruby. Here's links to a couple videos that can help with RPing that out:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nxaN_LQyB7E
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QSF3xtJ3tuw

I believe I can come up with some quick NPC profiles and send them Raithfire's way for Minato's search results.

The jungle is dense, with the best spot for landing without giving away their position being about 4 klicks out from the trading post. This will require a couple of miles walking, though there is a rough road used by rolling mules and wagons that carry supplies back and forth on occasion. No accounting for a midnight mule rider or what threats might lurk in the thick brush just off the trail...

In regards to proper attire, gadgets, and strap-ties, don't be too presumptive of what folk might or might not have on them. Check out what the Narration section of the Rules and Regulations says about the consequences of "bad RP" to see why. Not that anyone should find this hopeless. Just squeeze that gray matter. Mylena has black "work" uniforms and a protective vest. JAXhas a ballistic mesh vest and aged brown leather ought to pass as near to black in the jungle. Can't speak to Luke's attire as the fella appears to go shirtless much of the time, ha. Minato's like to be as prepared for the job as Travis, where attire's concerned. Everyone's assumed to have all their equipment with them, and that goes for Dizzy as well. Perhaps she's got some zip ties or rigging harnesses that might apply to binding to wrists? 'Course, there's bound to be some freight straps in the cargo bay...

A little note from the regular narrator before I wrap...

Quote from: Lomari on November 06, 2019, 02:21:15 pmHi there! Narrator here!

Just a quick reminder that most of the above is considered how Travis and crew would like the mission to go. :)

Who knows how it will actually happen when we get there and I begin the narration process. Anything could happen!

Please feel free (and I'm highly encouraging this) to RP the plan-making and job-delegating.

Gonna echo Lomari's words here, particularly considering I've no intention of doing anything she wouldn't in regards to narrations. I'd suggest that Travis lay out his rough plan and everyone get a word in over the next couple of days real time before the crew heads out IC. Using the suggestions laid down here by Tojo and myself ought to get everyone where they want to be, but no job's without it's own little surprises. ;)

Anyone's got any questions, reckon you can post 'em up here, shoot me a PM, or hit me up on the Discord.

I know that I hung on a windy tree nine long nights, wounded with a spear, dedicated to Odin, myself to myself, on that tree of which no man knows from where its roots run.
No bread did they give me nor a drink from a horn, downwards I peered; I took up the runes, screaming I took them, then I fell back from there.
The songs I know that king's wives know not Nor men that are sons of men.
So do I write and color the runes.

Dizzy Mcgee

Dizzy will certainly have Zip-ties considering how her repairs fall under fixed or fancy fixed Zip-ties will be one of her most important tools. In terms of what's lying around the ship I'm thinking certainly lengths of rope and gaffa tape (another key tool of the bodge fix) which can be used for restraint.

Looking at those videos certainly be a breeze to rp a tazer construction especially as all the sort of things a you could find lying around the place.

Tojoyama

I'm sure ties, cord and rope are not difficult to acquire. Just wait until you see Cowboy Travis hogtie up them varmits.

Also Crew, I did not see anyone listed in the casting call. Please fill out the following: https://www.findingserenity.net/index.php?topic=211.0

RUNE

For anyone who's curious, here is some info about Greenleaf from the FIrefly Fandom Wiki.

https://firefly.fandom.com/wiki/Greenleaf

I know that I hung on a windy tree nine long nights, wounded with a spear, dedicated to Odin, myself to myself, on that tree of which no man knows from where its roots run.
No bread did they give me nor a drink from a horn, downwards I peered; I took up the runes, screaming I took them, then I fell back from there.

Jax

Where is the link to the Phoenix Aside? I can get there because I bookmarked it. But don't see one if you come in cold searching for it.

A Rose by any Other Name

Travis Chao

Quote from: Jax on November 21, 2019, 07:21:08 pmWhere is the link to the Phoenix Aside? I can get there because I bookmarked it. But don't see one if you come in cold searching for it.

A Rose by any Other Name

Yeah. I don't see it either.
Was it there before?
I think I always used a link.

"When you give a personal lesson in meanness to a critter or person, don't be surprised they learn the lesson."

Lomari

Please check now.
When there's a technical issue like this, please let Admins/Mods know in the Tech Issue forum or in the Tech Issue room on Discord so we can look into issues like this.

RUNE

Quote from: Jax on November 21, 2019, 07:21:08 pmWhere is the link to the Phoenix Aside? I can get there because I bookmarked it. But don't see one if you come in cold searching for it.

A Rose by any Other Name

Asides now have their own boards within the RP Area/Ship's subforum. Asides for Phoenix are now located here.

Quote from: Lomari on November 22, 2019, 03:50:32 pmPlease check now.
When there's a technical issue like this, please let Admins/Mods know in the Tech Issue forum or in the Tech Issue room on Discord so we can look into issues like this.

What she said. I don't always check the OOC areas daily, but I do check the Bugs and Tech Support board frequently if I'm not on an announced leave. If something goes missing or you suddenly can't access something, that's the best place to let us know. Hope this helps!

Travis Chao

First, let's take a day or two to let everyone get a post in on the take down of varmit one and two.
I would assume the group discussed tying them up and dragging them out of the way or some such. I'll leave to your PC as to giving them another bonk on the head or a sleeping pill or whatever to keep em quiet.

Second, could we get a roll call of everyone?
Holiday times and preparation for them is usually a bit of a hit or miss keeping Play by Post going at full speed so if everyone could drop a check in and a quick how's the speed of play working for you:

Travis. Here and ready to post fast and furious, but happy to let everyone get in their fine words in a timely manner,.

"When you give a personal lesson in meanness to a critter or person, don't be surprised they learn the lesson."

Dizzy Mcgee

Rolemancer

Here...kinda...sure.
I'll get Jax's post up this weekend.

-Role

Spacecowboy

Discord is down this weekend.
Lots of troubles posting to our FS boards.