You might say... ‘I’ve been around’

Started by Tojoyama, August 01, 2019, 08:24:08 pm

Tojoyama

Tojoyama here.
Sonya Gulliver, Rex, well.... a few others too.

What to you have going? Did I miss anything?

No?

Well then. . .
What, is that Purpleriver?
:-)

Who else is here?

Desertpuma

Welcome back, Tojo! ... Been a few years, man. There are more than a few of your characters in the Archives.

Are you looking to get back into the swing of things?

Tojoyama

Yes. I am.
Slowly. Not sure who to start up again or someone new.

I'll need to look around, get my feet back on deck.

Suggestions on my PCs to run with would be appreciated.
Since I'm out of the loop on what has happened IC for the last few years, that should be a consideration.

A lot of posts seemed to be very old. Are you up and running? Or am I just not looking in the right place.

Forgive me, just getting back on sight. I'll get up to speed.

Desertpuma

I believe there are currently 4 ships with crew vacancies: Darling, Empress/Iscariot, Revenge and Ronin.

The Archives have much older posts. These are found here: http://findingserenity.net/Archive/index.php
If you look in Census for the Archives, you will probably find some of your old Characters like Travis Chao, Simon Garbo, and Aristotle Drake.

This is the link to the Crew Manifests and is supposedly up to date at this point: http://www.findingserenity.net/index.php?topic=627.0

Tojoyama

OK

Just my first look, but Travis Chao looks like a good fit.

Warning. I'm very rusty on the on-line links and etc.
I'll be looking and lurking and getting him set up in an application.

I figure he's been on Greenleaf looking for someone as a bounty hunter, off the grid, and caught them or given up and looking for transport and a job.

Catching up.

Tojo

Scout

Hey Tojo!

I played as Jonah and Pele on the Seraph in the olden days when you were our narrator. When I was struggling with Jonah you gave me some good characterization advice that has stuck with me to this day. Great to see you back!

Tojoyama

Quote from: Scout on August 01, 2019, 10:41:38 pm
Hey Tojo!

I played as Jonah and Pele on the Seraph in the olden days when you were our narrator. When I was struggling with Jonah you gave me some good characterization advice that has stuck with me to this day. Great to see you back!

Wow. Seraph!
That was a rocking good pirate time.

Axe

Quote from: Desertpuma on August 01, 2019, 09:48:17 pm
I believe there are currently 4 ships with crew vacancies: Darling, Empress/Iscariot, Revenge and Ronin.

The Archives have much older posts. These are found here: http://findingserenity.net/Archive/index.php
If you look in Census for the Archives, you will probably find some of your old Characters like Travis Chao, Simon Garbo, and Aristotle Drake.

This is the link to the Crew Manifests and is supposedly up to date at this point: http://www.findingserenity.net/index.php?topic=627.0

DP is correct on the ships with openings, though Ronin is currently the most in need of new (or old ;) ) blood.
CHARACTERS
Riot ~ Akhsar King

Scoro

Good to see you old friend.  It hasn't been approved yet but I have proposed a ship and hope to start recruiting if I get the okay to move forward with it.

Lomari

Quote from: Scoro on August 03, 2019, 03:49:07 pm
Good to see you old friend.  It hasn't been approved yet but I have proposed a ship and hope to start recruiting if I get the okay to move forward with it.

Actually, do it the other way around.
I can't approve it until you have 4-5 potential crew members (they don't have to have an app up but should have a base idea/name/job at least) ready to go with it.

So recruit some hypothetical characters!

Tojoyama

OK, I've got my feet wet again.

I plan on adding a second PC, but have not decided.

Of course my old PC and favorite Sonya Gulliver (Pilot) had quite a history here. I could not find her old App but I have the data. Of course I'm not sure what has happened to her closest buddies. Ian Dugan?
And Siobhan Brannigan. She had a child by the former and married to the latter.
And to be quite honest, I'm not sure where all she played after Lost In Serenity. So what would be her canon background.

Same for Africa Chamberlain (Engineer). I don't think she played here at all.

Any suggestion for my old PCs would be appreciated. Or I can always generate something new.
Any shortage of professions?

Tojo

Desertpuma

Quote from: Tojoyama on August 27, 2019, 04:31:22 pm
OK, I've got my feet wet again.

I plan on adding a second PC, but have not decided.

Of course my old PC and favorite Sonya Gulliver (Pilot) had quite a history here. I could not find her old App but I have the data. Of course I'm not sure what has happened to her closest buddies. Ian Dugan?
And Siobhan Brannigan. She had a child by the former and married to the latter.
And to be quite honest, I'm not sure where all she played after Lost In Serenity. So what would be her canon background.

Same for Africa Chamberlain (Engineer). I don't think she played here at all.

Any suggestion for my old PCs would be appreciated. Or I can always generate something new.
Any shortage of professions?

Tojo

Ian has not been by in a few months but he was for a while. Sonya was on the Mei Ren Wu because I had Shepherd Blackhorse on the same ship for a while. Africa Chamberlain did make an appearance but not for very long. ...

So I went into the Archive and found Africa Chamberlain. She was a Martial Artist and Mechanic's Assistant, Welder. I can copy most of it and PM you with it if you want. Unfortunately, the bios for both Sonya and Siobhan are nowhere to be found but I do have a couple of site videos with them depicted.

Tojoyama

Thanks DP.

QuoteIan has not been by in a few months but he was for a while. Sonya was on the Mei Ren Wu because I had Shepherd Blackhorse on the same ship for a while. Africa Chamberlain did make an appearance but not for very long. ...

So I went into the Archive and found Africa Chamberlain. She was a Martial Artist and Mechanic's Assistant, Welder. I can copy most of it and PM you with it if you want. Unfortunately, the bios for both Sonya and Siobhan are nowhere to be found but I do have a couple of site videos with them depicted.

I can do the applications, no problem. Just curious as to what might be needed for Player Characters.

And secondly, since I had played these two PCs a lot on more than one site, well;
My memory isn't so good. I'm not sure about any canon.  I can run the application and any difficulties I'd be happy to address. 

So.... Mechanic or Pilot needed?

Chimera

Darling and Revenge both need pilots.  I don't think there's an active need for a mechanic on an existing ship, but there has been chatter about proposing new ships... 

Lomari

Revenge does not need a pilot any more. It now has 2.

Tojoyama

After some discussion with Clare I think we might try to play Constance and Cooper Mandrake.
Two core people, smart, experienced.
Think along the lines of THE THIN MAN, if you've ever seen that ancient movie.

We'll update the applications, on page four of the retired archives.

How does that sound? They would be passengers, retired writers with a sense of adventure. He's a retired Federal Marshal and she's a big shot core journalist. They would be very interpersonal with other crew members. And having skills of police and journalist could be of help to a crew.

One note: Is there any way Cooper could be a reader? I know that is very limited. It would be more of a handicap to him in most situation.
Not much that would impact play in a positive way, at least for him. He's able, or was, capable of detecting horrible terrible dark thoughts which have driven him to space. He cannot tolerate large numbers of people. Anyway, I could play him not, but am requesting that he still have such latent ability in situations of large numbers of people or near horrible evil persons. 
It would be a definite dark weakness.

His old application: http://findingserenity.net/Archive/index.php?topic=1035.0

Axe

Quote from: Tojoyama on August 29, 2019, 06:42:32 pm
One note: Is there any way Cooper could be a reader?

Unfortunately I'll have to say no to him being a Reader. Sorry.
CHARACTERS
Riot ~ Akhsar King

Spacecowboy

I too am looking to return, great to see some old faces still lurking around in the Black!

Desertpuma

What up, Spacecowboy! Welcome back! ... there are some openings on ships that need to be filled!