Please refer to this post. Hoping to have a resolution over my weekend, which is Sunday and Monday.
This section allows you to view all posts made by this member. Note that you can only see posts made in areas you currently have access to.
Quote from: Helena Cain on September 11, 2019, 03:57:46 pm
Update as of 9/11/19
Jono detains the rest of the crew with Jesse causing the plan to go awry. Wushu's crew is forced to escape, Wushu get's damaged in the process. They steal Ainsworth's shuttle and make their way to Iscariot where they recoup and decide who's staying and who's going. Ainsworth is killed by his blushing and mildly homicidal wife via poison. With Jax's location unknown however the Moda Tong have no need or hold over the crew of Wushu, leaving them free to do as they please.
Quote from: RUNE on February 25, 2019, 08:13:06 pm
- Amy and Grace are captured by agents working on Bodwyn's behalf
- The pair are locked in a transport freezer or otherwise low key tortured and hauled toward Persephone
- During their capture, they finally hash out what happened between them and rely on one another to survive ("Love Stories" aside)
- They escape, but Grace is injured in the process and has to coach Amy through doctoring her up
- Bodwyn finally comes for Amy himself, leaving Amorru to abandon the crew and go back to Persephone
- Amy decides to just be an adult and accept his role as head of House Duschane
- Estrella is the acting Head of the House following their father's death and mother's subsequent illness, and she secretly kinda wants Amorru executed before his 30th birthday so he can't enact his majority rights and unseat her
- Wushu arrives at Persephone looking for their wayward Captain (thanks to Charity's discovery of the Academy emblem on the hilt of his sword from)
- Estrella makes nice and invites the crew to stay on the Duschane grounds as her guests, finds a surprisingly formidable opponent in Charity during a "friendly" round of The Lying Game
- Mama Duschane's doctor is a slippery fuck name Tom Phelps, and something just ain't sitting right with Grace
- Surprise! Estrella reveals the big event she's been planning for Amy is his execution
- Swashbuckling and shenanigans ensue
|Secondary Occupation (optional):||Certified Powerloader Operator|
|Equipment:||Federal Powerloader License, coveralls, worn boots, back brace, carpal tunnel gloves, bottle of extra strength anti-inflammatory medication, case of cold brewskis, a modified .357 Magnum, and what co-workers believe is the same cigar he just keeps chewing.|
|Appearance:||Middle aged, stocky build, somewhat out of shape. Looks like he might've been an athlete once, but preferred lifting 12 oz weights if you know what I mean.|
|Initial Personality:||Gruff, somewhat entitled blue collar type who always believes his age and experience is more valuable than any newbies to the crew fresh out of technical training courses despite the fact that he's never learned to do much more than operate a power loader. Is afraid of change.|
|Underlying Personality:||Is also afraid of dogs.|
|Known History:||Won't confirm whether or not he graduated high school, but loves to tell the story about how he totally banged three chicks at the same time.|
|Other History:||Didn't do either of those things, but has had two failed marriages and most of his pay goes to alimony.|
|Skills and Strengths:||Runs a powerloader like nobody's business. Does the same with his mouth. Claims to have killed a guy, but who knows?|
|Weaknesses:|| Deathly afraid of dogs due to being bit by one as a kid, but always leaves out the part where he was throwing fire crackers at it. Isn't very smart, or confident, despite putting on a gruff act. Has more health issues from his sedentary career choice and otherwise terrible personal decisions than he wants to admit, and is always looking for a way to be compensated for what he claims are "work-related" conditions. The most the company has ponied up is a donut seat.|
Quote from: Sionnach001 on September 10, 2019, 10:15:45 am
Sean's got some pretty specialized gear in his stuff on Wushu but it might be interesting to see how he operates without if for awhile until he can get replacements.
Quote from: Chimera on September 09, 2019, 08:16:53 pm
Do we have any idea if Artemis is returning?
Quote from: Lomari on September 09, 2019, 06:06:31 pm
After some brainstorming, here's what the potential next step for Wushu can/will be. The team either gets their target or doesn't get their target. In any case, it's a catastrophic mess. Wushu is surrounded where it landed, and potentially land locked, with an engine beyond repair (due to their pushing it so hard on on not enough fuel from Newhall).
They have a tech speck (soon) but they don't have the time or the means to get back to Wushu and escape. So they take their shuttle or one of Ainsworth's ships and hightail it out of there (with or without their target).
In the end, the crew ends up on Iscariot station without a ship. Knowing she needs to keep on the movie, Charity purchases a ship from some fancy cortex catalogue and waits for it to be delivered to the space station. This gives the current crew time to rest and relax and decide what they want to do. Charity will hire on whoever wants to stay and pick up new faces to replace anyone who wants to leave. From there, we'll develop a plan.
Thoughts? Ideas? Suggestions?
So the idea would be to isolate Ainsworth (depending on what the women prefer, either with Amorru's plan of attempting seduction, or Jono's idea of picking a fight with the grandson), give him some drugs that will mimic heart problems & then take him in for 'specialized medical treatment.' Since it's a heart problem, there'd be a rock solid reason to not take him to a regular hospital - they'd immediately notice the fake heart and call the feds, who would then investigate the ties with organized crime & freeze the entire Ainsworth fortune, which neither Ainsworth, nor his heirs or bride would want...
The idea that Ainsworth would naturally have heart problems after dealing with the stress of his awful grandson causing problems on his wedding day is an easy enough story to sell.
After Jono talks with Sean, Amorru and Grace & they do their ultimate team-up, we can have Sean & Jesse steal the little black book that Jono requires in exchange for his help, and then send Amorru and Grace to the estate's medical facilities with the cover story that they're coordinating care for poor, mentally deficient Amorru, but really with the intent of stealing the meds they would need to drug Ainsworth.