Episode 2: Catch a Tiger By The Toe

Started by Lomari, September 08, 2019, 11:05:37 AM

Izak Archer

Izak was pretty sure he fought the urge to roll his eyes at least once. On the plus side, Isa was back in charge, and perhaps that would bring some civility back to Melody's behavior...but he could be wrong.

He was wrong about most things so far this trip.

There was not much for him to say either.

He sighed quietly as Holger passed by him with Pete in tow. Then turned around to follow. Unfortunately, he failed to pack any of his own liquor. But he had a feeling there would have been some stashed away on the ship somewhere.
Lucky for the crew, he new just where to look...Isa's soon to be Captain's cabin. Izak had yet to meet an officer without a drink of choice.

"I'll meet you there, I know where to find some," he hollered as he went further into the ship.

Joakim Soong

Jo buried his head in his hands and rubbed his temples. These past few days had been stressful enough, and he could not deal with Pete's confession on top of it all... so he would not deal with it. No dealing. Today, he would give himself a holiday from dealing. God knows they had all deserved a break.

...But first things first. As they were getting up from the table, he turned to address their new pilot.

"Could you please give me your full name, date of birth and place of birth? For a background check. I'm sure you understand."

As an afterthought, upon realizing he was sounding a little too much like a clerk at the tax office, he flashed her his best making-friends smile. It felt like ages since he'd had to use that smile; most of his social interactions over the past few years had been carried out via the Cortex, and the bonds between him and the other crew members had been forged in fire thanks to the big ship heist they'd pulled together. After something like that, there didn't seem to be much need to put your best face forward and trade pleasantries. They were all partners in crime and that was that. But the new recruit was still... new, so Jo supposed he had no choice but to try to make friends with her the old-fashioned way. He hadn't exactly been a social butterfly before abandoning his studies, friends and girlfriend to become a reclusive cyber-outlaw, but he felt extra rusty.
Dialogue color: teal

Rashy Pete

Pete bobbed his head in time with Holger's tune, almost grasping the words behind them but - as in most cases - his mental reach was left lacking. Scratching at a sapping patch of irritated skin on his neck, Pete rubbed a pair of brain cells together like hot-wiring the neighbor's mule and tried to relate with Holger. "Da-da da-da, da-da; da-da da-daaa, da-da!. Got it! Okay. Alright. So we're drinkin' and we're pissin'. Sounds good. So, uh - Miss. How long have you been a pirate?"

Pete flinched at Holger's response, whether such a reaction was warranted or not, and nodded in mock understanding. "Awesome, okay. Yeah. Suresuresure... So uh. Are you just holding that bottle, or is it my turn to sing?"
"You better squeeze all the Charmin you can, While Mr. Whipple's not around;
Put your head in the microwave, and get yourself a tan"

- "Dare To Be Stupid", 'Weird Al' Yankovic

Tereza

October 26, 2019, 01:05:31 PM #23 Last Edit: October 27, 2019, 11:27:35 AM by Tereza
Quote from: Joakim Soong on October 11, 2019, 04:17:42 AM"I'm all for making life miserable for the Alliance," he chimed in. "But I'm even more interested in passing a proper share of our loot over to folks who really need it. I know it's in the name and all, but we shouldn't let ourselves get sidetracked by the revenging part of the mission."

The man had a point. Sort of. Getting consumed by the idea of revenge wasn't going to be profitable for them, or for anyone else if they were so inclined. Stealing from the rich, giving to the poor. As long as they could still fill their own pockets while they were at it Tereza was on board. She gave a small smile to Joakim and a nod. "You've got a point there. We can't beat ourselves bloody just to cause problems, need to keep everyone else in mind."

Quote from: Joakim Soong on October 22, 2019, 01:32:44 AM"Could you please give me your full name, date of birth and place of birth? For a background check. I'm sure you understand."

Tereza returned the smile with one that came much more comfortably to her face. "My name is Tereza Kovačević. I was born in Landowne Estate on Bellerophon thirty six years ago, split my time growing up there and on the Narisovannyye Zvezdy Space Station. Think that should be enough. If you want references contact Vedushchiy Koloss, they are paramilitary contractors."

Then Holger was leading an investigation into the ship to see if there was any booze stocked aboard. Which probably meant raiding officer's foot lockers. Tereza stood and began to follow the two men. It should also prove to be a good time to find a room proper. She couldn't just live in the Cockpit and one of the heads.
Dark be the sky
Dense be the clouds
Thunders seem to fright
And storm will take the lives
The sun sets and rise
But the cut above will always FLY
-- Ravi Chan

Isa Romero

October 28, 2019, 04:09:47 PM #24 Last Edit: November 03, 2019, 07:30:12 PM by Lomari

Thinking longingly about that bottle of whiskey, Isa waited for Mel, pulling her towards the rec room once her XO appeared. Giving her friend a firm but brief embrace, Isa smiled and released Mel back to a more comfortable distance, for both of them. It was uncommon for her to address someone so informally but they weren't in the military anymore, and this certainly wasn't a military ship.  But it was home.

Stepping back Isa put her hands behind her back, what she would call a relaxed position. "Right well, what kind of team did you scrounge up here.  I know Izak, and I've met Tereza. Who else do we have? And is there anything else I should know?"

Holger Heyerdahl

Holger, only too glad to share in libations, passed Pete the bottle as they ventured into the heart of the ship. With their short time aboard and his injury and the killing of and cleaning up after the killing of the crew, there had not yet been much time for exploring. "Shipping is a long time thing for me after the war." He said, peeking into a room they passed. "Shitter." He said before moving on to more interesting areas of the ship. "Holger is big. Holger is mean. Mean and big is what Holger gets paid for." They passed the kitchen, which he knew all too well, and outside of which there was still a gash in the wall from his knife. "Stuck this here." He said pointing from the knife at his belt to the hole.

"Clothes room." As a corridor met them next. Holger rather liked his new uniform, though some part of him realized he couldn't wear it forever. But it did make him feel shiny. But the boots were not for running and the jacket was not for fighting. Starchy and tight in the wrong places. Stairs came next, which descended into the belly of the beast. "Down here I wonder what." The fact that he was leading them, inadvertently, to the crew quarters didn't occur to him. Since he'd bonked his noggin, Holger had been sleeping in the med bay on Melody's order and by the prissy doctor lady's force of will.

The dorms. A peek inside revealed to Holger that they had found what they were looking for. "Stinky man. You look here." He said pointing one out. "Tiny revenge woman, you go to here." He said pointing out another. Meeting their eyes with a mischievous smile, he said, "We look for things all of us." Holger set his sights on a third dorm.
Dialogue Color - Orange

Melody

November 03, 2019, 07:29:38 PM #26 Last Edit: November 03, 2019, 07:37:17 PM by Lomari

Melody grimaced a little at the question, sighing and putting her hands on her hips in thought. Holger seemed to be getting better, if his slightly more intelligible thoughts were any indication, but Pete wasn't getting any less...Pete. Her hands rose from her sides to rub at her face in frustration, a breath turned groan slipping past her fingers.

"Izak, you know. Uptight, combative, boring," she muttered, lowering her hands just enough to eye her friend over her fingertips. "Tereza, newcomer. Great pilot. Ready to throw down, it seems, when she feels she's on the right side of things. Promising, I think," the pilot continued. Moving away from her friend, she leaned her shoulder against the wall and looked around at the room she hadn't seen in quite some time. It was all pretty trippy, being back here. It all looked the same, and yet everything was different.

"Holger, I trust him with my life. And yours. And everyone else's on board. Ex Browncoat. Tried to kill each other." The corner of Mel's lips quirked upward as she remembered that day fondly. Before one Marine had shown up, it had been a pretty good day. "Jo, also new. But he helped us track down the ship and found your broadcast telling us to run. Useful, wants to do something meaningful, level-headed. Seems a fine crew member." She shrugged her free shoulder.

"Pete..." Melody looked physically pained, her hand coming up to brush her hair away from her face. "I don't...I can't," she concluded, not having any reasonable way to explain the whirlwind of a man. "And...the doctor," she began, thinking on it a moment and standing up straight. "We should go peek in on her. Found her aboard the ship. Still Alliance, but she did try to fix up Holger. I trust her about as much as I trust that hwen dan who discharged you..."
Dialogue Color: Brown

Izak Archer

Sliding into the soon to be Isa's cabin, Izak had been rummaging through a few of the soon to be taken up cabinets, and found a handful of bottles. The previous commander seemed to have traditional tastes. He found whiskey, vodka, and a bottle of cognac. The latter of the three was the smallest bottle and he brought that to his cabin before seeking out the singing behemoth and the rest of the crew.

He did not have far to go, they were nearly in the crew quarters.

Approaching the group he had a bottle in each had.

"Holger, whiskey or vodka?" He glanced towards the rest of the group. "Anyone else?"

Isa Romero

Isa listened quietly as Melody gave the run down of their crew. Certainly not what she was used to, which meant she would probably have to...chill out. Though their doctor/captive did pose a problem of sorts. Why did she seem like a willing participant...yet not all at the same time. Perhaps a private word with the good doctor would be necessary later. She nodded and processed everything thrown at her, at least she knew their names.

"Well....they aren't....terrible. They're functional...for the most part." Isa tried to reassure herself, "We really won't know until our first job, and I guess if someone gets shot, well...maybe it's weeding out the weakest one...With that said, we have a job. I'm just waiting on the details. For now, we should probably join the crew." Isa stepped a aside and stretched her arm out indicating her friend and XO could go first. She wasn't sure how this all was going to play out. But she had her ship, and soon her revenge.

Rashy Pete

Holger's manner of speech set Pete at ease they walked. It was simple, honest, and direct. Pete took the opportunity to learn more about Holger's trade. Apparently the man had been in transport since his time in the military. Guess it makes sense he feels more comfortable in a uniform. the so-called mechanic reasoned to himself in silence as the bearded giant of a man pointed out the water closet. "Oh. So that's where the bathrooms are. I was looking around for that for days."

Pete wasn't sure what Alliance standards on beards of Holger's lengths were, and trying to imagine the man without one made him feel queasy. As Holger pointed out the hole he'd made in the wall, Pete had to agree that someone with that kind of strength must've been really useful in the shipping business - particularly when it came to moving freight. Holger continued to point out the ship's amenities before the group approached the living quarters. From there, Holger suggested they all split up and search the rooms.

Pete checked under his arms and realized Holger was right - he certainly did smell. He tried to remember how long it'd been since he'd taken a bath, and when he ran out of fingers he figured it was probably time. He reasoned he would need a change of clothes as well, and went about looking for something in the room's wardrobe. He reasoned the tank top and shorts within might be a bit too small, but figured they'd work while his own clothes were in the wash. He also happened upon a tambourine and a hidden stash of Old Earth Style with only a few shots missing.

He crossed the hall toward the showers while no one was looking, scrubbed up before the water could get too hot, and heeded Melody's advice with an Alliance issue disposable toothbrush. Unable to locate any proper toothpaste (similarly having resorted to using hand soap to wash up in the shower), Pete reasoned alcohol should be just as effective in cleaning his mouth as it was in cleaning engine parts. After dumping his coveralls and particularly ripe underclothes into the laundry chute, Pete stepped out into the hallway feeling like a new man. A new man wearing uncomfortably tight athletic shorts, a sports bra, and a silky, dark blue night robe the hem of which cut off around mid-thigh, and carrying a tambourine and a bottle of bourbon.

By the time Izak entered the corridor to ask for Holger's opinion, Pete glanced around to find he was the first one there. "Vodka sounds nice. Do you think there's any tomato juice in the kitchen? Ketchup also works." Pete looked down at items in his hands and shifted awkwardly in the pink, puffy flip-flops he'd worn while showering. Looking up at Izak with an expression of sudden discomfort, Pete considered it'd be nice to offer Izak something in return. First he offered the tambourine. Then the Old Earth Style. Then the tambourine again. Then the bourbon. Then the...

HumanHyperbole

November 19, 2019, 06:50:34 PM #30 Last Edit: November 19, 2019, 06:53:03 PM by HumanHyperbole
It was starting to feel like things were settling into their rightful place. The Revenge effortlessly glided through the void of space, carrying them along in her warm embrace. That feeling of home felt natural, or maybe it was the booze. Either way, things felt good, and for now at least, and in the relative matter for those hurtling themselves through the harsh emptiness of space on a regular basis, they were safe.

The celebrations and libations gave way to a new day, hangovers, another night for hydration and recovery or just more spirits, and a message from Isa's contact. It was just a set of coordinates about two hours at full burn away. The message followed with the simple request that they await further instructions once there and concluded with those tantalizing four words:

High Risk. High Reward.

Holger Heyerdahl

November 21, 2019, 07:16:35 AM #31 Last Edit: November 21, 2019, 07:17:16 AM by noseatbelts
"I don't like horses!" Holger said, waking himself up in the process. He'd been having a strange dream, to which he'd become accustomed. It wasn't the head injury or the heavy drinking either. His mother had always said he had an active imagination, telling tall tales and wild stories throughout his youth. His brother, Fridtjof, claimed to communicate with the Gods, and said that dreams were a direct conversation with them. That they held the mysteries of the universe. As a result, Fridtjof slept often. Holger didn't know why his brother's Gods would have him teaching horses to swim in a lake of jelly, but Fridtjof was the spiritual one. Not Holger.

Holger looked up and saw the ceiling of the cargo bay far above. This tracked with his memory of the previous night. After Izak had found the bottles of booze, a boon to their meager search, they had commenced with the drinking as proper pirates should. They passed around the bottles as they each shared in drinking songs and at one point they played a game they dubbed "Holger Ball." Holger Ball consisted of trying to get an empty jug of cleaning solution (the closest approximation to a ball they could find in the supply closet) away from Holger, who held it above his head. Any means necessary were allowed. Broom handles, step stools, even tasers had been utilized. If someone retrieved the ball from Holger, they were to finish their drink. Holger did not try very hard to keep it away from people.

He tried to sit up and realized he was being held down by something. A glance down at his chest revealed an arm wrapped around him. Under his arm he found the Stinky Man snoring softly. He did not stink so much today, which Holger was glad of. He was a strange man, this Pete, but Holger was beginning to like him. People often called Holger strange, so they had that in common. He looked almost sweet in his face. Like a weird baby angel with flaky skin... and a foot coming out of his face. Holger followed the foot to a leg and saw that Melody had joined in their pile. This made Holger smile. Melody worried too much and Holger was glad to see her not worrying and having fun. When he thought about it, Melody may have been the one with the taser. Beneath his legs, Holger found Skinny Computer Man- Jo-uh-kim. Holger was glad to be learning everyone's names.

Holger sat up, fighting off a case of spinny head brought on by the hangover, the head injury, or sitting up too fast (he was used to all three) and got to his feet with some effort, not worrying about bothering any of those sleeping around him. In fact- "Revenge, it is morning!" Or at least as morning as it got whilst in space. "Food we shall eat. Then a ship we take. Then we eat and drink more! Up Revenge! Up! All get up now!"
Dialogue Color - Orange

Melody

"Revenge, it is morning!"

Melody jerked awake, her hand instinctively going to the sidearm she had taken off before drinking for exactly this reason. Still, it took a second or two for her shoulders and abdomen to relax enough for her to lay back down, a sigh escaping her as her eyes closed again. She laid like that for a moment, trying to push away the spinning sensation in her head, the pounding at the base of her skull, and the wet feeling at her toe.

Wait.

The pilot's eyes opened and she pushed up onto her elbows, sitting up just enough to look down the length of her leg toward her foot where Pete laid with his free arm wrapped around her ankle like he were snuggling with a teddy bear, his cheek resting against the top of her foot as he sucked on his thumb, a puddle of drool dripping from the corner of his mouth onto her big toe. Her expression wavered between horror and indignation but couldn't seem to settle on one for longer than a moment or two.

"Food we shall eat. Then a ship we take. Then we eat and drink more! Up Revenge! Up! All get up now!"

She pulled her unencumbered foot back a good distance before grunting and kicking Pete away from her foot, moving her body backward to pull it free the rest of the way. Standing, Melody looked around for her boots, spotting them hanging from a metal bar Holger's height away from the ground, tied together with their own laces. She squinted suspiciously at them, once again patting her hip where her gun should have been. Giving up on it materializing there for her, her hand moved up to rest on her forehead, a groan of mild pain slipping past her lips.

"Revenge is up," she assured Holger, eyeing him with one eye, the other closed tight to stop the headache from popping it.

Joakim Soong

"I don't like horses!"

Jo stirred from his dark, dreamless slumber, feeling sweaty and sticky and like he was being crushed under the legs of a six-foot giant of Scandinavian descent. He didn't dare open his eyes: his head felt like it was stuck in a vise, and although he was lying perfectly still at the moment, he was pretty confident any attempt at movement would make him throw up all over himself.

Jo wasn't much of a drinker. In fact, he couldn't recall getting drunk since his time in engineering school, when his girlfriend had dragged him out with her friends and he'd ingested the ole giggle water just to humor her. That was ages ago, though, and Jo hadn't touched the stuff since. Maybe this was why? No, he couldn't remember his hangovers ever feeling this bad. Was this just how it was once you turned 30?

How had even managed to get himself in this state? Surely, he had been careful? Yes, he had been careful... at first. But the atmosphere of camaraderie had snuck up on him; for the first time in years he'd been surrounded by people with whom he felt comfortable enough to let his guard down, and by the time they started playing "Holger Ball", he had a decent buzz going, and his inner 13-year-old who always sucked at sports came out and went all in, encouraged by the fact that he was doing well in a game for the first time in his life. In hindsight, Holger might have let him win more than a few times.

Speaking of Holger...

Oh God. His voice felt like a sledgehammer to the skull.

"Food we shall eat. Then a ship we take. Then we eat and drink more! Up Revenge! Up! All get up now!"

Make it stop.

"Revenge is up," he heard Melody's voice from somewhere to his right. His ego felt a little reassured by the fact that she didn't sound too hot herself, although unfortunately it did nothing to alleviate his headache and nausea.

"Speak for yourself," he mumbled, still refusing to open his eyes. His tongue felt like parchment in his mouth. "I'm just going to lie down forever."

Izak Archer

At some point during the night of drunken shenanigans Izak remembered hitting his limit, stumbling to his bed, and taking a shot off the top of the bottle of cognac his that he stashed the night before.

After that, he stumbled back to the bridge and spent the rest of the night sleeping in his chair as Holger's singing echoed throughout the ship, and he woke up with his neck hurting more than his head. It wasn't exactly planned out well, but at least he avoided however the evening ended.

He slipped down to the galley to grab some water and almost spit it out as Holger woke the crew.

"Bloody hell does he always have to be so loud? he asked himself in a whisper. He popped his head in the room as the jumble of people that resulted from the singing and traditional dance the night before and shook his head. "I'm on the bridge for watch if you need me," he said plainly and headed back up.

Rashy Pete

December 08, 2019, 03:40:01 PM #35 Last Edit: January 09, 2020, 04:32:51 PM by RUNE

Pete dreamt of home. The quiet days before he was a wanted conspirator in the theft of an experimental warship, when life consisted of replacing empty power cells, performing routine waste disposal repair, checking coolant and hydraulic levels, a ten minute break every 2 hours and a union mandated half hour lunch. He was cleaning the crush plate of a massive trash compactor when he stepped on what he original thought to be a bag of trash.

"Food we shall eat. Then a ship we take. Then we eat and drink more!"

The bag surprised him by yeowling and hissing in response. Sifting through the garbage, Pete recovered what would soon become his most steadfast companion. Loyal and true, particularly when Pete had food on him - not just what he had on hand but the residual remnants of whatever sauce, jelly stain or cheese flavored dust which also collected upon his clothing - the feline Rasputin, a semi-feral, stealthy, and streetwise scavenger took the first of many swipes at Pete's face.

"HUNF!"

Pete recoiled from being struck in the face as the leg he'd been using as a pillow disappeared. Pete held his face and groaned on the floor as the conversation continued.

"Up Revenge! Up! All get up now!"
"Revenge is up,"
"Speak for yourself,"
"I'm just going to lie down forever."

"Oooowww my head! How much did I drink last night? Oooooh-ho-ho-ho-o-o-o no-o-o... It feels... Oooof. It feels like somebody hit me in the face!"

Pete rose up to his feet with both hands covering his nose, almost tripped over Joakim, and stumbled toward Melody and Holger. Stepping into the soft light emitted from the ceiling tiles as Holger shouted,  Pete turned in one hundred and eighty degrees of confusion before straightening up before Holger and Melody in a whimsical sailor's outfit meant for a much smaller person. Pete felt like he was being stared at, so he looked down at himself and tried to shuffle away from the way too short shorts covering disturbingly little of his pasty legs before they disappeared into knee high socks and red slippers. He stopped retreating long enough to admire his own calves before looking back up with his typical confused squint. He nodded slowly, straightened up, and crossed his arms as if to double down on his choice of attire and forced a mostly neutral expression that appeared to convey an unspoken insistence that Pete wasn't the weirdest one between them.

"I'm up! I'm up. And I'm into the taking and eating and drinking but mostly the eating and right now I'm up mostly up for some eggs so. Breakfast. That's right! Can't uh... Can't finish a hard night's drinkin' with um. Well. Or you can't start. Okay so you can't finish a hard night's drinking and start a hard day's pa...pa-p-piracy! Piracy. A hard day's piracy without breakfast." Pete leaned in with his hand cupped around his mouth and whispering as if letting Holger and Melody in on a startling new secret. "It's the most important meal of the day."

The Rashy One's squint-eyed recoil returned as he withdrew a step away from Holger and Melody and toward the galley. He slipped backward in overly exaggerated steps in the slippers although his feet never actually left the ground. Once within what he felt a comfortably safe distance, Pete snapped to some semblance of attention. "We arrrrre Revenge!" Pete departed with an awkward, cringy attempt at a salute. After moving his hands as if they just became masters of their own destinies in the Verse, he forced them both behind his back where they continued to struggle against one another above the white plastic belt cinching the waist of the navy blue boy shorts. Pete marched like something out of a Monty Python skit toward the galley.

HumanHyperbole

January 09, 2020, 01:44:16 PM #36 Last Edit: January 09, 2020, 01:46:21 PM by HumanHyperbole
As the crew got back on their feet, and the fog started to lift from their heads, the crew of the Revenge would notice a palpable absence from their ranks. The fine ship's captain was nowhere to be seen among the recovering crew or in her halls.

A neatly, but hastily written note sitting atop her bunk's bed was all that could be found:

Need to protect the crew. Larger forces at play. Stick to the job, auto-pilot has the coordinates. Taking the shuttle until this is sorted.

The vessel was in fact still on course. And their radar showed two blips. An alliance surplus personnel carrier with brand new civilian transponder ID, and an asteroid it was orbiting.

Melody

"I'm just going to lie down forever." She knew what he meant. Movement in general was disagreeable.

"I'm on the bridge for watch if you need me." For what? Bringing the party down?

"We arrrrre Revenge!" Dear god, what had she done allowing him to stay on board...

Melody shook her head, reaching up to grab at the dangling ties of her boots and yanking them down off where someone body had put them. Her money was on the 'mechanic'. With a frown, Mel reached out to pat Holger's arm idly before turning to head out of the room toward where the Captain's Quarters were, a slow smile tugging at one corner of her lips. Isa had asked her to get a crew together, and this was what she'd ended up with. What a terrible XO she'd turned out to be. At least she could still be a good friend and check on the Captain, get up to speed on some things, maybe laugh about some old story of the Alliance days of yore.

"Isa, we really need to do something about the shape of this crew," she said with rare laughter in her voice, pressing the button on the door and stepping in as it slid out of her way. Baby blues scanned the room, the mirth slowly draining out of her expression as slow, disappointed understanding settled in its place. She sighed. The note on the bunk drew her attention and for more than a minute, Melody stood with her arms crossed, eyeing it with a frown, her body still as a statue.

"Ian xia suo you de ren dou gai si..."

The pilot picked up the note and threw it angrily, unread, into the trash bin next to the Captain's desk. She stared down into it for a moment then kicked it over, bent down to pick it up, and threw it across the room, the note fluttering out of the container and joining it on the floor, "Wo cao. Whatever... Damnit, Isa..." Turning, she stalked out of the room toward the stairs in the lounge that led up to the bridge, her expression blank despite her clenched fists. Where the hell were they even heading? They hadn't even had a briefing. Storming through the cockpit, she sat heavily in the pilot's seat, glaring down at the current coordinates and the blips on the radar. Melody gestured at them angrily, "And what even is that?" she snapped at the computer, hitting the butt of her fist against the console and sighing.

Joakim Soong

Contrary to his proclamation, Jo got up shortly after the rest of his pilemates did. As soon as he was positioned vertically, he realized he'd made a terrible mistake; his mouth, so dry only moments ago, was suddenly watering with that tell-tale wave of saliva that heralds the coming of vomit.

"Excuse me," he croaked at nobody in particular, then rushed in the general direction of the bathrooms.

Later, Jo entered the bridge, looking slightly less green in the face and lethargically sucking on a box of orange juice he'd snatched from the galley. He gave a rueful nod of acknowledgment to Izak, who was looking better than the rest of them combined, all rested and rosy-cheeked and hydrated. God, I wish that were me.

"And what even is that?" Melody's cry of frustration interrupted Joakim's daydreams of a soberer morning. He might have brushed it off as her normal surly disposition being aggravated by her hangover, if it weren't for the fact that it was punctuated by her smashing her fist against the console. The physically aggressive outburst seemed out of character even for her; usually she merely shook with the suppressed urge to violence, which was part of why her temper was almost endearing at times instead of merely scary.

"Is everything alright, Mel?" he asked, approaching her slowly as if she was a dangerous animal ready to rip his face off if he startled her in her moment of seething. He looked at the blips on the radar. "Is that our target? It all looks fine to me," he offered, hoping to alleviate whatever it was that was weighing on her mind.

Holger Heyerdahl

"Another night, another dream, but always you
It's like a vision of love that seems to be true
Another night, another dream, but always you
In the night, I dream of love so true."

Holger entered the cockpit arms spread wide, a spring in his step, the song on his lips preceding his entrance as it echoed through the corridors. He didn't seem to be singing to anyone in particular, but perhaps to the entire crew? Either way, he was present, and loud, and exceedingly cheery for the mood the rest of the crew seemed to be in for finally they were going to do some pirating! "Revenge!" He said, his fist clenched before his wide eyes. "Are we ready for the fight?" He looked at the screens, the blips and the bleeps and the lights and the screens making little sense to him. "Where is it? What is it? I would like to do the fighting now, Melody."
Dialogue Color - Orange