Episode 3: Sectors/Shops

Started by RUNE, December 02, 2019, 10:43:58 PM

RUNE

December 02, 2019, 10:43:58 PM Last Edit: December 04, 2019, 07:19:51 PM by RUNE
A few days after the commotion which brought the former crew of Wushu to Iscariot, a new cycle brought new commerce to the Station's row of business establishments. One of Iscariot's property agents met with Jedikiah to discuss the rental agreement for a proposed new Dojo that would be opening soon. The neon "OPEN" sign buzzed to life at Alice's. A worker scraped the former shop owner's name off the glass at the local salon. Valhalla's golden gates remained closed this early in the day, but elsewhere The Lady Magdalene and Grave Discoveries opened their doors to the public.

I know that I hung on a windy tree nine long nights, wounded with a spear, dedicated to Odin, myself to myself, on that tree of which no man knows from where its roots run.
No bread did they give me nor a drink from a horn, downwards I peered; I took up the runes, screaming I took them, then I fell back from there.
The songs I know that king's wives know not Nor men that are sons of men.
So do I write and color the runes.

Alese “Alice” Westergaard

December 03, 2019, 12:44:00 PM #1 Last Edit: December 03, 2019, 09:04:15 PM by RUNE
Alice's Restaurant Sector 3A, Location 5A

Out front hung a sign that proclaimed "Alice's Restaurant" in oversized script, surrounded by themes from the book, like the white rabbit and the pocket watch, mushrooms, roses and of course the Cheshire cat with that wide grin. The windows had been uncovered and an open sign had finally appeared outside of Alice's Restaurant.  Near the entrance sat a white board announcing the special of the day.

The sign proudly boasts: Today's special: Marinated chicken breast served with parmesan risotto and a mixed green salad with a homemade raspberry vinaigrette dressing.  Dessert for today is coconut cake.  Served until it's gone.

When one entered the double doors, they were faced with a more modest diner with limited seating. Counter seating allowed for ten, as well as, four private booths and 8 tables filling the floor space.  The floor was covered in black and white tiles, forming a checkerboard pattern. The booths separated two on each side, surrounded individually by a living hedge, those on the right side adorned with red roses, those on the left with white roses.  The tables themselves either topped with a checkerboard pattern or that of the back of a playing card.  The chairs appeared to be made of a heavy wood with plush seats covered in a fabric with a black and gold fleur-d-Lis print. The walls had been repainted, not red, not crimson, but a deep shade of ruby and adorned by oversized gold gilt frames each holding an illustrated print from Through the Looking Glass.  The hanging lights were made of broken crockery, specifically teapots, teacups and saucers, repurposed just for this reason.  At the end of the counter was an old-fashioned looking cash register and in a Plexiglas case on a display stand, an actual leather-bound copy of the of the book, Through the Looking Glass.

There was a window cut into the wall behind the counter where you could see into the kitchen, which looked to be stainless steel and spotless. A swinging door granted access.  In the back of the kitchen on the other side of the walk in cooler was a door that gave access to the inner corridors of the station, where deliveries would be made and trash collected, and it was through this door one could access the stairway that lead to the small quarters up above the restaurant.

The proprietor and namesake of said restaurant could be found bustling about putting the last finishing touches on things.  Her normally wild mane of hair had been pulled back in a neat chignon, held by a silver comb.  She was dressed in white leggings with black knee high boots and a dress of powder blue with a crenelated skirt with the hem chased with cut outs of rabbits and pocket watches circling round.  A tidy apron nipped in at her narrow waist. The neckline was modest and kept the place family friendly.  Her nametag boldly proclaimed her to be "Alice".  Her make-up was minimal aside from the black eyeliner in a bold cat's eye accenting her bright green eyes.

Now all she needed was some customers.

Angela Evans

The double doors opened slowly, deliberately, and a tall figure stepped through, backlit from the neon and warm light out in the shopping district behind them, a hum of life and commotion drifting through the opened gateway and momentarily interrupting the ambiance this diner's owner had set with the unpredictable and typically impolite nature of the station. As they stepped in, their long piano player's fingers sliding off the edge of the door to allow it to shut behind them, blocking out the light and sound and locking them into some 'elsewhere' dimension of hedge mazes and animals in clothing. They seemed to look around at what one of the few currently open eating establishments had to offer, considering what they saw. Whoever ran this place woke early and while the interior belayed some sort of insanity, they clearly knew more about business than it would have suggested at face value and knew to be open for the early birds and grave shift zombies.

Or so one would hope.

Blue-grey eyes settled on the woman dressed in child's clothing and one golden brow quirked upward the barest quarter of a millimeter before the figure turned and pointed toward a booth with an extended index finger to indicate that it was where they were heading. Heels of practical black business shoes clicked against the patterned floor, the duffle bag hanging in the palm of the stranger's free hand rattling every now and again as a step jarred its contents. They tossed the bag into the booth, the canvas sliding against the seat and stopping neatly in the corner between chair and wall. Then, the figure sat themselves on the opposite side of the table, their back against the booth butted against the wall so they could see the entrance to the establishment and most (if not all) of the interior as well. A hand lifted to barely run their fingertips against the asymmetrical golden bob of their hair, ensuring not a single strand had moved out of its proper place.

Politely and silently, they waited to be served.

Alice was glad to see a customer as the restaurant had just opened to the public just a little while before.  She made her way over with menu in hand and a friendly smile.  She set the menu on the table with a cheery, "Welcome to Alice's Restaurant. You're welcome to order anything on the menu*, it's not bound by time constraints. Can I get you something to drink while you decide what you'd like?"

*Menu is posted under shop info

Jedikiah Rembo

December 04, 2019, 04:35:31 PM #4 Last Edit: December 06, 2019, 08:31:53 AM by Jedikiah Rembo
Rembo Dojo, sector 3A, location 2A

The station real estate agent had driven home a few additional conditions that Jedikiah had not been aware of, namely the discount that would be provided to members of station staff. That suited Jed fine though, the more incentive to get some students the sooner he could make a true venture.

The hours required to work the Medical Unit were not a hindrance and all in all the rent was affordable considering the limitation of space on a plex.

A first meeting with a mixed amount of prospective students followed. They went through the Tai Chi Yang Short Form. A few were familiar. Some proficient, others just had memorized the form through some community school or club direction. But there was an eagerness that boded well. Free time on a station could be a difficulty so in some sense he had a rather captive pool of students.

Those looking to practice the hard fist of Kung Fu stayed after and he arranged a couple of additional meetings for them.

Initial practices and lessons went well. He and his first students found a common ground for proceeding. Students were divided into appropriate level of classes. A few of the advanced practitioners seemed eager to test themselves against him. He did not allow it. Those with humility he made note of and pressed them all to see themselves and what they could do and where they were, rather than what he himself could do.

After making some adjustments to the posted schedule outside the Dojo he locked up and began a typical walk about the station eventually returning to the shop section near him.  He was becoming familiar with the station. After a night in his quad quarters he arranged a cot in the Dojo and slept there. He stored some clothing and personal affects in the sleeping dorm, this seemed to be a common custom. Jedikiah wore his typical loose fitting cotton slacks and comfortable loafers and today a plain gray t-shirt.

After a moment looking at the Grave Discoveries storefront he smiled again at what he thought was a sort of clever twist on the name. Discovering the long ago buried. Perhaps later, first things first.

He was hungry.

Alice's Restaurant, sector 3A, Location 5A
There had been a short introduction with Alice a few nights ago at Valhalla while he supped with Gwen. Since then he ate at Alice's Restaurant usually once per day.

He entered and headed to the counter, took a seat. His usual was a cup of tea, fruit, a bowl of multi-grain cereal. With some anticipation he waited for Alice, she always had a nice friendly disposition. It was good to be around other happy people.
Yang Style Tai Chi and Shaolin Kung Fu
 - And Medical Practitioner

Angela Evans

Light eyes watched the waitress approach, gaze darting down to the tips of her toes and back up to the crown of her head before settling comfortable on her green eyes. Information was gathered in milliseconds, collated, and put away for later use should it become necessary. Hands moved to settle on the table top, one placed carefully over the other as they regarded the Alice woman with tilted head, her name gathered from a quick glance down at the name tag clipped atop her bosom. They never bothered to pick up the menu, nor did they push it aside or refuse it all together. Instead, their back straightened half a tick and they inhaled slowly in preparation.

"Eggs, over easy. White toast, black coffee," the stranger ordered, their voice a clipped and refined Londinium drawl, the kind that could be soothing or off putting depending on the situation. There was no emotion behind the words, no deeper feeling attached to the intonation or the cadence of their speech. It was detached and polite and nothing more. After a pause, their pale pink lips parted once more to add a, "Please...and thank you."

An older gentleman entered the establishment, drawing the attention of the blonde figure for the briefest of instants. Another once over, noting the dedicated definition of his body, the smooth way in which he walked that indicated perhaps a dancer's or a fighter's grace, and the countless years and stories written upon his face, they made some mental notes about potential occupations in which the man might've been employed. The customer made a mental note to look for a place to exercise now that they were here on the station, and to perhaps inquire as to the location of such a place from this gentleman. Surely, with his body type and the appearance of apparent continued physical discipline, he would hopefully know of such a place.

RUNE

December 04, 2019, 06:49:38 PM #6 Last Edit: January 05, 2020, 07:26:11 PM by RUNE
After a long night of answering Centurion Security agents' inquiries about his last location and business aboard the station, Sean Finnegan spent the days since lying low and trying to enjoy the Station's various services as much as he could. While CenSec's agents laughed off his fears of being shipped off to Bellerophon to answer to the planet's authorities for his improvised caper and reassured him that so long as he had creds to spend and didn't cause a ruckus he was welcome to hang his hat. However, Sean remained unaware of either the coup attempt within the Moda Tong or the resulting power struggle occupying his former masters' time and retained a mild sense of unease and distrust as he moved about the station.

After a couple of days putting his experience as a grifter and charlatan to work, Sean found himself at the entrance to 'Lil Sebastian's Bail Bonds and Pawn Shop'.  Looking inside, Sean took note of the typical trappings - rows of random items on shelves and in cases under buzzing fluorescent lights, framed captures and posters ranging from provocative or promotional to personal and sentimental, and at the back of the store, secured behind a chain link barrier with various weapons, rare coins, and other valuables, a man small in stature but bigger than Sean yet knew eyed the Sionnach with scrutiny.

"Ya gonna come in here and buy somethin', or are ya just gonna stand there lookin' like a jerk?" a voice bigger than the man's body gave him credit for called out toward Sean. "Come on! Ya keep standin' there, people are gonna think you're weird. Can't have a buncha weirdos hangin' around. It's bad for business."

I know that I hung on a windy tree nine long nights, wounded with a spear, dedicated to Odin, myself to myself, on that tree of which no man knows from where its roots run.
No bread did they give me nor a drink from a horn, downwards I peered; I took up the runes, screaming I took them, then I fell back from there.

Amorru Reyes

December 04, 2019, 08:24:53 PM #7 Last Edit: December 04, 2019, 08:29:25 PM by RUNE
Quote from: Charity on December 03, 2019, 07:16:24 PM"Where is Amorru? Cocky, headstrong, a sense of style that I'm sure will be unappreciated here... a big personality."

"So there I was..." Dressed to the nines in classic Peresephone fashions, Amorru Reyes selected a quality fleece from his past, fed the wool into the leader, and sat himself beside the figurative Saxony as he began to spin a yarn for all those gathered around to listen. "Constable figured he had me cornered, right? 'Give it up Reyes!' The bumblin' billy bellows. 'The boys back at the precinct are in for a treat. Seems I've caught me the greatest gorram pilot and in the whole ruttin' Verse!'" Amorru paused dramatically as his audience jeered and hissed at the copper's intent to lock away the hero of the tale. He closed his eyes and waved a hand as if to assure them the story wasn't over. "'Not so fast, brev.' I says. 'Got my reputation right, but I'm afraid yez mistaken.'" Amorru changed the tone and pitch of his voice to be gruffer, and more guttural. "'Oy! Izzat so? Well go on! Howzat, then?' And so me, I, Amorru Reyes, slash at that bad ol' billy's belly with my blade, adding quite an artistic flourish if I say so - and I do say so." Amorru winked at the buxom blonde refilling his ridiculously oversized stein.

"Cheers, love. Now where was I? Oh! Right, right. So I says to the billy as his belt buckle and pants buttons drop to the ground, ringin' like little brass bells, 'Seems I caught you - and with your trousers 'round your knees no less!' And then, before he reach for his britches, I THRUST forward-" Amorru snatched the blonde server around the waist and pulled her into his lap as she yelped playfully. "-and I put the point of my blade right there, up underneath his chin and I says 'Now when you fill out your report, you make gorram sure you include the part where you were plain humped and at the mercy of Amorru Reyes, the Greatest Gorram Pilot in the Whole Ruttin' Verse and the Best Swordsman Ever Lived!'" Amorru raised his stein in salute as the audience cheered and laughed. He chugged the ale as if a man parched in the wild before bringing the stein down in a call for silence on the table before him. "And that's not even the best part."

The crowd looked at each other in shock. "There's more?" "Ain't no way!" "I swear I done saw this in one o' them capture features..." "Shhh!" "Ain't nobody here to listen to you!" "S'awright. I wouldn't believe it myself, I hadn't been the man who done it. But I did. I told the constable to pick up his trousers and leave his belt on the dirt. Then, as he turned to run off like the coward he was, I cut three slashes - an 'A' on the seat of his knickers! And one big swat right across his arse to remember me by!" Amorru rose the stein once more as the audience roared and howled with delight, many men turning to the man or woman beside them and recounting their favorite parts of the tale as if they all hadn't just heard it all. Amorru chuckled himself, no one in the room more delighted with the recounted of his own exploits. He cocked an eyebrow toward the blonde in his lap. "You like that story, do ya? C'mon. Let us tell yez some more..."

"Listen, fella. Ya can't stay here all day."

"Let us tell yez some more..." Amorru muttered, his face flat against the bar where he passed out hours before.

"No, thanks. I heard plenty. More than I wanted to know. Look, I already cleaned the place up and I need to recharge."

"Whatdya think I was doin' here, Jerry? I'm jush... Jush trynna recharge..." Amorru snored like something terrible growling in a deep dark cave before a pitcher of ice water splashed over his head. He bolted upright, his expression aghast. "Oh, come now Gerald! I'll have to take this to the wash!" Amorru blinked and wiped the water from his face.

"Probably for the best. Even I can smell you, and - while I don't normally make it a habit to insult a payin' customer - I gotta tell ya, that's rough. Now go on. Scat. Go sleep it off someplace else."

Amorru dropped his throbbing head in his hands. "Got no where to go, Jeremy. I'm flat broke. A pilot without a ship. And it's only a matter of time before my newest companion figures out I'm as incompetent as I am dashing."

A shot glass clanked on the bar before Reggie filled it with something cheap and strong. "Hair of the dog. Best I can offer ya. There ya go. Down the hatch. I feel for ya kid, but you gotta go. I'm almost runnin' on empty over here." Reggie stepped over to a charging station, the presence of which Amorru remained entirely ignorant. "Tell ya what. You're half the pilot you say ya are, maybe you can earn some cash in the races. Alright? Sober up, then talk to a guy named Dewey. Dewey Decimal. Then you come back tonight. And don't forget to tip. Now, scram before I crash."

"Dewey Decimal... That's fake. You made that up. That's the fakest name I ever heard. And I know something about fa- AAAH!" Reggie backed up into the power outlet with a resounding "sh-thunk" before his body became still as a statue and his eyes lit up with a feint, blue-green glow. Recoiling in shock, Amorru fell from the barstool he'd been propping up all night and crawled away before scrambling half-drunk to his feet. "Jesse!" he called out, not sure if his drinking partner was anymore. "Jesse! Robots! Robots, Jesse! We gotta go! Hello?"

"...Jessica?"
It's a mechanical bull at number one You'll take a ride from anyone
Everyone wants a ride, pulls away, Ooh, From you

Metric, "Black Sheep"

Sionnach

December 05, 2019, 11:36:49 PM #8 Last Edit: December 06, 2019, 01:29:02 AM by Axe
Quote"Ya gonna come in here and buy somethin', or are ya just gonna stand there lookin' like a jerk?" a voice bigger than the man's body gave him credit for called out toward Sean. "Come on! Ya keep standin' there, people are gonna think you're weird. Can't have a buncha weirdos hangin' around. It's bad for business."

The thief put down magic eight ball he'd been handling, just for something to do, and regarded the bluff shop keeper.

"Of course. We wouldn't want the appearance of impropriety would we?"
he replied, going as light on his New Albanian accent as possible, as he approached the cage and unfolded a piece of paper from the inside of his jacket pocket, "I'm on an errand for a associate. They asked me to inquire they might be able to find some of this merchandise here?" Sean spread the sheet out in front of the man. On it was listed a variety of high end thieving gear by their trade names so that only someone in the less savory aspects of law enforcement, or perhaps a cop, would know what they were. Of course since he was asking for "an associate" he could claim to have no idea what the items were himself and be, technically, in the clear.

"Such odd names. I do hope I can find them for them though,"

December 07, 2019, 05:40:52 AM #9 Last Edit: December 14, 2019, 04:07:09 PM by Alese “Alice” Westergaard
Alice nodded at the order and removed the unneeded menu.  She headed back behind the counter to fetch coffee, flashing Jed a warm smile on the way."The usual for you or something different today?" She called the order back to the kitchen and brought her newest patron coffee as well as a packet of silverware, neatly folded up in cloth napkin.

She returned to the counter and got Jed his tea. "How are you this morning? How are things at the dojo?" She leaned elbows on the counter, chin in her hands.  "I think I might like to sign up for some classes once things with the restaurant are a little more settled."

The friendliness was genuine, she really did seem to enjoy how she made her living now.  She moved to wash her hands and then delivered the over easy eggs and white toast.  "If you need anything else just let me know."

RUNE

Sebastian looked over the man as he set the 8-Ball to rest. When the stranger regarded him shortly before speaking in response, Sebastian feigned disinterest and shrugged.

Quote from: Sionnach on December 05, 2019, 11:36:49 PM
"Of course. We wouldn't want the appearance of impropriety would we? I'm on an errand for a associate. They asked me to inquire they might be able to find some of this merchandise here? Such odd names. I do hope I can find them for them though."

"Oh, yeah. Yeah, those are weird alright. Really, really weird." Sebastian shook his head. "Listen, you realize around here you need a license for half of this stuff, right? I can't just be sellin' this kinda thing to somebody I don't know. But hey. Maybe I can meet your associate there and we can all be friends. How does that sound? Okay! So you bring your associate back over here, and maybe I'll deal with them. Maybe!"

Sebastian beheld the would-be customer with a stern and serious stare. The stare become more and more intense until Sebastian seemed to be shaking before he burst out laughing. "Yeah, yeah. I can get you the goods. Hey, I'll even help you out with those licenses. But only if we're friends. And if you want to be my friend, that is a Friend of Little Sebastian, then I need you to do a favor for me. I'll give you a task, you don't ask me any stupid questions about it, and you perform your task well I might consider you a Friend. Well a Fellow. Actually you start out as an Acquaintance and work your way up to Associate first but that's for later. If you want all the items on your list, you'll take on the task. Otherwise I can maybe sell ya a couple books about advanced digital locksmith theory and the owner's manual for a localized security system. See how far you make it with those."

Jedikiah Rembo

December 09, 2019, 11:23:03 AM #11 Last Edit: December 14, 2019, 02:36:23 PM by Jedikiah Rembo
Alice's Restaurant
Alice headed back behind the counter to fetch coffee, flashing Jed a warm smile on the way."The usual for you or something different today?"

"Add a small plate of your freshest fruit please Miss," It commanded the most premium price, but Jed found it well worth the small extra coin.
She called the order back to the kitchen and brought her newest patron coffee as well as a packet of silverware, neatly folded up in cloth napkin.

She returned to the counter and got Jed his tea. "How are you this morning? How are things at the dojo?"

"Very well, very happy. The classes are starting to sort themselves out. It's difficult when new, finding the right course for each student."
Alice leaned elbows on the counter, chin in her hands.  "I think I might like to sign up for some classes once things with the restaurant are a little more settled."

"Of course. I think I've found a place for a good dietary regimen, I would be happy to help you find a meditative and physical one." said Jedikiah.

He found the restaurant and its proprietress quite relaxing. She was genuine friendly and seemed to find a personal joy in everything. Though they had not discussed a course of martial practice he felt Tai Chi would be ideal for her. The calm relaxed discipline would be a perfect balance for her hectic cooking and service bustling.

Sionnach

"Yeah, yeah. I can get you the goods. Hey, I'll even help you out with those licenses. But only if we're friends. And if you want to be my friend, that is a Friend of Little Sebastian, then I need you to do a favor for me. I'll give you a task, you don't ask me any stupid questions about it, and you perform your task well I might consider you a Friend. Well a Fellow. Actually you start out as an Acquaintance and work your way up to Associate first but that's for later. If you want all the items on your list, you'll take on the task. Otherwise I can maybe sell ya a couple books about advanced digital locksmith theory and the owner's manual for a localized security system. See how far you make it with those."
[/quote]

Sean saw little point in doing much BSing at this juncture though he kept his New Albanian facade in place. "Of course, 'Not having friends is like being a stranger in ones own land'." he quoted something a Muslim had told him once though he had no idea where it came from, "I'd be happy to undertake your tasks and earn some of this fellowship and good will." he gave a pregnant pause along with a cheery smile, "As those go along with earning the items I need of course,"

Devon McKinney

December 13, 2019, 09:16:24 PM #13 Last Edit: December 14, 2019, 04:08:46 PM by Devon McKinney
She'd been making her usual circuit around the station.  The stump, stump, stump sound of her combat boots marking her way.  The laces on the left boot were tied, but loose and flopping again.  It provided a soft counterpoint to the clumping stump of her footfalls.  After several times around she made a decision to stop in at one of the shops.  Lil Sebastian's Bail Bonds and Pawn Shop. She had something very specific she was looking for, something special for a certain special someone. She adjusted the wide-brimmed hat she had taken from Ajax, then stuffed her hands into the pockets of her trench coat.  She made her way up and down the aisles of the shop, careful not to touch anything or disturb any of the other customers.

December 13, 2019, 09:35:32 PM #14 Last Edit: December 14, 2019, 04:07:34 PM by Alese “Alice” Westergaard
She brought Jed his food, checked to make sure her other patron was doing okay on coffee and then moved behind the counter once more, pouring herself a cup of coffee.  She took a swig of the black coffee and then back to stand in front of Jed again.  Her smile for him was warm and friendly.  She enjoyed his company and conversation. "I'm glad you like the food here. It's nice seeing a familiar face every day."

Angela Evans

The stranger watched the two speaking at the counter, idly taking a sip of their coffee and inhaling the scent of the roasted beans with some level of appreciation. Despite the limited resources on a space station, the coffee wasn't terrible and they were pleasantly surprised, although their face did not betray that.

So the man, whose name they did not yet know, did have a dojo as she'd assumed, and the woman, who they had to assume was named Alice based on her name tag, was looking to take classes there which indicated that the dojo owner didn't only take young students. Perhaps his establishment could be rented out for practice or specific training sessions, which would be marginally better than using the station's crew gymnasium and their standard cookie cutter equipment.

The customer nodded their chin downward a little and pulled out a dedicated source box, flipping through the news and raising their brow at the mention of a pirate crew and the bounties placed on their heads. One Melissa Jane Etheridge and a 'dastardly' Olo Rashtivien Petrov. One corner of their lips quirked upward for a moment before they continued on through a list of interesting people, listening evermore to the conversation at the counter.

Jedikiah Rembo

Alice's Restaurant

Alice, "I'm glad you like the food here. It's nice seeing a familiar face every day."

"It's good to see a pleasant face any day." He was finished, being one to not linger over a meal taken alone. He ate little at any seating, for the most part, but he was feeling like a large meal later or the next day.

"Come by any time Alice, I'll set aside some time for you." He slid from the stool, his senses taking in the restaurant again, always a practiced open awareness and mindfulness of all things, and judgement on none.

His eyes casually passed over the others, always a flick in his mind to put a face away for later. Jed smiled pleasantly at anyone that met his slow gaze and headed out of the cafe.

Gwen Eiber

The young doctor was moving with a purpose.  She wasn't tall or long-legged, but she moved with quick, smart steps, practically stalking about the station looking for the pompous, pompadored pilot.  The last place she had seen him was at Valhalla, but he'd been rather unceremoniously cleared out of there.  That really left her with no idea where to start. So she decided to start at the beginning of where one would look for the lost or wayward -- station security.  She made her way to the office, hands folded neatly on the counter and waited patiently.  Surely someone there would be able to point her in the right direction.  There were cameras around the station after all and security personel. If this didn't work, well, she'd possibly see about enlisting Uncle Jed's help.  She'd promised she'd find him after all and a promise was a promise.
Pretty is as pretty does.

"Have a wonderful day Jedikiah." She bid him farewell as she cleared up the dishes and then cleaned the counter.  She washed her hands and made her rounds with the coffee pot once more.  She was friendly and chatty enough with those that wished to visit, but not overly so.  The customer flow was steady but not crazy.  Even with other staff took care of customers, Alice made a point to stop at each table or booth for just a moment.

A staff member from the med bay came in and placed an order to go and Alice got that sent back to the kitchen and started.  Business from the med bay was hot and cold, sometimes they had patients and sometimes not, but since she'd met Gwen and Jed at Valhalla the young doctor often ordered food for patients and staff alike.  In turn, the young doctor had treated a number of minor kitchen mishaps like burns and cuts.

Alice soon had things packed up and ready to go before returning her attention to Angela.  She watched the blond scanning the datapad and approached with the coffeepot again. "Is everything okay?  Can I get you anything else?" She wanted all her customers to feel comfortable and welcome and the warmth in her eyes and smile on her face were truly genuine in nature.

Jedikiah Rembo

Alice's Restaurant

Jedikiah replied to Alice, "And you as well Alice." He finished one last little morsel and headed out of the Diner. It was good to have some daily routine. It was nice to know where one's next good meal would come from. And it was wonderful to know that pleasant kind attentive nurturing people still lived and thrived in places that were rumored to be a dark corner of the verse.

Rembo Dojo

Jedikiah found a student at the Dojo when he returned. The young soldier was in a hurry to become a master of Kung Fu and while he studied and practiced with good intentions and results, it was difficult to teach patience. Jed took him through a few slower Tai Chi forms focused on breathing and discipline. The young lad tried to understand. He knew he needed to wait, to practice, to let time be his teacher more than Jedikiah. But it is was a hard thing for one that is young and eager to feed on the verse to learn.

The young lad went on to his duties.

A long slow practice form then for Rembo, movements slow. Flowing. His senses relaxed and alert, his mind clear and calm. His eyes closed and the verse flowed around him. And he through it.