Episode 2: Hub

Started by Gwen Eiber, October 17, 2019, 06:08:16 PM

Akhsar King

November 20, 2019, 01:51:04 PM #20 Last Edit: November 20, 2019, 02:21:07 PM by Lomari

Charity smiled at him. "Likely not the most eventful wedding you've ever been to, I'd wager," King chuckled. "Nah, pretty normal actually." They sat there for a moment, enjoying the mirth, but then the mood sobered. "Is everyone else on this station as well?" She glanced down at his shoulder and winced. "Hey, dont worry about me. I've been shot before. No big deal." He paused, taking mental stock of their crew... former crew? Were they still a crew without a ship?

"No idea about Artemis. Grace is here, but after she got off the shuttle I kinda got the feeling she wont be staying long. That Mercer guy didn't stick around either. Seans around somewhere. Octavia made it, though who knows if she's hanging around. Ru, if I had to guess, is currently consuming as much alcohol as he can at one of the bars... He kinda blames himself for everything that happened. Or at least that's the impression I got."

King paused and reached up to scratch the back of his head with his good hand. "Hey, uh. Sorry about getting you shot. That's my fault. I should have been paying more attention to you. Kind of a tzao gao bodyguard, eh?" He said, grimacing.
Dialogue Color: Olivedrab

Charity

Her lids fluttered shut as she listened to him list the whereabouts and conditions of their wayward crew, chin tilting downward every so often. "Well, it was a little bit his fault," she confirmed, opening her eyes and grinning up at him again, clearly not very serious about her observation. Still, she had no intention to say that aloud around anyone else. If she was honest with herself, she wasn't sure whose fault it really was. A bizarre butler had swept into their lives, ordered them about (orders she had not followed, mind you), and then followed them into the shuttle bay. He must have been the 'Mercer guy' King was talking about. If she had to blame anyone, she was going to blame the stranger. And probably herself, she had to admit. She wasn't prepared for high-stakes situations like that and had only been a burden on the mission.

An elegant, but starkly pale hand extended to settle on King's upper arm as he apologized, fingertips chill. The blood was slowly returning to her body, but she was still running on empty, as it were. For the first time since he'd known her, her hand was devoid of all the glimmering rings and bracelets that made her characteristic subtle jingling sound and made her hand seem all the daintier and almost frail (in her current state, at least). Her perfectly manicured brows furrowed in the center.

"King, it's not your fault. I shouldn't be so easy to shoot," she told him firmly, wincing from the pain in her arm caused by her movement. Charity laid back down and sighed, hands settling over the blankets above her navel. "What are we going to do now? No Jax, half the crew has wandered off, and Amy is likely drowning in self-pity... would you be able to check on him for me?" she asked, raising her brows, "I don't imagine I'll be leaving this bed for a day or so. Unless you'd like to sneak me out?" Charity smiled a little, hopeful mischief in her velvet gaze.
Dialogue Color: AntiqueWhite