Alese "Alice" Westergaard - Owner of Alice's Restaurant

Started by Buttongirl, October 20, 2019, 12:23:42 PM

Buttongirl

Alese "Alice" Westergaard

Primary Occupation:  Restaurant owner/cook
Secondary Occupation (optional): 
Equipment:  She has sunk everything she owns into her business, turning the attic area above into her home.  The only thing she has from back home is a heavy quilt from her marriage bed. 

Appearance:  Just below average height, curvy build with a body just built for sin.  This isn't a woman who attracts attention so much as demands it.  Long dark hair, bright laughing eyes that crinkle at the corners just so. Delicate cheekbones, fine narrow nose. Long thin fingers and soft hands, despite her years working in the kitchen.
Faceclaim:  Bjork

Initial Personality:  Friendly and welcoming, never met a stranger
Underlying Personality:  Pretty much what you see is what you get with her, she is a warm and friendly person, unless you cross her, then heaven help you.

Known History:  Born on St Albans in 2485 she was the oldest of 4 children.  Her father took what work he could find and her mother stayed at home with children, took in laundry to make extra money and did some mending. She married young just before the war broke out and her husband left her with a wee one on the way when he went off to fight the Alliance.  She lost the baby shortly after he was born to a fever that winter and she took it particularly hard. Shortly thereafter they brought her husband home to bury and she thought she might die too.  She didn't though but she decided she couldn't stand to live in their home anymore. The family wanted to marry her off to her late husband's brother and she snapped.  She took passage on the first ship out and worked as a cook on several different ships for the next couple years.  She finally got tired of traveling and decided to open a little restaurant as most spacers seem to appreciate a home cooked meal.
Other History:  She is a very fierce and passionate woman.  She has been in mourning since her child and husband's death.  She blames the Alliance for both, the child for not having proper medical supplies and the husband because of the war. She left the last ship she was on because of an altercation between herself and another crew member who didn't want to take no for an answer, she hit him with a skillet and got off at the next stop, which was Iscariot.

Skills and Strengths:  She is a great cook and wonderful with children.  She can pinch a penny til it squeaks and is a shrewd negotiator.
Weaknesses:  She isn't great with technology and and short of a frying pan or carving knife doesn't have any real combat training.

CHARACTERS
Gwen ~ Devon McKinney ~ Mylena

RUNE

I know that I hung on a windy tree nine long nights, wounded with a spear, dedicated to Odin, myself to myself, on that tree of which no man knows from where its roots run.
No bread did they give me nor a drink from a horn, downwards I peered; I took up the runes, screaming I took them, then I fell back from there.
The songs I know that king's wives know not Nor men that are sons of men.
So do I write and color the runes.