The Breenes

Started by HumanHyperbole, May 09, 2020, 09:00:08 PM

HumanHyperbole

May 09, 2020, 09:00:08 PM Last Edit: September 28, 2021, 08:29:08 AM by HumanHyperbole
I'm at it again! I can't help but make little family outlines for each character, so here's my outline for this gaggle of rowdy Celts. There are at least one or two more kids in the family I haven't thought up yet so if you think of another, I'd like to hear your pitch!

Clan Name: The Breenes
Ethnic Background: Irish / Celtic
Homeland: New Dublin - Ariel

Clan history:
The Breenes are among many clans of Irish and Celtic families that settled the city of New Dublin when the generation ships arrived in the core worlds. While most families have integrated to the point of considering themselves citizens of the Alliance, the Breenes generally consider themselves "citizens of the Irish Republic in absentia". While there's no actual government for this Republic in THIS stellar cluster they've been in absentia for a long time. William Breene (Sr) and Tessa Breene founded Celtic Republic Shipping when they were both in their twenties. The young couple didn't wait long to start filling out the family in traditional Irish Catholic style. They were all raised on the family fleet's flagship (and after the war, only ship) The Bobby Sands. Dad was a lifelong spacer from a family of spacers and Mom was a retired child-actor. Following a strange family tradition, all the boys are named William, and all the girls are named Sloane, regardless of how many of either gender there are.

The Breene Siblings

Willy

Taken - HumanHyperbole
First born and usually the most trouble, Willy rebelled against Dad's mandate not to take up arms in the Unification war, but a little late. He fell in with a group of partisan fighters after the war was already over. He couldn't look after his siblings as much after he got locked up and that's when the siblings scattered off in their respective directions. He tried going straight and narrow... but a life outside the law has been hard for him to avoid.

Will

Open
Fraternal twin to Billy, he is the yin to his yang. Measured, calculated, calm, he took the safest career choice of the Breene kids. And also the most surprising for a Breene. Sure it wasn't considered class betrayal to be a cop. But an Alliance Fed? Nobody barely said a word to him at the next St Patrick's. But whatever got him unceremoniously discharged into "early retirement" is a secret he's not keen on sharing with anyone in the family yet.

Billy

Taken - noseatbelts
Fraternal twin to Will, he is the fire to his ice. Impulsive, ambitious, absent minded, Billy always wanted to be a legendary outlaw. When his older brother went and became at least semi-notorious, he couldn't help but feel emboldened to try and outdo him. Problem is its kinda hard to become famous when the goal is not to get caught too. He'll figure that part out eventually after he becomes a better outlaw.

Sloane

STAFF NPC
Youngest child of the family, she was the most overprotected. But her brothers couldn't help but rub off on her more than a little. Tougher than she looks, and twice as smart she's certainly the brains of the bunch. She's also the most successful businessperson too, having founded her own detective agency fresh out of school.

Willem

Open
Second eldest, he is something of a middle child. Not quite as much of a crook as Billy or Willy, but would rather cut off his foot than be a copper. He runs the middle ground as something of an occasionally legitimate business man, sometimes grifter type. He's the man aristocrats call when they need criminals they'll never meet to do their dirty work.