Episode 4: Sectors/Shops

Started by Lomari, February 10, 2020, 09:47:43 AM

Lomari

April 27, 2020, 11:15:14 AM #60 Last Edit: April 27, 2020, 11:18:46 AM by Lomari

Not an hour after the two men had their talk about the feelings and honor of one Station nurse, a band of what could only have been described as 'thugs' waltzed down the thoroughfare and paused in front of the shop, looking it over with vague disinterest. In the middle of their ranks, a tall man with perfectly coiffed blonde hair set his hands on his hips, the sleeves of his tailored suit lifting higher than they probably should have making it clear that the outfit had been tailored for someone shorter than he was. Perhaps this gentleman made a habit of taking things that belonged to other people. "This'll do. Great location. Diner there, pathway to docks not far off...Tell 'Seb that I'm pleased. After all, with what I just paid for it, I should be pleased, shouldn't I?" he said to one of the thugs, who rolled his eyes and shook his head. He very clearly did not care what the fancy idiot thought. He was just here, like his comrades, to carry out the sudden eviction.

Ten minutes later, the blonde walked with Jed out of the establishment, a hand on the older man's lower back as he smiled charmingly, the thugs putting his things out on the walkway. "Don't worry, Grandpa. We'll have your things put into storage so you can find a better place later on. I'm not unreasonable. And hey, once I open my shop, I'll send you a personalized invitation to come shop here, maybe even offer you a discount. Thanks for keeping the place warm for me, off you go!" he said with a smile and a wink, gently pushing Jed away from the building.

As this was happening, Gwen and Emit approached the evicted dojo owner, concern on their faces as the doctor tugged hard at her braid and chewed on her lower lip. Clearly, she had something important to say to her 'Uncle.'

The night wound down, the race concluded and the winners properly celebrated across several bars, eateries, and private quarters. Another cycle on Iscariot Station had concluded and the new day dawned with all the hope and excitement of any other day out on the edge. Uncertainty was the bedfellow of every resident of the station, but with that came some magic, as no one could predict what the next day would bring.
CHARACTERS
Charity ~ Melody ~ Tabitha

NARRATION
Darling ~ Iscariot