WUSHU RESURRECTION

Started by Rolemancer, February 21, 2018, 07:14:00 PM

Charity

June 06, 2018, 07:20:56 PM #180 Last Edit: June 11, 2018, 10:52:41 AM by Charity
"We have some wine, and we have moon shine! Who's up for a drink?" Abigail asked.

Charity's brows rose at the mention of wine, then furrowed when moon shine was brought up in the same breath. She'd heard about that, but had never had the chance (or the misfortune) of trying it for herself. It did sound lovely though. Moon shine. Very poetic. "Would I like it?" she asked, tilting her head curiously and pulling a chair out. She ran her hand over the back of her skirts and sat down, smoothing them out once she'd settled. 

"I think I have something a little more to your taste, Charity. It may require chilling though," Artemis remarked before leaving the galley.

A pleased, and slightly relieved, smile played across the aristocrat's painted lips. If something was required to be chilled, there was a much higher chance that it'd suit her sensibilities. At least, more so than something they found under a cabinet. But she felt like she might like to try the 'moon shine' while she waited. An impulse caused by the massive shot she'd taken earlier. It was already affecting her very finely crafted inhibitions. "I think it wouldn't hurt to try some of the moon shine, while we wait. It sounds lovely," she told Abigail, pushing her empty glass forward. Moon. Shine. Surely it had to be something sweet?

"A spot of Moonshine to freshen this coffee sounds like a plan if you don't mind Mrs. Abigail," Emit requested politely.

Glad to see the sheriff come out from the shadows, she offered him a warm smile and patted the empty seat beside her, inviting him to sit with her. "Why don't you enjoy your coffee with us, Sheriff Culpepper," Charity offered, glad to have the law on board with them. It ensured at least some semblance of civility out where she wagered there would be little.

---

"Am I interrupting? Because I kind of have a favour to ask...for Charity," Artemis asked.

Having had her back to the door, Grace yelped in surprise and spun around to see who'd invaded her safe space. She looked over the other woman to very quickly scan for any wounds before she sighed in relief, finding none. "A favour?" she asked curiously, fiddling with a wet rag she'd been wiping the operating station down with.
Dialogue Color: AntiqueWhite

Abigail Archer

Quote"A spot of Moonshine to freshen this coffee sounds like a plan if you don't mind Mrs. Abigail,"
Abigail rose an eyebrow in the sheriff's direction. She couldn't decide if she liked or hated the sound of the title.  She cleared her throat and reached for the moonshine, "You can just call me Abigail." She gave Emit a polite smile and poured him a bit of the moonshine.

Quote"I think it wouldn't hurt to try some of the moon shine, while we wait. It sounds lovely,"
"Lovely isn't quite the word I'd use, but it takes the edge off." Abigail poured Charity a small amount of the liquor and then herself. 

She picked up the glass and raised it to her fellow shipmates,  "To good luck? Seems we'll need it being stuck on this station." Abigail took a sip of the clear liquid, it burned, a lot.  She coughed slightly and smiled, her eyes watering.  "Well that'll do."

Emit Culpepper

Emit stirred in another spoon of sugar before taking a sip from his mug "We truly need to look at getting some better coffee on our next stop. Hard to travel in the Black without a good cup of Joe. I do thank you ladies for your hospitality. "

Taking another sip from his mug "Also ladies please call me Emit. It's been some spell since I wore a badge. I'm just another soul out here amongst the stars trying to find my way. "

With that he gave a tip his hat and proceeded towards the exit.

Artemis Graham

A yelp and a case of the deer in the headlights eyes? Apparently Art was move sneaky than she thought. She'd even knocked to announce her presence. The corners of her mouth tilted down slightly. She'd learnt through her wealth of experience that a ship's doctor had to be steely and steady handed to put up with the cases that came her way. Was Grace cracking already?

Then again after Abigail and Jax's display at the station and the revelation her ex was steering the ship she would have been jumpy too. Art decided to cut her some slack. It also made her feel a little less cowardly about asking for the ice.

"Sorry to sneak up on you. I was wondering if you had anything that would cool things down...quickly. I'd settle for ice but I figured you may have something more efficient in here." Art cast her eyes around, impressed with how orderly the Med Bay was already looking. Much like Art with the Engine Room this was clearly Grace's happy place.

"And in a way it's kind of medicinal in purpose. Charity has had quite a day. I was hoping a drink of something that doesn't have the word 'rot gut' in its description might ease her mind a little. And you're obviously welcome to some yourself; although if memory serves you're not much of a drinker." Art forced a smile although it came out kind of awkward. She really wasn't her best in these kinds of situations. And she hated asking for favours.

Charity

With a soft little sigh, Charity smiled warmly up at the Sheriff, at Emit, a little sad that he didn't want to join them at the table. Perhaps they'd be able to get to know him some other time, they were all stuck aboard the same ship together now. Still, his hat tip tickled the aristocrat and she couldn't help by beam after him, her hands settling on her lap. Once he was gone, Charity turned her attention back to her new companion and the glass she'd poured for her.

"Thank you," she murmured politely. Unluckily for Charity, she took a hearty sip of her own drink before she'd seen Abigail's reaction to it. If she had, perhaps she'd have slowed down and been a bit more dainty in partaking in this particular cup of poison. But the alcohol she'd already knocked back made her bold.

"To good luck," she agreed with a soft smile. The moment the alcohol passed her lips and slid down her throat, she stiffened and a gentle paint noise slipped past her painted lips. She set the glass down and put both hands over her mouth, coughing and wiggling her shoulders from side to side as the liquid fire scorched its way down her throat and into her belly. When it was finally down, Charity yanked her fan free of her pocket again and set to fanning herself quickly, dabbing at her watering eyes with the back of her index finger's knuckle. Her brows furrowed in pain and she stared up at Abigail.

"You're clearly an Amazon," she told the blonde amid coughs and little hums of discomfort. Already her cheeks were a bright pink and her body felt hot. And why was Abigail so blurry?

——

"Something to cool things?" Grace asked somewhat curiously. And this was for Charity? She could only imagine the mischief that woman had gotten into since they'd been back on the ship. The doctor turned her head to scan the medbay, going through her inner catalogue of the place. There were a few options here, dry ice, the kind they had on board was typically used to freeze warts and the like off before lancing, thermal pads, liquid nitrogen and some freeze spray. Most of them came in small quantities but she reckoned they had enough dry ice in here to cool a bottle of something to drink, at least. Of course, if they used it for that, then she'd have to submit a resupply order...

Grace looked pained. But it was for Charity and Grace figured the sparkling woman would figure out some way to get to the dry ice at some point. Maybe she'd pay for some more herself? Shaking her head a little, the doctor turned and moved to the cabinet containing the well secured and insulated dry ice. Pointing at it, she gestured for Artemis to come get it, rummaging around in a drawer for the gloves required to handle it and holding them out to the woman.

Abigail Archer

Quote"You're clearly an Amazon,"

Abigail smirked, "You would be the first to say that." She eyed the coughing debutante,wondering how she ended up on this boat.  "I suppose we're getting off on the right foot this second time around Miss Charity." Abigail poured herself another drink, taking a slower sip this time around.

"What's your story any how, how'd you end up out here?"

Artemis Graham

Art watched as Grace dithered, trying to decide if she was worthy of the favour. She was pleasantly surprised to hear that Grace was not only going to help her but apparently Art warranted the big guns: Dry Ice. It may have been a little excessive but Art was, at heart, a scientist and she couldn't suppress the glee in her eyes. Sure, if she wasn't careful she'd end up blowing the bottle up but Art was nothing if not careful. Especially when expensive wine and science was involved.

That said, she wasn't keen on trying to transport the ice to the engine room. Especially when they could be taking off (rapidly) at any minute. "Perhaps if it's best if I come to you," she said, eyeing the gloves with an odd mix of apprehension and excitement. "Any favour I can do for you in return?" she asked, feeling uncharacteristically charitable after Grace's act of kindness. Charity would be so proud.

Amorru Reyes

June 12, 2018, 05:01:08 PM #187 Last Edit: June 12, 2018, 05:04:12 PM by Amorru Reyes
Though uncharacteristicly impressed by Jolene's prowess at first, Amorru now huffed in agitation with her current incompetence. He spun in his chair to look at Jax, mistaking the look on the Captain's face as a silent plea for thoughtful advice. "Well, like. How much of your ship are you willing to detonate, mate?" Amorru asked, deadly serious. "I just assume Art and Abigail possess some experience with riggin' bits to explode, and if you think about it, I really only need like... forty-five percent of the boat to fly. I mean you probably fancy the idea of a cargo hold, but between you, me, and the cortex diver, I just adore the idea of sailin' in the general direction of away from this gǒushǐ duī sky station. Uh. Cap'n."

Amorru turned away from the captain with a smirk, a flashing red alert appearing on one of the control center's monitors. "Scratch that Cap'n. Looks like we're in for a spot of bother. Got a visitor attempting to bypass the airlock controls. Might do our bow-legged constable and that angry bird of yours some good to know what's comin'. Me, Oh, I'll be right here. No good to the lot of us, a pilot away from the controls." Amorru paused long enough to look between Jax and Jo. "After all Cap'n, someone's got to be prepared for a daring escape." The pompous pilot turned back to his monitors, leaving his crewmates with an ambiguous wink.
It's a mechanical bull at number one You'll take a ride from anyone
Everyone wants a ride, pulls away, Ooh, From you

Metric, "Black Sheep"

Jax

June 12, 2018, 08:17:58 PM #188 Last Edit: June 13, 2018, 03:17:26 AM by Jax
After Braylocke announced she lost the signal Jax went deep into thought running through all possible outcomes. Reyes' began speaking but Wushu's Captain didn't hear a word until..."Got a visitor attempting to bypass the airlock controls." Jax turned back toward the console and activated the cargo ramp camera to see a dozen or so heavily armed men dressed in black, clearly not Skyplex security. Then a face flashed on the monitor close up as she smiled and waved. "Open this damn thing up already so I don't have to damage my ship!" Jax returned the smile.."Be right there luv." He looked to Jo and then Reyes. "Keep trying to reconnect and you keep the engines ready to fire up, I'll be right back." Jax ran off for the cargo hold with a quick stop at the galley....peeking in."Guns up Archer! If this bitch kills me take them all out!"

At the cargo door airlock Jax could see her through the thick polycarbonate port lights. Damn she still looked good he thought before hitting the open button. As the door slowly groaned open Jax secured his autoloader in his waistband behind his back. After all this time and all the places inbetween, this is where it seemed he was to receive his Comeupins. My chickens have come home to roost. He muttered to himself. Jax stepped out to the end of the airlock as she ascended the ramp both to meet face to face after three long years. "Anja Moda, long time no see aye?" Jax retorted trying to lighten the mood. "I see you found my ship, thank you." "You're ship? Possession is nine tenths of the law." At that the group of guards all raised and made ready their weapons. "Well I change that right quick if you'd like?"

Jax kept silent as Anja stepped up close..."Let me make this simple for you, this ship belongs to the Moda Tong. We have agreed to let you use it but at a cost. That cost is pulling a job for us now and then." Jax smiled...."I'm listening, go on." Anja pulled a large manila envelope from a bag slung over her shoulder. "Here in contains all the intel you require for this specific assignment. Even includes some coin for operating costs and spells out final payment when complete and where to retrieve it."Jax accepted the package and opened the flap taking a quick peek inside. "Okay, so how often will you require our services?" Anja laughed..."Don't worry when we need you we'll find you and inbetween you can do whatever." Then surprisingly she wrapped her arms around him giving him a gentle hug. "I do miss your crazy antics...." She lowered her hand and felt the pistol."Glad you didn't shoot me."

She broke away and turned to leave then paused and looked back. "Oh one more little detail." She waved over another man not dressed as the others. "This here is Mister Finnegan, he'll be my Agent onboard to see the job is done and report any short comings on your part.....have a nice trip Captain Xavier you are free to go." Jax looked at the envelope then to the stranger that was joining his ship and lastly to Anja walking away. "It wasn't my fault Anja, you know....Yan, I tried to save him, but it was a mutiny." He wasn't sure if his half-hearted apology fell on deaf years or not. He surmised since he was still breathing she must have forgiven him at some point. Jax turned to Sean and reached out a hand. "Well... welcome aboard Mister Finnegan, hope you know what you just got yourself into."

Charity

June 12, 2018, 09:15:49 PM #189 Last Edit: June 12, 2018, 09:39:55 PM by Charity
Charity's mood was much improved after these two drinks. In fact, she was feeling downright joyous. She'd made a new friend, she had a project to work on while they flew wherever they planned on flying, and Artemis was out fetching something more pleasant to drink. What a good day it had been.

"What's your story any how, how'd you end up out here?" Abigail asked.

The debutante lifted the glass to her lips to take another careful sip, although the question made her choke on it all the more than she was already going to. Setting the cup down, Charity covered her face with her fan and curled her toes inside her boots. Choking on the moon shine had forced it into a tube that wasn't ready to handle that fire and she felt like it was burning a hole behind her nose. A part of her wondered if it was going to end up in her brain somehow!

After a few moments of coughing and composing herself, the aristocrat lowered her fan and stared at the XO, contemplating telling her everything. She was so close to doing so that her lips parted, the words slowly forming on her tongue.

"Guns up Archer! If this bitch kills me take them all out!"

There was a god, and his name was Jax. Saving her from having to spill her life story at the urging of Abigail and Mr. Moonshine, their Captain poked his head in, blathered on something worryingly cryptic, and then disappeared again. Charity stood slowly, wobbling a little and holding her fan in one hand and the glass in the other. "What foul language," she said aloud, looking toward Abigail apologetically, as though it were somehow Charity's fault that the Captain was running around cursing at people. "I think he wants you to shoot someone," she told her companion, bringing the edge of the fan to her lips in thought, "I wonder if it's Reyes," she murmured.

Either way, she was curious. And a little drunk. With another smile shot in Abigail's direction, the fancy woman awkwardly picked up Amorru's jacket, hung it over the crook of her arm while still holding her glass and the fan, walked out of the galley and made her way back to the bridge, thinking that's where Jax had gone. To shoot Reyes, of course. She slipped through the doorway and eyed Jo and Amorru in turn, one brow raised. They didn't look shot. And the Captain wasn't here. Oh darn.

---

"Any favour I can do for you in return?" Artemis asked.

Grace gestured toward the ceiling above the operating chair, "Maybe you could install some more lights up there?" she offered, raising her brows and holding the gloves against her chest.

Abigail Archer

Quote"Guns up Archer! If this bitch kills me take them all out!"

Jax had interrupted their little soiree before Charity had a chance to respond. His voice sounded, panicked, or alarmed. Thankfully she always kept her guns on her. 
Quote"What foul language," she said aloud, looking toward Abigail apologetically, as though it were somehow Charity's fault that the Captain was running around cursing at people. "I think he wants you to shoot someone," she told her companion, bringing the edge of the fan to her lips in thought, "I wonder if it's Reyes," she murmured.
She grinned at the offended and slightly drunk passenger and shook her head.  "Not today, I think." Abigail jumped up to chase after Jax, her weapon in hand. The ramp was opening as she entered the cargo bay.  An attractive woman and what appeared to be her posse walked up to meet Jax.  They were exchanging pleasantries as she walked up.

QuoteI see you found my ship, thank you." "You're ship? Possession is nine tenths of the law." At that the group of guards all raised and made ready their weapons. "Well I change that right quick if you'd like?"

Her hand reached for her gun, but there were too many, it would be irresponsible and stupid at this point to raise her weapon as well. It'd most likely end up with both her and Jax dead, and their ship gone.

She listened quietly to the woman's proposal, she had a set of balls on her that was for sure.  Abigail's back teeth clenched as she watched the stranger get in a very uncomfortable distance to Jax.  He had a past, it wasn't his fault.  She let out a breath and watched them leave.  Her hand dropped from her gun,

"Seems like you didn't need me after all."  She eyed him and looked over at the new comer, he was tall, pale.  Clearing her throat to sweep the tension under the proverbial rug, " I think we have a drunk Charity roaming around by the way...I seemed to have underestimated her tolerance...."

Artemis Graham

June 13, 2018, 06:59:40 AM #191 Last Edit: June 14, 2018, 12:24:41 AM by Artemis Graham
Extra lights? Art tried not to be offended but it was difficult. She was a master of her craft. She could make a scud missile out of thumbtack and sheer ingenuity. Asking her to add a couple of lousy lights would be like asking the doctor to apply a band-aid for her. Still, she'd offered a favour. "I'll see what I can do," Art said but was saved from making a further commitment but the Captain's announcement that someone was being shot. A moment later a shock of blonde hair flashed past followed by the Captain.

"Ruh roh," she said to herself. "Excuse me for a second," she said to Grace, momentarily distracted from her mission of getting a drink. But she popped her head back in the doorway to add, "if Charity comes asking, there's a bottle in the engine room with her name on it." Art had already removed one from the crate, planning to cool it down and pop it in an act of celebration once they'd made it off Greenleaf. If Charity couldn't wait for Art's return she could cool it using Grace's ice and get started on her own.

Instead of heading toward the cargo bay, where the commotion appeared to be going on, Art detoured to the bridge. When someone was getting shot she preferred to be elsewhere. But she was still eager to know what was going on. And didn't most bridges have cameras for just such spying purposes? Art emerged to find Reyes looking slightly flustered but pretending to be nonchalant. Jo was looking disappointed. She was also surprised the woman herself, Miss Chairty, already arrived. "Any of you know who apparently needs shooting in the cargo bay?" she asked as an opener, "and is anyone else starting to feel like we're doomed to be trapped on this hunk of junk space station forever?"

Jolene Blaylocke

Quote from: Jax on June 12, 2018, 08:17:58 PM
"Keep trying to reconnect and you keep the engines ready to fire up, I'll be right back."

Jo blinked and the captain was gone. Instead, she squinted at empty space wondering if perhaps she'd been misunderstood. Unless the connection were re-established at the point where it had been broken, there wasn't much she could do. At least not from her current position on board. Given the time, she could probably have bypassed the disconnect, but it was a solid bet that they didn't have the kind of time she needed for that. Throwing her hands up in mild irritation, she started to sit back down. Spotting Miss Charity entering the bridge, Jo offered a smile just as she disappeared behind the comm station.

"If you're looking for the captain, Miss Charity, I think he's down in the cargo hold..." Jo's fingers worked to pull up the internal cameras on board Wushu to check out what might be going on down there. "Apparently we had um... a guest... knocking..."

'Guest indeed!' she thought to herself watching as the woman who clearly knew the captain seemed to do most of the talking. Quickly, Jo captured a still. If this was the reason they were land locked, it couldn't hurt to do a little digging for some info later. While the feed from the cargo hold continued to run, Jo tried again to pull up a solid connection to the station.

{No available hard line connection}

Her frustration came out as vocal growl. Whoever this was and whoever her friends were, they were likely the source of the disconnect. And they knew what they were doing. For now, all Jo could do was keep checking for the connection and peek around the comm station at Charity and wait.

Emit Culpepper

Quote"Guns up Archer! If this bitch kills me take them all out!"
Emit was strolling through the halls enjoying  his coffee when Jax came running by. Calmly sitting his cup down he took double strides to catch up towards the Airlock.

"Right on your heels Capt. you've my word no one will get past this door as long as I've got air in  lungs."

With a short draw and double spin both  his hands were full ready to dance the dance.

"Come get some!"

Amorru Reyes

Abysmally bored with the arriving squad upon deducing that not a single Duschane retainer walked among them, Amorru quickly took to rearranging his belongings laid out along the top of the console. He stacked his rings, flipped his favorite stiletto, and used one of two weighted balls bound by a length of flashy orange and peach fabric to recreate a wrecking ball smashing a skyscraper as it toppled the carefully stacked jewelry.

Quote from: Jolene Blaylocke on June 13, 2018, 12:50:54 PM
"If you're looking for the captain, Miss Charity, I think he's down in..."

Amorru swiveled the chair around, curious what spurned Charity to defy Xavier's orders. Taking her unsteady posture, the drink in her hand, and the rosier than usual cheeks Amorru stifled his laughter with a pained expression. "Shock me, shock me... Mi - ah, my dearest Charity. You smell oh so faintly of straight turpentine... Oh, bollocks. You're right snackered, aren't you?"

Quote from: Artemis Graham on June 13, 2018, 06:59:40 AM"Either of you know who apparently needs shooting in the cargo bay?" she asked as an opener, "and is anyone else starting to feel like we're doomed to be trapped on this hunk of junk space station forever?"

"Well, love, if that's our luck then I for one am glad to be stranded with good company for a change." Amorru offered an exaggerated wink to the mechanic who seemed like so much more, then winced as his jaw clicked. "Far as who needs shot, I vote we start with Emit. I don't recognize a single face in the whole sorry lot of 'em. Fancy a look?" Amorru motioned toward the monitor, where the aforementioned gunslinger twirled his pistols in a manner even the part-time buckler of swash loathed to admit made quite an impression.
It's a mechanical bull at number one You'll take a ride from anyone
Everyone wants a ride, pulls away, Ooh, From you

Metric, "Black Sheep"

Artemis Graham

Fancy a look? Art was disheartened to head that apparently her motives were more obvious than she thought. Still, no one up there had made the climb to the bridge for the view, although she had to admit it wasn't a bad one. Especially with a snockered Charity joining the scene. Leaning over Reyes for a better look Art tried to make out the retreating female figure without much luck. "Damn," she muttered, "too slow."

To add a burst of melodrama to an already dramatic situation Emit had joined the Captain and was showing off his gunslinger skills. Art found this oddly reassuring. The man seemed nice enough but she hadn't had a lot of faith that he'd have her back in a firefight. Seeing the show impressed upon her that he at least he had some chops. With that in mind, Art was of the school of thought that gun tricks required precious seconds that could be used for better things. Like shooting your enemies in the face. It may have been cold blooded of her but to Art shooting was all about efficiency.

"At least they appear to be leaving," she noticed, "Or at least most of them are..." Her voice trailed off as she stared down at the man who appeared to be staying behind. Her eyes narrowed slightly. "This doesn't bode well."

Charity

June 14, 2018, 12:48:09 AM #196 Last Edit: June 14, 2018, 12:49:48 AM by Charity
"If you're looking for the captain, Miss Charity, I think he's down in the cargo hold..." Jo informed her.

The woman shook her head, thought about it, and nodded instead. She had been looking for the Captain, but only because she thought he was shooting Reyes. With the pilot looking very devoid of bullet holes and the Captain elsewhere, she figured she was safer on the bridge. Even drunk Charity knew she didn't want to be anywhere near guns. They were unpredictable and dirty.

"Shock me, shock me... Mi - ah, my dearest Charity. You smell oh so faintly of straight turpentine... Oh, bollocks. You're right snackered, aren't you?" Amorru observed...

Her cheeks deepened in color and she looked down at his coat hanging in the crook of her arm before she began to fan herself vigorously, curls waving in the breeze she made for herself. "I am most assuredly not..." Charity paused, staring at Reyes and trying to remember what he said. The thought slipped her mind and she held the drink out to him, froze, then yanked it back, spilling a couple drops of it onto the floor. "You can't have any, you're driving," she informed him with a slight lifting of her chin and suspicious frown.

Her attention slid toward Artemis as she neared the pilot and the screen and her smile widened, "But you can!" she informed the mechanic. Moving closer, she used her fan to press against the back of Art's hand, lifting it up enough for her to press her glass into the blonde's grasp, freeing herself from the cup of poison.

Once her hand was free, Charity grinned and joined them in looking the scene in the cargo hold over, pretending he'd been offering her a look at the monitors as well. She leaned in and had to set a hand on the edge of the console to keep from wobbling, mouth puckered in surprise before a gentle giggle slipped past her painted lips. "Oh, my. Do you think they were a couple?" she asked, pointing at the strange woman and Jax on the screen. "They do look quite..." Charity tried to think of the right word, looking at the pilot, Art, and then Jo for assistance, "Intimate?" she tried, guessing from the woman's back and the look on Jax' face. Charity paused, squinting hard in Jo's direction. "What size dress do you wear?" she asked abruptly.

Jolene Blaylocke

Jo sat behind the console, almost completely disappearing from view as the trio watched the unfolding events in the cargo hold. There was, however, an amused smile that played across her face whenever Charity spoke. She really hadn't been gone all that long and somehow was already sounding like she'd been at some sort of bottle for a while.

Quote from: Charity on June 14, 2018, 12:48:09 AM
"You can't have any, you're driving,"

A giggle erupted from behind the console at the image in Jo's mind of Miss Charity all but scolding the pilot. While she agreed that he probably didn't need to be trying to make a quick get away under the influence of the bottle, she was also pretty certain Charity had had more than enough. Shifting her position a little, Jo scrolled back the footage her machine had captured and started looking it over again. At least she was going to have something to keep her busy during the upcoming trip. 'Assuming we actually get to leave.' Her eyes looked at the attempt to reconnect to the station with irritation.

Quote from: Artemis Graham on June 14, 2018, 12:40:54 AM
"At least they appear to be leaving, or at least most of them are... This doesn't bode well."

Jo couldn't really disagree with Art on that, but she was entirely too focused to really answer. Her fingers were still working. Instead of trying the hard line connection, Jo was trying to slip in via a wireless one. Those were always just a little more challenging. She was also glancing at a new screen capture of the man left behind by the group. Something about him looked just familiar enough to bother her. 'Feels like I've seen that face somewhere before.'

Quote from: Charity on June 14, 2018, 12:48:09 AM
"What size dress do you wear?"

Not entirely failing to hear the question, Jo initially failed to realize it was directed at her. Right up until she sensed she was being stared at. Her brow furrowed as she looked up, clearly not understanding how the jump from the scene in the cargo hold to dress size had even happened. "Oh! You're asking me?" Her head shook, a smile returning to her lips as she moved to hide behind the console entirely. "I have a couple of those things already, but I don't wear them. No real reason to and they get in the way when I need to do some climbing." Silence dropped down as Jo tried to refocus, but she felt she still ought to give some answer to Charity. She had sworn at the poor woman back at the bar after all.

"But, to answer your question: Tiny."

Jax

June 19, 2018, 03:01:21 PM #198 Last Edit: June 19, 2018, 04:49:35 PM by Jax
Jax watched his new ex-love interest and new 'Boss' walk away and then her troops after her and exiting Wushu's docking bay.

Quote from: Abigail"Seems like you didn't need me after all." She eyed him and looked over at the new comer, he was tall, pale.  Clearing her throat to sweep the tension under the proverbial rug, "I think we have a drunk Charity roaming around by the way...I seemed to have underestimated her tolerance...."

Jax turned to see Abigail and Emit behind him. "Thanks for the back up all the same." Jax waved the envelope. "Guess we have our first paying job, but let's get off this bucket of bolts first." Jax hit the button that began retracting the cargo ramp. He marched over to the ship wide comm. "Okay Reyes we are clear to go, get us outta here!" Looking to Abigail... "Don't worry I stiil need you, let's take a peek at this shall we...." He passed Abigail the envelope. "In the Captain's quarters of course, you can fill me in on drunk Charity on the way....Emit see to it we are secured....and show Mister Finnegan where he can stow his gear, cabin three should suffice."

Abigail Archer

Quote"Don't worry I stiil need you, let's take a peek at this in." He passed Abigail the enevlope. "In the Captain's quarters you can fill me in on drunk Charity on the way....Emit see to it we are secured."

A small smile curled up onto her lips, he needed her. "Well of course you do, and thanks for the back up Emit..." She gave the sheriff a brief nod and looked back to Jax, "As for Charity, I swear, it was just one glass of moonshine, the girl's got the tolerance of a goldfish. Though she is wandering about and will most likely end up decorating room that's in....hopefully not ours." She smirked slightly at the debutante's current state.  Abigail turned to make her way to the quarters.