Eating Crow - King and Charity

Started by Charity, June 10, 2021, 04:34:09 PM

Charity

July 09, 2021, 09:06:39 AM #20 Last Edit: July 09, 2021, 11:55:26 AM by Lomari
"Well I, uh, I should probably get out of your hair, so to speak. I'm sure you want to get cleaned up and get some rest, its been a long day..." he said, looking away from her. She blinked a little in confusion, then looked down at herself and their joined hands. Her eyes widened a little and she cleared her own throat, standing quickly enough to see spots at the edge of her vision. The Captain wobbled a little, then righted herself, her hands held up in front of her chest, palms facing him, fingers relaxed.

"Oh! Yes! That is a marvelous idea, thank you for your consideration," she answered, looking down at him and then around at the interior of her chambers, trying to find the walls as fascinating as possible. She laughed slightly, realizing she was being silly, her hand lifting to tug idly at one of her curls, cheeks red. She cleared her throat a second time and spotted her reflection in her mirror again. Charity grimaced. Cleaning up really was a marvelous idea. She moved out from between the two chairs to give him more space to stand and moved to wait by the door, her gaze on his foot to avoid looking into his eyes.

She peeked up at him and offered another smile, "I'll see you later?" she asked, which was another silly thing to do. Of course she'd see him later, they were both stuck on the same ship in the middle of the vacuum of space. It wasn't like either of them could wander outside. Well...they could. Her hands slipped into her pockets and she shook her head a little, standing straighter. "I'll schedule a meeting with the crew. Is there anything else you need? From the doctor? Before I get too comfortable?" she asked, brows raised in question and concern.
Dialogue Color: AntiqueWhite

Akhsar King

"Oh! Yes! That is a marvelous idea, thank you for your consideration," Charity said, suddenly finding the walls almost as interesting as King was. He couldn't help but notice her blushing, and hoped his beard was at least hiding his own reddening cheeks a little bit. Charity moved over towards the door, and King gingerly stood up, being careful not to move to quickly or put too much weight on his injured foot.

In spite of the fascinating walls their eyes met again as he got to the door, and Charity smiled at him. "I'll see you later?" He grinned. "Yes, you definitely will." He said with a chuckle.

"I'll schedule a meeting with the crew. Is there anything else you need? From the doctor? Before I get too comfortable?" King shook his head. "Nope, you are free and clear to get as comfortable as you like. I'll see you in the morning, yeah? For the meeting. With the crew." He nodded to himself, and opened to door to leave. He stopped after one hobbling step and looked back. "Goodnight, Cherry." He said with a soft smile.
Dialogue Color: Olivedrab

Charity

"...I'll see you in the morning, yeah? For the meeting. With the crew," he assured her. Charity nodded dumbly as he spoke, watching him head out of her room with wide, doe eyes. The meeting. With the crew. Yes. That was most assuredly something she was still thinking about. Only that. She was a good Captain.

King stopped after one hobbling step out of her chambers and looked back. "Goodnight, Cherry," he said, then smiled and left. Charity closed the door and stared at it for several long seconds before clamping her hand over her mouth and turning her back to it. The poised debutante set her back against its cold surface and squeaked against her palm, her eyes staring intently at the opposite wall. Her heart was hammering in her chest, her cheeks were on fire, and she wanted to write someone's name in her journal with frilly script and little hearts over the i's. She wanted to skip down the hallway, indulge in cake and sweets, write poetry, paint the most succulent of pomegranates.

Finally, her hand lowered and she took a deep breath, shock taking over the pink of her cheeks. "Oh gou shi..."
Dialogue Color: AntiqueWhite