'MILK RUN'

Started by Monty, April 14, 2018, 07:03:05 PM

Monty

April 14, 2018, 07:03:05 PM Last Edit: April 14, 2018, 07:06:55 PM by Monty
"So how'd you end up with this crew of misfits and criminals."  Helena asked.

Leroy thought for a moment trying to come up with a short explanation of how he bagged his position on Ronin. "Well it's been a long road to say the least Miss Helena." The mechanic started. "My last ship ran out of coin so they just let me go, just let me go like that! ....which I didn't mind much seeing I wasn't gettin' paid." Leroy laughed at the thought of working for free. "Well they did feed me of course but nothin' extra and that ship was a wreck. Leroy paused as he had to quickly steer the Beast delicately through a rough patch of ground. "They had me makin' new parts from broken parts....I'm sure without me they ain't even flyin' now."

Fey

Helena nodded in approval,
"Well considering the shape our boat's in now seems like you're the right man for the job." Helena looked out the window taking in a deep breath.  It was good to be working again. She had gone without it for too long.

"I've never been big on working for free either,  but I've heard good things about Lin. So here's hoping we'll get a good payout."

Monty

April 16, 2018, 05:29:00 PM #2 Last Edit: April 16, 2018, 05:37:48 PM by Monty
The Beast made good time and before long Monty had them zipping along the outskirts of the eastern city edge. A small screen next to the wheel displayed coordinates and directions to a firearms dealer called Mundy's Munitions. "Ever been here before?" He asked his copilot. Monty was used to purchasing engine and ship parts, not guns and ammo.

Fey

Helena shook her head,

"Couldn't say I have, but from the sounds of it, they'll have what we need. Things that go boom." Helena gave Monty a wide grin, she did love making things explode. Then again who didn't?

"You have much experience with firearms? Or are you more of a sit back and stay away from the bloodshed kind of guy?" Monty was intriguing, not like many men she had met in the 'Verse. His personality was almost a calming, it would probably needed based upon Lin's description of the upcoming adventures.

Monty

April 18, 2018, 05:57:28 PM #4 Last Edit: April 22, 2018, 06:04:23 PM by Monty
Monty slowed the Beast down as they neared their destination. "Well on my home world I was raised under the banner of pacifism, but that never sat right with me. Not that I go around starting trouble mind you, but you have to defend yourself...right?" He brought the vehicle to a soft stop. "Think I finally got the hang of driving this thing.....Ha!" He laughed a bit before continuing. "Recent experiences have taught me that a good quality sidearm, or two or three... can be your best friend if need be....but I'm still not comfortable with the whole 'shoot first ask questions later' idea." Monty looked up at the worn painted sign half lit with neon lighting. "Shall we shop?!"

Fey

"Shall we shop?!"

Helena smirked at Monty, "Those three magic words that make a girl's heart skip a beat." She opened the door and slid out of the car and walked towards the shop with purpose. In all reality her heart was racing a bit, she loved shopping for new toys. Helena opened the door and took in a deep breath appreciating the smell of ammunition and explosives.

A small bell rested on the front counter-top.  Helena gently hit it with her hand as she looked over the stock on the walls, her heart skipped a bit as she looked at the wall of armory. Automatics, explosives, pistols, daggers, rifles, snipers. She inhaled quickly in anticipation.  It was like waiting for a first-kiss, but better.

A rumble came from the back as the shop owner came out. A man squeezed through the door way and lumbered towards her slowly, his shirt not quite fitting him, with a small section of his belly hanging out.  His chest hair coming out of the top and yellow stains creeping out from under his armpits. He stopped at the counter and looked Helena up and down and snorted, then looked over to Monty.

"What, ya couldn't leave the little lady at home?"

Monty

As they walked in Monty was captivated by the display of armaments. "Wow! Was all he could get out to show his appreciation of the collection of firepower. "Should be something here I can add to my tool box." The sound of Helena ringing the bell brought his attention from fondling a tripod mounted machine gun to the counter. Monty stepped up next to her about the time the rather large attendant came out.

"What, ya couldn't leave the little lady at home?"

Monty looked to Helena then back again to the attendant. He slipped a hand under his hat and scratched his head a bit and whistled. "Well mister I mean no disrespect but this 'Little Lady' as you say I bet knows more about weapons in her little finger than you do in that big old fat gut of yours."

Helena

April 22, 2018, 06:52:24 PM #7 Last Edit: April 22, 2018, 06:53:55 PM by Helena
The man narrowed his eyes and look back Helena,

"Well what'll it be then?" He replied gruffly.

Helena raised a brow and gave a nod of thanks to Monty. It wouldn't be the last time something like this would happen. She sighed and looked up at the wall.

"Alrighty sir, now I know being a woman I have the limited knowledge and experience with weapons however, I'll do my best..." She cleared her throat,

"I will take two cases of your finest explosives, grenades preferably and a few mines if you have them.  We'll take the two automatics on the wall, those four pistols, those three shot guns, that set of knives, your grenade launcher and enough ammunition to last till the cows come home." Helena let out a breath and smiled nodding. She looked over at Monty and jumped quickly as if she forgot something,

"Oh! And that tripod mounted machine gun you got over there for my friend...I also forgot to mention you'll giving this all to us at half the cost considering you've been oh so hospitable...and we're probably the biggest customer you've had in the last few months. We both know you're upselling most of these items."

Helena gave the man a toothy grin.

His face turned sour quickly but he acknowledged and accepted her offer. He reached down and picked up comm unit off the counter,

"Jim, Gus here, we got a tall order coming around back to pick up some items.  Get the lady hitched up."

Helena nodded and placed her credits on the surface. The large man took them begrudgingly and motioned for the two to pull the truck around back to pick up their order.

"Shall we?" Helena grinned and turned quickly to head back to the truck.

Monty

Monty pulled the beast around back and with some help they had the vehicle loaded up in no time. "Yer one hell of an negotiator there Aytch!" Monty reset his hat on his head and just stared amazed at their purchase before covering the load with a dirty tan canvas. "Outta sight outta mind as they say...now off to git those spare parts."

Their next stop looked a little bit more reputable and in a safer neighborhood, the sign even looked freshly painted: LAND SEA & SKY Service/Repairs. "This is it, I'll be but a few minutes... you guard the goods, never can tell." Monty with his list in hand marched through the front doors. Now this is where Monty truly felt at home, even the clean interior couldn't mask the aroma of hydraulic fluid and grease.

Fey

"Well a girl's gotta get by some how." Helena smirked fully aware she was good at driving a hard bargain. But in a place like this it was easy. She slid into the passenger side of the vehicle and held on to the restraint above. They pulled up to the next stop, which seemed,  reputable enough, but they had quite the haul, and she didn't trust the locals.

Helena hopped out of the truck and unbutton her holster as a just in case. Sitting here and waiting made her a tad nervous, it usually didn't end well.  She paced back and forth quietly waiting for Monty to come back.

Monty

April 28, 2018, 04:58:50 AM #10 Last Edit: April 28, 2018, 05:06:01 AM by Monty
Monty made quick work of shopping handing his list to the attendant behind the counter. In no time the man returned with a hand truck loaded with several boxes. Thanks to Lin, Monty even had the coin to pay the bill in full. About twenty minutes after entering Ronin's mechanic showed up at the beast with his cart of goodies. "Well if we don't have what we need now I guess we'll just have to improvise." They quickly loaded the boxes in the few remaining spaces left on the beast. "Remind me next time I shop first." Monty just smiled as he lashed the last container to the tripod mounted machine gun, it's barrel tip sticking out from under the canvas cover menacingly. Of course by now they're arrival had garnered some attention, but it was too late if anyone had a notion to stop them. Monty fired up the Beast and raced off as the gathering crowd closed in.

[ EXIT BACK TO RONIN ]