S2E11 - Breaking Broken Spike

Started by Desertpuma, October 10, 2019, 07:38:41 PM

Desertpuma

Having got a ship fueled up and gathered a new crew, Ronin was setting off to traverse the Black toward a link in the chain of chasing Nikola Kang. With few seemingly regular crew members on board, the ship had a mostly new crew and many with a reputation of some kind.

Lin Kuei

Lin had gotten a full crew for Ronin. It was time to head out and on to the next job, one that should bear some good fruit. The new pilot, Newt Declan, was leading the ship out of the Greenleaf Skyplex as Lin stood at the back of the cockpit for the conversation.

Quote from: Newt Declan on October 07, 2019, 07:24:28 AMTaking controls in a loose grip, Newt engaged the docking port engines until he felt the clamps release. Giving the throttle a little tap he maneuvered away from the ring with ease.

"This part is always a little bumpy in these ole Slammer Classes,no worries though I'll be sure not to chip the paint."

Lin responded with a smirk. "I think you'll find I have had taken very good care of her. There was some work done on the maneuvering thrusters. She has increased agility and should be very easy to travel, even laterally." He watched as the ship rolled away from the docking ring and Skyplex. "Head to Three Hills. Normally, it might take us about five days. But once get away from everything, I want you to calculate for a brief full burn so we can shave at least a day off the journey. We're fully fueled so we should be fine."

Newt Declan

Lin,had requested that he make calculations to include a full burn to shave off a day of travel heading to Three Hills. Newt, figured the Captain had good reason for the request and decided to attempt to accommodate him further.
"Capt. I can look into pulling up some not so well known Nav Bowey coordinates for the area, there legit, just not so necessarily legal routes. Could shave off another full day,at least a half day for sure. Used some when I used to ferry cargo."

Pulling out his data pad he plugged into the onboard system. As the pad linked with the ships monitor he began thumbing through several charts. Anyone taking note could see several parts of the diagram appeared to be encoded.

"Looks like where getting a solid ping from Nav-comp,want me to make the necessary adjustments?"

Minato Kaneshiro

Quote"Last Post before continuing into this one to catch up"

Minato found it hard to focus on Ava as she subjected him to his own medicine.

QuoteMinato's sudden loss of balance brought Ava right back to his side - not quite quickly enough to steady him on his feet, but soon enough to help ease his return to the floor.  "Sitting seems like a good choice," she agreed, gently running her fingers over the back of his head to feel for a bump.  "How much does your head hurt?  You on any medications right now?  Are you feeling nauseous at all?" The stream of questions served not only to get answers, but to give her the chance to analyze his speech for slurring and his response time to questions.
"A bit. Just my anti-anxiety meds. Yeah, but it has more to do with the takeoff really. It is the only part of being on a ship I don't take well."

Minato let Ava finish her examination and watched the rest of the crew as the conversed. He didn't say much as he sat there. Once Ava was done, Minato pulled out his datapad to browse the Cortex for a bit while he had the chance. Maybe he would run across interesting information or at least that is what he hoped for.

Minato decided it was best to start his job as soon as possible. After the embarrassing display in the galley, he attempted to avoid most people as he roamed the ship checking the condition of the hardware in each part of the vessel. As he checked on his spyware though, Minato noticed that it had been removed. He found it odd but not unfounded honestly. He wasn't completely familiar with the systems just yet. Even so, Minato had to be more careful next time.

Mylena Yee

That first crew dinner Mylena had been happy to pour drinks for Luke, Michael, Travis and any of the other crew who wanted to drink.  She served them, was very courteous and polite and somehow managed to fade into the background, though when a glass needed refilled she seemed to be right there. The dishes were cleaned and put away and the kitchen tidied.  Taking care and serving others had been instilled in her, part of her very nature.

She went to bed late and rose early the next morning.  She intended to explore the ship fully.  She checked out the hydroponics, then made her way down to the engine room. 
Pale death visits with impartial foot, the cottages of the poor and the castles of the rich.

Travis Chao

October 15, 2019, 12:52:38 PM #5 Last Edit: October 15, 2019, 12:58:29 PM by Travis Chao
Travis spoke to Becker just before leaving their cabin. "I'm going to meet up with the Captain and get the earful of what we got in the armory. Care to take a look?"  He waited for a response, or even for him if Becker so indicated.

Then he headed foreword to the Operations Area, though the Armory Locker was in the hall. He wanted to take a look at the fancy gadgets in the obviously high tech 'op-center', as he heard such things called. Nothing much was going on so he was a bit disappointed in not seeing any more bells and whistles going off.

He waited.

"When you give a personal lesson in meanness to a critter or person, don't be surprised they learn the lesson."