Cleaning House 2019

Started by RUNE, July 09, 2019, 05:07:42 AM

RUNE

July 09, 2019, 05:07:42 AM Last Edit: August 18, 2019, 06:54:56 PM by Caliope
Hello everyone! Just wanted to make everyone aware that a new clean up effort conducted by noseatbelts, Axe, Lomari, and myself has begun. Reduntant topics are being merged, defunct and irrelevant threads are being deleted, and the boards are being arranged so as to improve ease of navigation and make the abundance of information FS has accumulated over the years as easy to access as possible. This action is being taken as a result if an informal polling of the community conducted via Discord and I feel most members are aware of the changes but we want to make sure those who aren't usually on Discord know what's happening as well. Any comments or concerns on the clean up effort, archiving, etc. should be directed to the Suggestions section. Bear in mind, a new thread should only be opened there if the issue hasn't been brought up previously.

Thank you one and all for hanging with us. The current Site Staff is relatively fresh compared to some of the veterans that were here before us, and as we step up to fill those roles there are sure to be some growing pains. But in the end, we all seek to see this community thriving again.

I know that I hung on a windy tree nine long nights, wounded with a spear, dedicated to Odin, myself to myself, on that tree of which no man knows from where its roots run.
No bread did they give me nor a drink from a horn, downwards I peered; I took up the runes, screaming I took them, then I fell back from there.
The songs I know that king's wives know not Nor men that are sons of men.
So do I write and color the runes.

Lomari

Good afternoon, All!

Please take a couple minutes to look over this Feedback Survey on the site's current design and layout. We'd love to gather some information from within so that we can know what people like/dislike/need going forward!

https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/76VV7HD
CHARACTERS
Charity ~ Melody ~ Tabitha

NARRATION
Darling ~ Iscariot

RUNE

A new survey is up, this time relating to site donations and rewards programs! Take a few minutes and let us hear what you think.

https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/YKCYT5Z

I know that I hung on a windy tree nine long nights, wounded with a spear, dedicated to Odin, myself to myself, on that tree of which no man knows from where its roots run.
No bread did they give me nor a drink from a horn, downwards I peered; I took up the runes, screaming I took them, then I fell back from there.

noseatbelts

There has been an increased report of a problem where the chatbox's content exists outside of its script box and covers the whole of the sidebar. This problem existed prior to the upgrade, but was thought at the time to be a unique error. While we're unsure what is causing this issue, we are working to resolve it and have already had an alternative to the chatbox prepared which we will switch to if the problem can't be addressed properly.

If anyone has any questions, comments, or concerns in the meantime please let us know on OUR DISCORD or let a member of the Site Staff know directly via PM! Thank you!

RUNE

I have verified that much of the forum and even the server's toolkit and resources are varying degrees of out of date and I am in the process of updating things as I go. This is going to take a while, so I am echoing other users' suggestion of utilizing a word processing program or other utility such as Word or Google Docs in order to author your IC posts for copying/pasting for the time being.

I apologize for the ongoing issues, but in addition to this workaround simply pressing 'enter' after you've copied/pasted your post will bring the wide panel back to where you can view all the buttons.

noseatbelts

http://temp.findingserenity.net/ is now live and will run as the forum was before the SSL integration! You will have to log back in with your main account, but all settings appear to be in place.

Please use this for all your posting until further notice.

http://temp.findingserenity.net/ is a clone of the formal site which we will continue to use as the forum is upgraded. After the primary site is upgraded, we will then convert anything done after Monday September 23rd at midnight from the clone to the upgraded forums.