"It's what I do, Darlin'"

Started by Caliope, November 29, 2012, 07:29:14 PM

Cortex Mainframe

There are situations where someone's post just makes you go wow because its just full of awesomeness. Let people know about those posts here.

PurpleRiver

August 19, 2013, 01:27:56 AM #1 Last Edit: April 12, 2014, 09:13:28 PM by Black Betty
To Black Betty for her writing as Sabrina.

There are a lot of posts that make me go wow when reading Sabrina. This is one of the first and should have been added here ages ago!

This isn't the grand arena

AWARDED!

Black Betty

October 26, 2013, 11:58:31 PM #2 Last Edit: April 12, 2014, 09:14:16 PM by Black Betty
Peters post in the Gemini Main plot thread just made me go aw... Like it was really a touching moment even if it had been unintended! It was just perfect!

Quote from: PeterWatson on October 25, 2013, 07:07:44 PM
Erica's often light heartedness was a must have out in the black. It was too easy to get lost in the vast nothingness. To look outside and see solitude day after day. While Peter wouldn't want to be tied to the hip it was still better to have someone with her personality than not. Her reaction to the compliment was more than enough to make him chuckle slightly. "Better make sure you stop saving our butts then. Wouldn't want to be stranded." It was a slightly playful remark with clear marks of sarcasm. For whatever reason Peter felt a bit more relaxed the few times she had been around. Of everyone on the ship Erica seemed to be hiding the least.

Everyone had demons but Erica seemed to be more genuine. So when she updated Peter that two members of the crew had left the look on her face equated to a punch in the face. Peter felt bad for essentially having stuck his foot in his mouth. His own feelings on the matter were more practical than emotional. The loss of two crew members put the Gemini in a precarious situation. Additional passengers did not aide in the matter. Perhaps most pressing was the small bird with an injured wing that stood in front of him. "I'm... well... that's to...." Situations like this we not his strong point. "Dui Bu Qi" was all he could think of, which to him meant little. To say sorry for something you had no control over was a rather meaningless action and yet it was all he could offer her.

Before Peter could continue a rather pointless and pathetic attempt to cheer Erica up Sabrina shuffled past them both. The look on her face was more desperate than sad compared to Erica. Yet all he could think was how happy he was it wasn't his fault.... Then it occurred "Crap is it my fault?!" Memories ran back through recent events when Sabrina had come by his room to chat and Peter had not been all too receptive. "No... no... that wouldn't bother her" he quickly set a wondering mind straight.

Really the entire try to go outside for a few moments of peace plan seemed to have collapsed before his very eyes. The entire social situation was one Peter could fake well enough to get through but not actually be helpful in any way. Normally that would be fine except, well Erica and Sabrina had been nothing but nice to him. As if providence choose to smile on him one last time a sight as rare as the edge of space broke through. Colors shot across the once dark sadden sky to give the planet's blessing on the Gemini. Without thinking the words flowed out of his mouth, perhaps because Erica may have had a similar core planet education... or perhaps he didn't know what else to say...

"Through sheeted rain
Has come a lustre of crimson,
And I have watched moonbeams
Hushed by a film of palest green.
It was her wings,
Goddess!
Who stepped over the clouds,
And laid her rainbow feathers
Aslant on the currents of the Gemini.
I followed her for long,
With gazing eyes and stumbling feet.
I cared not where she led me...."

[ooc] Poem from Amy Lowell -  The Captured Goddess

AWARDED!

dannyness

April 03, 2014, 06:31:50 AM #3 Last Edit: April 12, 2014, 09:15:06 PM by Black Betty
Been trying to figure out where best to nominate Black Betty's Brandt Grayson speech in Nautilus for a few days and have decided that it's just all-around awesome. It's got humor, it incorporates other characters in a situation where all the focus is on Brandt, it gives some history on the character, and it really communicates why Brandt made his decision and therefore what Nautilus is all about. Well done, BB.

http://www.findingserenity.net/index.php?topic=1580.msg15715#msg15715

AWARDED!
" class="bbc_img

Axe

I definitely second that. It was a great post BB :D
CHARACTERS
Riot ~ Akhsar King

Black Betty

Just getting this switched over so credit can be given where it is due...

Quote from: PurpleRiver on November 29, 2012, 04:08:08 PM
Quote from: Jared Brownsfield on November 29, 2012, 03:40:44 PM
Jared quietly assisted the men off Horizon at gunpoint... Scum of the 'Verse some people were. He shook his head as he sealed the cargo bay doors at Helena's command once everyone was back on board. He stood out of the way while Carson and some of the others dealt with the pregnant girl.

Jared decided to repack the medical supplies in the crate... He stooped to pick up the supplies and leaned over the crate to move around the broken pieces out of the way. He was looking towards the gunhands of Horizon as he moved the pieces around. He caught sight of something that didn't quite fit out of the corner of his eyes... and immediately his eyes widened!

"BOM-" he started to scream before anyone else in the cargo bay heard a small explosion. Jared felt wetness all over his face and had a horrible taste in his mouth... and he couldn't see anything but red... or was it pink? He didn't feel any pain as he stumbled back from the crate flailing and for a brief second he thought he was dead, but then he bumped into another crate and the sharp pain of the corner hitting his back informed him he was still alive.

He was terrified to touch his face, but... he started blinking his eyes and rubbing at his face and soon realized he was not injured. He sat there looking down at his chest and hands completely covered in pink paint. "That son of a bitch!!"

That was awesome! I was reading that thinking... no, you can't kill Jared off. That's just not - no.

And then I was like, oh, he's just going to be horribly disfigured. That's going to be great RP!

And then I was like --- wah!

Frickin' awesome. Epic idea DP, and brilliantly written Darius. Kudos. Mucho kudos.

AWARDED!

dannyness

August 25, 2014, 07:32:53 PM #6 Last Edit: May 11, 2018, 03:17:27 PM by PurpleRiver
Black Betty as Brandt Grayson again. http://www.findingserenity.net/index.php?topic=1666.msg17140#msg17140

AWARDED!
" class="bbc_img

noseatbelts

March 05, 2019, 11:45:31 AM #7 Last Edit: March 11, 2019, 12:49:03 PM by Axe
I want to nominate the crew of the Darling as a whole (our lovely Narrator Lomari included) for this award, for our recently completed first episode, "Time is Flea-ting." It's got drama and comedy, action and suspense, but mostly it is chock full of HEART. This is a great group of folks and I'm happy every day writing with them and look forward to every post. We're family in AND out of character. <3

AWARDED!