SS Iscariot - Episode 1: New Beginnings

Started by Lomari, February 22, 2019, 07:54:44 AM

Tereza

As her ship hurtled across the finish line Tereza let go of her flightstick and let the shuttle stop its impossible turn and felt the heady rush of blood flooding back into her brain. She laughed out loud. Had that idiot of a pilot used an auto clicker to open her message? Cocky fool didn't have the confidence to access his terminal manually apparently. Still chuckling to herself Reza swung the shuttle back around, going through some flight assist off aerobatics on the way back to the landing bay. She entered hot but dropped the guided missile of a chop-mod onto it's platform without incident. It didn't take long for her to be out of the void and back in artificial gravity with her two bags over one shoulder and her helmet tucked under the opposite arm.

Dewey would handle the payment info, he had her com code after all. What this little win deserved was a celebration. Unmistakable in her copper and green g-suit Tereza made her way towards the cafe that, by her best judgement, would have had the best view of the race. If she could get a free drink anywhere, or at least one placed on a tab till she collected her winnings, that would be it.
Dark be the sky
Dense be the clouds
Thunders seem to fright
And storm will take the lives
The sun sets and rise
But the cut above will always FLY
-- Ravi Chan

Missy Etheridge

As soon as Holger had indicated his desire for a full makeover, Missy had begun protesting that, surely, this was finally the time for their detachment, but nobody even seemed to have heard her -- which, to be fair, they might not have among the clamor of the race outside, the babble of the children inside, and the giant's own happy bellows.

Even the apparently-unflappable Mohammed still wasn't so much as questioning her presence as Holger's lumpy sweater got shunted along his arm and over hers. Missy wrinkled her nose at the texture and tried to pull her arm away as best she could, but didn't accomplish much but making her wrist even more sore in the cuff.

"Mr. Holger, this really isn't the time, I do think it's best if we..." she kept going, to absolutely no avail, as Holger found the suit he wanted and started getting ready to change into it.

That was it. Missy had been borderline-kidnapped, tossed around like a rag doll, had her favorite shoes stolen literally out from under her, and made to suffer indignity after indignity, all without losing her smile, and she finally snapped.

Melissa balled up her fists, squeezed her eyes shut, and screamed like a tea kettle, venting days and days of pent-up frustration into a single prolonged E-flat that rang out across the store, cutting through the rest of the bustle and noise, and carrying on until she finally ran out of breath.

"WHAT is WRONG with ALL OF YOU?" she demanded when she was sure to have the entire room's attention, if not the entire station's. With her free hand, she jabbed an accusatory finger at Mohammed first. "How can you just keep playing the happy salesman when your customers are obviously being held against their will? And gwai-gwai long duh dong is with all of these gorram children?! Are they yours? Your employees?? You know what, never mind, I don't even want to know!"

Dismissing them before he could respond, the finger swung around to target Jo. "You have been nothing but rude to me from minute one! I have made nice, I have played along, I have done everything your shiong-muh duh duang-ren of a captain has ordered, and I have been the best-behaved little captive you could possibly hope for, and what do I get in return? Smirks, snide remarks, and schoolyard jokes. 'Public humiliation kink,' I ask you... Wu de ma, what a fang zong feng kuang de jie..." For a moment, it seemed as though Missy were going to trail off into disgruntled muttering, but then she came back full force, the pointing finger literally trembling with fury as it centered on Holger.

"And you... Technically, I suppose I haven't even met you yet, not really, not with your full faculties, but I've seen enough to know that I don't want to, you bun tyen-shung duh ee-dway-ro. You'd probably have killed me the moment you found me if you hadn't managed to go and get yourself concussed, wouldn't you? I should never have helped you! Sure, I'd probably already be dead by now if I hadn't, but that would be preferable to getting chained up to you while you go charging all over half the gorram 'Verse! You're selfish, and reckless, and violent, and..." She faltered and cast about for something, anything, else to call him until her eye fell on the zebra.... thing he'd been admiring. "...and you have terrible taste!"
Dialogue color: Cornflowerblue | 6495ED

Talk less. Smile more.
Never let them know what you're against or what you're for.

Joakim Soong

After watching the crowd for a moment, Joakim finally shook his head at his misguided paranoia. He let the curtain fall and turned to face the interior of Mohammed's store -- and a tall, slender man who definitely wasn't there before. Jo jumped at the unexpected company, but the stranger didn't even flinch, just stared down at him with his arms crossed. Where Mohammed was rotund and jovial, this man was all angles and cheekbones and disapproving glares. He was dressed in a manner that some more fashion-oriented people might have described as "impeccable", donning a well-ironed dress shirt and a tastefully embroidered vest. Joakim didn't really register any of that: all he knew was that it felt like he was taking him apart with his gaze like he was a shoddy string of code.

"You're wearing that?" the tall dark stranger asked, pulling down his glasses and eyeing Jo from head to toe. Jo glanced down at his attire: a faded t-shirt with the logo of some discontinued brand of soda on it, nondescript pants and the pair of work shoes he'd managed to hang onto during the invasion of the grabby children.

"Why, what's wrong with it?" he asked. The man let out a sound that might have been a chuckle if it weren't for the fact that there was no trace of amusement on his face.

"'What's wrong with it'? he asks! Bless your heart," he said, and the next thing Joakim knew, the man was ushering him towards the dreaded back section of the store.

"You'll thank me later," he shut down Jo's feeble protests, and the hacker's stomach sank. He'd thought he'd managed to escape it, but nope, this pushy shop assistant had caught him in his talons and he was now headed for a makeover, one of his least favorite things in the entire 'Verse. This is it, the worst case scenario, he thought to himself.

Then Missy started screaming, and he realized how wrong he'd been. Nope, this was the actual worst case scenario. Joakim barely had time to register the chaotic scene before him when their unhinged hostage's finger was in his face.

"You have been nothing but rude to me from minute one! I have made nice, I have played along, I have done everything your shiong-muh duh duang-ren of a captain has ordered, and I have been the best-behaved little captive you could possibly hope for..."

Jo tuned out Missy's words half-way through her tirade; it didn't matter what, exactly, she was saying. What mattered was that she was most definitely blowing their cover, drawing attention to them, raising suspicion, the whole damn shebang -- and he had no idea how to shut her up. He didn't have Melody's authority or death glare.

As Missy turned her attention to the half-naked Holger, Jo looked at Mohammed and his partner, trying to read the expressions on their faces and gauge if he could get away with playing Missy's outburst off as part of some elaborate roleplaying scenario.

"P...please don't kinkshame," he stuttered the first thing that popped in his head. He was beginning to sweat.
Dialogue color: teal

Holger Heyerdahl

Holger, one hand holding up his pants, the other swaying limply as Missy tiraded, his supplicant movements almost mocking hers. As she spoke, he stood there, and he listened. He thought about what she said, though his mind went to other things as well. The feel of the suit that the man Mohammed was giving him (it didn't occur to him directly that payment would be expected). How he hoped that his brain would work again so the words he thought of would match those that came out of his mouth. Perhaps the Lady Doctor would help with that. Once she stopped being angry and they got back onto the ship, of course. He thought about Melody, and what she was doing, and how he thought she would be a good captain. The puny one, Izak, and how he would like to... not kill him, per se. But perhaps hold him by the ankles...

The small man entered the back area, with either the most beautiful man Holger had ever seen, or the most handsome woman. Holger wondered who this new person was. He also had an itch on his nose, and so he scratched it with the hand that had been holding up his pants. They fell to the ground, Holger's nose felt better, and he let the Lady Doctor finish her yelling.

She made some good points, really. He had been selfish, though Holger doubted he would have killed her like she said he would. She was defenseless and of no danger to him. Why would he kill her? But yes, Holger made up his mind. The handcuffs would have to go. Holger considered breaking the Lady Doctor's hand to squeeze them off, but if she was hollering like this before he did that... Breaking his own thumb was a possibility, but not one he relished. That hurt and he'd prefer not to. The simplest solution was the keys and Melody hadn't given him those. Maybe the suit man had a saw.

"Suit man..." He began, but Mohammed seemed to read his mind.

"Yes, my friend. I have just the thing." He snapped his fingers and two children appeared at Holger's wrist, fidgeted with the handcuffs for about three seconds, and bam, what was once a joined union was now as it should be. The handcuffs were also mysteriously gone and any jewelry that might have been on wrists or fingers on those hands.

"Free you are now. Go, the All Lions will look for you. Or stay, and see Holger's new clothes and make my brain again." Holger stepped out of his pants and dropped the rest of his clothes to the ground and stood before them all as naked as the day he was born. "You can dress on me now." Missy's words rang in his ears. What she had said got to him. "With gratitude."
Dialogue Color - Orange

Lomari

Hippo and Eyepatch had just made it to the shop's entrance, eager to do what earned them the big bucks, when a banshee shrieked from within. The pair shared a brief moment of eye contact before Eyepatch grimaced and shrugged his shoulders up, "Maybe someone got to 'em afore we did?" he offered under his breath, brows raised so high it almost seemed like they were about to fly off his forehead. Hippo pondered this possibility for a long second, the scream dying out as he waited before finally, the large hulk of a man shrugged and grinned, "Who cares?" he asked.

With an eager nod, Eyepatch pushed the door open hard, forcing his way in and readying his hands for battle. However, the sight of absolutely no one in the front area baffled him. Hippo lumbered in and pointed a hotdog finger toward the back curtain, "There, prob'ly," he wagered. The ground thrummed beneath his feet as the brute made his way around his partner, hand grasping the curtain and pulling it aside to peek in at the...naked...man. He paused, thought on the decisions he'd made in his life, did some calculations in his mind about a pay increase, then shook his head and backed out a step, waving his hand generously for Eyepatch to go in first. The weasel of a man hopped forward like his legs were springs, his body bursting through the curtain and his momentum carrying him toward the naked giant. One uncovered eye went wide and his arms windmilled in an attempt to stop his forward motion, Hippo peeking through the curtain to watch.

The transport tube carrying Tereza up through the station to the Hub slid open and released her into pandemonium. The Station's second favorite had lost the race that Marty wasn't in, and an event so unprecedented deserved a little chaos. A man thick as a tree trunk pushed his way from the café where he'd been speaking lowly with the men behind the counter, the men who controlled the betting. Eyes scanned the crowds, narrowed upon settling on the one winner, and moved on again, finding Tereza eventually. Synapses fired in his brain, connections were made that ought not have been made, and fury pulsed in the vein at his temple. He pointed an accusatory finger first at Melody's table (and thus at Pete), and then whipped it around to point at the winner of the race, his mouth moving as he shouted orders into a comms unit. From the crowd, a rag-tag group of Lil' Sebastian's men separated themselves and made their way to their targets, their strides quick, purposeful, and aggressive.
CHARACTERS
Charity ~ Melody ~ Tabitha

NARRATION
Darling ~ Iscariot

Melody

Melody stood up so fast the backs of her knees knocked her chair onto its back. She reached forward and grabbed Pete's arm, rounding the table as she yanked him to his feet. "We need to go," she informed him curtly, her other hand scooping up the cat and holding it like a well-loved sack of potatoes under her arm. She'd been watching the men in the café, their increasing number making her more than a little wary. Her gaze followed his pointed finger toward Tereza and she began to move, pulling the mechanic along with her. Melody paused only a moment to shove Rasputin into the man's arms so she could access her comms. "Get the ship ready to go. Trouble coming out way," she ordered. "Everyone back to the ship."

Pushing through the crowd and ducking her head in some attempt to make it harder to track her through the throng, the pirate finally made it to the race's winner. "Congratulations on the win. Follow me," she told her, moving past the woman to the transport tube she's come out of. "Unless you feel like fighting a bunch of idiots. I'll explain on the way," the woman amended, grinning a little and tilting her head to the side. Of course, there were sure to be idiots a-plenty at the docks, so she figured she'd save her own energy for them.
Dialogue Color: Brown

Tereza

Tereza stode through the entrance to the drinking establishment like a conquering heroine, a smug smirk on her lips, copper and green flight suit like an emperors glittering armor on parade. Of course this aura of confidence and striking garment had certain drawbacks. Such as making it really easy to spot her for a collection of thugs with no intentions of asking for an autograph. The pilot made it perhaps half a dozen steps before an intense looking blonde haired woman brushed past her, words coming across less like an offer and more like an order. Obnoxiously Tereza found herself half way turned around and on the woman's heels, shoulder to shoulder with a man carrying a cat who also seemed to be following the imperious lady, before she even had a chance to begin parse the second part of the statement à la order.

Stepping into the transport tube Reza slipped her helmet back onto her head, stale air was preferable to having her hands full when violence was a potentiality. Her voice was only slightly affected by the helmets speakers and Tereza even switched the visor to transparent instead of its normal polychromatic mirrored state. "Thanks, I suppose. Why would I be fighting idiots?" Once the tube's doors closed Tereza dropped her packs to the floor to arrange them into a more suitable setting. Her rucksack when over both shoulders and the straps were tightened. The gun bag... that remained in her hands, fingers toying lightly with the primary pocket's zipper. Her brain was already going over its contents. Shooting in a space station was a rather big no no. But she wasn't beyond brandishing weapons and would rather have hers in hand if things turned sour.
Dark be the sky
Dense be the clouds
Thunders seem to fright
The sun sets and rise
-- Ravi Chan

Izak Archer

Iazk had to fight the smile showing up on his face – Isa certainly enjoyed finding ways to make an entrance.

"Well its about gorram time captain, good to see you. You want to take over here?" He turned to hand Isa the communicator.

"Melody, I've a surprise for you." He paused at the surprising level of silence coming back at him.  He paused for a moment. Then he looked at Isa. "Perhaps its time we arranged the payment? Anything else I need can be acquired on any backwater world. Just want to expand the workshop and give our vessel a more intimidating sense of style. I leave the rest to you and get on board. Might want to get ready to go.

Izak opened the airlock, waiting for Isa to take the communicator.

Isa Romero

Isa's gaze lingered a bit longer at her ship. Mel really outdid herself this time, Isa made a note to thank her friend when things had 'calmed' down. She looked over at Izak and nodded, "Put the account in my name, keep it to the bare essentials....an Alliance Cruiser is intimidation enough to scare the pants off someone we plan to steal." A smirk crossed her lips as future plans crossed her mind.

She took the comm from Izak's extended hand,

"Mel, you sound rushed, what's going on?"  It wasn't surprising that trouble was coming their way, she almost welcomed it. After all, who would want to mess with a beast like The Revenge. A toothy grin, with an heir of ruthlessness appeared as she turned and watched the dock in anticipation.

Rashy Pete

Isa smiled as she turned toward the docks, but her rising anticipation likely never included a hope to witness a domesticated animal as feral in ferocity and foul in facade as the feline foisted in front of the fungus-freighting fraud of a freebooter fumbling toward the ship which bore her name and sentiments.

"Hey! You stop scratching me right now! Ow! Stop! I need that hand to start the engine! What? No! Why should you get to fly?" The newly christened "Rashy Pete" rushed past Isa and Izak with no time to comment on either the similarity of their names or the circumstances of their meeting, spurned onward instead by a motivation lying somewhere between currying favor and favoring curry, for the likelihood of Melody allowing him to eat again if he failed to complete his assignment seemed slimmer than what patience she still possessed for the man who smelled worse than his cat's litter box.

And so, gripping a comically complicated spanner in a hand covered in scratches berthing God only knew what infectious diseases while using the other to scratch a scalp carrying much of the same, Rashy Pete began the task of flipping switches, pulling levers, and banging pipes until dinned throughout the ship a seemingly ceaseless sonic symphony of systemic subversion signaling like a sinister siren's song until the surely serendipitous circumstance of cylinders sent sparking sounded certainly in it's place.

In other words, Isa's Revenge roared to life.
"You better squeeze all the Charmin you can, While Mr. Whipple's not around;
Put your head in the microwave, and get yourself a tan"

- "Dare To Be Stupid", 'Weird Al' Yankovic

Joakim Soong

Mohammed and his partner didn't seem particularly fazed by Missy's breakdown; the tall dark man let out a sigh that sounded more bored than beleagured and turned to rummage through a nearby rack, while Mohammed summoned a pair of children that began to fiddle with the handcuffs binding Missy to Holger. Joakim was about to protest when an incoming message alert ringing from his pocket caught his attention. He turned his back to the other and checked his datapad.

"Get the ship ready to go. Trouble coming our way. Everyone back to the ship."

As if on cue, a commotion suddenly broke out behind Joakim, and he turned to see a stranger with an eyepatch crashing into Holger, who was now separated from their hostage and, worse yet, completely buck naked.

"Alright, time to get going, Captain's orders," Jo shouted and grabbed Missy's hand, his grip surprisingly firm for such a meek-mannered man, but not particularly violent. He did his best to avert his eyes as to avoid catching a glimpse of Holger's exposed assets. "You too, Holger, it's an emergency!"

With Missy in tow, he attempted to dive through the curtain separating the backroom from the storefront, only to bump into a very large, very imposing man, presumably a friend of Eyepatch's. Joakim staggered backwards and looked up at the goliath blocking their path, his stomach sinking.
Dialogue color: teal

Missy Etheridge

Finally! If Missy had known that one temper tantrum was all it would take to be clipped free of the handcuffs and waved off with a hanky and a "no hard feelings," she'd have done it ages ago. Turning her nose up and pivoting pointedly away from Holger's ridiculous display, she took a luxurious moment to massage her wrist and roll an ache out of her shoulder, then set off to march out of the store and back to reality as a free woman, all of this absurdity behind her at last.

She made it about three steps before her wrist ended up in another iron grip. This one, she was mildly surprised to discover, belonged to the taciturn techie; she wouldn't have guessed that he'd had it in him. "Ràng wǒ zǒu, you bully!" she ordered, trying unsuccessfully to yank her hand away. "You heard what he said! I'm free to go!"

"Time to get going, Captain's orders," was Jo's only reply, spinning her about in the opposite direction to drag her off, and trying to herd the naked giant along with them.

"In case it wasn't clear to you, she's not my cap--"

Missy's indignant retort was cut short by a brick wall of a human being looming over them. She gulped, and made some quick calculations. He didn't look like Alliance, but beyond that, it was hard to say just whose side he was on, if anyone's. Certainly not the pirates' at any rate, which made him potentially useful to Missy, even if he was clearly no good news. Fortunately, now that the handcuffs had disappeared -- along with her watch and her class ring, she realized with a momentary pang of irrelevant fury -- all she needed was a moment of distraction for Jo to let get away, and then she could make it back to the comparative safety of a public street.

"Oh, xiètiānxièdì!" she gasped, widening her eyes with exaggerated relief. "I'm so glad you came; I knew someone must have heard me scream! I don't know what they want, but you have to do something! They just grabbed me, and-- and-- " Tears, gorrammit, she needed tears. She used to fake them all the time back in med school -- no easier way to get a 97.9 bumped up to a 98 -- but it had been a few years and she was out of practice. It took a moment of sputtering to finally turn the waterworks back on, but she managed it, along with a convincing little lip tremble. "And I'm so scared! Please help!"
Dialogue color: Cornflowerblue | 6495ED

Talk less. Smile more.
Never let them know what you're against or what you're for.

Holger Heyerdahl

As Mohammed and his partner quickly and suddenly disappeared deeper into the back of the shop, Holger was only confused for a moment before his warrior's instinct took over as a scrawny man with one eye collapsed against him. The Nordic Nudist looked down at the little man at his feet and immediately surmised that he was no good and should be dealt with. Without looking, Holger reached over to a nearby workbench and grabbed the nearest weapon: a COBBLER'S HAMMER. It was small in his hand, but sturdy and well-made and when it crashed down on Eyepatch's forehead the third time it had the desired effect.

One smack stunned him and, if one of his eyes wasn't missing, it would have crossed with the other.

The second incapacitated him, causing him to sway back on his knees.

Holger grabbed him by the collar with his free hand to hold him still and delivered a third blow that caved in the man's skull and lodged the hammer therein. Still holding Eyepatch's collar, Holger lifted him off his now lifeless feet to bring them face to face. "Why did I kill you?" He said, as if confused, but what he wanted to know was who this man was and what he was doing there. His glacial blue eyes caught Eyepatch's compatriot hassling Missy and Jo, and Holger thought Melody would want him to intervene.

Eyepatch's body was discarded to the floor and Holger grabbed another weapon: A WOODEN COAT HANGER. Solidly built, this was no cheap piece of clothing storage, but a high-end, hand-made luxury item for fine clothiers. Gripping it in his hand with the hook protruding between his fingers, Holger stepped out of the curtained area and stood square a half-dozen paces away from his opponent and his hostages.

Hippo, a big man and a veteran of many fights with other big men, looked the big man before him up and down and considered his options. His boss was paying him a healthy wage to bring these people in. But it hadn't been in the brief that a bare-assed barbarian would be in the mix. "You killed my friend?" He could guess the answer but Holger's nod confirmed it. "I mighta letcha go." He lied, and Holger's headshake confirmed it. "I'm s'posed to bring ya in." Holger shook his head again. "Don't gotta be hard, friend. Ain't nobody else gotta be hurt."

Holger disagreed and leveled a finger at Hippo. "Come to me, man." A witty thought ran through his head about hanging his enemy out to dry. "This hook will absorb your moist." Close enough. "They go now. You and Holger will hang here." This one he didn't try for, nor did he notice it.

Hippo pulled a knife from his belt and stepped behind Missy and Jo and moved the three of them back toward the door in a threatening manner. "Not how this works, buddy. You can stay here. Them and me are gonna go. You can come and get'em later." Holger disagreed.

"Goose." He said, before leaping into action, hoping Missy and Jo would take his meaning and drop to the floor. His charge was led by the fist with the hook, which he jammed in Hippo's mouth and tugged to the right, snaring the man's cheek and, when the man proved to be stronger than Holger assumed, ripped through instead of forcing him to the ground as Holger had hoped. Hippo's knife swung wildly as he tried to avenge his ruined face and fight through the pain and blood that poured out of his wound. The hanger held up to a few of the blows but as the blade chipped away at its integrity Holger soon found himself barehanded. One such wild slash opened Holger from shoulder to hip, a superficial wound that didn't look like it from all the blood.

Blood-lust took over and, with a battle cry, Holger rushed Hippo and tacked him into a clothing display, sending pieces of table and fabric flying, not to mention Hippo's knife. Hand-to-hand now, the match became more evenly matched, each opponent using his size and strength to grapple among the wreckage. When one would seemingly gain the upper hand, the other would counter and the roles would reverse. They threw each other every which way and crashed through displays and into walls and there were

Punches and

screams and

blood and

spit and

nails and

teeth and

grunts and

chokes and

It was a mess.

Finally, they both regained their feet and squared off again. Each bloody and bruised and tired. Hippo looked at Holger. And Holger looked at Hippo. And they both laughed. "Brother, this ain't worth it." Hippo said, offering his hand to Holger.

"This I agree." Holger said, reaching to accept Hippo's hand. As their hands touched, there was a brief moment of solidarity. Of mutual respect. They had fought each other, fiercely and fairly, and found each other evenly matched. But Hippo ruined it. The knife, hidden in his other hand behind his back, swung around. Holger twisted the hand in his grip, breaking it at the wrist and using the momentum to spin Hippo around the knife harmlessly to the side. Holger swung Hippo's arm as he spun, breaking it again at the elbow as it was pinned behind his back. A kick to the back of the knee sent the man down to the ground, and a quick grab and twist broke Hippo's neck and ended the fight.

Hippo's weight settled as he died and he remained upright on his knees as Holger stepped away to see if Jo and Missy had made their escape. Either way, he left the destroyed store shortly thereafter to make his way back to The Revenge, bleeding and still naked.
Dialogue Color - Orange

Melody

Mel crossed her arms and stared hard at the closed transport's door, perhaps attempting to intimidate it into going faster. She spared a couple glances, first toward the masked racer and then in Pete's direction, her nose involuntarily scrunching along the bridge as his proximity reminded her of his lack of basic hygiene. If it weren't for the cat and the man's potential for tipping off the feds about their location, she would have attempted to open the doors and shove him out. A smile tugged at one corner of her mouth at the thought of it. She was, however, pulled free of this fantasy by the racer's question.

"Because we're cheaters," she told her simply, rolling her eyes and glowering once more at the doors. "In their minds, you cheated. And," she held up the receipt of her bet, waving it about sarcastically, "because I'm the only one who bet on you, I'm clearly colluding with you to rob these poor suckers of their 'honestly' earned money," Melody explained. A thoughtful frown tugged at her mouth and she nibbled on the inside of her cheek, baby blue gaze sliding over Tereza's helmeted head. "I suppose I could have left you behind, but..." she shrugged a little and faced front again, "Didn't seem fair letting them ambush you like that."

The pilot snarled in annoyance as Izak's voice came over her comms system, "Melody, I've a surprise for you," he said, and twice in as many minutes she thought about throwing someone out of a moving object. Her hand reached out to grasp her comms and lips parted in the beginnings of some vile and venomous retort.

"Mel, you sound rushed, what's going on?" 

A strange array of emotions ran wild over the woman's face. Surprise, confusion, joy, anger, and then back to confusion. Her toxins stuck in her throat and for a moment all she could do was sputter and choke on her beautifully formulated insults meant for Izak.

The doors opened to the docks and Melody watched the Accident Incarnate burst out of the tube like a rubber snake, her mouth turned downward in disgust. "Isa, good to hear from you," she coughed, not too great at positive emotions. Holding down her comms, she gestured for Tereza to follow the screaming maniac toward their ship. "Not sure what you've got planned but we have..." she looked in Pete's direction as he disappeared into the ship, "...other crew mates that'll be useful in a fight and hell," one shoulder shrugged upward, "If you've got nothing planned, might be fun to have another pilot around to help me fly this beast. You ever thought of being a pirate? The Revenge's got a helluva fighter and I can't pilot it and the ship at the same time. Maybe this's that fate thing dipping her hands in where she has no right to," she offered, as best as Melody could offer anything.

The woman raised her brows and smirked at Tereza before heading out toward the ship's berthing station, her arms held out wide as though for a hug. Was she capable of hugs? It was unlikely, but she sure has hell tried. Without pausing in her forward momentum, Melody threw her arms around Isa, half barreling her over in the process. "You slippery wong ba duhn. Welcome back. Your crew is full of morons. Enjoy!" she said to the woman, grinning at her like a wild beast, but clearly happy. In her own way. "Got some heat coming this way, some Ung Jeong Jia Ching Jien Soh Sha Gwa what think we cheated in some betting. Could be fun? Oh and," she tuned to gesture toward the general direction of the racer, "this here's the winner we're apparently working with. Seems a fun sort. Hell of a pilot. Could use another one on board," she informed the Captain.

Tereza

August 20, 2019, 02:02:07 PM #114 Last Edit: August 20, 2019, 02:04:58 PM by Tereza

Gloved fingers quietly drummed a patter on the side of the weapons hard case held close to Tereza's chest. Sealed up in her helmet and with her eyes on Mel the pilot didn't notice the state of Rashy Pete. Before she had time to contemplate her companions aptitude for personal hygiene her proposed savior replied. A tight lipped grin spread across Tereza's face and she blew a few huffs of air out of her nose in response. "Never bet on the outsider, outsiders aren't allowed to win." Tereza knelt and worked the clasps on her case flipping the lid up to unveil her service rifle. Sleek and aggressive looking it was definitely an core world piece, though it didn't have the ubiquitous curves and smooth edges of an official Alliance firearm.

To save space the gun was stored in its personal defense weapon state; buttstock removed, ten inch carbine barrel, no optics. The weapons case of course held two other barrel mods, two seperate stocks, a myriad of magazines, a variety of optics, and other accessories. Tereza looked up, hands already on an approach vector with the firearm. She looked like she was about ask a question when Mel began speaking over her comm. Deciding to go the ask forgiveness before permission route she took up the PDW, snapped a single point sling to the stock connector, loaded a thirty round magazine and charged the gun with a sound that brooked little argument about its intent.

The case was loaded back up and slung over one shoulder, albeit a touch awkwardly, and the PDW was slung about her neck when the doors swished open giving a broad view of The Revenge. Her response was a touch slow in coming but Tereza gave an affirmative nod. "Right now anything sounds better than seeing if I have more bullets than this station has money hungry low life. If fate says be a pirate I'll listen to the gall this once." She trotted after Mel, left hand stabilizing her gun case and keeping it from sliding from her shoulder, her right holding the PDW upright at about shoulder level, barrel trained studiously on the ceiling.

The run and gun introduction to the the captain of the sleek ship was quick and brutal. Tereza made a shotgun call that the captain's name was Isa, given the way Mel had spoke to them over comms and just now. "Pleasure's mine captain. I can hold my own if you'll have me." There would be time soon enough to sit down and go over a resume of qualifications. Hopefully Mel's word on her piloting and the fact that she was carrying an automatic weapon would be enough for now what with the impending trouble on the way.
Dark be the sky
Dense be the clouds
Thunders seem to fright
The sun sets and rise
-- Ravi Chan

Izak Archer

Izak looked at the rampaging cat with a raised eyebrow as the skittish mechanic pushed him aside and plowed on board. He shook his head and double timed it to the bridge – he had stuff to get done

Izak dropped down into his seat in the bridge and spun himself towards his control panels.

Keeping it to initials and bare minimums of identifiers, he moved the money around to the right places.
The whole process was quite efficient. Once the payment was accepted they had a clear channel to station control and just needed everyone on board. Once he was done, he hit right places and contacted Isa.

"Well, we're all set, just need to get everyone on board. Thanks for backing me up on the paint suggestion boss. Good to have you back." He paused for a moment. "And uh, once we know where we're headed, I'm going to need to make those stops."

Isa Romero

As Isa stood there with Isaac, waiting for Mel's response, a peculiar man walked toward them. He was speaking to a cat, and that didn't seem to be the weirdest thing about him.  She shot Isaac a questionable look and looked back at the man making his way into the ship. Momentarily after his arrival the beast had seemed to have woken from her slumber.  A smirk crept across her lips as a feeling of excitement and anticipation grew inside.  The man might have been a lunatic but he seemed to know what he was doing, and that's all she needed.

Quote"Isa, good to hear from you...other crew mates that'll be useful in a fight and hell. "If you've got nothing planned, might be fun to have another pilot around to help me fly this beast. You ever thought of being a pirate? The Revenge's got a helluva fighter and I can't pilot it and the ship at the same time. Maybe this's that fate thing dipping her hands in where she has no right to".

The comms unit barked a familiar voice at her. Isa nodded as if Mel were there, realizing the woman wouldn't be able to see her moving her head. But it didn't take long for Mel to show up shortly after,

Quote. "You slippery wong ba duhn. Welcome back. Your crew is full of morons. Enjoy. Got some heat coming this way, some Ung Jeong Jia Ching Jien Soh Sha Gwa what think we cheated in some betting. Could be fun? Oh and, this here's the winner we're apparently working with. Seems a fun sort. Hell of a pilot. Could use another one on board."

Isa returned Mel's embrace with a firm squeeze and leaned back as she absorbed some of the momentum.  Her attention turned to the pilot, she was shorter, at least to Isa and blonde. But seemed like the kind of person they were hiring. Then again based upon the guy who just meandered on talking to a cat, she wasn't quite sure what that kind of person was. 

Sticking out her hand to greet the woman, her back straightening out of habit, "Welcome aboard, you can call me Isa or Romero. It'll be good to have an extra set of hands for this behemoth."  She looked back at Mel, "It seems you've gathered a decent crew here, I wouldn't expect anything less. Best get on board get us out of here.  As much as I love a fight, I don't think it's wise to linger." She nodded her head towards the ship and turned to follow,

"You too Izak, we can discuss that later. It seems we've outstayed our welcome." Making her way towards the boat, Isa finally entered the belly of the beast.

Holger Heyerdahl

August 29, 2019, 09:55:58 AM #117 Last Edit: August 29, 2019, 09:57:11 AM by Holger Heyerdahl

Holger exited Mohammed's shop and saw a small crowd of passersby who had stopped passing by and instead had stopped to see what the fuss was about. Gasps of surprise (and one camera flash) met the brute-in-the-buff as he looked for Missy and Joakim, seeing neither immediately. Joakim, Holger assumed, could handle himself. The doctor was the one that concerned him, though only in-so-much that Melody would likely yell at him if he failed to bring her back.

And then he saw her.

And she saw him.

Holger smiled.

And Missy ran. She had been standing on the other side of the crowd, watching with the rest. Why she hadn't made good on her escape, not even she likely knew. But, it was too late for that. In her haste to get away, and perhaps surprise that Holger had made it out of the shop in one piece, she slipped and fell, delaying her just long enough for Holger to catch up and grab her by the arm. But it wasn't a harsh hold. Gentle. Helpful. "Come now." Is all that he said as he helped her to her feet and guided her back the way they had come.

It didn't take them long to return to the docks, though they'd gotten some stares along the way. A garmentless goliath is a sight to see, let alone standing next to you in an elevator. Holger was glad to see Joakim entering the ship just ahead of them. Wearing a smile and, as if it needs reminding, only a smile, "Hi." he said.

Holger led Missy up the gangplank and into the ship.
Dialogue Color - Orange

Rashy Pete

Olo watched and listened to the engines pensively as The Revenge's heart set to thrumming in its regular pattern. A self satisfied smile spread across the technician's face as he breathed a sigh of relief and wiped the sweat - more of a froth really - from his greasy brow. Olo - "Rashy Pete", he beemed with misplaced pride - took a couple steps away from the engine wall and nearly tripped over his toolbox.

Steadying himself with one hand against the wall opposite the engines and the other clutching at his hip in an effort to maintain balance, Pete stayed safe with one boot planted on the floor and the other perched on the toolbox. He pushed off the wall, setting the free hand on his other hip and puffed out his chest. "Pirate reflexes."

Pete nodded to himself and glanced over to where Rasputin settled down for a nap across a comfortably warm emergency control panel. "How about you, Ras? Arrrr ya ready to be a pirate?" Pete squinted as the cat meowed lazily, then looked to his left shoulder. One hand went to his chin, and his posture turned from Captain Morgan to The Thinker as he began to develop another in a life history of bad ideas.
"You better squeeze all the Charmin you can, While Mr. Whipple's not around;
Put your head in the microwave, and get yourself a tan"

- "Dare To Be Stupid", 'Weird Al' Yankovic

Melody

For now, the hotshot pilot seemed keen on going along with this slapdash last minute offer of employment and the Captain didn't seem too upset about it either. Isa was right. This ship was a monster and while her ego would have liked to insist that she could fly it on her own, Melody had to begrudginly admit to herself that she was only human and the extra hands at the helm would be a godsend.

"...It seems you've gathered a decent crew here, I wouldn't expect anything less. Best get on board get us out of here.  As much as I love a fight, I don't think it's wise to linger," Isa decided. Mel's brow rose marginally and she couldn't help but grimace. The Captain gave her too much credit where the crew was concerned. It had started out alright, with some semblance of a plan and well thought out recruiting, but in the end her Barbarian has been concussed with a kitchen appliance, the ex Alliance officer was obsessed with art, they'd ended up with two accidental crew mates, one of which was likely to kill them in their sleep... Mel paused that thought and shook her head, amending it to herself. Both of the new additions were likely to kill them all in their sleep, but only one of them would have done it on purpose. Still, Isa was right. While a fight sounded fun in theory, they just weren't prepared for one.

A large sigh lifted and lowered her shoulders as she half turned, watching Jo slip into the ship and nodding a greeting to him. Then, she frowned. Didn't he go off with two other people? Melody turned quickly to face the station's docks, hands on her hips and mouth pursed in a straight line. Before she could get too concerned, she spotted that shock of red fire moving through the crowd toward them and one corner of her mouth twitched upward in relief. The crowd parted and Melody chocked on her spit, her head lowering for a moment as she composed herself. Was she surprised by what she saw? Not really. But it was a helluva sight. With eyes narrowed in what might have been preparation for some kind of pain, the pilot grimaced in Holger's naked direction, offering Missy some small attept at a sympathetic glare.

"Hi." he said, bringing them both on board and dissapearing into the ship. Mel turned to stare at his backside incredulously, her head shaking slowly. "Decent," she repeated Isa's words, "Yea, that's a word for it..." Mel muttered, turning to enter the ship and waving her hand for Tereza to follow. She led the other woman up the stairs into the bridge with the intention of taking her position in the pilot's chair before hooking her thumb toward the copilot's seat. Her brows furrowed at the sight of Izak on the bridge and a hand extended to grab at the back of his collar, yanking once to get his attention.

"Don't touch my things," she snapped at him, half pulling him out of the chair so she could sit. Moving him aside with her hip, Melody sat down and rolled her shoulders back, feeling like her seat had been fouled. "Why are you even up here?" she asked, not waiting for his answer before she turned to her copilot. The bridge was her space. Well... Isa's and hers. And now Tereza's she reminded herself. Her eyes flickered toward Jo's security console and she allowed him a space in her mental Bridge Territory.

"Help me take her out," she asked her copilot. She could already feel the Revenge purring beneath her feet and was only marginally surprised that the Rashy one had managed to wake the beast up for them. Reaching up, Mel pressed the ship's comms.

"Jo, I need you up here at the security station. I want you to make sure no one can follow us. Scramble our signal or something. Izak, man the turrets at the rear of the ship. I don't expect a fire fight but I don't want to be surprised. Holger, find some pants. Keep the doctor with you until we're away from the station. Pete, I don't know what the blazes you're doing in the engine room but keep doing it. Carefully. Give it some more juice, I'd like to get a head start out of here..." The pilot paused and lowered her hand, frowning once more before running her hands over the console, fingers moving switches and dials. "I guess I should let Isa do all that," she reminded herself aloud, nodding a little and looking over at her co-pilot with a lopsided and rarely used grin. Melody turned back to the console.