Home :: Help :: Team :: Members :: Login :: Register

+ Finding Serenity  » Character Development  » Character Memoirs  » Prologues 
|- Love On The Rocks 
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

collapse

* Quick Links

* Chat

Refresh History
  • Scout: Cal! <3
    August 18, 2019, 11:02:50 PM
  • Caliope: :) Newsletters always bring back the oldies to have a look ;)
    August 18, 2019, 06:56:38 PM
  • noseatbelts: Everyone make sure to vote in the new poll and take the survey, both located in the Announcements!
    August 16, 2019, 08:05:43 AM
  • Scout: Don't forget, you're here forever!
    August 15, 2019, 01:40:18 PM
  • Becker: I never can stay away.
    August 15, 2019, 12:44:52 PM
  • Lomari: Welcome Button, and welcome back Becker!
    August 14, 2019, 06:35:06 PM
  • Scout: Hello!
    August 13, 2019, 12:11:52 AM
  • Axe: Welcome Buttongirl!
    August 12, 2019, 06:46:19 PM
  • Rolemancer: Hey There!
    August 05, 2019, 02:03:42 PM
  • Lomari: Hey there, Helena!
    August 05, 2019, 08:41:07 AM
  • RUNE: Hello!
    August 05, 2019, 05:54:32 AM
  • Helena Cain: :D
    August 05, 2019, 04:41:19 AM
  • Desertpuma: Helena!
    August 05, 2019, 04:30:07 AM
  • Helena Cain: Hello?
    August 05, 2019, 03:49:15 AM
  • Rolemancer: TOJO!!!
    August 02, 2019, 04:50:54 PM
  • Axe: Ay  Tojo!
    August 02, 2019, 01:05:00 PM
  • Lomari: Welcome back.
    August 02, 2019, 06:24:09 AM
  • Chimera: Firefly is the shiniest thing, better even than piles of cashy-money!  It's awesome to have a legendari OG appear!
    August 01, 2019, 10:43:22 PM
  • Scout: I second that exclamation!
    August 01, 2019, 10:41:54 PM
  • Desertpuma: TOJO!
    August 01, 2019, 08:49:46 PM

* Affiliated Sites

Author Topic: Love On The Rocks  (Read 35 times)

Description: Heraklion....Newhall...Post Terrorist Attack.
Jax
  • Captain Tightpants
  • Opportunity makes the Thief...nuff said.
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Love On The Rocks
« on: August 05, 2019, 07:39:41 PM »

After retrieving their passenger Jax was leading his group back to Wushu when for a split second he thought he caught a glimpse of Abigail through the throng of people crowding the mezzanine. Without a second thought he turned to Sean...."Get everyone back to the ship, I need to take care of some personal stuff." Jax paused glancing back the direction he thought he seen her. "Trust me, I'll see you all in a bit back on Wushu." With that he was off weaving his way through the mass of people. His heart was pounding at the idea of being fortunate enough to find her, well he assumed that he would in just a matter of seconds. Little did Jax know he didn't have as much time left in his chase.

The explosion happened so violently before Jax knew it he was forced off his feet and backwards into a store front. His landing softened somewhat by a gathering of mannequins and drapery. Other muffled explosions could be heard as the sound forced it's way into his ringing ears. Blood streamed from his forehead down his face from several cuts as he struggled to sit upright. Now he could also hear the dreadful cries and screams of the injured. Jax wiped his face clear of the blood with his sleeve best he could, the air was thick with smoke and he feel the heat from several fires close by.

Funny thing when Jax looked around at the carnage his first thought wasn't about Abigail, it was Wushu and his crew. What did that tell him about their relationship he didn't want to ponder just yet. Did the crew make it back or get caught by the explosion as well and what was Abigail's fate? The mezzanine was now in full blown chaos mode as Jax stumbled to his feet. Before he went back to the ship though he had to finish his search for Archer, he just had to. Jax continued his hunt around and through the wreckage left by the blasts as rescue crews dashed back and forth amongst the injured. The smoke and emergency lighting made it hard to see.

« Last Edit: August 08, 2019, 04:16:03 PM by Jax »

Re: Love On The Rocks

Jax
  • Captain Tightpants
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #1 on: August 07, 2019, 05:45:09 PM »

As Jax made his way further from the blast epicenter the air became a bit clearer and easier to breath though the emergency lighting was still dim making objects and people hard to see. He glanced up toward the second level assuring himself Abigail would not have gone up, or he sure hoped she didn't. Even now the trail was growing cold fast as he slowed his forward movement and came an abrupt stop. He just stood there with his hand on his hips wearing that classic smirk on his face. A maelstrom of activity swirled all around him but no sign of his partner in crime.

Suddenly confusion and surprise erased the smirk as a hard blow was struck across his back knocking him to the floor. Scrambling to his hands and knees only to be laid flat again by a good swift kick to his side. "STAY DOWN RAT!" A hoarse voice belched. Jax refused the command and once more pushed up from the cold metallic floor only to receive a pair of kicks causing him to roll over coughing and gagging. Jax could see three men surrounded him, by their dress they were Moda without a doubt. "Keep it up Rat and you'll get some more!" Having a change of mind Jax waved his hands in surrender..."Fine fine, I'm done, I'm done....Dohn Luh Mah?!"

Dohn Luh Mah? = Are We Clear?
« Last Edit: August 08, 2019, 04:16:51 PM by Jax »

Jax
  • Captain Tightpants
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: August 08, 2019, 07:21:25 PM »
The three Moda henchmen seemed to care less about what had just recently taken place in the business center. Jax was their primary concern and it seemed no amount of violent explosions would deter them from whatever their task was. The kicking had stopped for now allowing Jax to ease his coughing, the pain though was still quite unmistakable. Without notice he was scooped up from behind as one of his attackers pulled him up by the arms and towed him over to an alcove off the main pathway and clear of the still shaken crowd. "Why are you not on your ship Captain?!" The question hit Jax as somewhat odd, he expected a more sinister query from this group.

Jax slumped back to the floor when he was let go finding a not so comfy seat with his back resting up against the wall. He rubbed his side that was sore pressing to see if he had any broken ribs. His prodding produced some sharp winces but he surmised that nothing was broken, but he was no doctor. "We'll take your answer now Captain....why are you not with your ship? Last time I ask." Jax ceased his physical exam and glanced up..."Oh well I've seemed to have lost a crew member, my XO as a matter of fact, perhaps you....." The shorter fellow cut him off. "Blonde woman with a bad attitude? ....yeah we seen her."

Jax's face lit up, a break through at last he thought. "Well that's great, thanks so much lads. Now just take me to her and we'll get back to the ship." The brigands burst out in laughter and shared a few comments back and forth at Jax's expense. "Not that easy Captain, Anja has her and your ship on lock down." Wushu's Skipper though beaten and bruised still had the capacity to lose his temper. He rose to his feet slowly and ditched his casual banter and spoke in a more dire and harsh tone. "Take me to her and she better not be harmed!"
« Last Edit: August 08, 2019, 07:24:50 PM by Jax »