Home :: Help :: Team :: Members :: Login :: Register

+ Finding Serenity  » Finding Home on Ship or Shore  » SS Iscariot  » Iscariot IC 
|- SS Iscariot - Episode 1: New Beginnings  
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

collapse

* Quick Links

* Chat

Refresh History
  • Lomari: Okay, jeez, you win.
    June 14, 2019, 09:42:21 PM
  • Scout: ...wow
    June 14, 2019, 09:37:00 PM
  • noseatbelts: we.havebeen.takenoverby.bots
    June 13, 2019, 06:56:57 PM
  • Scout: sexshop-seven-days.ring.jp.gov
    June 13, 2019, 10:26:28 AM
  • Lomari: /youtube.pbs
    June 13, 2019, 01:35:28 AM
  • Lomari: sexshop-sammus-is-a-woman.tv.co.org.gov
    June 13, 2019, 01:33:58 AM
  • Rian Carpenter: sexshop-willy-its-just-ryan-reynolds-body-pillows.tv
    June 13, 2019, 01:30:57 AM
  • Lomari: Scandalous!
    June 12, 2019, 11:06:10 PM
  • Lomari: Truly
    May 14, 2019, 05:10:48 PM
  • Guest152: Fascinating
    May 14, 2019, 12:02:41 PM
  • RUNE: howdy howdy howdy!
    May 03, 2019, 11:38:30 PM
  • noseatbelts: and as mysteriously as they appeared, they vanished
    April 26, 2019, 02:04:10 PM
  • Scout: Well at least now they'er labeling their scams
    April 26, 2019, 09:38:33 AM
  • Scout: Not three times slower, a third slower
    April 25, 2019, 03:18:31 PM
  • Scout: But in like a tempo that was three times slowert han the actual song
    April 25, 2019, 03:17:48 PM
  • Scout: We had to play that song five billion times in middle school music class
    April 25, 2019, 03:17:23 PM
  • RUNE: Well somehow I just dont believe it.
    April 25, 2019, 02:05:46 PM
  • Scout: Now I've got Runaway Train stuck in my head
    April 25, 2019, 12:08:00 PM
  • noseatbelts: ::blush::
    April 24, 2019, 09:14:07 PM
  • RUNE: but you're *our* idiot madman!
    April 24, 2019, 07:47:52 PM

* Affiliated Sites

Find and vote for us at

Vote for us at
Top RP Sites

Find us on
RPG-DDistant Fantasies

Author Topic: SS Iscariot - Episode 1: New Beginnings  (Read 1138 times)

Description:
  • Captain Tightpants
  • Awards The Joss
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: SS Iscariot - Episode 1: New Beginnings
« Reply #80 on: May 17, 2019, 07:22:07 PM »

Eyes watched every move the trio made on their way through the station. A few giggled at the obvious display of their sexual proclivities, but more often than not the glances in their direction were of either distrust or devious curiosity. Their every move was reported back to this thug or that, as was the case with most new faces that came to visit. In the eyes of Iscariot, everyone was either predator or prey, and until they knew which this group turned out to be, they’d be watched accordingly.

Inside Mohammad’s shop, the drapes and fanciful fabrics hung in the windows blocked the off from most onlookers, but they were never entirely hidden. Just outside his building and across the street was a public cortex station, accessed via credits that one could purchase from just about any shop on Iscariot. A small mule rolled past the door, hiccupping and coughing up a small puff of smoke as it moved on by.

A man with a leather patch over his left eye and hair braided wildly walked to the entrance of the shop and peeked in curiously, far enough to not be completely obvious but clearly look for or at the strangers. When it was confirmed that they were in there still, he turned on his heel and walked across the walkway to the cortex station, leaning against it with forced nonchalance.

• Narrator
  • Crew
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #81 on: May 17, 2019, 07:36:05 PM »

With a smile that caught like a cold, that is to say, infectious, Mohammed clapped his hands twice in quick succession. "Of course, of course my friend. We have many many shoes. Any shoe you could want, my friend. You wish it, and I make it so." The claps reverberated throughout the store and seemed to signal a rustling in the back. Three small children, none older than 10, appeared, each's arms loaded up with shoe boxes. The children dutifully deposited them at the feet of the shop's patrons, and then disappeared back into the back. They quickly returned with more boxes and repeated this several times. Soon, Holger, Missy, and Jo were surrounded by boxes.

Within the boxes were shoes of every sort and size and color you could imagine... except for that which Holger had requested. There seemed to be a dearth of any work shoes at all. These seemed to be all formal or casual wear. "If you do not see that which you seek, I can order them no problem." Mohammed snapped his fingers, and another child appeared from beneath a table and began undoing Holger's shoe laces. More small hands reached for Missy's and Jo's as well.

« Reply #82 on: May 22, 2019, 11:09:56 PM »

The maintenance crew appeared with what one could only describe as a cloud of caution. It was pretty obvious what the ship looked like.

But what their ship actually was? Much less so and this was exactly how they wanted it.
The woman in charge of the dock crew however, was all business, and did not mask it in the slightest. As she arrived her employees began working with a degree of begrudging efficiency that allowed the process to move swiftly. All she needed was the payment for the supplies and maintenance.

Izak turned to address her request. “I guess you’re looking for me, but I have to know, are you a cash only operation? I may have to call the captain if you are, she’s out and about.”

« Reply #83 on: May 31, 2019, 02:22:04 PM »
Holger gestured to the band of brats surrounding his feet, "See to me no hands are good." He said, dragging Missy over to a nearby chair and allowing himself a sit. Unfortunately there was no other chair nearby, so the doctor would have to remain standing. That is, unless, she wanted to plop down on the floor. The children scurried and scampered, obviously well-practiced in their movements. They removed Holger's current shoes and disappeared them, to no protest from the ginger giant. He had already decided he was done with them. There was no going back. The children then held up various pairs of shoes to determine his size and fit, each touch to his bare foot prompting a slight grin. "It irritates me!" At one such touch, he threw his head back and laughed. The sight of a posse of progeny tickling the feet of a bearded brute must have been something to behold, indeed.

"Doctor see, no worry to my head am I. The shoes I find for perfect fit. I will like them, and then we go. Shoes for maybe you? Things of other kinds?" He gestured to the rest of the store, full of odds and ends, with the hand attached to Missy's, which in turn, forced her to gesture as well. Holger smiled, helpfully.

• Captain Tightpants
  • Awards The Joss
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #84 on: June 04, 2019, 02:59:17 PM »

Shuttles and smaller vessels alike lines up parallel to the rings of Iscariot, pilots peering out windows and port holes to eye their competition on either side of them. Leon had taken up a spot in the middle of the pack. Thrusters fired softly, keeping the ships in line and preventing them from bumping up against one another accidentally. Above the rings of Iscariot, the Dome was now visible to the racers. A glass half circle containing what appeared to be a lush park, an indoor and outdoor café, and plenty of interested viewers gathered to watch and bet on the race.

There was a crackle in the comms of the ships before a voice made its way through. “Racers. As you know, there will be no intentional violence on your parts, any attempts to incapacitate each other in such a way will lead to disqualification. You’re to make three full laps around the rings, ending where you started. No taking short cuts, no going under or over the station. You remain parallel to the rings,” he recited, sounding a little bored with the official part of his duties. “Now, on your mark,” he began, pausing to give the shuttles time to line up with one another. “Get set.” Engines flared up, hands tightened around controls, fingers poised over buttons. Leon looked out of the window of his ship, grinning like an idiot who thought he’d already won.

“Go!” the man shouted, accompanied by what sounded like synthesized gunfire.
Like a bat out of hell, Leon’s vessel ripped forward, the metal around his engines burning red as the thrusters were put to work. The rest of the ships pushed hard to follow after him. For now, it seemed to be a fair and innocent race.

A commotion rang through the docks as onlookers who’d been desperate to see the racers boarding their ships made their way back through the station, heading up for the Hub. They’d have to hurry if they didn’t want to miss anything. Blissfully, a man with a voice for radio reminiscent of old sepia toned times and charisma to match announced the race over the station’s emergency speakers.

“And they’re off! Leon is pulling ahead, chrome ship like a star in the dark! The others are struggling to keep up with Leon the Lion!”

The woman standing with Izak at the open cargo ramp looked back toward the dock before shaking her head and rolling her eyes. “No. That would be extraordinarily stupid,” she replied. Cash only would make her workers and herself an amazingly easy target for anyone looking to get a nice chunk of change for little to no work. “Have your captain send the credits, ship’ll be locked down until it’s all paid for,” she warned him before holding out her clipboard, “Sign here to acknowledge that you’ll pay and that you know what happens if’n you don’t,” she ordered, eyeing him with stern boredom.

• Jr. Crew
  • Some mistakes are too fun to pass up.
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #85 on: June 12, 2019, 08:12:48 AM »
“Go!”

It took every ounce of control Tereza had not to dump mass into the reactor of her shuttle and proppel it forward at maximum acceleration. Instead she shunted the throttle to seventy five percent and dove her ship towards the tightest apex one could take around the station rings. A race like this, a pure circle shoot, only one thing mattered. Stamina. Flashy flying aside once the racers sorted themselves out in terms of ship speed, which mattered to a point, they would all dig in and begin screaming their way around their circuit. Due to the ever changing vector of the race the pilots would experience tremendous G forces. It would only take perhaps fifteen to twenty seconds to lap your average station. However, at eight or more G's, most pilots would black out after only half a lap at best. And so the dance began. Pushing your body as hard as you could, taking a tight fast line around the station until you felt yourself faltering then letting off, looping out wide and allowing the G's to fall and blood to make its way back into your brain.

Tereza let the large majority of the other pilots dart ahead of her falling into line about two thirds of the way from the front. Slowly she eased her throttle into afterburner, rolling her ship so the belly faced away from the Iscariot and she began a unending upwards climb. The one time combat pilot began a breathing routine to prepare her body even as the creaking rattle of her ship told her that already the G's were climbing. Not, of course, that Tereza needed the rattle of the rustbucket she flew to tell her how many G's she was beginning to pull. The bio-diagnostics on her suit did that, flashing constant data from her blood pressure to breathing rate. And of course, the fact that her maneuver was steadily increasing the weight of her body and attempting to pool all of her fluids in her feet.

The game was finally on. The real race had begun. And now it was time to separate the wheat from the chaff.
Dark be the sky
Dense be the clouds
Thunders seem to fright
And storm will take the lives
The sun sets and rise
But the cut above will always FLY
-- Ravi Chan

« Reply #86 on: June 12, 2019, 11:01:58 PM »

Izak shrugged as she explained when her team did not work with cash. That having been said, he was not surprised at the priority on safety over anonymity. She probably had one of the few legitimate businesses on this station.

“Fair points all-round,” he said as he took the clipboard. Which, in true 'old-habits-die-hard fashion', he read from top to bottom, and even checked the reverse side of before signing. Hi signature was a simple one. It was just three large, elegant initials across the bottom of the page. “Done.” He turned the clipboard back towards her with the pen clipped at the top. “I’ll be staying here while your team gets to work to make sure  no one harasses us or wants a piece of our prize, and I’ll also send my boss your routing information. He paused and glanced up at the crew for a moment. “Anything else I would need for that aside from what’s already on the document?”

« Reply #87 on: June 14, 2019, 01:22:35 AM »
"Oh, no -- but I -- please don't-- ah--" Missy danced awkwardly in place, trying to keep her favorite heels away from grasping little fingers without actually stepping on anyone's hand. A sudden explosion of noise outside the shop distracted her, and she swiveled like a spooked rabbit while a clamor filled the streets and a tinny, garbled announcer's voice was pumped through the station. A sigh of relief. It was only some kind of sporting event, nothing to do with her or the pirates.

But that moment of distraction was all Holger needed to haul her off her feet again and drag her along with him while her shoes vanished off in the other direction, bobbing aloft on a tide of grubby hands. He certainly seemed to be enjoying himself at any rate, babbling nonsense and giggling like a kuángrén. Missy scowled fiercely at him until he turned to look at her -- nearly level with her, in spite of the fact that he was sitting while she stood -- with words of questionable reassurance. She contorted the grimace into a strained grin as he flung her arm around with his.

"Well, it does look like I'll need a new pair of shoes after all. I don't seem to have much choice in that, do I?" She meant the question to come out jokey and light-hearted, but had a rather strong suspicion that it didn't quite manage it.
I wear a TV screen on my head, play the happy channels
Channel happy thoughts, make the people happy

Put on a screen 'cause it's easier to just pretend
Mama says, "Always try to look your best."
Always try to look your best.

« Reply #88 on: June 16, 2019, 06:58:48 PM »

Much like Missy, Jo was alarmed by the onslaught of tiny hands grabbing at his worn and well-loved pair of leather boots. Unlike Missy, Jo managed to hold on to his shoes (for now) at the cost of accidentally kicking one of the children while attempting to yank his feet away from them -- not a hard kick, more of a nudge actually, but enough to make him apologize profusely before retreating into the closest thing the store had to a corner. He hated shopping, hated having salespeople approach him and ask him how he was doing and if they could help him and try to coax him into buying a combination hookah and coffee maker when all he needed was some toothpicks. He would order all his things through the cortex if it weren't for the fact that it opened the door to a whole host of different trouble.

The sudden commotion echoing from somewhere on the station made Jo jump as well, but he quickly figured it was the sound of some kind of an event and not a gunfight. Great. Good. This was fine. But only barely. The sooner they got off this station, the better. For now, he pretended to turn his attention to the assorted junk on Mohammed's shelves while still keeping an eye on Missy, Holger and Mohammed himself.
« Last Edit: June 16, 2019, 07:25:02 PM by Joakim Soong »