Home :: Help :: Team :: Members :: Login :: Register

+ Finding Serenity  » Getting Started  » RP Opportunities  » Current Ship Opportunities 
|- SS Iscariot - Empress 
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

collapse

* Quick Links

* Chat

Refresh History
  • Lomari: Okay, jeez, you win.
    June 14, 2019, 09:42:21 PM
  • Scout: ...wow
    June 14, 2019, 09:37:00 PM
  • noseatbelts: we.havebeen.takenoverby.bots
    June 13, 2019, 06:56:57 PM
  • Scout: sexshop-seven-days.ring.jp.gov
    June 13, 2019, 10:26:28 AM
  • Lomari: /youtube.pbs
    June 13, 2019, 01:35:28 AM
  • Lomari: sexshop-sammus-is-a-woman.tv.co.org.gov
    June 13, 2019, 01:33:58 AM
  • Rian Carpenter: sexshop-willy-its-just-ryan-reynolds-body-pillows.tv
    June 13, 2019, 01:30:57 AM
  • Lomari: Scandalous!
    June 12, 2019, 11:06:10 PM
  • Lomari: Truly
    May 14, 2019, 05:10:48 PM
  • Guest152: Fascinating
    May 14, 2019, 12:02:41 PM
  • RUNE: howdy howdy howdy!
    May 03, 2019, 11:38:30 PM
  • noseatbelts: and as mysteriously as they appeared, they vanished
    April 26, 2019, 02:04:10 PM
  • Scout: Well at least now they'er labeling their scams
    April 26, 2019, 09:38:33 AM
  • Scout: Not three times slower, a third slower
    April 25, 2019, 03:18:31 PM
  • Scout: But in like a tempo that was three times slowert han the actual song
    April 25, 2019, 03:17:48 PM
  • Scout: We had to play that song five billion times in middle school music class
    April 25, 2019, 03:17:23 PM
  • RUNE: Well somehow I just dont believe it.
    April 25, 2019, 02:05:46 PM
  • Scout: Now I've got Runaway Train stuck in my head
    April 25, 2019, 12:08:00 PM
  • noseatbelts: ::blush::
    April 24, 2019, 09:14:07 PM
  • RUNE: but you're *our* idiot madman!
    April 24, 2019, 07:47:52 PM

* Affiliated Sites

Find and vote for us at

Vote for us at
Top RP Sites

Find us on
RPG-DDistant Fantasies

Site Plot

Finding Serenity

Finding Serenity is an original-character roleplay set in Joss Whedon's Firefly 'Verse. Events take place after the events of the Serenity movie.

The year is 2519.

Earth-That-Was is long gone. Humans found a new group of solar systems with dozens of planets and hundreds of moons. The "Core" planets are civilised, high-tech and under Alliance control. The "Border" worlds are diverse and distinct. The "Rim" is the wild west of the 'verse and the "Black" is where our ships travel, hoping to avoid the perils of space: Alliance, pirates, and the monsters known as Reavers.

So here we are, on the "raggedy edge". This is where our characters live. There are those who stick by the Alliance Government, those who want to rise up against it, and those that just don't care either way as long as they can make a living. With every turn, every choice put forward and every decision made we are FINDING SERENITY

Author Topic: SS Iscariot - Empress  (Read 332 times)

Description: Space Station and Heist Ship
  • Captain Tightpants
  • Awards The Joss
    • View Profile
    • Awards
SS Iscariot - Empress
« on: January 14, 2019, 06:28:47 PM »

Ship Name: Empress

Station Name: SS Iscariot

Ship Design: Crucible Class Space Station + Kintaro Class Ship

Your Characters Role on Board Narrator and Gearhead/Gadgeteer.

Style of Ship: Heist Ship

Role play style: A mixture of drama/character building with segments of action to assist in the development of characters, relationships, and the building of each player's stories. Third person.
With the nature of the ship, all Episodes will be Crew-Only. However, the SpaceStation itself is open to other crews, characters, and players through Asides and official Cross Overs.

Style of Narration: Freeform style of narration with the plot moved along by the Narrator as well as player’s decisions. Players are welcome to utilize NPCs as well as to assist in the moving of the story. There will be at least one narrated post per week.

Filled Crew
Narrators: Lomari and NoSeatBelts
Pointman: Patrick ‘Tricky’ O’Doyle (RUNE)
Faceman: Johann Krüger (noseatbelts)
Wheelman: Marty Miller (humanhyperbole)
Infiltrator/Gadgeteer: Xiǎodāo Zhāng (Lomari)
Gearhead: Desmond Holt (Axe)
Grifter/Ringer: Pele Kesher (Scout)
Mercenary: Aksel “Hatchet” Munck (Scoro)

Open Crew Positions
Snoop/Cracker: - (-)
Fixer: - (-)
Mastermind: - (-)

Station Crew/Residents:
Resident/Shop: Jinmei Kwan (Chimera)
Resident/Shop: - (-)
Crew: - (-)
Crew: - (-)

Core Crew Roles
Pointman: Works with Faceman to recruit dudes and run jobs
Faceman: Replaces XO and takes a more hands on role on jobs than the Pointman while also assisting in recruiting for jobs.
Wheelman: Replaces pilot and must have experience operating terrestrial vehicles as well.
Gearhead: Replaces Mechanic, and is a talented Gadgeteer as well as Mechanic
Mercenary: Replaces Gunhand and is typically a former military turned soldier of fortune, sells skills learned for application in war and applies them to crime. Typically an explosives expert but other skills can apply. Usually trained in combat first aid.

Fluid Crew Roles:
Infiltrator: a small but capable human with a talent for getting into physically secure spaces. Usually an accomplished gymnast, contortionist, or acrobat
Snoop/Cracker: An electronics surveillance expert typically possessing a healthy amount of computer skills enabling them to monitor and manipulate information and security networks
Fixer: Professional thief
Grifter: Experienced con artist
Mastermind: Mostly retired veteran of the game, offering sometimes unsolicited advice on running jobs. Steps in on rare occasions
Ringer: An individual, working through cohesion, coercion, or unwitting manipulation, with a personal or intimate relationship with the target often serving as a distraction to the fact that they're being burgled

Space Station Information:
The Station itself is a mostly legitimate business operation that works independently from Patrick's direct presence and can honestly host a recurring cast of its own if there's enough interest down the road.

But if you want to play an Alliance ambassador bartering for increased influence, a former Browncoat turned bartender, a traveling merchant of fine clothing looking to set up shop in the conclave's temporary stalls, a courier ship's captain in need of fuel and supplies, or a former Companion seeking to go into business for themselves discreetly in a busy hub station, this is the port for you!
« Last Edit: February 11, 2019, 02:01:54 AM by Lomari »

Re: Hamburgler (WIP. Placeholder Name)

Axe
  • Administrator
  • Crew
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #1 on: January 14, 2019, 07:45:29 PM »
I am absolutely interested, but I need to sit down and actually figure out which of my characters I am going to be keeping active before I commit for sure.

• Crew
  • Come fly with me.
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: January 14, 2019, 08:07:43 PM »
I am absolutely interested, but I need to sit down and actually figure out which of my characters I am going to be keeping active before I commit for sure.
I've been doing the Konmari method of decluttering my stuff lately and the first thing I thought of when I read this was that you're konmari-ng your characters. Which ones spark joy for you, Axe? :D

Axe
  • Administrator
  • Crew
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: January 14, 2019, 09:44:06 PM »
Haha, well since you asked, short answer is probably all of them XD

Ben I will keep active in hopes that we can get Allure going again.

King I am def keeping.

Riot def keeping for now, I am really hoping my absence so soon after starting her hasn't killed my connection to her.

Desmond I really want to play somewhere, because he's just so fun.

I feel like I've kinda disconnected from Vega, so I might end up shelving him for now.

With Gryphon looking like its dying I might shelve Kas as well.... or maybe not, I love climbing inside his head XD

And Vee... I love writing her but I've felt a bit disconnected from her lately too. Maybe because Ferret has been so slow, or... idk.

• Reaver Bait
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: January 14, 2019, 10:56:35 PM »
You can't shelf Vega yet!  Who's Ava going to get self defense lessons from if Vega goes awol?

• Reaver Bait
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: January 15, 2019, 02:47:08 AM »
If you need a wheelman I've got a concept in mind.

PB: Taron Egerton

Basic concept: Dreamed of being a stunt driver/pilot his whole life. Trained to be a tank driver during the war but it ended before he could fight, then after a tragic star-squishing on his first big job as a stunt driver, he starts taking less than legal jobs. Best damn driver in the 'verse so long as you don't count that one time.

• Crew
  • Come fly with me.
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #6 on: January 18, 2019, 07:25:17 PM »
Do you think my disgraced companion character could find her way on this ship? I'd be down for plotting and explaining her backstory in more detail in the PMs. She's no stranger to breaking the rules but she'd be out of her element in an actiony setting, which could be fun.

• Narrator
  • Crew
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #7 on: January 18, 2019, 08:25:25 PM »
@Scout: Which character is that?

• Crew
  • Come fly with me.
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #8 on: January 18, 2019, 08:38:31 PM »
I haven't posted an application for her yet because there hasn't been a good spot for her to play.

Re: SS Iscariot - Empress

• Captain Tightpants
  • Awards The Joss
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #9 on: February 03, 2019, 04:12:41 AM »
@Scout:
I could see her being a good Grifter or Ringer. With her companion skills and knowledge of people on the wealthier spectrum.

@Axe:
Any thoughts on if you're wanting to bring us Desmond? I'd love it. A lot. *drools*

Edit: Added a Station Crew/Station Resident area so even if you don't think there's a position you want on the ship, you're welcome to play on the station! :)
« Last Edit: February 03, 2019, 05:07:53 AM by Lomari »

Axe
  • Administrator
  • Crew
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #10 on: February 03, 2019, 04:44:56 AM »
Haha. I'm still a little on the fence, but yeah unless I get some inspiration for a new character I'll probably bring Desmond. Either to the station or the ship

• Crew
  • Come fly with me.
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #11 on: February 03, 2019, 06:07:58 PM »
@Scout:
I could see her being a good Grifter or Ringer. With her companion skills and knowledge of people on the wealthier spectrum.

Mind reserving me a spot then? I'll try to get an app up next week and then we can tweak it to fit the story (been struggling with a cold again, sigh...)

• Reaver Bait
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #12 on: February 03, 2019, 06:59:38 PM »
Scout - do you have plans for your character to have a legitimate business on the station?  Because after having a total lack of inspiration connected to this story idea, I have suddenly come up with a contortionist/forger character who would be running a place on the station called (chinese for) Sacred Oasis; a business designed to help alleviate the stress of being disconnected from earth by providing an artistically pleasing, natural setting in which people can activate their minds and bodies through exercise, meditation and a variety of different things to do and buy.  It could include a tea shop, a massage parlor, a (fill in the blank with any sort of related business)...  My character could teach yoga and sell paintings, and she could use a business partner!

• Captain Tightpants
  • Awards The Joss
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #13 on: February 03, 2019, 07:06:08 PM »
@Scout: Spot reserved!

@Chimera & Scout: That’s fun! And entirely possible. It’s always a possibility  for crew to switch between being on the ship for a job or being on the station when not needed or not interested.
« Last Edit: February 03, 2019, 07:10:03 PM by Lomari »

• Crew
  • Come fly with me.
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #14 on: February 03, 2019, 07:37:43 PM »
Scout - do you have plans for your character to have a legitimate business on the station?  Because after having a total lack of inspiration connected to this story idea, I have suddenly come up with a contortionist/forger character who would be running a place on the station called (chinese for) Sacred Oasis; a business designed to help alleviate the stress of being disconnected from earth by providing an artistically pleasing, natural setting in which people can activate their minds and bodies through exercise, meditation and a variety of different things to do and buy.  It could include a tea shop, a massage parlor, a (fill in the blank with any sort of related business)...  My character could teach yoga and sell paintings, and she could use a business partner!

That sounds like a fun idea, but I'm afraid it wouldn't fit with this particular character concept. In a nutshell, she was raised in a very demanding rich family that kind of railroaded her into the companion business, she got kicked out of the guild for stealing from the customers, disowned by her family and since then she's been basically living her rebellious-teenager-finding-herself phase about ten years late. I'd like to play her as someone who's just left the core and doesn't really know what to do with herself.

• Reaver Bait
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #15 on: February 03, 2019, 08:06:44 PM »
That sounds like a fun idea, but I'm afraid it wouldn't fit with this particular character concept.

That's okay.  She can always stop by for tea! 

• Crew
  • Come fly with me.
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #16 on: February 04, 2019, 11:37:50 AM »
She deffo will!

Axe
  • Administrator
  • Crew
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #17 on: February 21, 2019, 01:08:40 AM »
Thread moved to Current Ship Opportunities since we're live now, but there are still spots open!