Home :: Help :: Team :: Members :: Login :: Register

+ Finding Serenity  » Getting Started  » RP Opportunities 
|- Looking for a place to play 
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

collapse

* Quick Links

* Chat

Refresh History
  • PurpleRiver: Yes, fabulous Briar post!
    November 17, 2018, 08:57:14 PM
  • Scout: We should start a club
    November 15, 2018, 07:17:47 AM
  • Axe: Me three :/
    November 15, 2018, 04:43:08 AM
  • Scout: And you take care!
    November 14, 2018, 02:03:52 PM
  • Lomari: Same. :( Take your time!
    November 13, 2018, 08:51:11 PM
  • Scout: That's nice to hear especially since I've been struggling with motivation lately, even for things I enjoy
    November 12, 2018, 08:32:42 PM
  • Scout: Aww, thanks
    November 12, 2018, 08:32:25 PM
  • Lomari: That post with Briar was so gooood. Adoooorable.
    November 12, 2018, 08:31:24 PM
  • Scout: Still struggling with that >_> but I'm checking the site to keep up
    November 11, 2018, 08:39:44 PM
  • Lomari: I feel ya
    November 05, 2018, 11:36:12 PM
  • Scout: Sorry if I'm being slow to post, my seasonal depression has been kicking my ass for the past week or so
    November 04, 2018, 09:37:51 PM
  • Axe: So apologies in advance, but I might not be around much this weekend. Real stressful week. Discord notifications turned off, etc. If you absolutely need to get a hold of me send me a PM on the site
    November 03, 2018, 01:45:41 AM
  • PurpleRiver: I THINK the crew manifests are once again up to date. :) Captains/Narrs please PLEASE check them and keep an eye on them. If you can't keep them updated yourself, a quick PM to let me know who is leaving/joining will do just fine.
    October 29, 2018, 11:52:59 AM
  • Axe: Busy day today, I should be able to approve some apps and reply to pms and stuff tomorrow
    October 25, 2018, 06:26:28 PM
  • Axe: Shiny!
    October 24, 2018, 08:25:01 PM
  • Scout: I also sent you a PM
    October 24, 2018, 06:31:58 PM
  • Scout: All done! I aged her down one year and tweaked the years in her bio
    October 24, 2018, 06:17:42 PM
  • Axe: Just lemme know when you're finished and I will move her bacl
    October 24, 2018, 06:16:19 PM
  • Axe: Moved!
    October 24, 2018, 06:02:12 PM
  • Scout: Thanks!
    October 24, 2018, 06:00:58 PM

* Affiliated Sites

Find and vote for us at

Vote for us at
Top RP Sites

Find us on
RPG-DDistant Fantasies

Site Plot

Finding Serenity

Finding Serenity is an original-character roleplay set in Joss Whedon's Firefly 'Verse. Events take place after the events of the Serenity movie.

The year is 2519.

Earth-That-Was is long gone. Humans found a new group of solar systems with dozens of planets and hundreds of moons. The "Core" planets are civilised, high-tech and under Alliance control. The "Border" worlds are diverse and distinct. The "Rim" is the wild west of the 'verse and the "Black" is where our ships travel, hoping to avoid the perils of space: Alliance, pirates, and the monsters known as Reavers.

So here we are, on the "raggedy edge". This is where our characters live. There are those who stick by the Alliance Government, those who want to rise up against it, and those that just don't care either way as long as they can make a living. With every turn, every choice put forward and every decision made we are FINDING SERENITY

Author Topic: Looking for a place to play  (Read 40 times)

Description:
  • Administrator
  • Crew
  • The Original FS Pirate
  • Awards Video editors with featured character or ship videos
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Looking for a place to play
« on: October 29, 2018, 01:38:53 PM »
So, I have MARA BLAKE.

I really want to find somewhere for her to play. There was talk about her joining the Revenge but the plot there is so focused on getting the ship etc that getting Mara aboard anytime soon without derailing that is unlikely.

Honestly, she'd fit almost anywhere, she's got a range of skills, it's just that I need a character connection. The story is that she is a Browncoat terrorist who has just lost everything. Her crew, her husband, her home.

The character connection needs to be simply someone she knows A. can get her a place to stay and B. wouldn't sell her out to the Alliance (the rest of the crew may have questionable loyalties, that's fine).

So - who can give me a place to play?

Re: Looking for a place to play

• Narrator
  • Sr. Crew
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #1 on: October 29, 2018, 05:03:47 PM »
We were actually still waiting to see if you were down to play in revenge. Axe and I were going to say age was in the third team of two with Chris. If you still want to.

• Administrator
  • Crew
  • The Original FS Pirate
  • Awards Video editors with featured character or ship videos
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: October 29, 2018, 06:01:46 PM »
Oh, I'm sorry if I hadn't made that clear. I want to play Mara literally right after having been attacked, down and out and lost everything. I don't want to skip over that and already have her with a crew, so it doesn't make sense with how I want to play her for her to already be in on the job with you guys. I'd have to wait until you guys have played out getting the ship etc.

« Last Edit: October 29, 2018, 06:05:13 PM by PurpleRiver »

• Reaver Bait
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: October 30, 2018, 05:45:11 PM »
Revenge - Prologue the down and out?

Darling - Find her barely alive in a malfunctioned escape pod amidst the wreckage we're salvaging?

Wushu - We just landed on Newhall. Maybe she knows Jax? There's room for another Gunhand/Passenger, and Abigail has recently departed leaving a void in the CO spot.

Just a couple ideas. Allure is pretty Core-friendly, about to be full of Alliance. The other ships I dont know anything about.

• Narrator
  • Crew
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: October 30, 2018, 08:29:44 PM »
So, I have MARA BLAKE.

I really want to find somewhere for her to play. There was talk about her joining the Revenge but the plot there is so focused on getting the ship etc that getting Mara aboard anytime soon without derailing that is unlikely.

Honestly, she'd fit almost anywhere, she's got a range of skills, it's just that I need a character connection. The story is that she is a Browncoat terrorist who has just lost everything. Her crew, her husband, her home.

The character connection needs to be simply someone she knows A. can get her a place to stay and B. wouldn't sell her out to the Alliance (the rest of the crew may have questionable loyalties, that's fine).

So - who can give me a place to play?

Ronin could be a place. We are currently on the moon Summerfair about to rob a local crime boss' bank. Helena will be leaving but is currently on board the ship.

She may have heard of Lin or perhaps a former crew member like Abigail Archer or another character whose name she can use to get a berth on board. Ronin can always use a gunhand with some extra skills. Plus, Lin will not care if she was Browncoat terrorist or wanted by the Alliance.