Home :: Help :: Team :: Members :: Login :: Register

+ Finding Serenity  » Cortex  » Personal Messages 
|- TO: Chris Carson / FROM: Daniel Blake 
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

collapse

* Quick Links

* Chat

Refresh History
  • Scout: Thought I could get some posts done today or tomorrow but suddenly, workload!
    October 17, 2018, 03:39:05 PM
  • Axe: Woo!
    October 15, 2018, 12:16:43 AM
  • Desertpuma: new Ferret post!
    October 14, 2018, 10:13:12 PM
  • Lomari: Sent you a PM, PR.
    October 14, 2018, 04:51:43 PM
  • Lomari: Yay! <3
    October 12, 2018, 09:15:15 PM
  • PurpleRiver: *** These are gold stars for Lomari for updating the crew manifests for the Revenge and Darling. THANKS! :-D
    October 12, 2018, 09:06:41 PM
  • Rolemancer: Heads Up!....Will be MIA until Tuesday.
    October 12, 2018, 12:14:36 AM
  • Scout: Ughhhh I wish I had time for more characters
    October 11, 2018, 09:00:28 PM
  • Axe: Alright I am off to D&D, see yall later
    October 11, 2018, 08:57:37 PM
  • Lomari: Sent!
    October 11, 2018, 08:24:27 PM
  • Lomari: Will do!
    October 11, 2018, 08:20:26 PM
  • PurpleRiver: Yeah, PM me a small pic and a brief description when you can, please.
    October 11, 2018, 08:14:01 PM
  • noseatbelts: woohoo
    October 11, 2018, 08:10:05 PM
  • Axe: Yeah! They;re looking like a great bunch!
    October 11, 2018, 08:10:02 PM
  • PurpleRiver: Looks like we're getting a new ship, eh! The Darling. LOVE the characters I've read for it.
    October 11, 2018, 08:08:14 PM
  • PurpleRiver: hehe exactly what I was going for! :)
    October 11, 2018, 07:58:11 PM
  • Scout: Lmao David and his dad rock
    October 11, 2018, 07:00:30 PM
  • Scout: I hardly got to play him in the main game because I got swamped with stuff and had to shelve everyone
    October 11, 2018, 06:51:26 PM
  • Scout: Yeah we had a prologue between them
    October 11, 2018, 06:51:03 PM
  • PurpleRiver: And SCOUT I'd forgotten how much I like Caden. We had him and Erica get together briefly, didn't we?
    October 11, 2018, 06:50:13 PM

* Affiliated Sites

Find and vote for us at

Vote for us at
Top RP Sites

Find us on
RPG-DDistant Fantasies

Site Plot

Finding Serenity

Finding Serenity is an original-character roleplay set in Joss Whedon's Firefly 'Verse. Events take place after the events of the Serenity movie.

The year is 2519.

Earth-That-Was is long gone. Humans found a new group of solar systems with dozens of planets and hundreds of moons. The "Core" planets are civilised, high-tech and under Alliance control. The "Border" worlds are diverse and distinct. The "Rim" is the wild west of the 'verse and the "Black" is where our ships travel, hoping to avoid the perils of space: Alliance, pirates, and the monsters known as Reavers.

So here we are, on the "raggedy edge". This is where our characters live. There are those who stick by the Alliance Government, those who want to rise up against it, and those that just don't care either way as long as they can make a living. With every turn, every choice put forward and every decision made we are FINDING SERENITY

Author Topic: TO: Chris Carson / FROM: Daniel Blake  (Read 55 times)

Description: Recorded Video Message
TO: Chris Carson / FROM: Daniel Blake
« on: July 27, 2018, 07:41:43 PM »
The first thing seen on the screen is a shot of the sky. It's bright, clear blue. A couple birds of prey can be seen wheeling about in the distance. At the bottom of the screen is a tuft of brown, curly hair.

"Go-se, go-se, tah mah duh!"

Mara's voice can be heard, filled with more anger and frustration than Chris has ever heard in her.

"Please God, work! I'm begging you..."

Her voice is becoming panicked, absolutely desperate. The screen shakes up and down; a tell-tale sign that the person holding the device was running. The face that pops in and out of view is Mara's but it is completely unfamiliar to Chris: instead of the calm, sedate, and on rare occasions cheerful face has been replaced with one racked with fear, grief and anxiety.

And then there is a brief flutter of picture and the sounds of someone diving to the ground. Mara's face appears centre screen - apparently she has sat down behind some kind of building.

"Oh thank God. Carson? Are you there?"

Mara looks into the screen, desperately searching for his reply. Of course it's obvious to Chris that this is a recorded message; there was no request for a live wave. Mara never was any good with technology. She waits for several more agonising seconds. It looks like she's going to cry...

"Carson?" she asks faintly. "I just don't have anyone else to call..."

She looks around on the screen; she's trying to figure out what's gone wrong. Either she figures it out or simply decides to continue because she's got no other options.

"We were attacked," she explains. Her voice levels out as she goes on. She's pulling herself together because she has to. She takes a deep breath. Her steely resolve is coming back. The Mara Chris knows is still there, fighting through.

"Those gorram Purple-Bellies found us. I don't know how but they found us. We're done."

There's a pause; there's something she is trying to say but she just can't form the words. Whatever it is seems like it is choking her.

"It's just me. I'm still on Ezra. I need help. I need... I need someplace to go, to get off-world, to lay low..."

There's a pause.

"I hope this gets through."

She pushes a button to end the recording and the message is sent.