Home :: Help :: Team :: Members :: Login :: Register

+ Finding Serenity  » General Chat  » General Discussion 
|- My first time narrating! 
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

collapse

* Quick Links

* Chat

Refresh History
  • Scout: Thought I could get some posts done today or tomorrow but suddenly, workload!
    October 17, 2018, 03:39:05 PM
  • Axe: Woo!
    October 15, 2018, 12:16:43 AM
  • Desertpuma: new Ferret post!
    October 14, 2018, 10:13:12 PM
  • Lomari: Sent you a PM, PR.
    October 14, 2018, 04:51:43 PM
  • Lomari: Yay! <3
    October 12, 2018, 09:15:15 PM
  • PurpleRiver: *** These are gold stars for Lomari for updating the crew manifests for the Revenge and Darling. THANKS! :-D
    October 12, 2018, 09:06:41 PM
  • Rolemancer: Heads Up!....Will be MIA until Tuesday.
    October 12, 2018, 12:14:36 AM
  • Scout: Ughhhh I wish I had time for more characters
    October 11, 2018, 09:00:28 PM
  • Axe: Alright I am off to D&D, see yall later
    October 11, 2018, 08:57:37 PM
  • Lomari: Sent!
    October 11, 2018, 08:24:27 PM
  • Lomari: Will do!
    October 11, 2018, 08:20:26 PM
  • PurpleRiver: Yeah, PM me a small pic and a brief description when you can, please.
    October 11, 2018, 08:14:01 PM
  • noseatbelts: woohoo
    October 11, 2018, 08:10:05 PM
  • Axe: Yeah! They;re looking like a great bunch!
    October 11, 2018, 08:10:02 PM
  • PurpleRiver: Looks like we're getting a new ship, eh! The Darling. LOVE the characters I've read for it.
    October 11, 2018, 08:08:14 PM
  • PurpleRiver: hehe exactly what I was going for! :)
    October 11, 2018, 07:58:11 PM
  • Scout: Lmao David and his dad rock
    October 11, 2018, 07:00:30 PM
  • Scout: I hardly got to play him in the main game because I got swamped with stuff and had to shelve everyone
    October 11, 2018, 06:51:26 PM
  • Scout: Yeah we had a prologue between them
    October 11, 2018, 06:51:03 PM
  • PurpleRiver: And SCOUT I'd forgotten how much I like Caden. We had him and Erica get together briefly, didn't we?
    October 11, 2018, 06:50:13 PM

* Affiliated Sites

Find and vote for us at

Vote for us at
Top RP Sites

Find us on
RPG-DDistant Fantasies

Site Plot

Finding Serenity

Finding Serenity is an original-character roleplay set in Joss Whedon's Firefly 'Verse. Events take place after the events of the Serenity movie.

The year is 2519.

Earth-That-Was is long gone. Humans found a new group of solar systems with dozens of planets and hundreds of moons. The "Core" planets are civilised, high-tech and under Alliance control. The "Border" worlds are diverse and distinct. The "Rim" is the wild west of the 'verse and the "Black" is where our ships travel, hoping to avoid the perils of space: Alliance, pirates, and the monsters known as Reavers.

So here we are, on the "raggedy edge". This is where our characters live. There are those who stick by the Alliance Government, those who want to rise up against it, and those that just don't care either way as long as they can make a living. With every turn, every choice put forward and every decision made we are FINDING SERENITY

Poll

What type of ship would people like to play?

Space Pirates!
4 (44.4%)
Deep Rim Exploration Vessel!
3 (33.3%)
Space Pirate Hunters!
2 (22.2%)

Total Members Voted: 9

Author Topic: My first time narrating!  (Read 237 times)

Description:
Axe
  • Administrator
  • Crew
    • View Profile
    • Awards
My first time narrating!
« on: July 09, 2018, 05:24:05 PM »
EDIT THE SECOND: OKAY. SO. The Pirate ship is for sure a go, and I will get its app up in New Ship Ideas sometime in the next few days.

So far I've got a captain and a pilot for sure, and I think a mechanic? Maybe? If you're interested, shoot me a message on here (or discord), or wait for the thread to go up.

ALSO I am open to maybe narrating a crew of pirate hunters or a deep rim exploration ship a little bit later on. Depending on how much work narrating one ship turns out to be :P

EDIT THE FIRST: So I'm gonna reset the poll to just the top three sometime tomorrow or Friday and then do one more round of voting. I feel like Space Pirates are probably going to win? But we'll see

So I have decided to try my hand at narrating a ship!

I'm still figuring out stuff, but I wanted to gauge peoples interest.

I have a couple ideas so far, and I'm gonna add a poll, so please vote if you're interested!

Edits to follow
« Last Edit: July 17, 2018, 01:26:59 AM by Axe »

Re: My first time narrating!

• Narrator
  • Crew
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #1 on: July 11, 2018, 12:57:43 AM »
I'll just say good luck!

Oh, and, select a good ship floorplan. Let me know if you want an idea I had bouncing in my head for a specific ship and its former Captain

• Narrator
  • Sr. Crew
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: July 11, 2018, 11:52:48 PM »
You can do eet!

Once the ship has been figured out I'll brainstorm characters. :D
I'd love to be on a ship you narrate! I know you'll be amazing at it!

Axe
  • Administrator
  • Crew
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: July 13, 2018, 05:07:11 PM »
Poll updated! I think Space Pirates will probably end up winning though.

• Administrator
  • Crew
  • The Original FS Pirate
  • Awards Video editors with featured character or ship videos
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: July 15, 2018, 12:44:32 PM »
Well, as the self-proclaimed, first space pirate on FS (is that a little arrogant?) I'm all for a space-pirate boat, but I would LOVE to explore the other side of space pirates and be a pirate-hunter.

I actually have a character, played by Ryan Reynolds, who was a Federal Alliance Agent who got into trouble and was "demoted" to pirate hunter duty...

But I could also totally enjoy playing a 2nd Gen pirate... like Captain Battles progeny or bring Josie Hawkins (younger sister of legendary Will Hawkins) back...

• Crew
  • Come fly with me.
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: July 15, 2018, 03:36:23 PM »
I originally voted for space pirates because of Captain Battle nostalgia but the other side of the coin also sounds really interesting. Not sure where to cast my vote, or whether to get involved for that matter. I'm conflicted because I'm really excited to see Axe in narrator action and would love to be a part of it, but on the other hand I've had my heart set on rebooting my disgraced companion Pele next instead of creating a new character and I don't know if she would fit any of these concepts. Maybe she would?

Gah, decisions, decisions...

• Administrator
  • Crew
  • The Original FS Pirate
  • Awards Video editors with featured character or ship videos
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #6 on: July 15, 2018, 04:50:36 PM »
Well since Pele knew Battle... Perhaps some kind of connection could be forged because of that?

• Crew
  • Come fly with me.
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #7 on: July 15, 2018, 05:22:26 PM »
That would work if I decided to make this a continuation of Pele mark one, instead of a tweaked reboot. It's a good idea and a good plotting opportunity, but unfortunately I have a frustratingly fuzzy recollection of the events on Seraph and there's such a big time gap to fill with off-screen character development that I don't know if I could pull it off smoothly and feel like I'm being faithful to the character. :-\

Axe
  • Administrator
  • Crew
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #8 on: July 15, 2018, 09:40:46 PM »
Well... I mean... the execution of them would be quite similar... I suppose I could maybe do both? Pirates and Pirate hunters? Is that to ambitious an undertaking for my first time narrating? Lol

« Reply #9 on: July 17, 2018, 12:32:23 AM »
Ohhhhh I smell a cross over..... ;D

Axe
  • Administrator
  • Crew
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #10 on: July 17, 2018, 01:25:59 AM »
OKAY. SO. The Pirate ship is for sure a go, and I will get its app up in New Ship Ideas sometime in the next few days.

So far I've got a captain and a pilot for sure, and I think a mechanic? Maybe? If you're interested, shoot me a message on here (or discord), or wait for the thread to go up.

ALSO I am open to maybe narrating a crew of pirate hunters or a deep rim exploration ship a little bit later on. Depending on how much work narrating one ship turns out to be :P