Home :: Help :: Team :: Members :: Login :: Register

+ Finding Serenity  » Finding Home on Ship or Shore  » Gryphon  » Gryphon OOC 
|- OOC 
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

collapse

* Quick Links

* Chat

Refresh History
  • PurpleRiver: Yes, fabulous Briar post!
    November 17, 2018, 08:57:14 PM
  • Scout: We should start a club
    November 15, 2018, 07:17:47 AM
  • Axe: Me three :/
    November 15, 2018, 04:43:08 AM
  • Scout: And you take care!
    November 14, 2018, 02:03:52 PM
  • Lomari: Same. :( Take your time!
    November 13, 2018, 08:51:11 PM
  • Scout: That's nice to hear especially since I've been struggling with motivation lately, even for things I enjoy
    November 12, 2018, 08:32:42 PM
  • Scout: Aww, thanks
    November 12, 2018, 08:32:25 PM
  • Lomari: That post with Briar was so gooood. Adoooorable.
    November 12, 2018, 08:31:24 PM
  • Scout: Still struggling with that >_> but I'm checking the site to keep up
    November 11, 2018, 08:39:44 PM
  • Lomari: I feel ya
    November 05, 2018, 11:36:12 PM
  • Scout: Sorry if I'm being slow to post, my seasonal depression has been kicking my ass for the past week or so
    November 04, 2018, 09:37:51 PM
  • Axe: So apologies in advance, but I might not be around much this weekend. Real stressful week. Discord notifications turned off, etc. If you absolutely need to get a hold of me send me a PM on the site
    November 03, 2018, 01:45:41 AM
  • PurpleRiver: I THINK the crew manifests are once again up to date. :) Captains/Narrs please PLEASE check them and keep an eye on them. If you can't keep them updated yourself, a quick PM to let me know who is leaving/joining will do just fine.
    October 29, 2018, 11:52:59 AM
  • Axe: Busy day today, I should be able to approve some apps and reply to pms and stuff tomorrow
    October 25, 2018, 06:26:28 PM
  • Axe: Shiny!
    October 24, 2018, 08:25:01 PM
  • Scout: I also sent you a PM
    October 24, 2018, 06:31:58 PM
  • Scout: All done! I aged her down one year and tweaked the years in her bio
    October 24, 2018, 06:17:42 PM
  • Axe: Just lemme know when you're finished and I will move her bacl
    October 24, 2018, 06:16:19 PM
  • Axe: Moved!
    October 24, 2018, 06:02:12 PM
  • Scout: Thanks!
    October 24, 2018, 06:00:58 PM

* Affiliated Sites

Find and vote for us at

Vote for us at
Top RP Sites

Find us on
RPG-DDistant Fantasies

Author Topic: OOC  (Read 1031 times)

Description:
Axe
  • Administrator
  • Crew
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: OCC
« Reply #40 on: July 22, 2018, 06:31:02 PM »
AXE: Ah, I thought all Kas' backstory happened before he joined Tara. I thought Tara was the ship he joined when "he set off, to heal, to find a job, preferably on a ship, and to continue stitching the pattern of his life."
Cool cool. Yeah, Lucky's not dangerous. Haha So Kas would know that. I suppose he would see that Lucky is the type of man that if he was really pushed, he possibly *could* be dangerous... but he's not. That's basically what I meant about Kas taking him seriously. :)

Yeah... Like I said I am not quite sure on the timing, but I figured he was hired on some time ago for a short while, then everyone went to ground, then the final events of his backstory happened then, he reached out to Silje to see if she knew of a ship in need, and here we are. It might be a little hand wavy, butttttt yeah XD

Re: OOC

• Administrator
  • Crew
  • The Original FS Pirate
  • Awards Video editors with featured character or ship videos
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #41 on: July 22, 2018, 07:22:42 PM »
I don't see how discussing character relationships in the OOC keeps the game from moving forward.

I'm just trying to build some flavour and depth.

« Reply #42 on: July 23, 2018, 08:54:04 PM »
I would think there must be some relationship between Monte And Lucky as well.  🧐🤔

• A Role to Die for!
  • Captain
  • Sr. Crew
  • Playin' for Keeps!
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #43 on: July 23, 2018, 11:42:02 PM »
Monte is just a contact Lucky was sent to meet. Drogo set up the meeting as the information was originally for him but he is having it passed on to Tara via Lucky. There is no previous knowledge of each other outside of what Tara would have told Lucky about Mister Furlong.

Also....
Kat is moving us along so we can get on to finding Lucky. Everyone post as you like working your way over to the....Butcher Shop?  :(

Once everyone arrives we will ask Miss Baptist what she knows.

« Last Edit: July 23, 2018, 11:49:49 PM by Rolemancer »

« Reply #44 on: July 24, 2018, 12:00:56 AM »
That is NOT what i meant. i meant like...moo cow. butcher shop....hahaha

• Administrator
  • Crew
  • The Original FS Pirate
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #45 on: July 24, 2018, 07:44:39 PM »
I would think there must be some relationship between Monte And Lucky as well. 

Hey, I'm game. Anything in mind? Maybe it's something even Tara isn't aware of. hehe Or Lucky could just know his reputation.
« Last Edit: July 24, 2018, 07:46:35 PM by PurpleRiver »

« Reply #46 on: July 29, 2018, 03:09:06 PM »
If Monte is the source of the information (per our PM) I’d think Lucky would have at least a bit more than reputation contact for him. Even if just a previous transaction. Maybe another job contact to form trust that the information Monte has is valid.
« Last Edit: July 30, 2018, 10:20:19 AM by Monte Furlong »

« Reply #47 on: July 30, 2018, 01:45:50 AM »
Silje... sorry I missed the introduction, but I kept being told the others weren’t anywhere near Monte. So I wasn’t sure who she had approached with an introduction.

• Narrator
  • Sr. Crew
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #48 on: July 30, 2018, 01:55:20 AM »
Silje... sorry I missed the introduction, but I kept being told the others weren’t anywhere near Monte. So I wasn’t sure who she had approached with an introduction.

“Giving the man Kas was facing a good once over, she lifted her chin in a manner of greeting. "Silje... and you are?"”

Kas was facing Monte. And Silje said she approached the group in that same post.

“With Kat and Tara now removed from the group, Silje felt there was no need to be removed from the group. One hand motioned for Ophelia to join her.
Ambling over she gave a quick whistle, more as a warning to Kas, though he'd probably ”

• Crew
  • Come fly with me.
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #49 on: July 30, 2018, 08:06:46 AM »
To be honest I thought Silje was talking to Maley when I read that post. Things get a little scrambled with scenes with so many people. :)

« Reply #50 on: July 30, 2018, 09:47:24 AM »
Stuff happens. Lot of characters moving around. *shrug* Just made the best of it I could and had Silje joke about. Now, let's go get Lucky (the character.... not... you know what I mean...)!

« Reply #51 on: July 30, 2018, 10:11:15 AM »
Thanks. I was really getting confused by so many and not being specific as to who she was addressing. I’m just not sure how Monte feels about this crowd funding a secret mission. Lol

• Crew
  • Come fly with me.
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #52 on: July 30, 2018, 10:32:43 AM »
Stuff happens. Lot of characters moving around. *shrug* Just made the best of it I could and had Silje joke about. Now, let's go get Lucky (the character.... not... you know what I mean...)!

If there's going to be another thread in this episode I'm requesting we call it "Up All Night to Get Lucky". ;)

• Narrator
  • Sr. Crew
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #53 on: July 30, 2018, 02:23:00 PM »
Thanks. I was really getting confused by so many and not being specific as to who she was addressing. I’m just not sure how Monte feels about this crowd funding a secret mission. Lol

Asking for clarification when confused is never a bad idea.
Now, let’s move on to save Lucky.

• Administrator
  • Crew
  • The Original FS Pirate
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #54 on: August 06, 2018, 02:00:47 PM »
If Monte is the source of the information (per our PM) I’d think Lucky would have at least a bit more than reputation contact for him. Even if just a previous transaction. Maybe another job contact to form trust that the information Monte has is valid.

Yeah, I totally agree. I think Lucky and Monte should know each other. I reckon Monte's lack of diplomacy and Lucky's tendency to get into trouble would have had them a fine adventure at some point. I'm not too fussed about figuring out the details of their previous work together (unless you want to) but I could see them as definitely having a bond over a past adventure together. I mean, depending how far you want to push it, it might be nice for Lucky to actually have a real friend out there in the 'verse!

Quote from: Lomari
Asking for clarification when confused is never a bad idea.

It's hard to ask for clarification when you don't know you've missed something.
A better idea is for the other person to ask, "Hey, did you mean to have your character ignore my character or did you misunderstand/misread my post?"

I mean, if a player doesn't say in their post "My character ignores the other character" maybe it's a good guess that it wasn't an intentional IC snubbing.

Just sayin'.

Quote from: Kat
"Well let me tell you something.  If you don't give the tablet to Silje I will start taking parts of you, piece by piece, and send them to your father. And trust me, you'll be alive, I won't give you the satisfaction of death. Oh no, I'll keep you, and dismember you until there's nothing left. Got it?" Kat looked directly into the girls eyes, conflicted with her actions as a doctor, but as a the member of a prominent crime family that was born into violence she was unphased. Perhaps there was no hope for her after all.
Quote from: Silje
”Or maybe, Kas and I can have some fun with her dogs and let her listen.” A new smile started across Silje’s face, dark and wicked

Oh my WORD! I hope they are bluffing. Not what I expected.

I can see Lucky's reaction if he had been there...

Lucky's head jerked in surprise and he closed his eyes for a brief moment as he took in the sick and twisted words of Kat and Silje. He turned to look at them, his head cocked slightly on the side, as he he blinked. "Oh my God," he exclaimed in the long-drawn out drawl of Three Hills. "What is the matter with you two?" Even scolding them as he was, his tone had that ever-present lilt of joviality that was part of his 'charm'. "Her dogs?!" He shook his head and looked for a second at Ophelia, apologetic on behalf of his two crewmates. He glanced back at both Kat and Silje. "You two seriously need a hobby."

Come on guys! I'm writing would-be reactions in the OOC! Come get Lucky already!

(That was for you, Scout. See what I did there?)
« Last Edit: August 06, 2018, 02:07:35 PM by PurpleRiver »

Axe
  • Administrator
  • Crew
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #55 on: August 06, 2018, 04:24:03 PM »
It's hard to ask for clarification when you don't know you've missed something.

This is true, we all miss things or misread or misunderstand posts sometimes, but also

Thanks. I was really getting confused by so many and not being specific as to who she was addressing.

If you're confused about something, that is the perfect time to ask for clarification ;)
« Last Edit: August 06, 2018, 04:32:13 PM by Axe »

• A Role to Die for!
  • Captain
  • Sr. Crew
  • Playin' for Keeps!
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #56 on: August 06, 2018, 11:31:42 PM »
They're violent women! ;)

« Reply #57 on: August 07, 2018, 10:03:58 PM »
Been away for a week long vacation. Will be catching up shortly.

• A Role to Die for!
  • Captain
  • Sr. Crew
  • Playin' for Keeps!
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #58 on: August 23, 2018, 10:18:26 AM »
We are out of the Butcher Shop. post away!

• Crew
  • Come fly with me.
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #59 on: September 12, 2018, 06:05:34 PM »
So if group one is Tara, Ophelia, Monte and Kat, group two is Silje, Maley, Mattie and Kas, right? Just checking. :)