Home :: Help :: Team :: Members :: Login :: Register

+ Finding Serenity  » Finding Home on Ship or Shore  » Wushu  » Wushu IC 
|- THE REPOSSESSION MAMBO 
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

collapse

* Quick Links

* Chat

Refresh History
  • Scout: Hopefully I'll get my groove back soon
    Today at 10:55:11 AM
  • Scout: Sorry for being slow with my posts and the app, I've been suffering from a lack of motivation lately (not just with this site, in general)
    Today at 10:55:02 AM
  • Scout: Thanks!
    August 01, 2018, 10:41:10 AM
  • Rolemancer: SignAvatar.com
    August 01, 2018, 10:13:11 AM
  • Rolemancer: [link]
    August 01, 2018, 10:12:22 AM
  • Scout: Hey Role, what was the site you use to make your user image rotate between several pictures?
    July 31, 2018, 10:02:34 AM
  • Silje Falk: Happens to me sometimes too. I just try again or hit the home button and try again
    July 29, 2018, 07:41:46 PM
  • Axe: Honestly dont know what could be causing that... I havent experienced that issue myself. Only things I can think of are update your browser? Or clear your cache maybe? (Am not a tech guy)
    July 29, 2018, 07:41:11 PM
  • Monte Furlong: I keep getting session failed error when trying to switch accounts.
    July 29, 2018, 01:45:33 PM
  • Axe: That is pretty weird. I logged out and back in a couple times and didnt get anything... Hmm
    July 27, 2018, 08:09:28 PM
  • Scout: It's been saying it for a while but I keep forgetting to bring it up because I usually stay logged in
    July 27, 2018, 08:00:07 PM
  • Scout: I won't be able to get on the computer for the weekend but I'll check again when  I get back
    July 27, 2018, 07:59:40 PM
  • Scout: It should be
    July 27, 2018, 07:59:13 PM
  • Axe: Odd, I havent beent getting anything like that... Is your firefox up to date?
    July 27, 2018, 07:56:19 PM
  • Scout: Whenever I log in
    July 27, 2018, 06:45:52 PM
  • Scout: expired
    July 27, 2018, 06:45:34 PM
  • Scout: Firefox warns me about the security certificate being
    July 27, 2018, 06:45:21 PM
  • Axe: Why, whats up Scout?
    July 27, 2018, 06:24:56 PM
  • PurpleRiver: Neither of us have much tech knowledge but we are learning as we go :)
    July 27, 2018, 06:02:30 PM
  • PurpleRiver: Well... I guess either I figure it out or Axe does - whoever gets to it first! haha
    July 27, 2018, 06:02:10 PM

* Affiliated Sites

Find and vote for us at

Vote for us at
Top RP Sites

Find us on
RPG-DDistant Fantasies

Site Plot

Finding Serenity

Finding Serenity is an original-character roleplay set in Joss Whedon's Firefly 'Verse. Events take place after the events of the Serenity movie.

The year is 2519.

Earth-That-Was is long gone. Humans found a new group of solar systems with dozens of planets and hundreds of moons. The "Core" planets are civilised, high-tech and under Alliance control. The "Border" worlds are diverse and distinct. The "Rim" is the wild west of the 'verse and the "Black" is where our ships travel, hoping to avoid the perils of space: Alliance, pirates, and the monsters known as Reavers.

So here we are, on the "raggedy edge". This is where our characters live. There are those who stick by the Alliance Government, those who want to rise up against it, and those that just don't care either way as long as they can make a living. With every turn, every choice put forward and every decision made we are FINDING SERENITY

Author Topic: THE REPOSSESSION MAMBO  (Read 608 times)

Description: "If you ain't payin, it ain't stayin"
Re: THE REPOSSESSION MAMBO
« Reply #40 on: August 07, 2018, 02:05:11 AM »
."Yes yes by all means..." He glanced back to Jo..."What she said, let's do that....then." He paused for second before continuing. "But as soon as you can let's kill that signal."

Abigail nodded in agreement smirking at Jax, "Sounds like a plan." She was about to leave when Jo added some pertinent information,

”About Mr. Finnegan…” Dark, doe shaped eyes looked down at her computer screen for a brief moment, the corner of her mouth quirking slightly as she bit at the inside of her cheek. A short, heavy sigh escaped her as she looked back up. Far from looking guilty, there was a bit of a smile dancing in her eyes. ”I’ve… ah… I’ve met him once before. On Newhall no less. Caught him picking pockets and sort of cornered him on it. Never gave him my real name and never got his real name, but I figure the Tong might have just caught him attempting to ‘borrow’ something without permission.” Laying a heavy, almost sarcastic emphasis on the word borrow, Jo offered up a shrug. ”I’ll see what I can dig up now that I have his real name.”

Falling quiet, she watched the faces of Jax and Abigail hoping this wasn’t grounds to toss her from the job as well as the ship. She didn’t think it would be, but there was always a chance it might. Once again, her eyes went to her computer. ”The back trace should be easy enough and killing the signal too. If the tracker is inside, I could probably even pull the gorram thing and disassemble it for parts. Might even be able to do it before putting on coffee in the morning.”

She rose her brow and looked over at Jax, it was interesting information, though Jo seemed trustworthy enough. Perhaps they could use it to their advantage.

"Yes...find out what you can, it might be necessary later on should we need more information on him. In the mean time, let's find the signal, get what information we can, and kill it. Quickly." She looked back at Jax and nodded towards their quarters, "As the captain said, probably best to get some shut eye though, do what you can wake us if trouble arises." And with that Abigail left to get some much needed shut eye.

« Reply #41 on: August 07, 2018, 02:45:37 AM »
Jo nodded, a grin playing across her face. She knelt down and typed in Sean's name, started the scan and then moved back to the ladder. Climbing down quickly, she headed back to the last place she'd seen Sean, the galley. Just before poking her head in, she wiped the smile from her face and scanned the room. Once she spotted Sean, she cleared her throat. "Hate to break up the party, but..." she pointed at Sean. "Orders from 'on high'. You're wanted. Few questions need answering. Now."

Nodding to the others, particularly Emit to assure the man she'd be fine, she motioned for Sean to join her. 'Oh this should be interesting... to say the least.' Her face remained serious, even as she began recalling their meeting only a few years prior. He'd made no indication that he knew or remembered her and she'd done the same. She figured she was in for a long night before she saw any sleep.

<<Exit Jo to Honor Among Thieves>>

« Reply #42 on: August 07, 2018, 04:35:26 PM »
"Hate to break up the party, but..." she pointed at Sean. "Orders from 'on high'. You're wanted. Few questions need answering. Now."

A wide a mischievous smiles split the thief's lips before he took another few healthy swigs from his flask.

"Ordered to be brought up to a fair lasses boudoir?"  he smoothly pushed the chair back and sprang to his feet bowing toward Jo, righting himself then spun on his heel tipping his head to Charity and Amoru.

"G'night to ye gentles, and may ye sleep the sleep o' princesses and princes."

He turned to Emit and gave him a bit of a salute with two fingers and lowered his voice, not quite slurring.

"You man your station well ye do sir. We shall all sleep better under your hawk like gaze!"

Then he turned and mounted the ladder up to Jo's room with a mock heavy sigh.

"Tis a rough assignment this is" smile evident in his voice, "but duty calls."

« Reply #43 on: August 13, 2018, 01:44:42 PM »
Art's mind had been drifting. She was grumpy and out of sorts. During her days as a Captain she'd gotten used to seeing trouble behind every corner but back then she'd had a crew she could trust. Now? Well, she felt very alone. It was a troublesome thought for someone who prided herself on needing no one. Reyes and Charity. Jax and Abigail. Hell, even Jo and the most troublesome element aboard the ship seemed to be sneaking off for some alone time. Art's eyes flashed from Emit to Grace, remembering the fact that the pair had boarded together. She frowned noticeably and resisted the urge to say 'balls' aloud. Always the odd one out.

Rising rather abruptly, Art's eyes flicked to no one in particular. "Well, if anyone needs me, I'll be in my bunk." Without waiting for a response she drifted off. A quick glance into the Med Bay caused her pause. If her eyes spied correctly, she saw a chilly looking bottle of the bubbles she'd directed Grace to earlier. Feeling eternally grateful to the good doctor, Art grabbed her booty and changed tact, heading towards the engine room. Setting the bottle aside, she pried open one of the crates that she'd brought aboard and was rewarded by the discovery of a handful of shiny looking glasses. Apparently her supplier had taken a shine to the her (she had been using her most charming features at the time) and included them with her bottles. Feeling that at least something had gone right in her evening, Art expertly removed the cork, poured herself a glass and put up her feet while watching the engine spin.

Initially she'd wanted to hide her champagne sipping ways from the crew. That idea had faded so quickly she hadn't even bothered to close the door. She was too old and too tired to keep up the facade. And so she closed her eyes, took her first sip of a very fine drop and let her problems drift away. At least until the bottle ran dry.

Jax
« Reply #44 on: August 14, 2018, 12:39:06 AM »
Jax followed Abigail to the Captain's quarters leaving the bug issue in Blaylocke's capable hands. He was exhausted and there were still tasks aplenty to go around, but for now they would have to wait. Jax was out as soon as his head hit the pillow, he tried to listen to Abigail but it wasn't long before she noticed he was fast asleep. If he had hoped for a restful sleep it was not to come as his mind was filled with distressing dreams.

« Reply #45 on: August 15, 2018, 11:21:03 PM »
Time jump a few hours to Newhall.

Abigail awoke abruptly, startled away but the god awful noise Jax was making. It was still an adjustment sleeping next to him, after all they hadn't really been together that long. They just fallen back into old habits. Were they even together? She sighed and closed her eyes attempting gain any more sleep if at all possible. But it wouldn't come. She clenched her back teeth and looked over at the man disturbing her sleep, he was face down, arm hanging off the bed, drooling into the pillow. She wasn't a morning person, and hadn't her sleep being interrupted even less. 

She got up and got dressed, leaving their room for the bridge she looked over the coordinates. They were just a few hours out, thankfully things were picking up.  As much as she didn't agree with the job they needed the money, and passengers awaited them on Newhall. Hopefully it'd give them a little wiggle room.  She  left for the galley starting up the coffee and grabbing a cup of her own, Abigail closed her eyes, enjoying the peace and serenity. Opening them she saw a pan, and a wooden spoon.  A sly smile crossed her lips, thinking back to the man the bed, with the snoring. She placed the cup down and picked up the pan and spoon, walking back to her room casually.

Abigail stood next to Jax , held the pan directly next to his ear , and began to bang it. Loudly. Stopping quickly she smiled at him sweetly,

"Sorry if I woke you dearest, but we're a few hours from Newhall." And with that she quickly turned, give his butt a quick pat with spoon and walked back to the galley, where she resumed to drink her cup of coffee.