Home :: Help :: Team :: Members :: Login :: Register

+ Finding Serenity  » Getting Started  » RP Opportunities  » New Ship Ideas 
|- A New Ship and possible ideas -- Please read text before voting 
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

collapse

* Quick Links

* Chat

Refresh History
  • Scout: Also we had a bout of hot weather and I'm so sluggish from it
    May 18, 2018, 05:21:16 PM
  • Scout: Busy week, I'll try to get posts up in the weekend
    May 18, 2018, 05:20:53 PM
  • Scout: That sucks, PR, lots of love and hang in there
    May 17, 2018, 06:00:08 AM
  • Axe: :( Sorry to hear that PR, stay strong
    May 17, 2018, 02:54:33 AM
  • Rolemancer: Hang in there PR. ❤
    May 17, 2018, 02:37:56 AM
  • Desertpuma: Hope everything works out, PR
    May 16, 2018, 11:14:28 PM
  • PurpleRiver: RL has been busy and a little emotinally traumatic this week so IC posts will be delayed from me. Please PM me if you would like my attention.
    May 16, 2018, 11:13:29 PM
  • Desertpuma: Lin is preparing to leave ... there are reasons for this other than what is openly seen
    May 16, 2018, 01:13:47 PM
  • Charity: Hey Jer. Sent you a PM.
    May 16, 2018, 05:52:50 AM
  • Jerilyn Gordon: Well, he’s leaving and jeri is still involved in the brut altercation.
    May 16, 2018, 05:21:08 AM
  • Desertpuma: you can certainly send him a cortex message ... but alternately, once it is revealed to people in the saloon that he is there .. she can ask him then
    May 16, 2018, 03:17:00 AM
  • Jerilyn Gordon: Should I wave at Lin? Or is there a formal way to apply for a berth?
    May 16, 2018, 02:52:08 AM
  • Jerilyn Gordon: Ah, there it is!
    May 15, 2018, 12:37:47 AM
  • Scout: All the awards to Scout she's the best
    May 12, 2018, 07:00:35 AM
  • PurpleRiver: You're welcome. It has prompted me to update all the Awards that were posted but never actually awarded. Let's get that kudos thread banging again! Recognise your fellow players' great RP (no self-nominations, folks :P)
    May 11, 2018, 10:43:56 PM
  • Jolene Blaylocke: Thanks for the shout out PR :)
    May 11, 2018, 10:05:27 PM
  • PurpleRiver: *In the New Ship Ideas area ;-)
    May 11, 2018, 09:52:33 PM
  • Desertpuma: Here's the link to it: [link]
    May 11, 2018, 07:51:44 PM
  • Desertpuma: Please check out the poll in the General chat area
    May 11, 2018, 07:51:13 PM
  • Emit Culpepper: Have a great weekend everyone
    May 11, 2018, 06:45:03 PM

* Affiliated Sites

The Verse Online Crusader Citadel Dreaming
TNButton
The Yalanzen Chronicles

Find and vote for us at

Vote for us at
Top RP Sites

Find us on
RPG-DDistant Fantasies

Site Plot

Finding Serenity

Finding Serenity is an original-character roleplay set in Joss Whedon's Firefly 'Verse. Events take place after the events of the Serenity movie.

The year is 2519.

Earth-That-Was is long gone. Humans found a new group of solar systems with dozens of planets and hundreds of moons. The "Core" planets are civilised, high-tech and under Alliance control. The "Border" worlds are diverse and distinct. The "Rim" is the wild west of the 'verse and the "Black" is where our ships travel, hoping to avoid the perils of space: Alliance, pirates, and the monsters known as Reavers.

So here we are, on the "raggedy edge". This is where our characters live. There are those who stick by the Alliance Government, those who want to rise up against it, and those that just don't care either way as long as they can make a living. With every turn, every choice put forward and every decision made we are FINDING SERENITY

Poll

What basic idea for this new ship is of the most interest the most?

The Generic option of cargo and passengers
1 (10%)
Corporation owned ship
0 (0%)
Companion Guild owns
1 (10%)
Creditor owned option
0 (0%)
Investor owned option
8 (80%)

Total Members Voted: 10

Voting closes: May 25, 2018, 07:50:33 PM

Author Topic: A New Ship and possible ideas -- Please read text before voting  (Read 74 times)

Description:
  • Narrator
  • Jr. Crew
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Hey all,

Given that we only have 3 active ships out of 5 and Ronin's current plot to get Ian Dugan back to Glory is really just about to start, I think the time has come to target a new ship to come online. To this end, the poll will focus on one ship design: Exeter. I will come up with an appropriate sounding name once I see more feedback. 

The Exeter is a three deck ship with the main deck, a passenger in the middle (complete with almost all amenities) and a cargo deck. There is a quarter deck which is basically a shuttle bay on the top of the ship. You can see the floorplans here: http://www.findingserenity.net/index.php?topic=2151.msg22093#msg22093

Both ships have passenger cabin (singles & doubles), a med bay, lots of cargo space, lounge, sizable engine room and will need a number of crew to function. This all means a variety of plots and storylines could happen. I have a couple of different of ideas of what to do.

#1 This is the generic rag tag ship limping along transporting cargo and passengers where the Captain owns the ship.

#2 The ship is owned by a corporation transporting goods but is allowed to take on passengers

#3 The ship is owned by the Companion Guild and the deluxe cabins are for business but the ship is allowed to transport cargo

#4 The ship is owned by a creditor who refuses to give up ownership and just demands his profits. Both cargo and passengers are routine.

#5 The ship is owned by investors including the Companion Guild and The House with all taking a fair share of the profits and may require certain personnel or jobs done. The House, as in the Archives by Abbey. exist as a Guild similar to Companions but for professional gamblers and are officially licensed per the Alliance to run games and/or hold gambling events. They are rated on the metrics of Honesty and Reliability. The House also allows them to blackball gamblers or other similar professionals or clients just like Companions do.

Please vote above (over the next 14 days, ending on the 25th) and also voice your thoughts below. Please make sure to take a look through the floorplans too.

Thanks!

Re: A New Ship and possible ideas -- Please read text before voting

• Narrator
  • Jr. Crew
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #1 on: May 13, 2018, 09:58:04 PM »
The poll has been up for 48 hrs and it is evident there is a lot of interest in the investor option.

I'll start generating ideas for setup, jobs, jumping off point, etc

The characters, at least initially, will have more of a Core influence. As time goes on, this could certainly change but, given the Investor group, it makes the most sense. So this is certainly an opportunity for the crew to get a growing wakeup call as they pass out of the White Sun system where all the Core worlds are and solidly into the Border and Rim planets. In fact, I may plan out an initial route the ship is expected to take. So this arc would certainly not be on the level of action of say Ronin.

Already I am betting on the following positions/skill sets being needed (based upon floorplan):

Captain (could double any position)
Pilot (1-2)
Mechanic/Engineer
Electronics/Comp Tech
Doctor
Cook
Companion (1, maybe 2)
Gambler/Member of the House (1, maybe 2)
Gunhand (1-2)
General hand/Steward/Cook's Assistant for those fancier occasions (maybe?)

Some of these could be doubled up or be secondary capabilities (except Companion or House member). But primary skill should be the lead on the boat. As of this moment, the starboard aft double cabins of the passage deck are going to be reserved for Companions so there could be two there. Everyone else of the crew would be sleeping on the main deck.

This does count any Passengers that might be picked up following the initial launch of the ship.

If you are interested, please post some ideas. Some character thoughts for the non-Companions could include former Alliance military, a highly regarded professional skill school,

« Last Edit: May 13, 2018, 10:20:15 PM by Desertpuma »

Axe
  • Administrator
  • New Recruit
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: May 14, 2018, 12:35:40 AM »
I am interested. Although I am also a little worried about upping my active character count to 3, as I inevitably seem to have trouble keeping up with postings, so I might hold off on committing and wait and see what roles other people fill first...

But the characters I would currently be looking to bring one of are Cyrus Riggs and Jack Dekker, both ex military security types, or Benjamin Street, my favorite pilot. Or maybe a new character depending on who takes what role.
« Last Edit: May 14, 2018, 12:38:19 AM by Axe »

• Narrator
  • Jr. Crew
    • View Profile
    • Awards
It is about 5 days out until the poll ends ... I will probably start getting together things so I can post it following Memorial Day here in the US.

If you are interested in becoming, please feel free to talk in here about the roles you may want to take on.

Thanks.