Home :: Help :: Team :: Members :: Login :: Register

+ Finding Serenity  » Finding Home on Ship or Shore  » The Brass Ferret  » The Brass Ferret IC 
|- Short Leave On Return 
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

collapse

* Quick Links

* Chat

Refresh History
  • Scout: Also we had a bout of hot weather and I'm so sluggish from it
    May 18, 2018, 05:21:16 PM
  • Scout: Busy week, I'll try to get posts up in the weekend
    May 18, 2018, 05:20:53 PM
  • Scout: That sucks, PR, lots of love and hang in there
    May 17, 2018, 06:00:08 AM
  • Axe: :( Sorry to hear that PR, stay strong
    May 17, 2018, 02:54:33 AM
  • Rolemancer: Hang in there PR. ❤
    May 17, 2018, 02:37:56 AM
  • Desertpuma: Hope everything works out, PR
    May 16, 2018, 11:14:28 PM
  • PurpleRiver: RL has been busy and a little emotinally traumatic this week so IC posts will be delayed from me. Please PM me if you would like my attention.
    May 16, 2018, 11:13:29 PM
  • Desertpuma: Lin is preparing to leave ... there are reasons for this other than what is openly seen
    May 16, 2018, 01:13:47 PM
  • Charity: Hey Jer. Sent you a PM.
    May 16, 2018, 05:52:50 AM
  • Jerilyn Gordon: Well, he’s leaving and jeri is still involved in the brut altercation.
    May 16, 2018, 05:21:08 AM
  • Desertpuma: you can certainly send him a cortex message ... but alternately, once it is revealed to people in the saloon that he is there .. she can ask him then
    May 16, 2018, 03:17:00 AM
  • Jerilyn Gordon: Should I wave at Lin? Or is there a formal way to apply for a berth?
    May 16, 2018, 02:52:08 AM
  • Jerilyn Gordon: Ah, there it is!
    May 15, 2018, 12:37:47 AM
  • Scout: All the awards to Scout she's the best
    May 12, 2018, 07:00:35 AM
  • PurpleRiver: You're welcome. It has prompted me to update all the Awards that were posted but never actually awarded. Let's get that kudos thread banging again! Recognise your fellow players' great RP (no self-nominations, folks :P)
    May 11, 2018, 10:43:56 PM
  • Jolene Blaylocke: Thanks for the shout out PR :)
    May 11, 2018, 10:05:27 PM
  • PurpleRiver: *In the New Ship Ideas area ;-)
    May 11, 2018, 09:52:33 PM
  • Desertpuma: Here's the link to it: [link]
    May 11, 2018, 07:51:44 PM
  • Desertpuma: Please check out the poll in the General chat area
    May 11, 2018, 07:51:13 PM
  • Emit Culpepper: Have a great weekend everyone
    May 11, 2018, 06:45:03 PM

* Affiliated Sites

The Verse Online Crusader Citadel Dreaming
TNButton
The Yalanzen Chronicles

Find and vote for us at

Vote for us at
Top RP Sites

Find us on
RPG-DDistant Fantasies

Author Topic: Short Leave On Return  (Read 356 times)

Description:
Re: Short Leave On Return
« Reply #40 on: May 15, 2018, 12:20:05 AM »
Carrie was looking at her cortex link at about the same time David was and was already sitting up, quickly finishing off the drink she'd originally ordered. The words she expected from him came, and they were off after this distress call. She looked to the other ladies as she started after their boss, first looking at Sienna. "Looks like I'm waiting for that hair cut."

She had to jog a little to catch up, but she wasn't about to get left behind. From the way the message sounded, the girl sending it was young and short on the knowledge to get herself out of the situation she was in. There was also the question of whether or not there really was a girl in trouble. It was a prospect that didn't sit well, but was all too often the norm out in the black.

« Reply #41 on: May 15, 2018, 01:48:00 AM »
E.V. leapt to her feet, showing much more energy than she had a moment before, as if the sudden prospect of breaking atmo had released hitherto untapped reserves. She was still dead tired, but adrenaline was a hell of a drug, and a healthy spike of it was now coursing through her system. She followed David and Carrie, reaching into her pack for one of her custom cortex pads she quickly pulled up the distress call and set its supped up processor analyzing the signal structure as they walked. She wasn't wearing her revolver, but thankfully the small crate containing the rest of her things should have already been delivered the the Ferret, just in case it really was pirates.

After a minute the program spit out its conclusion. "Their transmission looks legit... or the codes they're using are authentic at least. Doesn't meant its not bait of course."

« Reply #42 on: May 20, 2018, 01:31:23 AM »
Sienna eyed the captain quietly, his demeanor had changed quickly in the moments since he picked up his PDA. At the mention of leaving the bar Sienna quickly threw back the rest of her drink. Most of the crew had already skidattled. She hoped whoever was in trouble was okay. E.V. and Carrie had already gotten up and left the table, Sienna caught up to Carrie,

"Looks like I'm waiting for that hair cut."

She grinned at the woman, "I'm sure we could find some scissors on board." Sienna winked at her and continued to jog off to meet David & co. on board.

• Narrator
  • Jr. Crew
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #43 on: May 20, 2018, 07:01:58 PM »
As the crew quickly made their way to the Brass Ferret, David's PDA kicked up a message again: Best of luck. This is a legitimate call as far as we can tell. You'll need to pull them to safety if possible." A grounds crew member was jogging by and made a brief announcement they had fueled up the Ferret with enough fuel for four hours worth of work on the short notice. It should only take a fraction of that time.

For those entering the ship for the first time, it was smaller than they might have expected. To the starboard side of the ramp into the ship was a stairwell while aft was the actual engine room. The breaching bore could easily be seen and an open doorway just past it. At the top of the stairs was a common area including a small galley while further aft was the bedroom, bathroom and closet along with an airlock off the port side. The cockpit was in the bow.

The ship smelled well lived in. There had been a lot of sweat while also some tears and blood. Yet, it appeared cleaner than one might have initially expected from the outside or based on the size of it. This was more likely to David's influence from his Alliance days than anything. As they entered, the original crew started setting about doing what they needed to.