Home :: Help :: Team :: Members :: Login :: Register

+ Finding Serenity  » Cortex  » Classifieds 
|- PASSENGER SERVICE OPEN 
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

collapse

* Quick Links

* Chat

Refresh History
  • Axe: Well, I am off to bed. 250am here. Hope everyone has a lovely evening/morning
    Today at 09:47:29 AM
  • Desertpuma: Just played my Pathfinder game last night and visited a local convention this past weekend too
    July 19, 2018, 08:41:19 PM
  • Scout: I miss my tabletop campaign, we haven't played in over a month and it looks like we won't until next month at least since everybody's off vacationing all the time
    July 19, 2018, 07:50:10 PM
  • Scout: Good luck!
    July 19, 2018, 07:35:30 PM
  • Axe: PM back to you scout. And now I am off to write up a dnd character that I have to be playing in 3.5 hours XD
    July 19, 2018, 07:27:58 PM
  • Scout: Shiny
    July 19, 2018, 07:23:46 PM
  • Axe: Will read it in a fe wminutes!
    July 19, 2018, 06:56:05 PM
  • Scout: PM for Axe!
    July 19, 2018, 04:07:53 PM
  • Scout: Briar didn't even get to interact with him
    July 18, 2018, 06:43:18 PM
  • Axe: Yeah! For the short time it was active
    July 18, 2018, 06:32:42 PM
  • Scout: Hey, I remember Chris! Wasn't he on the Hound?
    July 18, 2018, 06:16:53 PM
  • Axe: New ship app up for The Revenge! [link]
    July 18, 2018, 01:32:57 AM
  • Rolemancer: Should be posting in Gryphon and Wushu tomorrow.
    July 16, 2018, 01:12:54 AM
  • Helena Cain: [link]
    July 14, 2018, 12:50:50 AM
  • Helena Cain: final poll for the new boat!
    July 14, 2018, 12:50:42 AM
  • Rolemancer: I say logged in.
    July 13, 2018, 10:06:08 PM
  • KateBarton: I was just wondering... anyone ever been able to sign in to the site on the first time? I always have to sign in at least twice...
    July 13, 2018, 07:12:32 PM
  • Axe: Updated ship poll! [link]
    July 13, 2018, 05:09:07 PM
  • Axe: Is it still not working for you?
    July 12, 2018, 08:41:07 PM
  • Axe: I think just you? Though mine seems to be being rather slow.
    July 12, 2018, 08:25:28 PM

* Affiliated Sites

The Verse Online Crusader Citadel Dreaming
TNButton
The Yalanzen Chronicles

Find and vote for us at

Vote for us at
Top RP Sites

Find us on
RPG-DDistant Fantasies

Site Plot

Finding Serenity

Finding Serenity is an original-character roleplay set in Joss Whedon's Firefly 'Verse. Events take place after the events of the Serenity movie.

The year is 2519.

Earth-That-Was is long gone. Humans found a new group of solar systems with dozens of planets and hundreds of moons. The "Core" planets are civilised, high-tech and under Alliance control. The "Border" worlds are diverse and distinct. The "Rim" is the wild west of the 'verse and the "Black" is where our ships travel, hoping to avoid the perils of space: Alliance, pirates, and the monsters known as Reavers.

So here we are, on the "raggedy edge". This is where our characters live. There are those who stick by the Alliance Government, those who want to rise up against it, and those that just don't care either way as long as they can make a living. With every turn, every choice put forward and every decision made we are FINDING SERENITY

Author Topic: PASSENGER SERVICE OPEN  (Read 277 times)

Description: Transport Wushu seeking help
Jax
PASSENGER SERVICE OPEN
« on: January 26, 2018, 10:34:12 PM »
The text only message was sent coded and masked, as best as Jax could, keeping it on the down low. He hoped to find some required crew members to get his boat flying, but not stir up the Feds if he could help it.

[[[ THE TRANSPORT WUSHU IS SEEKING CREW....CONTACT CAPTAIN XAVIER DIRECTLY THROUGH THIS CODED CHANNEL FREQUENCY...TECH SPEC OPEN AT THIS TIME...WILL GIVE YOU SHIP LOCATION AFTER CONTACT...STOP ]]]

« Last Edit: June 06, 2018, 02:50:49 AM by Jax »

Re: CREW WANTED!

• A Role to Die for!
  • Captain
  • Crew
  • Playin' for Keeps!
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #1 on: February 24, 2018, 02:00:12 PM »
Jax was glad to hear from one applicant though he had hoped for more. A good Doc was hard to come by so he gladly accepted Grace to the crew. Perhaps it was time to send out a little less coded message, something discreet yet more easily viewable in the 'Want Ad' search programs. Also maybe a face to go with the name, it was a gamble he was willing to take. Without crew Wushu was dead in the water, so to speak.

Anyone finding his message would see a confident Captain with a convincing smile delivering Wushu's request.

[[[ THE TRANSPORT WUSHU IS SEEKING CREW....CONTACT CAPTAIN XAVIER DIRECTLY THROUGH THIS CHANNEL...TECH SPEC STILL OPEN AT THIS TIME...WILL GIVE YOU SHIP LOCATION AFTER CONTACT...STOP ]]]

« Last Edit: March 17, 2018, 11:57:48 AM by Rolemancer »

« Reply #2 on: March 11, 2018, 12:46:39 AM »
Emit hated using the Cortex he was all thumbs when it came to computers and such.

" Hello? Hello? Blasted is this dam thing recording? If you can hear me Captain Xavier, my name is Emit Culpepper, I see that your looking for crew."

The audio was recording fine but the video attachment hadn't been downloaded properly.

Jax
« Reply #3 on: March 11, 2018, 03:04:42 AM »
Jax was quick to reply when he came across Emit's message.

[[[Mister Culpepper glad to hear from you. We are still looking for help so if you can get yourself to Greenleaf Skyplex we will be there in a few days. Hope to see you there. Look for us at the Flying Camel Saloon. Captain Xavier out]]]

« Reply #4 on: March 14, 2018, 07:46:16 AM »
Art took a deep breath as she psyched herself up to reply. It has been a long time since she'd been a drifter in the black and she half wondered if she was getting too old to start over. Nowadays when she fell asleep in an engine room she ended up with a cricked neck and a limp for a couple of days. She'd never really thought of 32 as old but after all she'd been through she felt near ancient. And lucky to be alive. So few of her friends and crew mates had made it past 30. Using this as inspiration she had one of her many WWCD (what would Callie do) moments and hit record before she could reconsider.

"Evening Captain Jax, Artemis Graham reporting for duty. My credentials in the black may be a little dated but there's not a dock on Osiris that doesn't have a kind word to say about my work. If you're looking for someone who'll keep to herself, not ask too many questions and make your ship sing then I'm your girl." Before settling on Osiris she would have mentioned something about fixing things on the cheap but she'd been planet side too long. She'd gotten used to the phrase 'money is no object' and 'we can have it here by tomorrow.' It would take some adjustments to remember what it was like to be stranded in space.

"It'll be like riding a bike," she said aloud to herself after triple checking the message had been sent and the camera was off. Then she waited not so patiently for a reply.

Re: TECH SPEC WANTED!

Jax
« Reply #5 on: March 14, 2018, 10:19:31 AM »
Jax had dozed off in the cockpit after a long day of checking and triple checking Wushu's flight systems. He hadn't been asleep for long when he was awoken by the chirp of an arriving message. Jax was excited to see it was from someone interested in their engineering position, which was seriously needed. "Abigail!" He shouted..."I think we just found our mechanic!"

[[[ Ms Graham the position is yours if you can get yourself to Greenleaf Station. Hope to be there in a few days time. Look for us at the Saloon on the main concourse. ]]]

« Last Edit: March 17, 2018, 11:59:03 AM by Jax »

« Reply #6 on: March 18, 2018, 03:14:32 AM »
Amorru lay back in the plush velvet sofa, a bottle of vintage sourmash in one hand and someone warm and willing in the other. The drink spilled as he slashed his arm across the air. The pretty young thing gasped and giggled as he spun his yarn. "...so there I was - hic - gut fulla rot, head fulla buzzin' beesh, and the wáng bā dàn what been chasin' me 'n' the crew a shh-traight fortnight standin' disharmed in fronna me with hish troush... - hic - troush... Y'know, pantaloonsh around his anklesh. So I says to him - listen! Why are you laughing? Okay I says 'Sheems ya been caught with your pantsh down, Commodore! Maybe next time you ought to wear a belt!' Right?" Amorru and his companion for the evening burst into laughter withough neither really knew why. Suddenly she stopped, looking up at the debonair duelist with a mask of confusion. "Wait - so what was the point of all that?" "Here, lemme show you..."

Around the next midday, Amorru nursed a lager as he tried to break his hangover. He only had to resist the urge to empty his stomach twice before the pounding in his head began to subside and he could actually focus on a Cortex screen. Seeing the Captain of the Wushu's call for crew, Amorru attempted an articulate response.

"Lissen, don't know what you're doing and don't particularly care. If you need a pilot I'm your man. You need somebody knows how to use a blade, I can do that too. Don't give half a hump 'bout anything but flyin' and fightin', but I got your back long as you got mine. Just don't expect me to go crawlin' around your engine room or diggin' out any lead and it'll be nice 'n' shiny."

Amorru talked a big game, but truth be told he'd take a job as sanitation tech if it meant getting off this ruttin' moon.
It's a mechanical bull at number one You'll take a ride from anyone
Everyone wants a ride, pulls away, Ooh, From you

Metric, "Black Sheep"

Jax
« Reply #7 on: March 18, 2018, 01:48:33 PM »
Jax opens the message, he had been hoping to find a pilot to free him up from those particular duties.

"Lissen, don't know what you're doing and don't particularly care. If you need a pilot I'm your man. You need somebody knows how to use a blade, I can do that too. Don't give half a hump 'bout anything but flyin' and fightin', but I got your back long as you got mine. Just don't expect me to go crawlin' around your engine room or diggin' out any lead and it'll be nice 'n' shiny."

Jax listened to Reyes' message with stunned amazement. "Did I sound like that when I was just a pup?" He thought to himself. He replayed the message to Abigail. "Sounds just like the fellow we need." Jax quickly responded directing where the young 'Hotshot' can meet them.

[[[ REYES GET YOURSELF TO GREENLEAF SKYPLEX ASAP ]]]
« Last Edit: May 11, 2018, 02:33:51 AM by Jax »

« Reply #8 on: May 11, 2018, 02:22:00 AM »
The vid starts up, a young woman clearly in some bustling corridor of metal, indicating a station or ship. Taking a quick breath, she finally starts.

"I know it's a long shot, seeing as this request for a tech spec is a little on the older side, but I'm interested. I'm sending over my work history, mostly building, testing and maintaining security systems, but should pass muster. Passing through Greenleaf station, but might be heading out in the next 24." She offers a hopeful smile. "Even if the jobs not open anymore, thanks for the time!"

The vid ends and clicks to black.

SHIP FULL

Jax
SHIP FULL
« Reply #9 on: May 11, 2018, 02:31:50 AM »
Jax still feeling the effects of the night before pulled himself up to the desk to check for any updates on his incoming messages. To his surprise he found a reply to his Comm/Tech wanted notice. He had pretty much given up on filling that position and then out of the blue here he was watching the flickering image of a young lady that fit the bill. Even luckier still she was on the same floating pile of metal that he was. He quickly typed a word only reply.

[MISS BLAYLOCKE I'M PLEASED TO HEAR FROM YOU....YES THE POSITION IS STILL AVAILABLE...WE ARE DOCKED AT GREENLEAF STATION NOW...CAN MEET UP THIS EVENING....FLYING CAMEL SALOON...OUT]
« Last Edit: May 11, 2018, 02:33:29 AM by Jax »

PASSENGERS SERVICE OPEN

Jax
PASSENGERS SERVICE OPEN
« Reply #10 on: June 06, 2018, 02:49:56 AM »
This is Captain Xavier, I have a mid-bulk transport of the Hotaru Class, goes by the name Wushu. We have room and can take on one or two passengers. Fees are reasonable, please contact me with your destination needs and depending on our location perhaps we can come to terms. Thank you for your time and thinking about using our services.

PS.
Or if you are handy with a firearm or moving heavy objects there are still a couple crew spots open for Gunhand and/or Deckhand
« Last Edit: June 06, 2018, 02:57:17 AM by Jax »

Re: PASSENGER SERVICE OPEN

« Reply #11 on: June 30, 2018, 05:21:51 AM »
Octavia sat in The Rosary brooding, scrolling through the Cortex, and twirling an arrow between her fingers. She’d met up with the Rosey Twins again after some time apart. They been close at uni – her only friends in fact – but she was too twitchy to stay with them for long. As much as they felt like home for Octavia, they were each other’s everything and it sometimes made Octavia feel like the odd one out. She’d been feeling the need to roam again and this watery planet was certainly not helping her mood.
--
Alice had mentioned to Octavia that another friend from school had invited The Roseys to a wedding. The friend was a relative of someone or another. Octavia wasn’t really sure. She hadn’t been paying very much attention. She had been at the range when Alice was telling her about it. But now, Alex was talking about the same wedding saying that they wouldn’t be going – something, something decade-old grudge.
“Octavia. Hello, Octavia? So, what do you think? Would you like the invite? Plus, when was the last time you got out of those boring clothes and into something fun?”
Octavia shook her head and concentrated more on the conversation. “Are you sure you don’t want to go, maybe cash in on that grudge?”
“Nah,” he replied. “Plus, Alice thought it might be fun to hop over to Three Hills. Maybe rough it a bit.”
Roughing it sounded like the exact opposite of what Octavia wanted to do. Granted, Three Hills would be more palatable with the Twins but she’d never been a true fan of that type of planet.
She nodded to Alex slowly. “Ok then. Transfer your invite to me.”
Alex slid a pad across the table with the wedding info on it. With a glance, Octavia memorized it. She then downed her drink, stood up, and walked out without another word.
As she walked out the door she heard Alex say, "You think I'd be used to that by now...".
--
So here she was scrolling through the Cortex, intending to place an ad to hire a boat when she came across a message from a Captain Xavier looking for passengers. He looked clean on the Cortex. She messaged him the following reply:
Seeking transport from Newhall to Bellerophon with destination timing for Ainsworth wedding. Would consider giving +1 invite as partial payment if interested
As she sent the message she heard the ding of her own message coming in. The invite had indeed been transferred to her name with a +1.

Jax
« Reply #12 on: June 30, 2018, 11:58:40 AM »
Jax was seated in the galley checking over messages and the latest news around the 'Verse when a chime sounded announcing a reply to Wushu's advert....

[[[Seeking transport from Newhall to Bellerophon with destination timing for Ainsworth wedding. Would consider giving +1 invite as partial payment if interested.]]]

The message was from an Octavia Wynn who had a special event to attend it seemed. Jax considered it for a moment then thought...Why the hell would I want to go to Bellerophon.....and didn't respond. Yes they could use the coin but from what he remembered Bellerophon was highly guarded and for sure Wushu would send up a red flag.

Two days later:

Jax and Abigail sat in their quarters contemplating their next move. Wushu was off on her first job, though it was debatable at what cost, they needed the coin to keep flying. It was just then that Jax recalled the answer to his passenger ad. "Hey!" He blurted. "A couple of days ago I received a wave for someone needing a ride to Bellerophon and offering an invite to this very wedding." Jax's mind started to construct a plan. "That extra invite could come in handy." Jax promptly send off a reply to Ms Wynn.

[[[Good day Ms Wynn, sorry for the delayed response. We can absolutely help you out with your travel needs. We have just departed Greenleaf Station headed to Newhall forthwith. Look forward to seeing you soon. Captain Xavier]]]
« Last Edit: June 30, 2018, 12:00:25 PM by Jax »