Home :: Help :: Team :: Members :: Login :: Register

+ Finding Serenity  » Getting Started  » Character Application  » On hold 
|- Cat Ventura -WIP 
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

collapse

* Quick Links

* Chat

Refresh History
  • Scout: It was fun to play a teenager for a change, she was so cute
    September 19, 2018, 07:44:28 PM
  • Scout: Maybe I'll bring her back if Nautilus ever comes back
    September 19, 2018, 07:43:40 PM
  • Axe: fair enough
    September 19, 2018, 07:41:17 PM
  • Scout: I'm not super heartbroken over it even though I liked playing her
    September 19, 2018, 07:19:47 PM
  • Scout: I don't really see her working without her dad-uncle though
    September 19, 2018, 07:19:19 PM
  • Axe: BB did say she wanted to bring back the Naut, but that was months ago and I havent heard anything since so idk if itll happen any time soon
    September 19, 2018, 07:09:50 PM
  • Axe: Well I mean Pen is the same age as Freya, which is technically old enough to work. So if you wanted you could bring her over. Might have to re write her a little maybe.
    September 19, 2018, 07:09:02 PM
  • Scout: But there's still hope for Caden and Paul, maybe, someday...
    September 19, 2018, 05:47:10 PM
  • Scout: Well, I finally got around to bringing my boys over from the archive. Don't see much point in importing Penelope because I can't really play her anywhere other than on Nautilus since she's a kiddo.
    September 19, 2018, 05:45:56 PM
  • PurpleRiver: It's okay Scout... No worries at all!
    September 18, 2018, 08:52:24 PM
  • Elena: Oh! For the Allure, our Mechanic is Dash Winters instead of Nate.
    September 16, 2018, 06:20:03 PM
  • Lomari: Sounds good.
    September 16, 2018, 06:17:12 PM
  • Scout: Speaking of falling behind that is. I'm sorry PR!
    September 16, 2018, 04:46:15 PM
  • Scout: I feel bad for forgetting to bring my old characters over from the archive site even though you made that post about it months ago
    September 16, 2018, 04:46:05 PM
  • PurpleRiver: Gonna be working on those Crew Manifests again! Jee... I've fallen so far behind. If captains could help me by updating the census (I'm 90% sure I've given captains permission to edit the census so you can move your crews character sheets in and out of your ship area... )
    September 16, 2018, 04:44:54 PM
  • Nazcool: FORGOT that I wasn't logged in here woops
    September 15, 2018, 09:31:35 PM
  • Guest225: awww xD also O.o this is so weird I can't access the site on my computer -but can on my phone. Is my computer being dumb?
    September 15, 2018, 09:30:55 PM
  • Scout: The other players didn't know I was a spy either. It was kind of like playing werewolf, which I hate because I am a really bad liar.
    September 15, 2018, 09:28:39 PM
  • Scout: My first tabletop character was an infiltrator among their group and boy was that difficult to pull off when you had to come up with excuses for your shady character actions on the fly
    September 15, 2018, 09:26:36 PM
  • Nazcool: Oh wow, yeah. My Dad's pretty fair in terms of what people know but he mostly runs fantasy games (ex. Dn'D & Pathfinder) so it's a bit different.
    September 15, 2018, 08:17:21 PM

* Affiliated Sites

Find and vote for us at

Vote for us at
Top RP Sites

Find us on
RPG-DDistant Fantasies

Site Plot

Finding Serenity

Finding Serenity is an original-character roleplay set in Joss Whedon's Firefly 'Verse. Events take place after the events of the Serenity movie.

The year is 2519.

Earth-That-Was is long gone. Humans found a new group of solar systems with dozens of planets and hundreds of moons. The "Core" planets are civilised, high-tech and under Alliance control. The "Border" worlds are diverse and distinct. The "Rim" is the wild west of the 'verse and the "Black" is where our ships travel, hoping to avoid the perils of space: Alliance, pirates, and the monsters known as Reavers.

So here we are, on the "raggedy edge". This is where our characters live. There are those who stick by the Alliance Government, those who want to rise up against it, and those that just don't care either way as long as they can make a living. With every turn, every choice put forward and every decision made we are FINDING SERENITY

Author Topic: Cat Ventura -WIP  (Read 155 times)

Description: Pilot/Tech
  • New Recruit
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Cat Ventura -WIP
« on: October 20, 2017, 12:19:15 AM »
Cat Ventura

Primary Occupation:  Pilot/Tech

Equipment:  Personal Cortex, Audio Field Generator, Silenced Pistol, Combat Knife, Chemistry Set, Tech Tool Kit, Disguise Kit, Forged Ident cards, various plants and herbs, mortar and pestle.

Secondary Occupation (optional): Grifter/Medic/Safe-cracker

Requested Ship (optional):    (If you are interested in joining a particular ship or have nominated for a new ship put that ship name here (purely optional field))

Appearance:    (Appearance is pretty straight forward.  What color is your hair?  Your eyes?  Are you in shape?  Are you old? Are you Aging gracefully?  Do you have a horrid scar that embarasses you?  Please note we only expect a paragraph or two in relation to this.)
Faceclaim: Aubrey Plaza

Initial Personality:    (For your characters initial personality, sometimes it's best to step back and think about how you would describe your character if you were meeting them for the first time. Would they act calm, cool and collected or would they seem easy going and friendly? Do they put up a brave front and seem rough and tough? How do they act when they meet someone they don't know.)
Underlying Personality:    (Now, once people get to know your character, what will they find? Perhaps that the rough and tough exterior gives way to a kind heart. Maybe they're loyal to a fault when they make friends or perhaps under that easy going outward appearance, they have darker motives. Have they been deeply wounded by someone or something and guard themselves carefully?)

Known History:    (Performing Cortex Search for John Doe....
...Search Complete. Press Enter for Results.

Your character's known history is anything that would be publicly known about them.  What would your local bartender say?  What stories might you grade school teacher have told?  Any outstanding warrants?  Accolades, awards, or accomplishments?  A service record, or perhaps a lack thereof?  Think of it as a dossier.  Anything a decent investigator might be able to find about you.)
Other History:    (This is the rest of your story.  How was your family life growing up?  What scarred you as a teenager, making you the bitter monster you are?  Do you have a long lost brother no one knows about?  Why do you have some of the personality traits that you do?

This kind of info can prove very useful to your Narrator, and can make every adventure interesting, 'cause you never know what skeleton might fall out of your closet?)

Skills and Strengths:
Skills: CQC Expertise, Hacking, Technology, Robotics, Piloting, Forgery, Subterfuge, Expression(acting, taking on personas), Inventing (Mainly items of destruction)
[iStrengths[/i]:
Prodigy She comes from a long line of instant geniuses, though she's more of a mad scientist.

Survivor She can live in the wilderness, knows the right plants to eat, how to hunt etc. She's been in dangerous situations throughout her childhood and teen years and always come out on top.

Friends in High Places The Ventura family name goes along way in the higher circles of the Alliance and certain corporate enclaves.

Corporate Sponsor She has a partial stake in Ventura Technologies, her Father's old company. Much like Batman, she embezzles some of the corporate profits to make new toys. Some of which end up on the assembly line for mass production.

Weaknesses:
Deadly Enemy With the perks of a famous name, always come the drawbacks. Her father made many enemies during his adventures out on the rim as well as the core. Some are rival corporations looking to get ahead of the competition, others are cut-throats looking to kidnap and cash in.

Drug Habit She is an explorer of inner-space. She has the tendency to indulge in mind altering substances (just the natural stuff.) It usually doesn't effect her job performance. Usually.

Morbid She's always had a fascination with the darker side of things. Death, blood, occult stuff. She has very inappropriate reactions to things normal people would find repulsive or distasteful.

Curmudgeon She can be kind of an asshole, particularly when sober. She's jaded, sarcastic and does not go out of her way to be nice.