PT2: Persephone: Eavesdown Docks

Started by Rolemancer, May 10, 2018, 05:27:52 PM

Katrina Markov

Quote"No less crazy than you,"

Kat stared into her bright blue eyes. This was probably true. Ophelia seemed to be loved at least, their childhoods were different but they were no strangers to violence. It was almost comforting.

Quote"You first,"
She felt the gun against her thigh and Kat grinned. The anticipation of the gunshot gave her a rush, though probably unnaturally so. Most would flinch in fear, but there was nothing there.

Quote"We could also leave her for whoever it is her dear, dear Uncle was worried would find her. Maybe even broadcast a nice little feed out to the wide, wide verse." Silje's head tilted first one way, then the other with the over emphasis of the word dear, but flashing blue eyes stayed completely locked on Kat's captive.

"Or maybe, Kas and I can have some fun with her dogs and let her listen."

It was enough to make Ophelia falter, Kat grinned at Silje's comment but she kept her eyes on Ophelia.  Fully knowing she was half kidding, after all Kas would never let either of them come near those dogs.  Silje took the tablet away, and Kat was satisfied, but she didn't take the knife away, not yet, she let it linger.

Quote"Okay enough!...Sorry about that but you're the best lead we've found to getting our man back, you want a ride you have one,"

Kat pulled the knife away, disappointed, lightly hitting Ophelia's nose with it, something akin to a boop...if it had been cute, instead of threatening.  "That's a shame, but Captain's orders are orders.  No hard feelings. Right." She gave Ophelia a wink and stared a moment longer as she let go of the girl's ear and stood up, "Get you patched up on the ship...wouldn't want that getting infected." Katrina noted the cut slightly dripping on Ophelia's neck, she pulled out a piece of gauze from her bag and handed it to the miniature mobster.

"You got what you wanted, now where's Lucky."

Silje Falk

[INSIDE BUTCHER SHOP]

Quote from: Ophelia on August 06, 2018, 05:20:34 PM
"Or maybe I can let my dogs have some fun with you?!"

The words were like a switch, causing Silje's face to switch from the dark, looming storm back to the easy going, broad grin that had been there for most of Ophelia's acquaintance. "A permission, I intend to take full advantage of." It was instantly clear, the blonde haired woman had never had any intention of hurting the dogs as her eyes laughed silently at the entire situation. Clearly, she'd expected the captain to intervene and grant the ride. What she didn't do, however was hand over the tablet. As the dainty hand was held out, anticipating the return of her property, Silje extended the hand holding the tablet to Tara instead.

"Information for the ride." One finger was held up as if to say there'd be no more holding back. "You'll get your property back as soon as we have the information we need. Your ride is guaranteed. And no need to be worried about being left behind. The bargain is struck and I keep those, hell or Valhalla take me."

Andes Maley

Andes paced to the other side of the porch and pulled out a deck of cards and absentmindedly started to shuffle them. "So" he began to no one in particular, "how long has your crew been together?" Andes had noted that they all seemed to know their places and didnt seem to question what was going on.

Monte Furlong

Monte turned to face Andes, watched the cards flip back and forth in the mans hands. "Well, I'm not part of any crew so far. Kind of a go between, although it seems more likely to chase down this missing crewman before going after the prize. We'll have to wait and see what yon captain decides."

Tara Marx

August 13, 2018, 05:48:53 PM #84 Last Edit: August 13, 2018, 05:50:34 PM by Tara Marx
Tara closed the distance between her and Ophelia. "So what do you have, a name or location?" She was sure hoping what she just traded for was going to be of some help, hell an exact location would be astounding and well worth a ride to the Rim and back. Tara was also pretty sure that they have over stayed their welcome in this part of town. No matter how much you try to blend in new arrivals always drew attention. It was time to make a move for better or worse.

Ophelia

[INSIDE BUTCHER SHOP]

"That's a shame, but Captain's orders are orders.  No hard feelings. Right. Get you patched up on the ship...wouldn't want that getting infected," Katrina observed, handing the girl a bit of gauze.

Ophelia snatched it from her and eyed her once more before setting it gently on her neck, patting it around, and pulling it back to look down at her precious blood staining the dingy piece of medical equipment. She had some favors to return, it seemed.

"You got what you wanted, now where's Lucky," the giant idiot doctor asked. Ophelia rolled her eyes.

"Information for the ride. You'll get your property back as soon as we have the information we need. Your ride is guaranteed. And no need to be worried about being left behind. The bargain is struck and I keep those, hell or Valhalla take me," Silje promised, withholding her data pad.

The girl scowled up at the insane woman and eyed her property in the hands of a stranger. More favors! Everyone would be getting one! It would be a god forsaken party with how many favors she'd be handing out...

"So what do you have, a name or location?" Their Captain asked.

She held her index finger up, using the hand she'd been holding out for her data pad so she wouldn't be standing there looking like an idiot waiting for something she wasn't getting back. "Why, my dear Captain, I have both!" she told her, her smile bright. "As your..." her eyes slid toward the other two women, trying to think of a delicate word for what she was thinking "...cretins, have put together. Big Al has your man. And if they were smart," she continued, moving forward to tap the screen of the data pad that was no longer in control. Once it was open, with her access code, the image from the street camera came back up onto the screen. Eyeing Silje, the blonde mob child pointed to a sign on the building next to the one Lucky seemed to be heading into, "they'd have noticed this. It's a shipping warehouse not far from here, I passed it before I ran into your fine upstanding crew," she added, looking mighty smug.

Andes Maley

Andes just nodded his head at Monte's comment. It was already clear to him that Monte was not part of the crew being that Andes was at the bar when Monte approached the others. At Monte's mention of the captain, Andes glanced at the doorway, "They better hurry, a group like us make a fine curiosity hanging out in front of the butcher's."

Katrina Markov

Quote"So what do you have, a name or location?"
Katrina kept her focus on Ophelia, appreciating Tara's approach,

Quote"Why, my dear Captain, I have both!" she told her, her smile bright. "As your..." her eyes slid toward the other two women, trying to think of a delicate word for what she was thinking "...cretins, have put together. Big Al has your man. And if they were smart," she continued, moving forward to tap the screen of the data pad that was no longer in control. Once it was open, with her access code, the image from the street camera came back up onto the screen. Eyeing Silje, the blonde mob child pointed to a sign on the building next to the one Lucky seemed to be heading into, "they'd have noticed this. It's a shipping warehouse not far from here, I passed it before I ran into your fine upstanding crew,"

Katrina smiled slightly, she had never been called a cretin before, it wasn't something that really fit her personality, or stature.  In fact she imagined a cretin as an old lecherous hump, but she supposed she was aging. Her eyes moved to the screen and saw the sign, they had indeed past it, she pursed her lips, ignoring Ophelia's comment.  She would be the first to admit she had gotten a tad carried away with the child, but she never went to school to deal with children. They were loud, and sticky. And had no sense of boundary.  ,

"Fair enough...We appreciate. Your cooperation." She smiled politely, and looked back up at Silje and Tara, "Let's move then shall we? And move as swiftly as possible." Kat moved forward and exited the butcher shop, hopefully with the rest in tow.

[KAT, TARA, OPHELIA, AND SILJE EXIT THE BUTCHER SHOP]

Looking around at the rest of the crew, Kat offered a brief smile, "Thanks to the information of Miss Baptist." She nodded her head slightly towards Ophelia, "We now have a location on Lucky.  He is located in a warehouse nearby, held by a....mutual friend. Big Al." Looking towards Tara, "Captain, how did you want to retrieve him?"

Mattie Rooney

Oh, thank God, Mattie thought when she saw Tara and the others emerging from the butcher shop. She'd had enough of small-talk to tide her over 'til the end of the week. She quickly stepped away from the wall she'd been leaning against and dropped her relaxed act in favor of her alert, let's-get-down-to-business stance.

"Thanks to the information of Miss Baptist. We now have a location on Lucky.  He is located in a warehouse nearby, held by a....mutual friend. Big Al."

When Katrina nodded head towards the so-called Miss Baptist, Mattie's eyes quickly glanced over the girl. There was less blatant contempt in her gaze this time, but she still wasn't thrilled at the sight of her. The fact that she'd been useful was nice and all, but nothing was free. Mattie got the feeling the little snot would be sticking around -- and if she had information on Big Al, she had to be something worse than your run-of-the-mill core brat.

"Yeah, what's the plan, Capt'n?" She turned to Tara, eagerly anticipating her response to Katrina's question. Now that they were finally getting somewhere, she was itching to get to work.
Dialogue color: darkkhaki

Tara Marx

Tara squinted before shielding her eyes with her hand as they slowly adjusted to the outside sunlight after exiting the butcher shop. Kat gave the crew a short quick update on the good and bad news. They had a location, but Lucky had been indeed seized by no less than Big Al. Alberich Siegfried to be exact, he loved cigars, guns and pretty woman though not necessarily in that order.

"Miss Ophelia here knows where the building holding Lucky is located, she'll lead us within eye sight then we'll scout it out for a bit and see just what we are dealing with." Tara took a moment to glance around. "We should break up our little troupe as we are drawing unneeded attention." Turning to Silje...."Once we have eyes on the location it might be prudent for you to head back to Phoenix and have her ready for a quick dust off, or worse case a pickup on sight."

Turning to the young lady..."Okay whenever you're ready." She looked to the others..."Let's split up each taking a side of the street. Kat and Monte with Ophelia and I, we'll regroup when we get close....Kaz you are in charge of the dogs." Tara paused thinking to herself for a moment, she knew they were in a hurry but they had to be cautious...she was pretty sure it was a trap. "Any last questions before we move?"

Andes Maley

Andes quickly slide the cards back into their pouch as the ladies exited, seemed like they were ready for the end game. He listened closely.

Quote"Any last questions before we move?"

"You call it out, the rest of us will move." He didn't mean to speak for his new companions but old habits died hard. He then had an idea, "If we are fairly sure that he is being held against his will in that place, any reason why we dont anonymously tip the authorities to it? Let them raid the place?" He didnt know much about this Big Al character, maybe he had the locals in his back pocket.

Kasimir Stern

Quote"Let's split up each taking a side of the street. Kat and Monte with Ophelia and I, we'll regroup when we get close....Kaz you are in charge of the dogs."

Quote"You call it out, the rest of us will move." "If we are fairly sure that he is being held against his will in that place, any reason why we dont anonymously tip the authorities to it? Let them raid the place?"

Kas grunted. "Usually best to let the authorities arrive after we're well and gone. They tend to make a mess of things. Might arrest Lucky just for being there. But it is of course not my call to make." The Eavesdown intonation still very present in his voice.

He half stifled a yawn, pushed off from the wall he had been leaning against, and took a few steps over to Ophelia. The dogs, one of which had been sitting almost-but-not-quite on his boot and the other which had been pacing back and forth in front of him, instantly fell in step with him.

He looked down at Ophelia and something almost approaching a caring and understanding look crossed his face. "Don't worry, wont take them from you." His gaze locked with the dogs and with a growl he gestured his head towards Ophelia, indicating they should stay with their master, and then took a couple steps further in the direction Tara had indicated. He hadn't been told to keep the dogs with him, only that he was in charge of them. And being in charge of them meant he could do with them what he willed.

Whether or not the dogs obeyed him remained to be seen.

Cyril Leland Wade

September 08, 2018, 09:58:58 AM #92 Last Edit: September 08, 2018, 09:59:37 AM by PurpleRiver
Lucky's head lolled downwards, his chin resting on his chest as his body fell forwards. The restraints around his arms behind his back was all that kept him from falling off the chair. His quips had long since subsided, and his hollering cries through barred teeth had now subsided too. He was silent as the grave.

"Uh, boss?" Baddie no. 2 ventured cautiously. He pressed a pair of fingers to Lucky's throat and felt no pulse. "I think you killed him."

Baddie no. 1 squatted down on his haunches in front of the motionless Lucky. He grabbed a tuft of shaggy, blonde, blood-spattered hair and lifted Lucky's head upwards. Eyelids fluttered open briefly.

"Not yet," Baddie no. 1 corrected. "But almost."

Tara Marx

September 17, 2018, 04:27:28 PM #93 Last Edit: September 17, 2018, 04:29:34 PM by Tara Marx
Quote from: Andes Maley"If we are fairly sure that he is being held against his will in that place, any reason why we dont anonymously tip the authorities to it? Let them raid the place?"

Quote from:  Kasimir Stern
"Usually best to let the authorities arrive after we're well and gone. They tend to make a mess of things. Might arrest Lucky just for being there. But it is of course not my call to make."

"I agree with Kaz, best we keep the Feds as far a way as possible. I'm sure we'll see enough of them once the shooting breaks out, and trust me, in my experience it always ends with gun play in one form or another." Tara took a moment to look over her small band of liberators. "Okay let's move out!" Tara spun on her heels and was headed off for the other side of the thoroughfare. She didn't look back to check if Kat, Monte and Ophelia were following. Instead she kept her eyes alert and forward scanning doorways and alleyways for anyone who might be on the lookout for them.

Ophelia

Ophelia walked out of the butcher shop accompanied by the Captain and her two insane crew mates, one hand resting on her glimmering purse and the other settled on her hip like an angry Tinkerbell. She'd gotten what she wanted, sure, but she had made a mental note to punish Silje and Kat once they were finished with their current business. They'd been bad, after all.

"Don't worry, wont take them from you,"
the big brute assured her.

Once more, the girl found herself staring up at Kas with equal parts confusion and curiosity fluttering across her angelic, porcelain face. She lifted her hand and idly tugged at one of her perfect golden ringlets, nose scrunched up as she nodded and attempted to fathom the way this man's mind worked. At his instruction, both of the massive dogs broke away from his side to rejoin their mistress and she bent down to pick up the loops of their sparkling leashes. "Thank you," she called after him, able to count the times she'd thanked someone on one hand.

Turning her head, the little mobster eyed the other girl who kept looking at her like she wasn't welcome, although Ophelia couldn't fathom why she might think that. Her bright blue gaze narrowed and her chin rose a little in challenge before she turned her head to stare at the man who'd suggested calling in the authorities. It would have been a fun plan, but then their 'Lucky' would have gotten pinched as well. There'd be no way they'd leave him behind, not when he was found in Big Al's care. One shoulder lifted and lowered before a smile touched her pink lips.

"Okay whenever you're ready," the Captain said.

The girl made a show of preening for longer than necessary, getting herself ready leisurely and taking her sweet time in doing so. It was up to her when they went, wasn't it? A self satisfied smile bloomed to life across her face before finally she sighed and started off down the way she'd come, leaving the group behind and assuming they'd follow. Her dogs walked on either side of her, their amber eyes scanning the surroundings, hungry drool dripping from their maws. They'd been fed not too long ago but once a dog tastes blood... well dog food was no longer satisfying.

She led the on a grand path that wound around shops, through living tennaments, and finally deposited them at the front of a beat up and all together unassuming warehouse. The kind no one might think to look too closely at unless they knew what they were looking for. Ophelia looked between the warehoue and the building behind it, spotting the camera and pointing up at it for Tara's benefit, showing her where the photo had been taken from.

"Ta da~" she murmured softly, a brow quirked. 

Rolemancer

October 03, 2018, 05:05:40 PM #95 Last Edit: October 03, 2018, 05:09:16 PM by Rolemancer
Ophelia led them on a grand path that wound around shops, through living tennaments, and finally deposited them at the front of a beat up and all together unassuming warehouse. The kind no one might think to look too closely at unless they knew what they were looking for. Ophelia looked between the warehoue and the building behind it, spotting the camera and pointing up at it for Tara's benefit, showing her where the photo had been taken from.

"Ta da~" she murmured softly, a brow quirked.

The little lass was correct at pointing out the building that held Tara's XO Lucky. The brickwork was old and the roof rusty, it was easily perceived this must have been one of the original structures built when the town was first settled, way off the beaten path and far from any roving Federal patrols. Tara no sooner had looked up at the camera when a heavy wooden side door on the storehouse swung violently open and three heavily armed men dressed in black rushed out with weapons up. Tara instantly could see the bright green laser on her chest.

The Triggerman eyed the group looking for any flawed attempt at invoking a gun fight right here and now. No matter who managed to get a shot off their Captain was for certain going down first. A glance up past the front rusty corrugated roof would show two more rifles aimed at them from behind a parapet wall. "Drop yer weapons!" A voice boomed from just inside the doorway. "Drop 'em, or Miss Marx here gets a few extra holes in 'er!" Any townfolk that were about had now hauntingly vanished from sight. "I'll not be askin' again!"

Ophelia

The little Lady stiffened as the door swung open, hitting the wall behind it with a loud clatter of wood on brick, small bits of the masonry crumbling and littering the ground, evidence of their clear lack of self control. A sigh lowered the girl's chest and Ophelia glanced back once to look at the light quivering in the center of the Captain's chest.

In immediate response, the two dogs at the ends of the shimmering leashes pulled forward, stopping with the restraints went taunt. The fur along their spine bristled high and stiff, legs apart and muscles roiling beneath dark hair. The male barked menacingly, spittle flying from his sharp teeth, eyes looking between the armed men. The female growled low in her throat, lips pulled back to expose the majority of her impressive canines, tongue lapping out every now and again in agitation. They could have easily pulled away from Ophelia, but had been trained well enough to know the leash meant they weren't supposed to attack just yet.

"I don't think you want me to drop these," the girl called back to the man in the shadows, a pleasant smile pulling at her pink lips. With her free hand, the girl reached up and tucked a few perfect golden curls behind a softly curved ear, looking ever the angel. Still the dogs pulled at the leashes, although Ophelia didn't seem too nervous about the presence of guns or the aggressiveness of her dogs.

"I'm Ophelia Angelique Baptist, and this is Henry and Jane," she began, introducing herself and her pets. She really didn't bother including the captain in her post. She was only not wanting her to get shot because she was her ride off planet. "I'll overlook this absolute lack of decorum, If you would be so kind to assist me in setting up a meeting with Uncle Al," she called him, although they'd never met personally. Still, a friend/acquaintance/occasional business partner to her Family might as well have been an uncle to the girl.

Mattie Rooney

As the crew members scattered and Mattie paired up with Kas, she found herself taking the lead and setting their pace. She allowed the distance between the two of them and Tara's group to grow so that they were essentially tailing the captain and the others. Mattie wasn't much of a strategist in general, but there were times when her gut told her one approach felt better than the others. By keeping her distance from the first group, she could watch their backs and keep an eye out for danger, and the entire crew wouldn't instantly land in hot water if something bad were to happen. Maybe it was in her sharpshooter blood to want to keep an eye out for danger from afar.

It turned out to be a good approach. After they'd followed Tara's group through the Eavesdown streets, sometimes momentarily losing sight of them but still staying on track, Mattie turned a corner in front of Kas, only to immediately duck back behind it, pushing him into cover.

"Tā mā de!", she hissed to herself, before turning to him, keeping her voice low. "Cap's group found the place, alright, welcomin' party an' all. I don't think they spotted me."

Pressing herself flat against the wall, Mattie risked a peek around the corner at the scene unfolding down the suddenly deserted backstreet. She counted three armed lackeys at the entrance; her gaze instinctively moved to the roof, scanning for snipers. Two more. She retreated back into cover, shaking her head. She might not have been all that disheartened if it it weren't for the fact that they already had their captain at gunpoint.

"Three on the ground, two on the roof", she said. "Looks like they're armed to the teeth, too."
Dialogue color: darkkhaki

Monte Furlong

Quote"Okay let's move out!" Tara spun on her heels and was headed off for the other side of the thoroughfare.

Monte fell in behind Tara, and then dropped back a few paces as she headed out. He wanted to have room to react in case things went go se, and he was pretty sure that was on the agenda. Big Al would certainly have his henchmen on guard.

As they swung around the various buildings along the way, Monte felt the hairs raise on the back of his neck. He fingered the auto pistol strapped under his right armpit as the came into a clearing a short distance from an imposing warehouse. He bit his lip.

Tara Marx

October 16, 2018, 04:31:39 PM #99 Last Edit: October 16, 2018, 04:33:26 PM by Tara Marx
"I'll overlook this absolute lack of decorum, If you would be so kind to assist me in setting up a meeting with Uncle Al."

It wasn't the first time Tara had been caught by the short hairs and she was sure it wouldn't be the last, if she survived that is. Tara admired the young lady's bravado and seeing bullets hadn't started flying it seemed she struck a chord. Gryphon's Captain slowly raised her hands and motioned to Kat and Monte to do the same. "Yes a meeting would be prudent and I speak for all of us." Tara slowly lowered her left hand and unfastened her gun belt and let it drop sending up a brief cloud of dust.

Tara watched the gunmen closely as they seemed to be waiting for directions from someone hidden inside the dark doorway. "I am looking for my friend Mister Wade, I am willing to come to some sort of agreement....a trade of information for Wade. Nice and peacefull like." If it was Alberich Siegfried behind all of this, she knew exactly what he wanted, the same information she wanted from the Prehistorian Furlong. Perhaps a deal could be hashed out that would be advantageous to both groups.