S2E7 - Greenleaf Stopover

Started by Desertpuma, May 06, 2018, 12:59:14 PM

Lin Kuei

May 06, 2018, 12:59:14 PM Last Edit: August 02, 2019, 06:29:23 PM by Lin Kuei
Ronin having lifted off of Greenleaf made its way to the Skyplex hovering about the planet. The goal in general for ship was to get a little recuperation in for a day and perhaps pickup a little information along the way.

Lin Kuei

May 06, 2018, 01:52:26 PM #1 Last Edit: May 06, 2018, 01:57:18 PM by Lin Kuei
Lin grabbed a comm and reported into the Greenleaf Skyplex that they needed docking instructions. The reply was short and direct causing Lin to raise an eyebrow. He reminded himself not to take Assistant Dockmaster Kurtz to the floor as the man was probably just doing his job. From his seat, the Greenleaf Skyplex looked busy with three ships are filling all but one of the docking spots which was now reserved for them. "Park us gently, Nat. No reason to knock it out of the sky."

Started to climb out of the pilot's chair then stopped grabbed the comm again for a ship wide message. "We are about to dock at the Greenleaf Skyplex at the main level bay three. The place is busy three other ships' crews being about. No one get lost once inside and head to the Flying Camel Saloon for a round on me. I have to pay a visit to someone on board then I'll join you."

Lin finally climbed out of his seat. Moving through Ops, he stepped swiftly toward the armory then past it into his own cabin. A quick search revealed the money he expected to need plus a book of notes which he skimmed then hid again. He hoped things were going to change quickly for part of his crew. If he could get Ian on his feet again by helping him recover his ship Glory, perhaps then he could give him a mission to help in the fight to take down Nikola.

Lin made his way toward the cargo bay. As soon as it docked and the seal was applied, he lowered the ramp to confront Kurtz and soften any fears he might have about them being on board the Skyplex. "Slammer class, ship name is Ronin."

"Ronin?!? Look, we do not want any ... "

"Relax. We are not here for anyone in particular. The crew just needs a day off."

Lin noted the man's response. There was a slow ripple through the docking bay area as the ship name of Ronin was added to the list of other ships now on the docking ring. Lin quickly paid Kurtz along with a little extra to stifle his concerns. The other ship names showed as Claymore (Dragonfly class), Deliverance (Humpback Class) and Wushu (Hotaru Class). The last one was a name Lin recognized so perhaps he may run into one or both of them if they still were in charge of the ship that is.

The Flying Camel Saloon was only just around the bend from the ship so it was easily accessible. Lin waited until the crew had left (or at least those actually going to the Saloon) before he raised the ramp and locked it. When the crew went left, he disappeared into the crowd of people to the right. He had to head to the belly of the beast for what he needed and would catch up with them in short order.

Jerilyn Gordon

May 06, 2018, 07:08:42 PM #2 Last Edit: May 06, 2018, 07:13:26 PM by Jerilyn Gordon
Jerilyn Gordon closed the personal storage locker located just off the concourse of the Greenleaf Skyplex and pocketed the key card. She shifted her shoulder bag and brushed back her pony tail with her left hand while watching the crowd of nar-do-wells wandering to and fro. She smiled as the thought that she might actually be getting off this spinning top fairly soon. Too long had she been stuck here, waiting on any opportunity to jump on an outgoing vessel and get back to the Black. It was, after all, her home out there. No land mass could compare.

She felt a grumble in her stomach and thought about catching a bite... and a drink... before she had to show herself for the next opportunity. She started off in the general direction of Bar Town, her appetite growing as she went.

-----

She settled into the bar booth with her order of protein strip and fries, a tumbler of saki and assorted condiment packets. She looked back at the signage over the front doorway, Flying Camel Saloon, and giggled. Well, if they fly, they won't have to worry about the sand.

The place was fairly busy; seems a new ship had just landed and looked like the crew had shown up in a cluster.

Amorru Reyes

May 07, 2018, 05:10:02 PM #3 Last Edit: May 07, 2018, 07:11:14 PM by Amorru Reyes
Making his way off Wushu under the guise of pursuing "piloting supplies", Amorru made haste toward the Flying Camel. The concourse seemed busier than his last walk through, though the tiny merchant enclaves didn't appear to benefit from the traffic. Feeling as if he swam upstream against a river of whispered rumour regarding a recently docked Slammer named Ronin, Amorru slowly cut through the crowd. Huh. How ya figure a ship docks just as I'm wishin' it? Figure it's fate.

Entering the Camel, Amorru scanned the room, keeping an eye out for fresh faces. He feigned wandering aimlessly through the bar, playing at observing the games as he eavesdropped for talk about Ronin and swiped the occasional unattended drink. Growing disinterested in the Mahjong tables, Amorru turned to investigate the bar itself when he felt his appetite piqued by the smell of fresh fries. Locating the source of the mouth-watering aroma, the pilot fluffed the tufts of vibrant fabric sticking out the slashed shoulders of his navy blue jacket and followed the server as they carried the condiment-laden tray to the meal's intended patron.

If the fries enticed his stomach, their awaiting consumer proved a feast for his eyes. Well if she doesn't know anything about Ronin, there's definitely worse ways to pass the time. Amorru lifted a short glass of sparkling orangish liquid from the server's tray as he slid deftly past with a feinting step he often used to bypass an opposing duelist's defenses. He approached the booth, trying to hide the ridiculous look on his face after taking a sip of the surprisingly sour drink in his hand. Clearing his throat with an unflattering cough, Amorru attempted to regain his composure as he exchange the drink for one at a nearby table. "Beg your pardon, love, but I don't think I've ever seen anyone quite so... Adventurous. With their condiments, I mean. Horse radish, wasabi, jalapeno-cranberry relish... You know, I always liked raspberry chocolate sauce with my fries. I hate to interrupt your meal, but are you with a ship called Ronin by chance?" Amorru didn't fancy she had a thing to do with Ronin, but he figured she was good for a free meal.
It's a mechanical bull at number one You'll take a ride from anyone
Everyone wants a ride, pulls away, Ooh, From you

Metric, "Black Sheep"

Grace Halladay

May 07, 2018, 07:08:44 PM #4 Last Edit: May 07, 2018, 07:35:50 PM by Grace Halladay
Grace followed Amorru out but he had a head start and the crowded hallways of the station were difficult to navigate, especially when one couldn't simply barge their way through as the diminutive doctor was incapable of doing.  He had made his way back to the Flying Camel, she had almost caught up with him when he sat at the bar next to a woman.  Of course a woman, there was always a woman and she was a knock out... of course she was.

Deciding to do some recon she found an empty two person table and sat down.  A server came by not too long after though she too busy watching Amorru and when presented the drink menu just picked something at random.  What was he doing, looking for a quickie before take off?  So like him and the fluzie he was with.  What was she even wearing?  The server coming by broke her gaze from the back of his head for the first time and gave her a brief reprieve from her blind, illogical, unfounded... jealousy.

She barely looked at the amber liquid presented to her and took in a mouthful, her decision to let it hit her tongue was to her peril as the poison bit just as hard as the hot tea from moments ago, which itself still left a lasting sting.  She nearly spit it out as well but covered her mouth and forced it down.  A coughing fit ensued as she sincerely thought she had been poisoned.  Of course you have Grace you just drank alcohol.  It's poison.  As she slowly recovered from the vile aftertaste she realized at that moment that liquids and her were now at war and briefly contemplated rigging up a system to receive all of her future liquids through intravenous.

She thought she'd seen Amorru's head move and ducked down low to the table.  Not low enough to greet her current self esteem but hopefully enough so that Amorru wouldn't spot her.

Charity

After Grace had retreated from the nice breakfast Charity had planned (although not prepared) for them both, she'd been more than a little putout. So, like any completely rational person, she'd followed the Doctor to the medbay and peeked in every so often, not wanting to disturb her but also really wanting to disturb her. Hours went by and her stomach protested her skipping of lunch, but she was on a mission. It was difficult for her to give the other woman space when all Charity wanted to do was go inside and lavish her with affection and overly expensive trinkets. But she was learning that maybe Grace liked to have time to herself every so often. She was a strange woman.

So, to be considerate, Charity waited a full three seconds before following Grace out of the ship. She was making progress! Of course, if it had been hard for Grace to push through the crowd, it was disgustingly easy for Charity. People seemed to get out of her way, although she couldn't fathom why. But in any case, she was anything but stealthy, with her skirts rustling, her jewelry jingling and her heels clicking, everything about her announced her presence and demanded attention. The crimson of her dress stood out almost more than the gold had, the bright color vivid against the grey and browns of the Skyplex. She had a good memory and with that, coupled with the copious amount of signage, Charity was able to make her way to the Flying Petri Dish...

The debutante stood in the doorway of the saloon with absolutely no attempt made at being discrete. She moved onto her tip toes and tilted her body left and right in an attempt to find where Grace had gotten to. She'd been able to follow her in this direction and had only assumed this was where she'd gone, although doubt began to nag at her that perhaps she'd been wrong and she was now in a bed of vipers without any protection. Before a nice panic could set in, the coughing caught her attention and she spotted Grace hunkering down at a table.

Turning, Charity made her way toward her new friend, once again trying not to touch anyone or anything on her way to the doctor. She was still plenty oblivious to just how bright a beacon she was in her gown, the gold around her neck and the jewels on her fingers sparkling in the dim light of the bar. If Grace had been trying to hide from someone, Charity might have just ruined that by moving like a giant glimmering spotlight to her table. Sliding one hand over her rear to smooth out her skirt, the crimson-clad woman sat and smiled brightly in Grace's direction, "You could have come to my room, you know," she told the other woman, "I'd like to think I could have offered you something better than that," she added, pointing to the swill Grace was drinking and looking playfully hurt. She clearly hadn't noticed Amorru at the bar.
Dialogue Color: AntiqueWhite

Jerilyn Gordon

Quote"Beg your pardon, love, but I don't think I've ever seen anyone quite so... Adventurous. With their condiments, I mean. Horse radish, wasabi, jalapeno-cranberry relish... You know, I always liked raspberry chocolate sauce with my fries. I hate to interrupt your meal, but are you with a ship called Ronin by chance?"

The man introduced himself to Jeri, and she smiled at his pleasurable banter. She nodded at the other seat at her booth.

"I'm not familiar with that ship as such, but I am looking for a berth if you happen to know of one. Are you a crew member? Oh, and please, have a seat and get out of the crowd if you like. i'd enjoy the company, truth be told. Try the wasabi, it really sparks the salt on the fries."

She dipped another fry into the green goop and sucked on one end before biting it in half. A drop of sauce fell on the plate as she waved the half fry in direction of the other sauces in offering to share.

Monty

May 08, 2018, 05:35:42 PM #7 Last Edit: May 08, 2018, 07:11:34 PM by Monty
[RONIN DOCKING RING]

Monty no sooner heard the words 'Go to the bar', that he had changed into some less dirty clothes and washed his face. It had been a good while since he had work on a transport that made berth on a Skyplex, though it had only been a short trip it still put him in a cheery mood. The old Monty would just head out armed with a large wrench but nowadays he slipped a small pocket pistol into his trousers along with a nice sharp folder....and the wrench for good luck. As Monty made his way to exit Ronin he looked for crew to grab along the way, safety in numbers was rule one. "Hey Helena! ....Nat! .....anyone ready to go? ....First round on me!"

Grace Halladay

"You could have come to my room, you know... I'd like to think I could have offered you something better than that,"  Grace still suffering from the after effects of the unexpected explosion of vile in her mouth pulled her kerchief out and wiped her lips.  Giving Charity a sort of sarcastic smile and a roll of the eyes.

"I swear I ordered water.  Anyway what are you doing here?  Looking to risk ruining another dress?"  She queried, trying to stay attentive to the woman but her eyes keeping tabs on the pilot who was now being engaged by the woman.  Who eats fries?  Seriously.  Grace had to admit this wasn't her finest moment.

In an attempt not to be suspicious she tried to keep her attention on the lovely one and raised her glass slightly off the ground before remembering what it was and set it down, sliding it to the side.

Ian Dugan

Ian had followed Abe to the cargo bay and was about to answer any questions that she might have had but Lin announced lift off in a few minutes.
"We'd better get strapped in.  There's a nice bar on the skyplex.  We'll continue this there."

Once the Ronin arrived, Ian stepped off the ship.  He was decked out in his duster and black jeans.  His weapons rode his hips and Abe was by his side.

"Came here with the Glory a time or two.  Soon we'll come back here with her again."

They entered the bar and sat at a nearby table, both with their backs to the wall.  He checked all exit points and scanned the crowd.

"What did you want to ask me?"

Natascha Santiago-Negron

Well, boss man didn't have to tell her twice. Giving a quick salute, Nat stopped by her room once more to quickly check and see if she was presentable station-side: looking good, no problem. She grabbed her wallet and bailed, hopping down the stairs of the catwalk towards the cargo bay and grinning at the waiting Monty.

"Well, aren't you just the spitting image of a gentleman, Mr. Delmonte~"

Sealing her playful banter with a wink, Nat sidestepped the man and went down to the open cargo bay doors- the familiar scent of steel and recycled oxygen hitting her nostrils. Space stations- you either love 'em or you don't.
I'm a courier- don't you want me to handle your package~?

Amorru Reyes

Quote from: Jerilyn Gordon

"I'm not familiar with that ship as such, but I am looking for a berth if you happen to know of one. Are you a crew member? Oh, and please, have a seat and get out of the crowd if you like. i'd enjoy the company, truth be told. Try the wasabi, it really sparks the salt on the fries."

Amorru accepted the woman's invitation with a smile and an easy nod as he slid into the booth across from her. She encouraged him to share in her meal, a treat Amorru thankfully worked very little to earn. Taking her advice, Amorru lifted one of the fried logs of salty starch with ringed fingers and broke it in half. He rolled one half very lightly in the spicy green sauce and took a bite. Not sure what to think at first, Amorru forced himself to keep chewing. Surprised,  he found his host's tastes quite agreeable. The smokey spice paire with the course salt quite well. His eyebrows shot up at the woman across the table. He chewed silently, swallowed, and licked his upper lip.

"I wouldn't have figured, but you're spot on there. Looking for a boat you say? I've got a crew myself. If you want to call it that. Can't say I'm honestly long for the trip or the company. Came back here hopin' for another offer. Ought to be plenty of work to find. Figure someone ought to be lookin' for a pilot. Particularly one so bold and charming."
It's a mechanical bull at number one You'll take a ride from anyone
Everyone wants a ride, pulls away, Ooh, From you

Metric, "Black Sheep"

Charity

"I swear I ordered water.  Anyway what are you doing here?  Looking to risk ruining another dress?"

Charity watched Grace for a few silent moments, her lips turned upward and one brow raised ever so slightly. Very slowly she shifted her gaze from the doctor to the direction she kept looking, understanding dawning on her the moment her eyes rested upon the fancy pilot and the unknown bombshell. Of course, her smile only broadened and her attention returned to her new friend, "What are you doing here?" she asked curiously, humor in her voice and mischief in her eyes.

Suddenly searching, the aristocrat looked around the saloon, a stray curl of her dark hair slipping from its confines to frame her face, "Would you like to play another game with me, Grace?" she asked, her attention scanning the patrons for something specific. When she found it, a large man hunched over at a table, drinking by himself and holding a glass of alcohol with hands big enough to smother a man, she gestured a server over. "Good evening," she began pleasantly, pointing in the man's direction, "My friend over there is terribly shy and has asked me to do him a favor. Being one of his closest friends, I have no choice, do I?" she asked, drawing a sympathetic furrowing of the server's brows. Charity's own brows knit a little as she nodded to herself, one hand resting over her heart tragically. "You see, he would like a glass of your nicest...anything...to be sent over to that man," she continued, turning her finger toward Amorru, "with his greatest compliments, of course," she requested, beaming up at the server with the full force of her charm.

Seeming a little confused but perfectly amenable to the request, the server left them alone, deftly moving through the crowd with a practiced ease. A few moments passed before said waiter dropped by Amorru and his companion's position at the bar, setting the glass of whiskey down near him and the fries, "Compliments of the man sitting just there," he murmured to them both, discretely pointing at the ham-fisted brute sitting on his own, who happened to look up, entirely coincidentally.

"Well, now!" Charity murmured, grinning and leaning closer to Grace, her jeweled fingers curling around the poor woman's glass so that she could move it out of her reach. "Let's try to get you that water," she offered, not wanting this awful concoction to get anywhere near the doctor's mouth again.
Dialogue Color: AntiqueWhite

Grace Halladay

"What are you doing here?"

Grace knew Charity had quickly caught on to her rouse almost immediately so she didn't bother answering the question.  Charity looked around the room for something and then the dreaded words came.

"Would you like to play another game with me, Grace?"

"No.  No I really don't."  She responded recalling the last "game" they had played but it was too late the young beauty had already begun it, calling the server over.  Grace could only sit there and watch as she set up an elaborate scheme.  This wasn't going to end well.  In an act of kindness she pushed the vile liquid away from Grace and offered to get her a glass of water.

"You know... I think I'm good.  Not having the best luck with liquids today."  She let out a stilted breath as she leaned in to Charity.

"Look I know what you're thinking.  I was just going to talk to him about us... on the same ship.  I guess I should've figured he'd be with a girl thirty seconds after walking into a bar."

Fey

[RONIN DOCKING RING]
"On my way!" Helena hollered back at Monty. She stopped by Vega's room quickly and gave a knock on the door.
"Some of us are headin' to one of the local drinking joints around here if you care to join, feel free to swing by the cargo bay." She gave him a quick wink and jogged off to  meet Monty, she couldn't wait to get off the boat.

"Well, aren't you just the spitting image of a gentleman, Mr. Delmonte~"
"You know she's not wrong," Helena came up behind Monty and offered him a playful grin, "You really know how to treat a girl, first date shoppin' for guns, now you're offering to buy drinks.  Best be careful Monty I might start to fall for ya."  Helena gave him a wink and turned around, in her never ending flirtatious way.  The charm was hard to turn off at times, it was almost like a default for her. 

"Vega hurry your pigu up." She hollered into the depths of the ship, in the most un-lady like fashion possible.

Vega Barnet

Quote"Some of us are headin' to one of the local drinking joints around here if you care to join, feel free to swing by the cargo bay."

Vega grinned. "Sounds like a party, and I sure as hell could use a drink. I'll be right down." He was more or less ready, already dressed in casual pants, a pair of solid boots with steel toes, and a grey T shirt. He holstered Hound behind his back, attached his combat knife and sheathe to his belt, threw on a black leather jacket that hid the weapons and headed for the cargo bay. He was half way down the stairs when Helena hollered at him, and he naturally hollered back. "I'm here, I'm here!" He walked up to the group. "We waiting on anyone else?"

Jerilyn Gordon

May 10, 2018, 12:02:21 PM #16 Last Edit: May 10, 2018, 04:58:30 PM by Jerilyn Gordon
Quote"I wouldn't have figured, but you're spot on there. Looking for a boat you say? I've got a crew myself. If you want to call it that. Can't say I'm honestly long for the trip or the company. Came back here hopin' for another offer. Ought to be plenty of work to find. Figure someone ought to be lookin' for a pilot. Particularly one so bold and charming."

Jeri smiled at the thought of any ship offering a position for her. The fries and protein strips were rapidly disappearing and the bar was getting more and more occupied and thereby noisy. She knew that any moment now, conversation would become difficult. Strange that as large a saloon as this was, that the acoustics would wrap the sounds so inefficiently.

"Well, I've seen a couple of alerts to inbound ships. Maybe one of them will be our next out. What's your specialty?"

As her eyes scanned the bar, she noticed that one woman at the counter seemed interested in their conversation, but frequently broke eye contact to chat with the other woman with her.

“Compliments of the man sitting just there,” he murmured to them both, discretely pointing at the ham-fisted

Jeri squinted up at the waiter, and then at the glass and back at her companion.

Lin Kuei

Slipping through the crowd, Lin made his way back to Ronin. The hustle and bustle of the station made it easy enough to elude those who might be pursuing him. He had stopped by a bathroom two levels down and briefly washed his hands before continuing on to the docking ring. Sidestepping around families watching a juggler with flaming torches, Lin darted off to one side and stood in the shadows.

Aided by his attire being black, he watched from a distance as Ronin's crew headed off for the saloon. A few minutes later, Velocity carried her violin and what few belongings Lin had rescued her with off of the ship before she made through the crowd past her now former crewmates. He was about to move forward when McKayla exited as well and moved in the same direction as Velocity. They either had left together or just happened to be heading the same way and both had their possessions. Lin shrugged as there were three other ships they could go jump on to.

He almost caught himself unawares when the two men from engineering deck arrived. Lin waited until they passed him then moved away from Ronin in the other direction around the ring. He had the information he needed but now needed to remove the obstacles without involving his crew. Hopefully, he did not hemorrhage more members. Taking a marble out of a pocket, Lin fired it at the head of one of the men then moved down the corridor. The impact caused him to be spotted and his pursuers started giving chase.

Jolene Blaylocke

"Yes, I'm old enough, and no, it's not a fake ID." Standing halfway across the room of the bar, the tiny woman looked anything but intimidating. Jo hadn't been expecting to be stopped as there hadn't been a bouncer at the door and now glared at the man impeding her progress. Fists balled up and on her hips, she glared up at him as he checked and checked for any indication that the ID was fake. Just as he started to hand it back and waive her on, she snatched the ID and stalked around the man with a growl of frustration.

Tossing her loose braid over her shoulder with a shake of her head, Jo wove her way to a back corner booth. Her messenger bag came up and over her head and was tossed none too gently onto the seat and she dropped down next to it. Clad all in black, she hoped to disappear a little back here, despite the man pointing her out with a chuckle to the others working in the place. Arms dropping onto the table, the black sweater slid off of one shoulder and she huffed, blowing stray locks of hair from her face.

Firing one more attempt at a withering glare, which failed miserably with her brown doe eyes, Jo turned her attention to fishing her cortex link out of her bag and started scrolling. She needed to find work soon. Her ankles crossed and she absently started swinging her feet, bumping them against the seat. As job after job scrolled by, she sighed as she felt heat rising into her cheeks at the whole situation. It wasn't the first time she'd been mistaken for being too young. It only got more and more frustrating.

Fey

Quote"We waiting on anyone else?"

Helena shook her head, "Nope just you princess, hope you had enough time to get ready for the ball." She gave him a playful grin and nodded her head towards the bar. She was in a particularly good mood this evening, she wasn't quite sure why but she knew some kind of adventure was coming their way, and she was looking forward to it.

Helena took in a deep breath enjoying the "air." At least it wasn't the air that was circulated through the ship.  The bar was in eye sit and she increased her cadence towards the established with a slight skip in her step, as she approached the door she looked back at Monty,
"So top shelf right?Since you're paying and all." Helena grinned at him, obviously kidding, no way any of them could afford that kind of liquor. 

A few patrons were already in the establishment, one in particular was clearly out of place, but she had company.  A companion maybe? Regardless of the occupation the woman clearly had the means to dress well, Helena smirked and shook her head as she continued to look around. A rather attractive man with presumably his date, or someone he was trying to go home with. 

She found an empty table in the back of the bar and waved the waitress over, "I'll have your finest whiskey, with the least amount of water added to it and the cheapest price." Helena grinned and took a seat as she waited for her compatriots to join her.