An Alluring Escape

Started by Jesse, June 16, 2018, 09:17:09 PM

Elena

"Of course, as soon as it's done Cap't.  I swear, I'll make this place like a castle with mote, no one's getting past our network," Jesse assured her.

Elena's gaze remained leveled upon the woman, one brow raised and her expression stoic. Her expression was much like a cat staring upon a rabbit who'd wandered into its garden. And this cat was still contemplating whether or not to eat the poor dear. A gentle exhale lowered her shoulders and she smiled softly at the comp tech, seemingly pleased with her answer. With one more long and blatantly obvious once-over, the Companion reached up to make sure her immaculately styled hair was still in its proper form, which of course, it was.

"Doctor Casey, once you're done here, would you mind showing our newest addition to her assigned room?" she asked, smiling warmly in Brenna's direction. She didn't feel like sharing the doctor's first name with Jesse, not yet. She felt like the woman hadn't earned such familiarity. Dangerous mischief glimmered deep her in eyes when she turned to look at Jesse again, "Unless you would prefer I take you there myself?" she asked, her smile bright and her head tilted a bit in question.

Brenna Casey

Brenna looked once more to Elena, nodding with one of her more faint smiles. She understood what Elena was doing by not sharing first names simply by the look on her friends face. "I'm sure you have other things to tend to with the ship preparing to get underway soon. I can manage getting our new friend settled." As she finished speaking, she carefully removed the monitor and began to put everything away.

Glancing at Jesse, she inwardly noted just how nervous the girl looked. There was certainly something amiss with the girl, something she wasn't ready to talk about. Maybe, given a little time, the girl would open up. Finally, Brenna offered the girl what she hoped was a reassuring smile. "Come on, let's find you a bunk and you can get settled, hm?"

Jesse Walker

Quote"Unless you would prefer I take you there myself?"

Jesse tried wave off Elena nonchalantly, though she didn't want to spend anymore time with the woman alone, than she had to, "No, no, you're far  too busy.  I'll just bother the good doctor here." She patted the woman's arm hoping she'd save her from the captain.

Quote"I'm sure you have other things to tend to with the ship preparing to get underway soon. I can manage getting our new friend settled."

A sigh of relief escaped her lips, with a grateful smile up at the doctor, Jesse nodded.
Quote"Come on, let's find you a bunk and you can get settled, hm?"

"Yes, sure, that sounds good." Jesse slid off the table and picked up her back throwing it over her shoulder, "Perhaps you could show me to the ship's main computer as well? I think I have an inclination....but I'd rather not wander there, by myself."

Elena

"I'm sure you have other things to tend to with the ship preparing to get underway soon. I can manage getting our new friend settled," Brenna assured her.

"No, no, you're far  too busy.  I'll just bother the good doctor here," Jesse insisted. 

Her smile widened and her chin tilted downward in a curt nod, "I'll leave things up to you then, Doctor," she murmured softly before turning and gliding toward the door. She paused in the threshold and looked back at the comp tech for a moment before offering her a pleasant smile and a nearly cryptic, "Welcome aboard," before turning and sashaying out of the room, her skirts rustling around her legs with each step. She'd need to forward the new crewmate's file to her XO as well as Max and Damien. So for now, she left Jesse in Brenna's care, both trusting the doctor to do her job and not having gotten and violent vibes from the stammering stowaway.

Brenna Casey

Quote from: Jesse Walker on June 28, 2018, 04:51:02 PM
"Yes, sure, that sounds good. Perhaps you could show me to the ship's main computer as well? I think I have an inclination....but I'd rather not wander there, by myself."

Brenna's smile grew a little as she finished putting away the monitors and secured the blood sample in the cooled storage unit. Then, she turned and scooped up her cortex link. Instead of moving immediately to the door, she opted to let Elena get clear of the area just outside of medical in the hope that Jesse's tension would let up. Taking a slow breath, she let it out and checked through the windows.

"I say we start with your room first. That way you can drop off your things so you don't have to carry them all over. Then we can do a tour of the ship, so you can get a look around." With no sign of Elena just outside medical, Brenna motioned for Jesse to follow. She knew where the comp tech would have been assigned so opted to head there. If it was wrong, she could always take the heat from Elena later, though likely there wouldn't be any.

Stepping outside, she started down the corridor immediately ahead of them at an easy pace. "There's probably going to be someone bunking with you, though I haven't heard exactly whether or not that is set in stone. Bunk beds in the room and as you're first here, I suppose that means you get first choice."

Jesse Walker

Jesse felt a little more at ease with doctor instead of the captain.  She was kind, and calm, and didn't have dark scary eyes that bore into your soul.
Quote"I say we start with your room first. That way you can drop off your things so you don't have to carry them all over. Then we can do a tour of the ship, so you can get a look around.There's probably going to be someone bunking with you, though I haven't heard exactly whether or not that is set in stone. Bunk beds in the room and as you're first here, I suppose that means you get first choice."

She nodded along and looked around the boat as she they walked along, she didn't mind roommates, after all she shared a cell for over  two years with the same grizzly woman. 

"I've always been more of a bottom bunk kind of girl..."Easier to escape.. She thought to her self. "SO, how long have you been around? Do you know the cap't well?" Or the dragon lady? Jesse shuddered slightly, the woman really was terrifying.

Brenna Casey

Brenna looked over her shoulder as they approached the door to the room that had come to mind for Jesse and whomever her roommate would be. Pausing she turned to face the door, pressing the button to open it and lifting one hand to gesture for Jesse to look or step inside as she chose. "I've known our captain for three years. As far as the ship, well, since we're really just getting started, I've only been on board since yesterday." It still felt incredibly odd referring to Elena as her captain. The woman would forever be a dear friend first, though Brenna knew there would be times where protocol trumped friendship.

"I worked for her as a House physician at the training house on Londinium. It was a bit of a surprise when she sent me the offer for an interview for that. I was apparently highly recommended by a mutual acquaintance we shared." It all seemed like ages ago that she'd first set foot on the ground of the training house. That first walk down the path leading in came back to her, a sweet memory like a soft breeze. Faintly, she shook her head at her slipping into nostalgia. "When she got this offer, she asked me to come along. We'd gotten to be good friends and she can be a very convincing woman."

Jesse Walker

Jesse moved into the room and slid her bag off onto the lower bunk. She wondered who she'd be bunking with, hopefully they were easy to get along with.  Though it did take a lot for Jesse to dislike someone.

She looked back at the doctor, listening to her back story.  "Companion eh?" So that's what they do here. She was going to look later to determine what she had actually roped her self into, though the doctor seemed to help her with that.  "You know, I never did catch your name...unless you just want me to call you doc." She offered the doctor a lopsided grin.  She probably would've found out later regardless, however she felt asking was the more polite way of obtaining information.

Brenna Casey

Quote from: Jesse Walker on June 29, 2018, 05:26:50 PM
"Companion eh?"

It was minor slip, but letting on that she had no idea what the Allure was about was another note to file away for Brenna. While it very easily could have been due to nerves, it couldn't be discounted, especially with the kinds of information that would be needing to be safeguarded. Remaining in the hall, so as not to crowd Jesse, Brenna's head tilted ever so slightly, the briefest moment of surprise passing across her features.

"Hmm... it's not often I get the personal treatment in the professional setting. Most generally stick with Doc, Doc Casey or just Doctor. Even after knowing me for a while. I suppose it makes them comfortable." Not intending to stall really, she knew Elena had wanted to keep first names out of the equation. Something about Jesse was indeed off, but there was also something that lead Brenna to feel a tad more comfortable when people used her first name rather than just her title. "It's Brenna."

Jesse Walker

Jesse was glad the doctor was warming enough up to reveal her name. At least she'd have one friend on this ship, even if the captain did throw her out the airlock.

"Well it's nice to meet you Brenna, and thanks for the tour....and the check up. You can call me Jesse." She grinned at the woman and looked around her room,  "Supposed I'll just unpack now and get started on securing the network, as the captain asked. She's not really a woman I'd like to piss off." Though Jesse knew she had already succeeded in doing so. "Perhaps I'll find you later?"