Character Application Template

Started by Cortex Mainframe, July 25, 2012, 05:44:27 PM

Cortex Mainframe

July 25, 2012, 05:44:27 PM Last Edit: May 12, 2020, 10:44:55 AM by Lomari
By submitting an application you agree to abide by our rules and regulations.  Please be aware of Character Restrictions, including our ruling on multiple characters, before applying.

To apply for a character at Finding Serenity, please follow these simple steps.

A few notes:
THE CHARACTER SHOULD BE SUBMITTED UNDER THE PLAYER'S OOC ACCOUNT, NOT THE CHARACTER ACCOUNT.

Remember to post after the coding on each line where it says "TYPE HERE" to get the correct formatting as shown below.

If you are posting a character sheet before it is complete, please let us know by marking it as (WIP) in the topic description. When you are finished editing and ready for the application to be approved, delete the (WIP) tag.

Don't hesitate to PM noseatbelts if you need any assistance, or just to let him know that your app is ready for review. Once reviewed, noseatbelts will submit your application to the site admins for approval.

Copy and paste the code below into a new Topic in the Character Application Forum.  The Title of the topic should be your characters name.

[center]
[size=24pt]CHARACTER NAME HERE[/size]
PLAYER NAME HERE
PLAY BY IMAGE HERE (optional)
[/center]
[table][tr][td]

[/td][/tr]
[tr][td][b][i]Age:  [/i][/b][/td][td]TYPE HERE[/td][/tr]
[tr][td]

[/td][/tr]
[tr][td][b][i]Gender:  [/i][/b][/td][td]TYPE HERE[/td][/tr]
[tr][td]

[/td][/tr]
[tr][td][b][i]Primary Occupation:  [/i][/b][/td][td]TYPE HERE[/td][/tr]
[tr][td]

[/td][/tr]
[tr][td][b][i]Secondary Occupation (optional):  [/i][/b][/td][td]TYPE HERE[/td][/tr]
[tr][td]

[/td][/tr]
[tr][td][b][i]Appearance:  [/i][/b][/td][td]TYPE HERE[/td][/tr]
[tr][td]

[/td][/tr]
[tr][td][b][i]Faceclaim:  [/i][/b][/td][td]TYPE HERE[/td][/tr]
[tr][td]

[/td][/tr]
[tr][td][b][i]Initial Personality:  [/i][/b][/td][td]TYPE HERE[/td][/tr]
[tr][td]

[/td][/tr]
[tr][td][b][i]Underlying Personality:  [/i][/b][/td][td]TYPE HERE[/td][/tr]
[tr][td]

[/td][/tr]
[tr][td][b][i]Known History:  [/i][/b][/td][td]TYPE HERE[/td][/tr]
[tr][td]

[/td][/tr]
[tr][td][b][i]Other History:  [/i][/b][/td][td]TYPE HERE[/td][/tr]
[tr][td]

[/td][/tr]
[tr][td][b][i]Skills and Strengths:  [/i][/b][/td][td] TYPE HERE[/td][/tr]
[tr][td]

[/td][/tr]
[tr][td][b][i]Weaknesses:  [/i][/b][/td][td] TYPE HERE
[tr][td]

[/td][/tr][/table]
[hr]

[hr]
CHARACTER NAME
(Name your character whatever you like, however we ask that you do not use Canon names from this or any other setting. Also avoid naming your character anything offensive.)
PLAYER NAME
(Your OOC Alias. Please maintain the same naming conventions for Character Names listed above, and register an OOC account before posting your application.)

An image can be posted at the top of the application and centered.  Please keep the image to 500 x 500 pixels or smaller. Animated .gifs are allowed.

[/url]

Age:  Ordinarily, the younger your character is, the less skilled he/she should be (unless there's a very good explanation in the history).

Gender:  Male or Female is all that is required; if you feel the need to specify biological gender vs identity, you may.

Primary Occupation:  Main skill set (eg. pilot, mechanic, public relations).

Secondary Occupation:  What role your character can perform on ship if your first choice is already taken.

Appearance:  A paragraph or two describing what your character looks like. What color hair? Eyes? Height, weight, build? Distinguishing marks? Clothing? What sense would another character get just by looking at your character?

Face Claim:  We do require a play by

Initial Personality:  Think about how you would describe your character if you were meeting them for the first time. This is the public front we tend to use.

Underlying Personality:  Once people get to know your character, what will they find? 

Known History:  What is available to learn about your character on the cortex? What would their friends say? Any outstanding warrants? Think of it as a dossier. Anything a decent investigator would be able to find out.

Other History:  This is the rest of your character's story; the personal moments that shaped him/her. How was family life growing up? What affected your character as a teenager? Why is your character the way that he/she is? Any secrets in the past?

Skills and Strengths:  The skills your character has should be a direct result of your character's history. No skill is EVER unequaled or unmatched. Nor is every skill at an Expert level. Also include personality strengths if you wish.

Weaknesses:  Everyone has faults and imperfections. At least one skill weakness (eg. can't pilot, doesn't know mechanics, no knowledge of first aid) and at least one personality weakness (eg: addictions, shallow, naive) must be included.

Cortex Mainframe

November 19, 2019, 06:38:12 PM #1 Last Edit: November 19, 2019, 09:11:22 PM by RUNE
When submitting your character application, reply to the thread you've started to add your Equipment list. The equipment list is not for tracking mundane items, but should be more expensive instruments such as guns (especially customized or rare models), specialized tools, or lavish articles of clothing. This is also to track items of sentimental value. Essentially anything that would impact the character if they went missing. Items such as ammunition, rations, and other consumable supplies are only tracked at the Narrator's discretion for dramatic storytelling purposes.  Though the character application will have its original poster changed to Cortex Mainframe, you will always retain access to your character's equipment list and can change it as time goes on. Access to purchase or otherwise acquire new or replacement equipment is at the discretion of the assigned Narrator for your RPing area.

[center][b][size=4]Equipment [/size][/b][/center]
[table][tr][td]TYPE HERE[/td]
[/tr]
[/table]

Equipment
What stuff does your character have? Weapons? Tools? Family heirlooms? Items of sentimental value? List and describe any gear but remember a person can only carry so much.

Cortex Mainframe

Your character may come with some interesting medical history. If not, life gets a little rough out in the Black. Please list your characters known history here and whether those ailments are a matter of official public record or specific to records belonging to a specific ship or alias. For an example of the medical history of a character operating under an alias, please check here.

To add a Medical Record to your character application, reply to the application and copy/paste this code as a template.

[center][size=4][b]Medical Records [/b][/size][/center]

[b]Official Records: [/b]
[table][tr][td][b]MALADY[/b][/td]
[td]DESC-TREATMENT-ETC[/td]
[/tr]
[tr][td][b]INJURY[/b][/td]
[/tr]
[tr][td][/td]
[/tr]
[/table]

[b]Alias/Ship Records: [/b]
[table][tr][td][b]MALADY[/b][/td]
[/tr]
[tr][td][b]INJURY[/b][/td]
[/tr]
[tr][td][/td]
[/tr]
[/table]

Example/Guide:

Medical Records

Official Records: (These records are a matter of public medical knowledge.)
MALADY(Does your character have any diseases or lingering disorders? These may be considered to be physical or mental, and can include any condition, mark or scar which affects their appearance. Exactly how does the condition affect the character? How are these conditions treated? Does the character require a rare and expensive medicine? Has the character received counseling for any traumatic events?)
INJURY(Any broken bones, stab wounds, burns, bullet holes, or lost limbs? How was the injury inflicted upon the patient? What was done to repair the wound? Where was the wound repaired, and who performed the surgery?)

Alias/Ship Records: (Your character may be operating under an alias, or has acquired some injuries that may only be known to a specific ship's resident doctor or other medical personnel. Tell us about it here. If your character has multiple records across multiple ships or identities, simply copy/paste as many times as needed.)
MALADYDESC-TREATMENT-ETC
INJURYDESC-TREATMENT-ETC

Cortex Mainframe

Over time, you may want to keep track of all the threads a character has participated in. This can be a convenient way to showcase your character's history to anyone who wants to read up on them, and it can be a useful tool for keeping track of any asides or prologues. The Thread Tracker is 100% optional and is not required to complete your character application. If you do not wish to add the Thread Tracker template now, you may choose to do so at any time.

[center][B][size=4]THREAD TRACKER[/size][/B]

[b][u]Episodes[/u][/b]
[url=LINK HERE]"TYPE SHIP NAME HERE: TYPE EPISODE TITLE HERE"[/url]
[url=LINK HERE]"TYPE SHIP NAME HERE: TYPE PREVIOUS EPISODE TITLE HERE"[/url] (CLOSED)

[b][u]Asides[/u][/b]
[url=LINK HERE]"TYPE THREAD TITLE HERE"[/url]

[b][u]Prologues[/u][/b]
[url=LINK HERE]"TYPE THREAD TITLE HERE"[/url]
[/center]

Description/Example:

THREAD TRACKER

Episodes
"D.S.S. Iscariot: Episode 2"
"Wushu: Repossession Mambo - Wedding Crashers" (CLOSED)

Asides
"Wushu Asides: Shopping Spree" (Amorru, Charity, Grace, Artemis, Akhsar King - CLOSED)

Prologues
"Sutures & Swordplay" (Grace and Amorru)

Use the [*url= ] [*/url] tags to make an RP thread's title link to the thread. You may also choose to list the participants in any Prologues or Asides, if any other player characters make appearances. Please mark any CLOSED threads in (parentheses).