S2E6.2 - Hunter or Hunted

Started by kysenp, January 13, 2014, 04:22:22 AM

Monty

With Ronin safely down Monty finished up a few post flight checks before shutting her down. He then gathered up some equipment he might need for their land excursion and slid them into an old leather messenger bag along with a knife and his revolver. Not that he was expecting trouble, but expecting the unexpected was pretty much a give me nowadays. Enroute to the cargohold he managed to catch up with Helena on the way. "Hey....what was all that screaming about earlier?" He asked not even sure if that was someone or some shifting cargo crashing upon landing.

Lin Kuei

Lin lowered the Beast from the roof of the cargo bay as people started to gather. "I do not want to be here longer than a few hours. I'll make sure we get refueled. Monty, make sure to get any additional spare parts you may need. If anyone needs to get anything, now is the time to do it even if it is just fresh air. There is a visit to pay to the Skyplex hovering over the planet after this. I need to find someone who has residence for a brief discussion regarding a certain crimelord and where to find them." Once the Beast had been lowered to the ground and unhooked, he tossed the keys to Monty. "Bring her back in one piece."

Fey

Quote"Hey....what was all that screaming about earlier?"
Quote"I do not want to be here longer than a few hours. I'll make sure we get refueled. Monty, make sure to get any additional spare parts you may need. If anyone needs to get anything, now is the time to do it even if it is just fresh air. There is a visit to pay to the Skyplex hovering over the planet after this. I need to find someone who has residence for a brief discussion regarding a certain crimelord and where to find them."
Lin and Monty had come down to the cargo bay after Helena. 
"Oh just someone adjusting to Lin's flying I suspect." Helena grinned at Lin as he came down the stairs, now probably wasn't the time to joke, since the man meant business, but the hollering really wasn't any of her business. And Alyssa had seemed a bit embarrassed by it.

"Would you rather we wait to pick up the guns later Cap't or shall I load up the armory here."

Lin Kuei

Quote from: Helena on March 23, 2018, 10:07:18 AM
Quote"Hey....what was all that screaming about earlier?"
Quote"I do not want to be here longer than a few hours. I'll make sure we get refueled. Monty, make sure to get any additional spare parts you may need. If anyone needs to get anything, now is the time to do it even if it is just fresh air. There is a visit to pay to the Skyplex hovering over the planet after this. I need to find someone who has residence for a brief discussion regarding a certain crimelord and where to find them."
Lin and Monty had come down to the cargo bay after Helena. 
"Oh just someone adjusting to Lin's flying I suspect." Helena grinned at Lin as he came down the stairs, now probably wasn't the time to joke, since the man meant business, but the hollering really wasn't any of her business. And Alyssa had seemed a bit embarrassed by it.

"Would you rather we wait to pick up the guns later Cap't or shall I load up the armory here."

"Completely my flying. I'm a passable pilot. Just do not ask me to be the one actually plotting the course. Get the armory taken care of while we are here if possible. Whatever we do not find in Deja Thoris, we'll have to try to find elsewhere." Lin dropped the cargo bay doors as the dockmaster came over. A short exchange followed before he disappeared. "It is going to take them about one hour before fueling starts. I do need one thing for the ship. Need someone to find a hydroponics setup so the old one can either be repaired or replaced. It allows us to grow some of our food onboard so we do not have to keep foraging protein to eat. If we cannot get it here, then I know a place we might be able to find it." Lin took in a deep breath of air and then triggered a venting of the ship to gather fresh oxygen.

Monty

March 23, 2018, 05:50:25 PM #464 Last Edit: March 24, 2018, 05:52:12 PM by Monty
Monty was quick and snatched the keys as they were tossed in his direction. "Bring her back in one piece." Lin added.
"Aye aye Cap'n!" Monty shot back cheerfully, he had been waiting to ride in this beast since first seeing her. He tossed his bag in before turning to Helena..."You got shotgun if ya want it." Ronin's mechanic then jumped in and buckled up. Grabbing the mic he switched it to ship wide comm. "Monty here, the Beast is headin' out, all ashore that's going ashore!"

Fey

Helena gave Lin a lazy salute and nodded at Monty. She hopped in the passenger side, mentally making a list of what it is they'll need to get started.  Hopefully there will be a few explosives available, as she was certain they'd be necessary.

"We've got the comms cap't, feel free to holler if you need us or if there's something special we need to pick up."

Helena gave the beast a pat and nodded to Monty,

"Let's take her for a spin shall we?"

Abenette Kelker

March 26, 2018, 11:36:05 PM #466 Last Edit: March 29, 2018, 01:09:17 PM by Abenette Kelker
Abe was sleeping rather peacefully, wrapped around Ian in their bed in their bunk when she heard the Captain mention they were taking off.  Lift-off was bumpy and it only caused her to burrow deeper into Ian for support.

"Sleep well?" she asked softly.  "We should probably get up."

She was happy.  The thoughts of getting Glory back and what that would mean for how they would be able to raise their child was a god send.  Maybe they could go the straight and narrow and perhaps hang up needing to shoot anyone for a while once they were settled back on board.

One could only hope. Especially with a child on board.

"Okay folks, I can see Deja Thoris. We are not far away now."

Good.  Anything they do now would be one step closer to getting back to Glory.

"Everyone strap in if you need to. This is going to be a tight landing. We'll be touching down one way or another in thirty seconds."

Abe reached up and took hold of one of the braces that mounted the bed to the wall and leaned down to give Ian a peck on the lips and a smile.  In was rocky, but Ronin landed soon enough.

"If anyone is not aware we are down, then they are probably dead or unconscious or perhaps just really sleepy."  "Okay, folks. time to get re-equipped. Everyone meet in the cargo bay and we'll take turns heading out."

She didn't want to get up, but duty called.  It was then that she heard a scream ring out.  It was the most pained, tortured thing she'd ever heard.  She rolled quickly off the bed, pulled her black cargo pants on (to match the tight red tank she already wore), shoved her feet into her boots and grabbed Dude before heading out. When she got to the hallway, she found a clearly distressed Tarantino a few feet away and past him, the Doc was trying to calm him.

Abe froze and held Dude behind her back, making sure that Tarantino wouldn't see him and cause more distress.

"Everything OK Doc?" she asked softly. 

Sure she could tell that Tarantino was not good, but she wanted to ascertain what the Doc wanted or needed from her.

"Okay, folks. time to get re-equipped. Everyone meet in the cargo bay and we'll take turns heading out."

That'd be great, but this here needed diffusing a bit first.

"Capt'n?  Got a situation up here.  Move slowly if you come up."

OOC:  Just so you all know, the only person Abe calls Capt'n is Ian.  She always calls Lin "Kuei."

Tarintino Quin

Tarantino's mood didn't seem to be letting up, he was covered in foam from the fire extinguisher and was still grasping his head as he struggled to get to his feet, staggering to the side as he falls against the wall, letting out a loud pained shout.

He looks up and seeing Allysa and Abe he falls backwards in fright, falling onto his but as he swings an arm in their direction "GET AWAY!" he shouts as his panicked eyes dart between the two people staring at him.

To any sane person it was completely clear that Abe and Allysa where trying to help Tarantino but the boy did not seem exactly sane at the moment, he seemed genuinely afraid of the two like there was no doubt in his mind that they meant him ill.

Monty

March 28, 2018, 07:06:20 PM #468 Last Edit: March 29, 2018, 03:20:34 AM by Monty
"Let's take her for a spin shall we?"

Monty with a large grin of exuberance agreed with Helena and hit the ignition bringing the beast to life with a roar. The Mechanic gave a last wave to the Captain as he hit the accelerator and they were off in a cloud of dust. Monty's driving was at best described as squirrelly at the start, but he quickly got the feel for the thunderous monster. "We'll hit up the Gun Depot first." Monty directed... "That's if I don't wreck us!" He added half jokingly as they sped along.

Alyssa Garnet

Abe had emerged from the room opposite Alyssa and Tarintino's. Alyssa wasn't sure at first what Abe might do - if she thought Tarintino was a threat Alyssa was pretty sure Abe wouldn't hesitate to take him down. Alyssa shook her head slightly, and thankfully Abe hid her gun behind her back. Alyssa had both hands out at her hips, palms forwards, trying to make it clear to Tarintino that there was no danger.

Tarintino fell backwards onto his backside and thrashed out with his arms. Good job Alyssa had been sure to keep her distance.

"It's okay," she calmly reassured Tarintino. She'd heard Abe's question, but Alyssa's focus was on the terrified boy so Abe got no verbal response from the doctor.

"We are not here to hurt you. There's no danger. You're safe."

Lin Kuei

Lin set about clearing up some of the cargo bay. He set much of the spare scrap they had collected in the jungle off to one side of the cargo bay near the doorway. It took a few minutes but it was stuff they did not need which could be removed for a little extra payment. Then he double checked all the connections on the freezer and refrigerator to make sure everything looked fine. Thankfully, nothing had been damaged. Most of the exercise equipment had been secured and seemed none the worse for wear.

As he returned to the open door, a dockworker advised him the refueling was about to start. Lin walked down the gangplank a bit and looked around for a second before motioning someone to come forward. A young Asian looking kid walked over and, after a few moments of talk, sprinted off into the crowd. Lin stepped back on the gangplank and leaned against the frame. It was time to dump the surplus scrap.

Fey

"Gun Depot it is." Helena flashed Monty a smile as she held on to the support over head.  The ride wasn't exactly smooth but it'd get them where they need to go.  "So how'd you end up with this crew of misfits and criminals."  The depot wasn't far but sitting in silence never had been her strong suit.

Monty

April 05, 2018, 06:54:43 PM #472 Last Edit: April 14, 2018, 07:04:52 PM by Monty
"So how'd you end up with this crew of misfits and criminals."  Helena asked.

Leroy thought for a moment trying to come up with a short explanation of how he bagged his position on Ronin. "Well it's been a long road to say the least Miss Helena." The mechanic started. "My last ship ran out of coin so they just let me go, just let me go like that! ....which I didn't mind much seeing I wasn't gettin' paid." Leroy laughed at the thought of working for free. "Well they did feed me of course but nothin' extra and that ship was a wreck. Leroy paused as he had to quickly steer the Beast delicately through a rough patch of ground. "They had me makin' new parts from broken parts....I'm sure without me now they ain't even flyin' no more."

[HELENA & MONTY EXIT TO ASIDE: 'MILK RUN']

Lin Kuei

As Lin was leaning against the frame of cargo bay doors keeping an eye out on the dock, he noticed a few people starting to keep an eye on the ship. He fixed them with a stare before pulling up his sleeves slightly to mid-forearm. The tattoo of the dragon's head spitting lightning on the back of his left hand and wrist became much more visible. There was a moment for a brief second where they realized he had noticed them. Lin took a few steps down the ramp keeping his eyes locked on the trio. His right hand beckoned them forward as his left hand curled into a fist. They promptly disappeared into the crowded street.

Taking a few steps backwards up the ramp, Lin's eyes never left where the trio had gone. A truck rolled up with the Asian kid in the bed. An older man got out of the cab with another man. A brief exchange followed with some credits passed from one hand to another. Lin turned and grabbed one of the larger pieces of scrap carrying it to the truck bed and dropping it in. The people who brought the truck started loading it up with the spare metal. Lin took some steps back and kept an eye out as they continued until it was all collected. The money would be more than enough to pickup the hydroponics setup they needed onboard the ship.

Hopefully, Monty and Helena would return soon. A visit to the Skyplex above was in order. Lin had heard a rumor about someone in particular who might have the information necessary to help Ian get his ship back. But that was not the only information Lin needed. Nikola still had some places she was holding money in this area of the Verse and this possible contact was rumored to know it. Just made it all the more important to get there and deal with the situation.

Ian Dugan

Ronin Cabins

Ian came close to the doorway where he could see the troubles and jump in if he had to.  He saw Abe's weapon of choice behind her back, out of sight of the new crew.

The young man needed to find balance or he would loose himself.

Abenette Kelker

April 20, 2018, 11:56:39 AM #475 Last Edit: April 20, 2018, 12:05:47 PM by Abenette Kelker
Abe watched as Tarantino bolted enough that he actually lost balance and fell.  This might have been a time when she could have somehow stepped in, but he was bigger than she was and it wasn't a situation where drilling the guy with a bullet  was her desired way to end things.

"GET AWAY!"

His eyes were so frightened that the air literally reeked of desperation and fear.  He waved his arms at them, jerkily warning both her and the doc back.  It probably didn't help that she was at one end of the corridor and the doc was on the other, effectively pinning the guy down between them.  An animal pushed into a corner was dangerous and a human done the same way wasn't much better.  One thing was the same.  They both had the tendency to shove survival first and foremost onto the order of things to do and a desperate one just added more danger.  If he didn't calm himself, things were going to deteriorate.

Probably quite quickly.

"It's okay,"

It's a good thing the doc seemed to be tight with the guy.  SHe might actually have a chance to talk the guy down.

"We are not here to hurt you. There's no danger. You're safe."

Safe...  For now.  Probably won't be once the kid calms down enough to wonder why she had her hand behind her back.  Dude was a big gun and if he attacked, she didn't want to hurt the guy.

But she would.

She was pregnant and no one was going to put that in jeopardy.  She'd only known for a bit, but she was starting to settle in to the idea.  Her and Ian getting back Glory and building their family there.  It was a plan she was definitely all in on.

Movement to her side caught her attention, but she never took her eyes off of Tarantino.  She knew it was Ian, she could just sense him.  Something needed to be done though and she wasn't sure if the doc was getting through to the guy.

"Hey..." she said softly as she spoke to Tarantino.  "Ya want somethin' ta eat?"

Probably sounded way weird, but distraction could work and eating was a rather mundane task that everyone did every day.  Not exactly high on the scary meter.

"I'm hungry.  Maybe ya could come down ta the galley an' I can whip up somethin'," she offered as she looked down at the doc.  "Doc?  You hungry?"

God, she wished she had tranq darts on her.  They'd be well useful right about now.

Tarintino Quin

Tarintino wasn't replying to any of the people talking to him but at the very least his siezure/nightmare/tantrum did seem to be on the down swing. He had found himself a corner and backed himself away in it.

The boy was curled up as much as he could in the corner, cradling his head and rocking back and forth as his shouts died to down to incomprehensible mutterings, talking rapidly in a hushed voice as he stared directly down at the ground.

He was done smashing things but was clearly not all there just yet (Or as "all there" as Tarintino ever got).

Even if he had noticed Abe's hand behind her back he hadn't really come from an enviroment where he would understand what it meant. The first time he had seen guns in action was when the people of his compound had tried to defend themselves from him after his turn and none of those had been handguns.

Natascha Santiago-Negron

It was a few minutes after the ship landed that the door to Nat's shared quarters finally opened up- the woman stumbling out in her grungy sleeping shirt, her hair a mess and a towel slung over her shoulder. A slow jaunt down the catwalk- and a half mumbled "Mornin'." To the captain, as Nat looked out the cargo doors.

Oh. They weren't in the jungle anymore.

"Hey cap'n, you move the ship?" She called back, a little disappointed that the fresh water shower spot she found near the ship's previous location was no longer within easy walking distance. Amazing what this woman could sleep through.
I'm a courier- don't you want me to handle your package~?

Lin Kuei

Lin slowly shook his head in disbelief. "Yes, the ship was moved to Deja Thoris. You may want to get cleaned up. Let's hope your ability with electronics far outpaces stunning observation skills." He chuckled softly before continuing. "The man have freakout in the hallway is under Dr. Garnet's care. Hopefully, she can keep him under control. When we get out into the Black, those episodes will suck up more oxygen than we can afford. ... I know it is a humid jungle planet but you might rethink your choice of clothes." Lin cast his eyes over the street and raised an eyebrow at a couple of children watching the ship.

Alyssa Garnet

Now that Tarintino had calmed down and the immediate danger had died down, Alyssa spared some of her attention for Abe.

"Thanks for your help," she said, but her tone was a little more dismissive and a little less appreciative than Alyssa probably would have liked if she'd noticed. "I think he'll be okay now."

Hoping that Abe would take the hint and leave them alone, Alyssa edged carefully back towards the room she shared with Tarintino.