Home :: Help :: Team :: Members :: Login :: Register

+ Finding Serenity  » Archives  » Blue Sector (Sectors 9 & 10)  » Dojo 7 
|- Blondie vs The Raven 
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

collapse

* Quick Links

* Chat

Refresh History
  • Desertpuma: once the ship gets going, will she survive Ronin?
    July 22, 2017, 11:38:44 PM
  • Clare: And the madness begins. Will Ronin be able to survive Velocity?
    July 21, 2017, 10:09:03 AM
  • Scout: If I were to revive any of my old characters Pele would be the one, she was fun. But hell if  I know how I'd fill the time line gap.
    July 19, 2017, 08:42:17 PM
  • Scout: for example I remember Laurie and Velocity having a rivalry but not really the details of it or Laurie's relationship with any other crew members
    July 19, 2017, 08:40:54 PM
  • Scout: I have all my old character bios saved but I wish I also had pre-crash posts because my memory of them is so fuzzy
    July 19, 2017, 08:39:38 PM
  • Scout: History is good
    July 19, 2017, 08:38:55 PM
  • Clare: I'm a bad, bad girl
    July 19, 2017, 07:58:45 PM
  • Clare: Beth and Ian have history which is why I was thinking of dropping her in, given the situation between Ian and Abbey :D
    July 19, 2017, 07:58:39 PM
  • Scout: Plus confession: I'm scared of playing mechanics because I am very bad at both actual engineering and writing technobabble nonsense :D
    July 19, 2017, 03:58:00 PM
  • Scout: I guess Bri could be re-worked into a mechanic fairly easily, but I didn't get to play with her enough for her to come into her own so I don't really even remember where I was going with her at this point
    July 19, 2017, 03:57:20 PM
  • Scout: Mattie's just a gunhand
    July 19, 2017, 08:29:30 AM
  • Clare: I guess she could have retrained as a mechanic in the intervening years
    July 19, 2017, 07:35:13 AM
  • Clare: If the ship needed a geologist, throwing Beth into the mix could be amusing :D
    July 19, 2017, 07:32:38 AM
  • Velocity Grey-Lambert: Hopefully she won't drive everyone insane
    July 19, 2017, 07:31:58 AM
  • Desertpuma: also in need of a mechanic, another skill that is not Lin's strength but he can handle many basic repairs
    July 19, 2017, 12:53:37 AM
  • Desertpuma: In answer to your queries .. the only people on board Ronin that are posting are myself, Abbey and Ian. The ship is grounded and there was an intermittent message call sent out. Lin is a passable pilot but not much beyond the basics. So Velocity would be welcome
    July 19, 2017, 12:52:57 AM
  • Desertpuma: Good to see the site back up .. got an email notice of a couple of threads getting responses so I thought I would check in.
    July 19, 2017, 12:51:14 AM
  • Clare: Velocity has never forgiven the parrot, even though she can't normally remember it
    July 18, 2017, 07:49:47 PM
  • Scout: just zombie deer, and even those only in her nightmares
    July 18, 2017, 07:18:37 PM
  • Scout: ha ha yeah, no parrots for Mattie
    July 18, 2017, 07:16:16 PM

* Affiliated Sites

The Verse Online Crusader Citadel Dreaming
TNButton
The Yalanzen Chronicles

Warlands

Find and vote for us at

Vote for us at
Top RP Sites
Voting button photo Dietop100.jpg

Find us on
RPG-D photo Abuttonresize_zps4c320df2.pngDistant Fantasies

Author Topic: Blondie vs The Raven  (Read 2388 times)

Description:
Blondie vs The Raven
« on: October 07, 2013, 11:58:09 PM »
The week had passed somewhat uneventfully. Sabrina had a busy schedule with work which meant Luke and she didn't spend a lot of time together. Of course that just made Luke want to see her more. He stopped by her restaurant a few times for dinner, a drink, and some make-out sessions. She fed him well and he was really developing a taste for her home brew. He couldn't help thinking he was getting a very good deal out of his budding relationship with Sabrina. She didn't press him with questions and seemed content to take him as he was. It was fun, and there was no pressure.

With Sabrina so busy, Luke had a lot of free time. He'd still had no luck finding a ship-mechanic job. Another week or so and money would start getting tight. And even with Sabrina keeping him interested, Luke was growing restless stuck inside the space station. At least on a ship one ended up planetside regularly. So it wasn't long until Luke found himself wandering into the cage again. The following evening when he'd shown up at the Jaded Palace he had a puffy cheek, purple jaw and a cut over his eye. He kept assuring Sabrina it looked worse than it was, but she knew better than that. He'd lost count of how many punches he'd taken to the side of his head before he'd passed out.

So it was probably a good thing that their first proper 'date night' was going to involve a little training. Luke wasn't sure how he felt about that yet - getting fighting tips from his 'girlfriend'. (If he would actually label Sabrina his girlfriend was another thing he wasn't sure about.) He would admit that she was a better fighter than him - he'd seen that the first night they'd met. Was his ego intact enough to actually take pointers from her though?

He showed up at the dojo in sweats and a sleeveless work-out shirt, and a change of clothes in a sports bag. Adriana Lucy was in tow as well. She'd been pretty good about giving Luke and Sabrina some privacy, but if there was going to be a fight - even a controlled one - she was going to be there to look out for Luke. She was unusually quiet as Luke stood outside the dojo watching for Sabrina's arrival.
« Last Edit: October 08, 2013, 12:05:42 AM by Luke Donovan »

Re: Blondie vs The Raven

« Reply #1 on: October 09, 2013, 12:03:19 AM »
When Luke had come in that night, all bloody and bruised from another Cage fight, the feelings of worry and dread that consumed Sabrina were emotions that she never cared to feel again. She didn’t know if Luke had some sort of death wish buried inside of him, hell Sabrina couldn’t really say she didn’t have the own craving buried deep down inside of herself as well. The point was that… Luke could take care of himself and he had so much raw fighting talent that with just a little structured guidance he could become a formidable opponent.

Look at Sabrina? She was a scrap of a thing, and a woman, but she could take on multiple opponents twice her size with the right fighting style, speed and dexterity. Luke could too if he knew how. He would eventually be going back out into the black one of these days, encountering all sorts of who knows what. Sabrina just wanted to make sure he did so with a full deck and a loaded hand.

Therefore she'd arranged this little date for them; fitting that their first 'official date' would be in a dojo trying to beat each other up. Hey it was something they were both into. Sabrina had been running a little behind because of work, but she'd only been a few minutes late. Still by the time she had arrived Luke was already there.

Sabrina walked up to him and gave him a lusty hello kiss. "I hope you ain't been waitin' long, have you? I snuck away as fast as I could."

« Reply #2 on: October 09, 2013, 12:33:45 PM »
After the kiss, Luke slipped an arm around Sabrina's shoulders and walked with her into the dojo. "Nah not long," he assured her. He thought about saying something cutesy like any length of time waiting for her was worth it, but it just wasn't his style. It was the kind of thing Adriana Lucy would want him to say.

There were a few other people milling about but no class on at this time so there was plenty of space. Luke steered them near the back, out of the way. He tossed down his bag. As he stepped away he let his hand slip across her shoulders and part way down her back. He swung out his arms and rolled his shoulders, loosening himself out.

"So, sensei," he teased with a cheeky grin, "How do you want to do this?"

« Reply #3 on: October 10, 2013, 03:53:06 AM »
Sabrina let her own arm slip around Luke's lower back and she brought her hand up to twine with the fingers of his hand that was hanging over her shoulder. Call her silly or girly but it made Sabrina feel almost giddy inside that Luke did that. It made her feel feminine and wanted.

Sabrina set her own bag down next to his and chuckled softly when he called her sensei. "Well, my young apprentice, I thought we could start with some stretching. Cause it's always good to limber up."

Sabrina started with some side stretches, reaching her right arm up and leaning to the opposite side; doing the same with her other arm. SHe then did a few more stretches by reaching her arm across her chest and holding it tight against her, again doing the same exercise on her alternate arm. The arm stretches were followed by some leg stretches and after feeling particularly limbered up, Sabrina started hopping form foot to foot. She shook out her arms and stretched her neck from side to side before turning to look at Luke.

"Alright, Blondie. The only other person I've ever 'instructed' is my brother." Sabrina used finger quotes around the word instructed. "So... I'm not sure how good of a teacher I am but... At least I hope I can show you some basics that might could save your life. I think the main thing you need to focus on is your speed and dodging."

Sabrina worried on her lip and tried to think how best she could explain it. "Try thinking of it like this... if this were a fantasy RPG, you would totally be the rogue. Your strengths are going to be in precision, speed and evasion. If you can get good at any or all of those, you can easily take on a guy like Dragonbreath and not get your face broken. Does that make sense?"
« Last Edit: October 15, 2013, 03:49:34 AM by Sabrina Kurigawa »

« Reply #4 on: October 10, 2013, 03:03:53 PM »
Luke followed Sabrina's stretches but it wasn't easy. First of all, Luke was not particularly flexible. Moreover, Sabrina's body was distracting.

The word 'basics' stung Luke's ego just the tiniest bit. He hadn't survived this long without knowing the basics! Sure his style was, well, that he had no style. And he had never been trained. But he knew what he was doing. He kind of just smiled, adopting that subtle 'oh yeah baby, sure' attitude.

Luke raised his eyebrows and the look of bemusement grew as Sabrina continued. So apparently Sabrina was a bit of a fantasy geek. Luke had little patience and no interest for that sort of thing. He shook his head.  "Nope," he answered teasingly.

"Funny story actually," he said and straightened up. It was a distraction from the fight training they were supposed to be focusing on but he was trying to make an effort to talk more about himself and his experiences. So since this particular story had come up, he decided to share. "One of the bounties I was tracking down last year was a big fan of those LARP-things. The whole crew got into costumes to get into this huge event on Pelorum to catch him inside. I had to cut up one of my favourite leather jackets to make the outfit. I had a very big sword too."

He waggled his eyebrows, figuring if she was in to all that stuff she'd find a leather-clad, sword-wielding version of Luke quite appealing. He still had the costume, somewhere.

More memories came back, and while there was plenty of hilarity involved, it had ended badly. As Luke recalled it all his expression darkened. "I shouldn't have brought that up," he commented quietly, perhaps more to himself. "On second thought it was pretty nasty business. The guy," Luke figured he'd better explain his change of tone, "Was pretty evil. He killed a bunch of the players, people who were just there for fun. I guess it was all part of the game for him. We got him though. One of us shot him, dead."

Luke remembered seeing the bodies of his victims sprawled on the ground and shivered.

"Sorry." He shook the recollections from his head and waved away the thoughts.

"Let's get back to this. Speed, precision, evasion..." he repeated. He bent his knees a little, brought up his fists in a defensive stance ready to strike.
« Last Edit: October 10, 2013, 03:12:43 PM by Luke Donovan »

« Reply #5 on: October 13, 2013, 09:10:54 PM »
By ‘basics’ Sabrina hadn’t really meant basics. Because honestly what she considered basic to her may be considered advanced or difficult for someone who did not have her training or agility.

Sabrina listened as Luke told his story; giggling at the idea of him dressed up like some renaissance reject... Although the more she thought about it the more appealing the idea was... Seeing Luke in some leather breeches that left nearly nothing to the imagination... Sabrina’s head tilted to the side slightly as she looked Luke over, trying to visualize it.

But then suddenly his smile faded and his entire aura shifted from light to dark... The look in his eyes was one of a man who had witnessed horrors and atrocities and Sabrina very much wanted to go to him in that moment and make all those dark thoughts go away... She figured the more good memories they could give each other, they might start giving the bad ones a run for their money.

Before Sabrina could do anything though, Luke’s mood shifted again and he took a fighting stance. Sabrina could respect that, after all she covered up her darker emotions with violence all the time. This whole tossing each other around thing might do them both some good. Sabrina loved sparring. It was a great way to relieve stress and tension without the concern for your life or your safety.

Sabrina paused a moment to inspect his stance. Luke was agile, she knew that intimately... But he fought like a brawler. Granted there were many scenarios where brawling was very useful, but up against a trained fighter it would definitely get your teeth knocked out or worse. “Overall, your beginning stance is not bad. Just tighten it up a little, keep your elbows in close to your body."

« Reply #6 on: October 14, 2013, 11:29:57 PM »
A little smile tickled the corners of Luke's lips. He did as he was told, and pulled in his elbows. He rose his eyebrows looking at Sabrina as if to ask if he was doing right. There was something a touch puppy-like in his look, hoping for praised and a pat on the head.

He watched and waited for the next instruction...

« Reply #7 on: October 15, 2013, 03:48:31 AM »
Sabrina grinned. "Now... To teach you a true fighting style or a combination of several that I know would take far longer than the time we have... As long as you remember to keep your stance close but loose, don't be afraid to use your speed and agility to your benefit. Your cockiness and your sarcasm will be your allies as well." Sabrina grinned, giving him a wink. "Dance, bob, weave." Sabrina demonstrated said bobbing and weaving by circling around Luke, acting as if she were in the ring and facing off against him. "Dodge... Duck... Be an all around shifty little freak. It's amazing how much that can drive your opponent nuts."

Sabrina chuckled at the thought of some big beefy guy lumbering around the ring while Luke practically danced around him with all his cockiness and swagger. Sabrina giggled again as she shook the image from her mind. "Mainly, I just wanna teach you a quick and easy lesson in utilizing nerve and pressure points. You hit the right spot with the right amount of pressure or force and you could bring a man three times your size to his knees in agony. Trust me. I know this from experience." Sabrina grinned proudly.

Sabrina walked up to Luke and placed her palms on his raised fists, urging him to lower them in an almost seductive manner. "Besides the obvious hit to the groin, the weakest points on any man's body are here," Sabrina pressed her fingers against Luke's sternum, then let her hand slide up his chest to his neck where her fingers lightly brushed over his Adam's apple. "Here..." Continuing their trail, her fingers moved up Luke's throat and face to rest at his temple. "Here..."

Sabrina flashed Luke a sultry smirk as her hand moved down his shoulder and she moved to circle around to his back where she placed her palm between his shoulder blades. "Here..." Sabrina spoke softly very close to Luke's ear as her hand moved down his back and his side, where a particularly sensitive bundle of nerves rested at the back of his bottom most ribcage. "And here..." For a little emphasis, Sabrina applied a little pressure to show him how sensitive in fact these nerves could be.

Following along with this little game she had started, Sabrina was highly tempted to move her hand around Luke's waist to emphasize another particularly sensitive part of the male anatomy but she wasn't exactly sure how well that would play out in the scheme of things. Sabrina was already pressed up against him like some wanton female... Believe it or not Sabrina actually had a valid lesson to be taught somewhere in all of this. It wasn't Luke's fault that a baser more carnal part of herself viewed fighting as a potential form of foreplay as was practically salivating at the prospect.

"Strike with enough force or power to any of these points and your opponent will be incapacitated or discombobulated long enough to either give you the upper hand or get yourself out of a corner." Through the force of sheer will power Sabrina managed to pry herself away from him and moved back around so they were facing each other. "For the sake of what's most effective though, I'm gonna teach you a little trick that is sure to get you out of almost any scrape."

Sabrina took a fighting stance towards Luke and gazed seriously into his eyes. "Do you trust me?"
« Last Edit: October 15, 2013, 02:44:46 PM by Sabrina Kurigawa »

« Reply #8 on: October 18, 2013, 08:27:31 PM »
Luke enjoyed Sabrina's lesson on sensitive areas. Even the twinge at the bottom of his ribcage... it all stoked a fire in his blood. He wasn't sure what was making him more excited - thinking about fighting her or rutting her.

When she applied the pressure point Luke playfully defended himself by swinging a leg around to sweep Sabrina's ankles and tip her backwards. It was done in fun, not to actually disarm her. And if by some chance he had actually managed to get her off-balance with the move, he was going to catch her before she even fell.

"I always wanted to sweep a girl off her feet..."

The lesson continued. She asked if he trust her. Luke grinned and shook his head. "No," he answered amid chuckles. It seemed contrary to good sense to trust a woman as beautiful and deadly as Sabrina. He hadn't seen the seriousness in her gaze.

"But you've already got me defenseless," he joked, "So..."

He braced himself for whatever it was Sabrina was going to do, exaggerating it in his face.

« Reply #9 on: October 18, 2013, 10:55:12 PM »
Sabrina had managed to jump over Luke's leg sweep and she found herself chuckling at the cheesiness of the line. How long had he been waiting for the chance to say that to someone?

Sabrina had continued her lesson and asked him a question that she really didn't even understand herself the gravity behind it until she heard his answer. Sabrina chose to ignore and pay no heed to the pang of sadness and hurt that resonated very deep inside of her when Luke said he didn't trust her. But she couldn't blame him for that. she probably wouldn't trust her either if she were Luke. It was a dumb question anyway.

Sabrina smirked softly at Luke's expression of trepidation then shook her head. "I want you to fight me," Sabrina said as she motioned with her hands for Luke to advance. "And do not hold back, or I will really kick your ass."
« Last Edit: October 25, 2013, 03:54:22 PM by Sabrina Kurigawa »

« Reply #10 on: October 31, 2013, 01:27:27 PM »
Well there was no way he wasn't going to hold back. He was pretty certain that if the two of them fought for real, she'd lay him out in minutes, maybe even seconds. So long as he didn't go full pelt, his ego would be able to deny the fact.

He raised his hands in his defensive stance again, remembering to keep his elbows in close. He was a punchy kind of guy. If he had a style it would probably be that of a boxer. He threw a couple jabs, more to see how she would react than actually hit her. He couldn't quite bring himself to swing with the intention of actually hitting her..

« Reply #11 on: October 31, 2013, 06:23:31 PM »
(OOC note: I took a few liberties here. If that's not ok with you let me know and I will rewrite. Cheers!)

Luke was pretty fast; but he could be faster. His strikes were sure and confidant, if a little sloppy. Like a boxer he aimed to hit fast and hit hard, but he was a touch on the predictable side. None of which were bad things. For lacking any sort of formal training, Luke was actually a pretty amazing fighter.

Sabrina did have training, even if some of it she couldn't exactly remember. But because of said skills, she was able to block or dodge a majority of Luke's punches. The ones that did connect were a little on the weak side, she noted with a touch of annoyance because he was throwing his punches, and as such Sabrina was able to roll out of or shrug off most of them before throwing herself back into their sparring. Sabrina had for the most part had remained on the defensive instead of the attack.

But as much fun as this was, for Luke too if the smirk playing on his lips was any indication, it was time to get down to business.

Sabrina blocked a hard left, followed by another throw to her right which was also blocked. She then deliberately left an opening and, taking the bate, Luke swung for her face. Predicting the move though, Sabrina blocked the punch, grabbed his wrist and bent it painfully behind his back in a blindingly fast series of moves. Sabrina's hand then came up and her thumbnail was pressed against Luke's carotid artery; it could have just as easily been a knife or something and Luke could be dead. "It's not a dance, baobei... Don't follow the steps."
« Last Edit: October 31, 2013, 06:55:43 PM by Sabrina Kurigawa »

« Reply #12 on: November 10, 2013, 03:40:01 AM »
The sparring was fun but there were two things holding Luke back. The first, which he would freely admit, was that he just couldn't bring himself to try hard against Sabrina. He'd sparred with crew-mates back on the Nox, but only the guys and they had usually trash-talked him quite a bit first. Luke's fuel came from stung pride but even with Sabrina demonstrating how she could have easily just killed him, she still wasn't threatening enough. Maybe it was chauvinisitic or whatever but Luke couldn't bring himself to actually hit a girl, even at half-speed.

The second thing he wouldn't even admit to himself. Sabrina was better than him. That was not in dispute. In fact that was the whole point of this session - for her to teach him a few things. So, in a way, what was the point in even trying? If he didn't try he would be able to hold on to the illusion that he might have a chance against her. It was stupid, yeah, but it was Luke.

So when she had his arm pinned behind him and his throat as good as slit, he just laughed. It was deep and gravelly but she hadn't heard him laugh enough yet to know the subtle sound of it being forced. He didn't make a move to break the hold she had on him, at least not physically.

"Oh Brin, you know I don't dance." He turned his face to look over his shoulder at her. "At least not in public."

« Last Edit: November 10, 2013, 03:43:13 AM by Luke Donovan »

« Reply #13 on: November 10, 2013, 09:43:54 PM »
He was just so damn cocky and arrogant sometimes that Sabrina couldn't stand it. But in a good way. Sabrina loved Luke's confidence and his smugness in the face of diversity and facing something that might be beyond him. When he called her 'Brin', a little thrill of pleasure raced through her. Then when he turned to look at her, Sabrina's gaze met his and there was a definite smoulder in his eyes. Sabrina wanted him so much in that moment she could barely stand it. Unable to help herself, Sabrina moved her hand away from his throat to cup his cheek and she pulled him down for a kiss; releasing his arm in the process.

(ooc: sorry it's so short!)
« Last Edit: November 10, 2013, 09:47:56 PM by Sabrina Kurigawa »

« Reply #14 on: November 10, 2013, 10:19:40 PM »
Luke moved in for the kiss, a predatory grin on his lips. At the same time he was twining his arms around Sabrina. And then, just as their lips should have touched, he grabbed her tight and tossed her. It was a simple enough judo toss, intended to set her flat on her back.

Tricking her like that might have seemed like a douchy move to some, but Luke figured she'd see the funny side. He scrambled to get himself on top of her and pin her down.

« Reply #15 on: November 11, 2013, 04:31:05 AM »
Sabrina had realized the trap but all too late as it had already been strung and she quickly found herself flat on her back. Served her right for letting her guard down. Before she could even think to perform a counter move Luke was on top of her pinning her to the mat... Sabrina should have been pissed but she couldn't wipe the ridiculous grin off her face... "Good work, Blondie." Sabrina grinned and squirmed a little beneath him which didn't do much but tauntingly remind her of all the good things that could happen in a position like this. Sabrina suddenly felt slightly breathless and her libido was doing somersaults. "So, Mr. Donovan." A little more squirming and a playful little gyration of her hips. "What's your next move?"
« Last Edit: November 11, 2013, 02:25:48 PM by Sabrina Kurigawa »

« Reply #16 on: December 04, 2013, 10:17:43 PM »
Luke held tightly to her wrists. He looked down at her with a salacious grin on his face, like a wolf that had pinned down a plump hen. His eyes danced as they looked into hers.

In a sudden but fluid move, Luke shifted his weight backwards and rolled back and up onto his feet. He lifted his leg so that he was no longer standing over her, but beside her. He offered a hand to pull her up to her feet.

« Reply #17 on: December 11, 2013, 01:06:30 PM »
Slightly disappointed, Sabrina pouted before reaching for Luke's hand. But instead of taking his hand, Sabrina's hands shot out where she grabbed his ankle and swept his feet out from under him. Once he was down, Sabrina turned the tables and swiftly rolled on top of him where she straddled his thighs, and pinned him by his wrists on either side of his head. Her grin was more of a sly smirk and a single eyebrow was raised in challenge. She'd be lying if she said she didn't like this game.

« Reply #18 on: December 20, 2013, 12:10:08 AM »
Luke grinned in spite of himself. He'd deserved that little treachery as payback. After all, all's fair in love and sparring.

The two continued their workout and amidst all the flirting Sabrina eventually managed to actually teach Luke something. It was a handy little trick that pretty much paralysed an opponent on their feet by simply attacking a particularly vulnerable nerve cluster. Luke was already looking forward to trying it out in the cage.

Afterwards, there was dinner and a different kind of workout back at the Jaded Palace.