Home :: Help :: Team :: Members :: Login :: Register

+ Finding Serenity  » Character Memoirs  » Diaries/Journals 
|- Nevermore 
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

collapse

* Quick Links

* Chat

Refresh History
  • Freya: Welcome Nani!!
    December 07, 2017, 11:24:31 PM
  • Rolemancer: Welcome Nani!
    December 02, 2017, 12:38:46 PM
  • Guest576: im Nani from the the verse online
    December 02, 2017, 07:25:59 AM
  • Guest576: *peeks in* o-o
    December 02, 2017, 07:25:13 AM
  • Helena: oldie is always a goodie, but if you feel like things have changed too much and need a new one i totally get it
    November 29, 2017, 11:50:57 PM
  • Darius: Thanks Role! Now, the big question... do I bring back one of my oldies? Or focus on something new?
    November 29, 2017, 08:33:36 PM
  • Rolemancer: Welcome back Darius!
    November 29, 2017, 12:47:30 AM
  • Darius: Thanks DP and Helena!
    November 28, 2017, 09:04:01 PM
  • Helena: welcome back!
    November 28, 2017, 05:38:11 PM
  • Darius: Thanks PR, it's good to see you back from your trip!
    November 28, 2017, 12:43:35 PM
  • Darius: I'm baaaaaaaaaaaaaack!
    November 28, 2017, 12:29:38 PM
  • Guest707: No problem, Cali! I'll get right on that!
    November 28, 2017, 12:26:13 PM
  • PurpleRiver: Welcome back Darius!
    November 28, 2017, 10:37:46 AM
  • Caliope: Hi Darius - Sorry but you will need to re-register for an account now.  However all your old posts and details would be available on the archive site for copying and pasting if need be.
    November 28, 2017, 02:15:24 AM
  • Desertpuma: Hey Darius
    November 26, 2017, 04:58:02 PM
  • Hellzy: What happened to Becker?
    November 26, 2017, 12:48:42 AM
  • Guest773: ...she's onto us... Good to see all you fine folks again! I was just reading through some of the archives and I suddenly realized how much I missed you all!
    November 25, 2017, 08:27:23 AM
  • Guest773: No cylons here, absolutely not... hmm... :D
    November 25, 2017, 08:26:30 AM
  • Clare: :D
    November 25, 2017, 07:29:21 AM
  • Clare: Hey Darius. There has been a bit of a purge I believe but one of the admins should be able to sort that out for you .... if you are not a cylon in disguise
    November 25, 2017, 07:29:09 AM

* Affiliated Sites

The Verse Online Crusader Citadel Dreaming
TNButton
The Yalanzen Chronicles

Find and vote for us at

Vote for us at
Top RP Sites

Find us on
RPG-DDistant Fantasies

Author Topic: Nevermore  (Read 2044 times)

Description: Warning: Image heavy thread. May take a while to load.
Nevermore
« on: June 21, 2013, 05:14:16 PM »

Following herein lay several examples of drawings, sketches, paintings and other artworks as done by Sabrina Kurigawa; through which, one may be able to catch a glimpse of the passionate and beautiful soul residing within such an unexpected package.

(OOC Note: I do not lay physical claims to any of the following images or works of art. They are simply being used as references or examples to what my character Sabrina Kurigawa may be able to create. Each respective image belongs to their respective creators and I lay no claims to any of them. As I found them through various venues, mostly from Google image search and others through random deviant art searches that unfortunately I no longer know which artists they are from, I am unable to give credit to the artists because I do not know who the artists are. So please, if you see any of the following images being used that may belong to you or someone you know, please let me know asap and I will apply appropriate credit where it is due. Thank you!)
« Last Edit: February 02, 2014, 06:32:09 PM by Sabrina Kurigawa »

Re: Nevermore

« Reply #1 on: June 21, 2013, 09:00:30 PM »
"The Raven"

blend of traditional art; watercolor, pen, pencil and kohl on dark paper.

An unintentional, but accurate representation of her darker, more primal self.

(OOC: Thanks to Caliope for reverse image searching this for me so I can apply credit to the real artist. Initially I just did a Google image search for the phrase Quoth the Raven and this was one of the first images it showed me. No wonder as that is exactly what the artist titled it. I was all that's effing perfect. I know now I owe the perfectness to Paola Pieretti from deviantart.com. Paola, I know not who you are, but just wanted to say thanks for being such a badass artist and for creating such a wonderful piece of pretty! The world is far better with you in it! Kudos!)
« Last Edit: June 24, 2013, 07:18:31 PM by Sabrina Kurigawa »

« Reply #2 on: June 22, 2013, 07:36:38 AM »

"Mother 'Verse"

watercolor and ink on canvas

« Reply #3 on: June 22, 2013, 07:43:35 AM »
"Reaching from Nowhere"

metallic pastels on black

Painted some ten years ago or so, this painting reflected heavily Sabrina's feelings of being trapped in her own mind like some deep dark hole and reaching blindly through the dark in hopes there may eventually be someone who might be able to help pull her out.

Original Artwork by Anne Teubert
« Last Edit: March 28, 2014, 05:02:39 AM by Sabrina Kurigawa »

« Reply #4 on: June 22, 2013, 09:15:19 AM »
"The Lady"

Oil on canvas.

This woman's features, or a likeness of them, have shown up not only in Sabrina's dreams but they have unintentionally graced several of Sabrina's works over the years. Sabrina herself is not entirely aware of when this happens and for the life of her, she has absolutely no idea who the woman is; hence she has been dubbed The Lady with No Name, or simply The Lady.

It is Sabrina's best assumption that The Lady might have been someone important to Sabrina in her 'past life'; before she lost her memory. Whether the Lady's significance was for good or for ill, Sabrina cannot really tell; though the feelings she gets from the images do not speak evil or malice to her so Sabrina is fairly certain the woman is or was good. Noting the similarities in their features, they may have even been related?

Original Artwork by Kristina Laurendi Havens

« Last Edit: July 02, 2013, 02:04:07 AM by Caliope »

« Reply #5 on: June 23, 2013, 12:21:47 AM »
There's No Place Like Home

Juniper was the only home Sabrina knew before being bought out and forced off planet. Juniper will always be the place she calls home in her heart. As such, she surrounds herself as much as possible with things that remind her of it. Juniper trees and paintings featuring things and places she remembers from her time there adorn the walls of not only her home, but her restaurant as well.

« Last Edit: June 24, 2013, 07:28:39 PM by Sabrina Kurigawa »

« Reply #6 on: July 01, 2013, 02:32:42 AM »
"Self Portrait"

Kohl on paper.

The hardest thing for Sabrina to draw or paint is herself. She has dozens of unfinished self portraits. The following is probably the most complete version she has. For reasons beyond her she has just never been able to capture her own face on paper or canvas. A psychologist or therapist might try to tell her that it has something to do with the fact that Sabrina doesn't know who she is and is missing so many parts of herself and that is why she cannot see or paint her entire picture... They might be right but Sabrina would rather punch them in the jaw than admit it...

« Last Edit: July 01, 2013, 04:29:46 AM by Sabrina Kurigawa »

« Reply #7 on: July 01, 2013, 02:42:09 AM »
"Manifest Raven"

Oil on canvas.

The very first appearance of Sabrina's dormant alter ego transferring from subconscious to reality. One of her first paintings from around ten or so years ago.

« Last Edit: July 01, 2013, 04:31:11 AM by Sabrina Kurigawa »

« Reply #8 on: July 01, 2013, 02:43:13 AM »
"The Boxer"

Kohl, pencil and ink on paper.

The moment Sabrina first met Luke left a very lasting impression on her mind.

And since then, Luke's sexy mug has graced several pages in her sketch book... Even when she was supposed to be mad at him...

"Unbidden Distractions"

Pencil, colored pencil and pen on coffee stained paper.

"Blondie"

Pencil and kohl on paper.

« Last Edit: February 17, 2014, 03:54:39 AM by Sabrina Kurigawa »

« Reply #9 on: February 15, 2014, 07:32:03 AM »
Sabrina's been feeling extremely homesick and is missing her brother terribly...

Brotherly Love

Pen, Pencil and Kohl on paper

Along the same vein, Sabrina has been feeling slightly heartsick as well and missing a certain blonde mechanic...

Can't Get You Outta My Head

Pen, pencil and kohl on paper

« Reply #10 on: February 16, 2014, 08:32:15 AM »
It was only a matter of time before her new 'family' began gracing the pages of her sketchbook. James especially seems to be occupying her thoughts of late, with his openness, kind words and a kinder smile.

Shadowplay

Pencil and Kohl on paper.

Dammit, Jim

Waterpencils and watercolors on Paper.

Far from Dainty

watercolor pencils and chalk pastels on paper.

« Last Edit: February 21, 2014, 04:44:46 AM by Sabrina Kurigawa »

« Reply #11 on: March 28, 2014, 03:46:38 AM »
Pining

pencil and kohl on paper.

« Last Edit: March 28, 2014, 05:01:03 AM by Sabrina Kurigawa »

« Reply #12 on: March 28, 2014, 04:01:42 AM »
Dreams in the Dark

metallic pastels on black paper.

« Last Edit: March 28, 2014, 04:05:03 AM by Sabrina Kurigawa »

« Reply #13 on: March 28, 2014, 04:28:09 AM »
...Thicker than Water

just a collection of quick sketches Brin has drawn during times of idleness or reflection aboard the Gemini; centered around her new pseudo 'family'.

« Last Edit: September 30, 2015, 09:59:04 AM by Sabrina Kurigawa »

« Reply #14 on: September 30, 2015, 09:44:12 AM »
Eyes like a calming sea

Oils and pastels on paper