"I call her Vera"

Started by Caliope, November 29, 2012, 07:32:20 PM

Cortex Mainframe

Jayne was the master of those simple one liners.  This thread is where you can highlight those characters that also put forward those brilliant one liners.

ribsource

April 18, 2013, 07:41:48 PM #1 Last Edit: April 12, 2014, 09:37:23 PM by Black Betty
Quote from: Ian Dugan on April 18, 2013, 03:52:43 PM
Ian knocked on the bullet proof glass and looked at the guard inside.

He mouthed the words "Your Next"

From http://www.findingserenity.net/index.php?topic=1131.msg10661#new

AWARDED!

PurpleRiver

September 12, 2013, 06:12:31 PM #2 Last Edit: April 12, 2014, 09:37:39 PM by Black Betty
Alex Quinn as Loki on Avalon not knowing his Captain's last name struggles, then comes up with a name of his own.

QuoteI don' normally invite people on to a ship that donnae belong to me, Still if yeh hadn' called out that goon woulda got me, an' i think sir Jared Brown...town...er...son... right so our captain, Sir Jared Browntownerson, should be here any second now, an' Ah think Ah can justify ye bein' on board, at least 'til the next port-o-call

AWARDED!

Black Betty

September 13, 2013, 08:37:15 PM #3 Last Edit: April 12, 2014, 09:37:53 PM by Black Betty
Have to give kudos to this line from Caber:

Quote from: Caber Rowley on September 10, 2013, 10:37:38 PM"Destitution," admitted Caber. "The crew I was on used me up and just tossed me aside once they got what they wanted out me." Caber realized how this sounded. "Uh...I said 'destitution,' not 'prostitution,' right? I'm a mechanic, I'm not a whore. Yet."

Don't know exactly what but that line just really made me laugh... "Yet..." >.>

Kee kee kee good job!

AWARDED!

Black Betty

January 30, 2014, 03:06:32 PM #4 Last Edit: April 12, 2014, 09:38:12 PM by Black Betty
Edgesteel as Nick posting in The signal's current thread. 
http://www.findingserenity.net/index.php?topic=1447.msg14487#msg14487

Just that one post just draws you in, he shows that his character is still this cold and cunning mercenary guy who's he's paying attention to everything goinbg on around him and always plotting and thinking. He's clever, and he doesn't really care about anything except his job... and that he's hungry! It's just very Jayne to me! Love it!

AWARDED!

PurpleRiver

I have a feeling that Ryler Kovani, played by Zed, is going to get a lot of these...

Quote from: Ryler Kovani on February 24, 2015, 08:24:27 PM
"Yeah and follow up legal question, if he has permanent brain damage am I responsible or is it the manufacturer? I mean, they didn't even label the buttons."

PurpleRiver

It's an inner monologue one-liner...

Chimera as Ava Gray on Ronin

QuoteIt was survivor's guilt, she was fairly certain, though she wouldn't officially diagnose herself without referencing the relevant literature. 

Black Betty

October 23, 2017, 06:26:34 PM #7 Last Edit: May 11, 2018, 03:15:10 PM by PurpleRiver
I thought this post was a great, witty play on words. Good post! Very Jayne!

Quote from: F-Word on October 23, 2017, 02:54:59 PM
A gambler, a young girl, and an out of work pilot walk into a bar...

F-Word didn't care about the punchline. He just hoped not to take a punch when things got out of line.

AWARDED!

Chimera

The most recent post from Holger in the Revenge episode is gold.  The alliteration in the last paragraph just makes it that much better!

QuoteHis feet unsteady beneath him, Holger whispered as loud as he dared, so as not to raise suspicion of unwanted company to be found in the corridor. "They are mine. I got here first."

To punctuate his point, Holger punctured the paneling with his prodigious poniard, preserving his purchase in a perpendicular position. "No. Punching." He pronounced petulantly.

Axe

Quote from: Chimera on January 15, 2019, 12:48:24 PM
The most recent post from Holger in the Revenge episode is gold.  The alliteration in the last paragraph just makes it that much better!

QuoteHis feet unsteady beneath him, Holger whispered as loud as he dared, so as not to raise suspicion of unwanted company to be found in the corridor. "They are mine. I got here first."

To punctuate his point, Holger punctured the paneling with his prodigious poniard, preserving his purchase in a perpendicular position. "No. Punching." He pronounced petulantly.

Awarded
CHARACTERS
Riot ~ Akhsar King