Home :: Help :: Team :: Members :: Login :: Register

+ Finding Serenity  » Getting Started  » GuideBook 
|- New Player Guide 
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

collapse

* Quick Links

* Chat

Refresh History
  • Freya: Welcome Nani!!
    December 07, 2017, 11:24:31 PM
  • Rolemancer: Welcome Nani!
    December 02, 2017, 12:38:46 PM
  • Guest576: im Nani from the the verse online
    December 02, 2017, 07:25:59 AM
  • Guest576: *peeks in* o-o
    December 02, 2017, 07:25:13 AM
  • Helena: oldie is always a goodie, but if you feel like things have changed too much and need a new one i totally get it
    November 29, 2017, 11:50:57 PM
  • Darius: Thanks Role! Now, the big question... do I bring back one of my oldies? Or focus on something new?
    November 29, 2017, 08:33:36 PM
  • Rolemancer: Welcome back Darius!
    November 29, 2017, 12:47:30 AM
  • Darius: Thanks DP and Helena!
    November 28, 2017, 09:04:01 PM
  • Helena: welcome back!
    November 28, 2017, 05:38:11 PM
  • Darius: Thanks PR, it's good to see you back from your trip!
    November 28, 2017, 12:43:35 PM
  • Darius: I'm baaaaaaaaaaaaaack!
    November 28, 2017, 12:29:38 PM
  • Guest707: No problem, Cali! I'll get right on that!
    November 28, 2017, 12:26:13 PM
  • PurpleRiver: Welcome back Darius!
    November 28, 2017, 10:37:46 AM
  • Caliope: Hi Darius - Sorry but you will need to re-register for an account now.  However all your old posts and details would be available on the archive site for copying and pasting if need be.
    November 28, 2017, 02:15:24 AM
  • Desertpuma: Hey Darius
    November 26, 2017, 04:58:02 PM
  • Hellzy: What happened to Becker?
    November 26, 2017, 12:48:42 AM
  • Guest773: ...she's onto us... Good to see all you fine folks again! I was just reading through some of the archives and I suddenly realized how much I missed you all!
    November 25, 2017, 08:27:23 AM
  • Guest773: No cylons here, absolutely not... hmm... :D
    November 25, 2017, 08:26:30 AM
  • Clare: :D
    November 25, 2017, 07:29:21 AM
  • Clare: Hey Darius. There has been a bit of a purge I believe but one of the admins should be able to sort that out for you .... if you are not a cylon in disguise
    November 25, 2017, 07:29:09 AM

* Affiliated Sites

The Verse Online Crusader Citadel Dreaming
TNButton
The Yalanzen Chronicles

Find and vote for us at

Vote for us at
Top RP Sites

Find us on
RPG-DDistant Fantasies

Author Topic: New Player Guide  (Read 8167 times)

Description:
  • Group Admin Account
  • Applicant
    • View Profile
    • Awards
New Player Guide
« on: July 24, 2012, 06:41:48 AM »
The Newbie Guide

In order to try to make it as easy as possible for people to explore the game and get involved in it, this guide has been put together to explain the basics of joining Finding Serenity. The steps of this guide are set up in an order that will hopefully start by familiarizing you with the game and end with leading you through the application process. Feel free to skip around as you see fit, but try to hit every step so you don't miss any important information.

The Setting, Plot and Premise
Head over to these topics to learn some of the basics about Finding Serenity.

The Rules and Questions
Click HERE to see our list of rules and posting regulations. Post questions here or ask in the Shoutbox if you can't seem to find the answers you need at this point.  The site is rated 15+ or .  For those that don't know what the RPG Rating means.

Language 2: Swearing is generally permitted. However, the language cannot be used to severely abuse.

Sexual Content 2: Sexual content is permitted. References and writing about genitalia and sex acts are permitted, but explicit detail is not. Fade to black, or mature tagging are recommended.

Violence 2: Graphic violence is permitted. Explicit description or in-game narration violence is allowed.

Registration
Once you have a basic idea for a character, at least, register a sub-account with the first and last name of that character properly capitalized, please. If you are stuck for character ideas, you may want to check the Census and Employed forums to see what current players have come up with and how they've addressed their applications.  Also check out the Crew Manifests to see what positions are open.

The Application Process
Check out the application template and start filling it out. Once the application's done and posted in the Character Application forum (with your character's name as the thread title), wait for your application to be reviewed. Please don't post in any IC forums until your character has been approved.  Generally it is sooner but it can take up to 48 hours for someone to get back to you in relation to your application. To check which play-by's have already been taken please check the listing of the Casting Call.  Once you've completed your application add your chosen play-by to the Answer the Call thread to reserve them. Once your application has been approved and moved to the Census forum, you're ready to play!

Getting Started
If you don't already have threading or plotting opportunities lined up, posting a thread in the RP Opportunities forum with some brainstorming ideas may be a good way to introduce people to your character and get started. Feel free to PM individual players if you spot a specific character you would like to thread with.

The basic format of and information in this guide were provided by Dun of RPG-D. Please do not redistribute this guide in an altered format or remove this credit for the original template. The original template may be found at RPG-D and edited for any forum RPG.