Home :: Help :: Team :: Members :: Login :: Register

+ Finding Serenity  » Character Memoirs  » Medical Records 
|- Aylish Ryan's Medical Records 
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

collapse

* Quick Links

* Chat

Refresh History
  • Desertpuma: Unfortunately, real life has been pretty busy .. I'll try to get a post up on Ronin today
    July 29, 2017, 05:21:45 PM
  • Clare: Velocity doesn't expect to survive; that just happens
    July 28, 2017, 09:10:13 AM
  • Desertpuma: once the ship gets going, will she survive Ronin?
    July 22, 2017, 11:38:44 PM
  • Clare: And the madness begins. Will Ronin be able to survive Velocity?
    July 21, 2017, 10:09:03 AM
  • Scout: If I were to revive any of my old characters Pele would be the one, she was fun. But hell if  I know how I'd fill the time line gap.
    July 19, 2017, 08:42:17 PM
  • Scout: for example I remember Laurie and Velocity having a rivalry but not really the details of it or Laurie's relationship with any other crew members
    July 19, 2017, 08:40:54 PM
  • Scout: I have all my old character bios saved but I wish I also had pre-crash posts because my memory of them is so fuzzy
    July 19, 2017, 08:39:38 PM
  • Scout: History is good
    July 19, 2017, 08:38:55 PM
  • Clare: I'm a bad, bad girl
    July 19, 2017, 07:58:45 PM
  • Clare: Beth and Ian have history which is why I was thinking of dropping her in, given the situation between Ian and Abbey :D
    July 19, 2017, 07:58:39 PM
  • Scout: Plus confession: I'm scared of playing mechanics because I am very bad at both actual engineering and writing technobabble nonsense :D
    July 19, 2017, 03:58:00 PM
  • Scout: I guess Bri could be re-worked into a mechanic fairly easily, but I didn't get to play with her enough for her to come into her own so I don't really even remember where I was going with her at this point
    July 19, 2017, 03:57:20 PM
  • Scout: Mattie's just a gunhand
    July 19, 2017, 08:29:30 AM
  • Clare: I guess she could have retrained as a mechanic in the intervening years
    July 19, 2017, 07:35:13 AM
  • Clare: If the ship needed a geologist, throwing Beth into the mix could be amusing :D
    July 19, 2017, 07:32:38 AM
  • Velocity Grey-Lambert: Hopefully she won't drive everyone insane
    July 19, 2017, 07:31:58 AM
  • Desertpuma: also in need of a mechanic, another skill that is not Lin's strength but he can handle many basic repairs
    July 19, 2017, 12:53:37 AM
  • Desertpuma: In answer to your queries .. the only people on board Ronin that are posting are myself, Abbey and Ian. The ship is grounded and there was an intermittent message call sent out. Lin is a passable pilot but not much beyond the basics. So Velocity would be welcome
    July 19, 2017, 12:52:57 AM
  • Desertpuma: Good to see the site back up .. got an email notice of a couple of threads getting responses so I thought I would check in.
    July 19, 2017, 12:51:14 AM
  • Clare: Velocity has never forgiven the parrot, even though she can't normally remember it
    July 18, 2017, 07:49:47 PM

* Affiliated Sites

The Verse Online Crusader Citadel Dreaming
TNButton
The Yalanzen Chronicles

Find and vote for us at

Vote for us at
Top RP Sites

Find us on
RPG-D photo Abuttonresize_zps4c320df2.pngDistant Fantasies

Author Topic: Aylish Ryan's Medical Records  (Read 904 times)

Description:
Aylish Ryan's Medical Records
« on: August 26, 2015, 11:15:20 PM »
SHIP:  THE SIGNAL
Symptoms of Closed Head Injury / At the Site of the Cave-In:
Symptoms of severe closed head injury usually present themselves immediately, while symptoms of mild head injury can show up days or even weeks after an injury. Symptoms include:
   Loss of consciousness
   Dilated pupils (unequal Blown Pupil)
   Respiratory issues (Heart Stopped)
   Headache
   Dizziness
   Nausea and vomiting
   Blood leaking from ear
   Vision issues

Other Happenings:
   Dislocated Shoulder
   Cut over Temple
   Death Kurt did CPR and got her back

Upon Arrival At Hospital Diagnosis: 

Small Epidural Hematoma
An epidural hematoma (EDH) is found in approximately 3% of patients suffering from TBI. Nine percent of those in a coma have EDH. EDH is a collection of blood which occurs below the skull but above the thick leathery cover of the brain itself known as the Dura. This area of the brain is basically fluid and is a shock absorber for the brain. However, there are veins that feed and drain the brain which move through this area and when they are torn an epidural bleed can occur. These patients are often ones who have symptoms including a lucid interval, which means they are struck in the head and have a short period of initial unconsciousness, wake up and seem better then seem to deteriorate. This is because of the gradual accumulation of blood in this area which presses on the brain over time (Aylish conversed with Kurt for an extended period of time before losing consciousness and heart stopped / Kurt did CPR and brought her back)

Closed Head Injury (see symptoms above)

Respiratory Impairment Due to Brain Swelling

Treatment:

Drug Administered Mannitol:

A medication which is often given to attempt to decrease the pressure.

Induced Coma (one week)
Persons can be put into a barbiturate coma, (also known as a chemically induced coma), to help alleviate the pressure as well. This can last from days to weeks.

Hypothermia
This treatment is increasingly used - the body's core temperature is lowered to 95 degrees or lower to slow the flow of blood and other fluids to the brain. Studies have shown a better outcome with this type of treatment.

Other:
Spent another 10 days in hospital before becoming irritated with staff and checked herself out.  Staff was not sure whether the irritability was part of her injury or if that was just the way she was.  Most likely the second explanation. 

Reasons to return to the hospital:
Vomiting
Extreme drowsiness, weakness, or inability to walk
Severe headache
« Last Edit: August 26, 2015, 11:16:08 PM by Aylish Ryan »