Cleaning House

Started by Caliope, October 03, 2017, 10:55:07 PM

Caliope

To help with the Restart up of Finding Serenity I am cleaning house so to speak.

Please be aware that you will see a lot of Posts, Categories and Boards disappearing.  However do not despair all information has been saved on an Archive site.

http://findingserenity.net/Archive/index.php?

Also please note after a week any member that has not commented or return is going to be deleted.  Of course this will can only be temporary as you are more that welcome to reapply and get character sheets and stuff from the Archives :D.

Chris Carver

October 06, 2017, 12:24:02 AM #1 Last Edit: October 06, 2017, 01:12:24 PM by Chris Carver
I seem to have disappeared; it was there yesterday or the day before and I guess she got caught up in the cleaning. Do I need to recreate my application for Chris .... or would it be possible for the old one to reappear and be editable so that I can add the bits that have occurred since Chris and Addison got Mischief?

Ignore me. New application with extended history created.

Ser_Magikarp

I have a steady work schedule these days, and a guaranteed 3 days off a week. Meaning I have time to write again. I look forward to it.

Ian Dugan

Caliope

Well that was completely Bizarre.  Just Deleted all members that have not checked in in the last month on any account to clean up the members list.  There are a lot of familiar names that are now gone  :'( :o :-\ :-[

Desertpuma

October 12, 2017, 03:31:00 PM #7 Last Edit: October 12, 2017, 03:33:47 PM by Desertpuma
The accounts are gone?!?! ... Does that include all their posts in the Archives?

EDIT: It does include those safeguarded in the Archives area apparently .. so those are all safe. But any that were not in the Archives and not had any activity in the last month seem to be gone in this new main area

Caliope

No - Archives is a totally different database.   So everyone's account is still available on the Archive site.  Its just the current site to be more representative of the current active level.

Most of the accounts I deleted hadn't been logged into on any profile in over 600 days.

Desertpuma

Quote from: Caliope on October 12, 2017, 03:34:53 PM
No - Archives is a totally different database.   So everyone's account is still available on the Archive site.  Its just the current site to be more representative of the current active level.

Most of the accounts I deleted hadn't been logged into on any profile in over 600 days.

600 DAYS!!

Caliope

Yep and I deleted a lot of 1000+ days as well

PurpleRiver

Sad times.

But return is always an option!  :)

PurpleRiver

March 17, 2018, 03:16:43 AM #12 Last Edit: March 17, 2018, 10:13:59 AM by PurpleRiver
I've been working to get all the info on this board up to date. I'm going to be taking a crack at the Casting Call next!

Could everyone please take a second to check if the face claim you use for an active character is listed.
If it's not listed, please take a minute to post links here

In addition, if you have a retired character or inactive character from the previous site that you played and isn't listed, you can reserve that face claim too, in case you want to bring them back in the future.

It would also be nice if you let us know if you no longer want to reserve a face claim that is listed.

Thank you!

PurpleRiver

Hi folks  :D

So it's starting to be noticed that some of our players haven't brought over their character sheets from the Archive yet so we've been finding a few broken character profile links all over the place. This is especially frustrating for new players as when they try to follow a link to the Archive they can't.

Now, it would be a pretty tedious job for me to to go through every character sheet link on here to check it so please please can everyone who played a character on the former version of FS PLEASE check their current character sheets. If it's on the Archive, you need to repost it on this site.

You have 2 choices for doing that:

• Copy & Paste the app as it is on the Archive and post it here in the Census.
  • If you want to make any edits to the sheet (update history, add skills and weaknesses developed through RP) re-app it like a normal sheet here in Character Application.

Then you'll need to double-check the link in your character profile (for each IC sub-account you have).
Profile > Modify Profile > Forum Profile
At the bottom of the page is a box where you put in the NUMBER ONLY of your character sheet.

Example: if this is the url of your character sheet http://www.findingserenity.net/index.php?topic=2245.0 Then the number you put in your profile is 2245.

I also recommend checking this for any inactive characters you have, but active characters are the priority.

Thanks everyone!

;D