Home :: Help :: Team :: Members :: Login :: Register

+ Finding Serenity  » To/From the Staff  » Announcements 
|- Cleaning House 
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

collapse

* Quick Links

* Chat

Refresh History
  • Rolemancer: Busy busy weekend....Happy Father's Day! I'll catch up Monday.
    June 17, 2018, 01:38:24 PM
  • Axe: Puny imgur is no match for the mighty PR!
    June 14, 2018, 08:25:42 PM
  • PurpleRiver: Wahey! See my awesomeness! (It was imgur confusing me with their variety of links)
    June 14, 2018, 08:24:14 PM
  • PurpleRiver: I can't get the image for The Allure to work. I'm doing it exactly the same as all the others... :(
    June 14, 2018, 08:19:40 PM
  • Axe: OH! Whoops. I knew I was forgetting something!
    June 14, 2018, 08:13:05 PM
  • PurpleRiver: Hi, not a big deal but -- remember that character sheets are to be posted under the PLAYER name i.e. the parent account not the character subaccount :)
    June 14, 2018, 08:01:16 PM
  • Scout: Gonna get a Mattie post up later today
    June 14, 2018, 05:11:26 AM
  • Scout: I just remember Jonah dying in some kind of a space explosion, and Pele losing her money in a maybe-explosion? Somehow they lost access to whatever ship or shuttle her belongings were in
    June 13, 2018, 07:31:21 PM
  • Scout: Wasn't Seraph destroyed?
    June 13, 2018, 07:30:22 PM
  • PurpleRiver: Scout... I don't remember the explosions...!
    June 13, 2018, 07:28:30 PM
  • MacTrom: Sweet. Thanks
    June 13, 2018, 06:57:17 PM
  • Axe: Approved
    June 13, 2018, 05:22:07 PM
  • MacTrom: She’s good to go
    June 13, 2018, 01:30:22 PM
  • Axe: (Assuming the app is ready?)
    June 13, 2018, 02:35:01 AM
  • Axe: Will review Karyn Wychovski tomorrow
    June 13, 2018, 02:34:45 AM
  • Axe: Reminder: Dont be afraid to PM me or @ me on Discord if I've missed/forgotten to review an app or take care of something! :)
    June 13, 2018, 12:32:16 AM
  • Scout: Both were space explosions though
    June 11, 2018, 06:38:17 PM
  • Scout: One of those wasn't a full-blown Seraph ship explosion but something else
    June 11, 2018, 06:38:11 PM
  • Scout: Was that the one we jumped on after the first explosion that killed Jonah or after the second explosion where Pele lost her cash
    June 11, 2018, 06:37:39 PM
  • PurpleRiver: *Its Enemy the Dragon... That was it!
    June 11, 2018, 06:01:40 PM

* Affiliated Sites

The Verse Online Crusader Citadel Dreaming
TNButton
The Yalanzen Chronicles

Find and vote for us at

Vote for us at
Top RP Sites

Find us on
RPG-DDistant Fantasies

Site Plot

Finding Serenity

Finding Serenity is an original-character roleplay set in Joss Whedon's Firefly 'Verse. Events take place after the events of the Serenity movie.

The year is 2519.

Earth-That-Was is long gone. Humans found a new group of solar systems with dozens of planets and hundreds of moons. The "Core" planets are civilised, high-tech and under Alliance control. The "Border" worlds are diverse and distinct. The "Rim" is the wild west of the 'verse and the "Black" is where our ships travel, hoping to avoid the perils of space: Alliance, pirates, and the monsters known as Reavers.

So here we are, on the "raggedy edge". This is where our characters live. There are those who stick by the Alliance Government, those who want to rise up against it, and those that just don't care either way as long as they can make a living. With every turn, every choice put forward and every decision made we are FINDING SERENITY

Author Topic: Cleaning House  (Read 373 times)

Description:
  • Veteran
  • Crew
  • Awards $5 + donator Video editors with featured character or ship videos Artists who have featured Sigs, Banners and other graphics
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Cleaning House
« on: October 04, 2017, 05:55:07 AM »
To help with the Restart up of Finding Serenity I am cleaning house so to speak.

Please be aware that you will see a lot of Posts, Categories and Boards disappearing.  However do not despair all information has been saved on an Archive site.

http://findingserenity.net/Archive/index.php?

Also please note after a week any member that has not commented or return is going to be deleted.  Of course this will can only be temporary as you are more that welcome to reapply and get character sheets and stuff from the Archives :D.

Re: Cleaning House

« Reply #1 on: October 06, 2017, 07:24:02 AM »
I seem to have disappeared; it was there yesterday or the day before and I guess she got caught up in the cleaning. Do I need to recreate my application for Chris .... or would it be possible for the old one to reappear and be editable so that I can add the bits that have occurred since Chris and Addison got Mischief?

Ignore me. New application with extended history created.
« Last Edit: October 06, 2017, 08:12:24 PM by Chris Carver »

• Narrator
  • Crew
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: October 06, 2017, 03:51:42 PM »
Understood Callie

• Never doubt a Fish in the Black
  • Jr. Crew
  • *Uses Splash*
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: October 06, 2017, 04:41:22 PM »
I have a steady work schedule these days, and a guaranteed 3 days off a week. Meaning I have time to write again. I look forward to it.

• Sr. Crew
  • Father Time
  • Awards Wash's Words - Comedic Post The Joss Jayneism - Witty one Liners
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: October 12, 2017, 03:24:54 PM »
I'm here  8)

• Narrator
  • Crew
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: October 12, 2017, 03:28:52 PM »
I'm here  8)

Glad to see ya, Ian! Check your messages!

• Veteran
  • Crew
  • Awards $5 + donator Video editors with featured character or ship videos Artists who have featured Sigs, Banners and other graphics
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #6 on: October 12, 2017, 10:16:10 PM »
Well that was completely Bizarre.  Just Deleted all members that have not checked in in the last month on any account to clean up the members list.  There are a lot of familiar names that are now gone  :'( :o :-\ :-[

• Narrator
  • Crew
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #7 on: October 12, 2017, 10:31:00 PM »
The accounts are gone?!?! ... Does that include all their posts in the Archives?

EDIT: It does include those safeguarded in the Archives area apparently .. so those are all safe. But any that were not in the Archives and not had any activity in the last month seem to be gone in this new main area
« Last Edit: October 12, 2017, 10:33:47 PM by Desertpuma »

• Veteran
  • Crew
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #8 on: October 12, 2017, 10:34:53 PM »
No - Archives is a totally different database.   So everyone's account is still available on the Archive site.  Its just the current site to be more representative of the current active level.

Most of the accounts I deleted hadn't been logged into on any profile in over 600 days.

• Narrator
  • Crew
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #9 on: October 12, 2017, 10:46:02 PM »
No - Archives is a totally different database.   So everyone's account is still available on the Archive site.  Its just the current site to be more representative of the current active level.

Most of the accounts I deleted hadn't been logged into on any profile in over 600 days.

600 DAYS!!

• Veteran
  • Crew
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #10 on: October 12, 2017, 10:53:06 PM »
Yep and I deleted a lot of 1000+ days as well

• Administrator
  • Jr. Crew
  • The Original FS Pirate
  • Awards Video editors with featured character or ship videos
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #11 on: October 13, 2017, 09:19:49 AM »
Sad times.

But return is always an option!  :)

• Administrator
  • Jr. Crew
  • The Original FS Pirate
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #12 on: March 17, 2018, 10:16:43 AM »
I've been working to get all the info on this board up to date. I'm going to be taking a crack at the Casting Call next!

Could everyone please take a second to check if the face claim you use for an active character is listed.
If it's not listed, please take a minute to post links here

In addition, if you have a retired character or inactive character from the previous site that you played and isn't listed, you can reserve that face claim too, in case you want to bring them back in the future.

It would also be nice if you let us know if you no longer want to reserve a face claim that is listed.

Thank you!
« Last Edit: March 17, 2018, 05:13:59 PM by PurpleRiver »

CHARACTER SHEETS

• Administrator
  • Jr. Crew
  • The Original FS Pirate
    • View Profile
    • Awards
CHARACTER SHEETS
« Reply #13 on: April 26, 2018, 10:07:17 AM »
Hi folks  :D

So it's starting to be noticed that some of our players haven't brought over their character sheets from the Archive yet so we've been finding a few broken character profile links all over the place. This is especially frustrating for new players as when they try to follow a link to the Archive they can't.

Now, it would be a pretty tedious job for me to to go through every character sheet link on here to check it so please please can everyone who played a character on the former version of FS PLEASE check their current character sheets. If it's on the Archive, you need to repost it on this site.

You have 2 choices for doing that:

• Copy & Paste the app as it is on the Archive and post it here in the Census.
  • If you want to make any edits to the sheet (update history, add skills and weaknesses developed through RP) re-app it like a normal sheet here in Character Application.

Then you'll need to double-check the link in your character profile (for each IC sub-account you have).
Profile > Modify Profile > Forum Profile
At the bottom of the page is a box where you put in the NUMBER ONLY of your character sheet.

Example: if this is the url of your character sheet
Code: [Select]
http://www.findingserenity.net/index.php?topic=2245.0 Then the number you put in your profile is 2245.

I also recommend checking this for any inactive characters you have, but active characters are the priority.

Thanks everyone!

;D