"Everythin' Shiny"

Started by Cortex Mainframe, February 13, 2013, 01:49:46 PM

Cortex Mainframe

For those posts or threads where the reactions are just so that character.  Of course this doesn't necessarily have to be a good thing - especially if the character is a bad guy or a coward etc. 

kysenp

April 10, 2013, 06:09:54 AM #1 Last Edit: April 12, 2014, 07:59:10 PM by Black Betty
I feel like Sabrina on Bridgeway needs kudos for playing unconscious so well here. I also think that the reaction by Nate was also very well played. KUDOS :).

AWARDED!
What if one's greatest fear is that one could be truly extraordinary? What if to avoid fear one avoids the chance of a lifetime?

Black Betty

D'aw! Shucks! :D Them's perty words, right there! Thank you! :D <3<3

Black Betty

June 23, 2013, 08:50:03 AM #3 Last Edit: April 12, 2014, 08:00:16 PM by Black Betty
Just wanted to say that I absolutely love how PR keeps Luke in character in our thread So Much for the Afterglow.

Even in such an awkward, confusing and tense situation he has kept up his arrogance and cockiness and stuff that just makes Luke, Luke... I love it!

AWARDED!

PurpleRiver

January 30, 2014, 02:49:09 PM #4 Last Edit: April 12, 2014, 08:00:31 PM by Black Betty
edgesteel as Nick Bradshaw, The Signal

He says so much without saying a word! Excellent post showing us the character of the character. :)

AWARDED!

PurpleRiver

April 04, 2014, 05:58:51 PM #5 Last Edit: April 12, 2014, 08:01:39 PM by Black Betty
Scout as Mattie has been pretty darn awesome so far. Most of all Scout does a good job of giving tiny glimpses of Mattie's inner self while the character doesn't let her walls come down. Much. :)

Mattie Rooney

AWARDED!

Scout

Aw shucks. Thank you!  :)

PurpleRiver

April 08, 2014, 05:42:56 PM #7 Last Edit: April 12, 2014, 08:03:12 PM by Black Betty
Victoria Dare is psychic. PrairieGhost is not (at least not that I know).

And yet somehow she writes Victoria in such a way that we know she knows what's going to happen and yet doesn't give it away while not ignoring what she knows. It's pretty awesome.

Here's just one example.

http://www.findingserenity.net/index.php?topic=1453.msg15947#msg15947

AWARDED!

Black Betty

April 12, 2014, 09:23:58 PM #8 Last Edit: April 12, 2014, 09:26:34 PM by Black Betty
Just going through the old kudos board and switching some things over so kudos can be given where they are due.

Quote from: Darius on March 31, 2013, 05:38:58 AM
Quote from: Marcus Quinn on March 31, 2013, 02:12:48 AM
Marcus nodded If they want to join in on the fight then they count.. Inspecting the area around the tripwire, Marcus grunted, Old tricks is the best tricks, you get too fancy with your equipment and someone like that techie can steal it from under you. In that respect how low tech is a knife?

The Miranda broadcast... Marcus supposed that it was supposed to shake everyone's world, but the old mercenary didn't understand the whole thing. That broadcast thing, it don't really affect us much. The more the world changes the more it stays the same. People will always be fighting each other, and they will always hire people like us to get the job done. Now do the people that did it deserve to die, sure. I don't know if I would go as far as to hunt them down, without some form of payment. It may seem callous to ignore tragedy on that kind of scale, but that was life. Marcus had to look out for himself, no one else would.

A nicely done post by Alex Quinn. Elegant in it's simplicity, and yet Alex seemed to really highlight the natural apathy of Marcus. I didn't see the cliche mercenary who only wanted to get paid. I really see the old, war-tired, worn out man who has been around the 'Verse too long and see too much of the darkness hidden within humans. Kudos.

AWARDED!

Metal Gear Shaco

I'd like to nominate OnionDude aka Bert McGaffey for his post here I can't quite put my finger on it but I was touched by the post. Sonja is new to the Nautilus as and am I, and something about this post really read as welcome home is a very Bert way. Thanks OnionDude!

OnionDude

Well, I'm going ahead and nominatin' Shaco aka Sonja Bjergsen.  I for one really got the sense of sadness that Sonja was throwing out, kinda made me own self choke up a bit.  And the Chinese lullaby topped it off perfectly. 

Quote from: Sonja Bjergsen on April 22, 2014, 07:12:19 PM
Jail was not a place Sonja ever expected to land herself. Even with all the temper she might muster in a kitchen not an ounce of it ever left that holy ground. The woman felt so very much a little girl again surrounded by the dull grey of the containment cell. Tears welled up behind her eyes as she heard the exchanged between the guards and her fellow crewmates.

Sonja bit down on her lip, willing herself not to cry openly. As the feelings bubbled up in chest an old memory came to her and she opened her mouth to breth out soft and quiet words. Slowly the became audible as she repeated the old lullaby her mother used to sing to her. "Yáo a yáo yáo a yáo," Fingers reached up and cleared the few tears as she found her center in the old melody and gathered her wits about her once again. "Bǎobǎo huái zhōng shuì yáo nǐ zhǎngdà..."

Sonja's song: Chiyi Yu's "Lullaby"

dannyness

Cakenator as Josephine Parker on Gemini for this post: http://www.findingserenity.net/index.php?topic=1610.msg16622#msg16622

Good reaction, good hints at character background, and morbid descriptions. I like it.
" class="bbc_img

Black Betty

September 04, 2014, 07:42:10 AM #12 Last Edit: May 11, 2018, 03:16:59 PM by PurpleRiver
I would like to nominate Danny/Cubby for his post here. This post was engaging, fun to read and really gave us a true glimpse of Cubby's character! Loved it!

AWARDED!

RUNE

I'm nominating Artemis Graham on Wushu, not only for this post but many others.

Artemis is consistently solid in her character, reacts exactly as that character should, and tends to add something else that takes the direction of the thread and other crew to the next place in the story. Sometimes whether we all know we needed to get there or not!

I know that I hung on a windy tree nine long nights, wounded with a spear, dedicated to Odin, myself to myself, on that tree of which no man knows from where its roots run.
No bread did they give me nor a drink from a horn, downwards I peered; I took up the runes, screaming I took them, then I fell back from there.
The songs I know that king's wives know not Nor men that are sons of men.
So do I write and color the runes.

Axe

Quote from: RUNE on March 02, 2019, 04:49:40 PM
I'm nominating Artemis Graham on Wushu, not only for this post but many others.

Artemis is consistently solid in her character, reacts exactly as that character should, and tends to add something else that takes the direction of the thread and other crew to the next place in the story. Sometimes whether we all know we needed to get there or not!

Awarded
CHARACTERS
Riot ~ Akhsar King