S2E7 - Greenleaf Stopover

Started by Desertpuma, May 06, 2018, 12:59:14 PM

Charity

May 14, 2018, 12:48:02 PM #40 Last Edit: May 16, 2018, 09:24:07 AM by Charity
"Lao tien ye! Scared the go se outta me!"

Eyes widening a fraction, a gentle pink settled across Charity's cheeks at the woman's language. However, she laughed it off goodnaturedly and waved a hand, "I apologize, I did not mean to sneak up on you," she told her. In fact, it was rare that Charity had ever snuck up on someone. The saloon made it hard to hear her approaching or to see her coming and she was not used to that. It was a little fun to be a surprise, she was finding.

"Ariel... security install... right? So... um...Yeah, that was a while ago, but I'm really sorry... the name isn't coming to me."

Pleased, the crimson-clad woman nodded and clasped her hands together in front of her chest, her smile bright, its warmth directed toward Jo. "That's right!" she confirmed, lowering one hand but holding up the index finger of the other, "Charity," she offered when the other woman could not quite recall her name. Of course, she conveniently forgot to add her last name to that clarification. "Why don't you come sit with us? It must be awful lonely here in the back," she invited, brushing away a stray curl that had slipped over her shoulder.

There was a bit of a commotion at the entrance to the bar and Charity turned her head curiously, catching sight of Abigail, Jax, Artemis, a man she didn't know, and Grace. Her brows furrowed for a litany of reasons. One, why was Abigail wearing blood like it was makeup? Two, who was the man they were with? And Three, when had Grace slipped out of the bar in the first place. She'd had her back turned for half a moment and somehow her doctor had gone and gotten herself into some kind of unsavory situation. Her chest heaved slowly, the aristocrat attempting to breathe some calm back into her body. If Grace managed to look her way, Charity spread her arms to the side a little, a question clear on her face. "Well, why don't you come sit with all of us, I'm sure they have a story to tell," she corrected, pointing languidly in the direction of her Captain and the three crew members surrounding him, her gaze returning to the security systems expert.

At the bar, there was a sudden, "Juh Shi Suh Mo Go Dohng Shee? I didn't order no gorram sah-kay!" It seemed the brute who'd 'sent' Amorru a drink was ready to leave. However, when his bill came and there were several additions to it that he hadn't made, Mr. Hamfist was furious. There was his swill, which he expected, and there was a brandy he could have ordered and simply forgotten about. But what was this sake?! Or to be more accurate, what was this high end expensive sake? A lot of things could be said about Mr. Hamfist, but being a man of refined and diverse tastes was not one of those many things. "Who?!" was all he could manage in his rage. The server, who'd taken several steps away to avoid drawing any attention or hostility his way, shakily pointed a finger in Amorru's direction. The slightly intoxicated hulk stood up and stomped his way toward the fancy boy and his pretty woman, lips turned downward in a sneer, violence in his eyes.
Dialogue Color: AntiqueWhite

Jolene Blaylocke

The name Charity didn't quite rattle full recognition completely clear in Jo's head, but had a vague resonance to it. Being invited to join Charity and... someone who apparently was no longer where they'd originally been... Jo made to argue with a polite thank you and explanation that she was waiting for someone, when the second invitation to join an entire group of people followed swiftly. She really didn't want to be rude, but she also didn't want to force a future employer to feel like they had to extract her from a large group either.

"Oh, I was sort of waiting on someone for a job interview of sorts. I know the ship is here..." her voice trailed off as she leaned over a little, braid falling free of her shoulder, to get a look at these friends of Charity. The group could not have been more mismatched in Jo's mind. Bloodied and no where near as dressed up, Charity looked like she'd walked out of a capture; her friends out of an old Earth that Was horror film. Then came the yelling of a giant of a man from the bar.

Between the blood spattered friends of Charity and the brute who looked ready to rip some poor couple limb from limb, Jo decided she was probably in the safest spot. "You know, I think it might be a little safer over here. Your friends look like they just ended a fight and that guy's looking to start one." Blindly, Jo began reaching for her bag, failing to grasp it a couple of times before finally capturing it and tugging it into her lap and dropping her cortex link into it. "Though it never hurts to be ready to move in case things get outta control, right?"

Jerilyn Gordon

Jerilyn fell in with Amy's chatter, each taking turns to describe their various ships and boats, friends and acquaintances, planets visited and avoided.

"... I was piloting a Jo Lynn transport in the War. Battle of Serenity Valley. Don't care to talk about it, though. Been on fireflies, some heavier transports, but usually they're too big for my taste... "

Then the big lunk at the bar let out a bellow and turned to glare at them. In a number of stumbling strides he reached their booth and crashed both fists down on the edge of the table, barely not missing but almost capsizing the platform. Jeri jerked back into the heavily cushioned seat, and brought her hand up, the small needler pointed steadily at the man's chest.

"If you have a problem, I'd suggest asking more politely. "

She took her saki cup in her left hand and slowly sipped while her eyes returned his stare.

Jax

May 14, 2018, 04:34:46 PM #43 Last Edit: May 15, 2018, 03:46:54 PM by Jax
"I found a couple of strays out there along with the information we need to get Ian his ship back. The Wushu is Captained by Jax and his XO is Abigail Archer. Both were previously crew on Ronin. We may be able to get their help for a minor part of my plan to take out Nikola. We'll see."

Jax motioned a greeting to Lin's crew gathered around the table. His ears did perk up at the talk of Wushu possibly assisting Ronin in some endeavor which invariably was a risky business. "Great to meet you all but I need to attend to a meeting I'm already late for." Turning to Lin..."We'll catch up later Kuei."

Jax needed to make contact with their new prospect but his first concern was to see that Abigail was okay. He managed to secure a moist towel from the barkeep to help with some of the blood. He began gently erasing any evidence of the altercation, it didn't take long before she snatched the rag from his hand..."Oh give me that will ya!" Jax let her complete the clean up. "Okay....I need to go meet that Comm Tech we spoke about....something,,,ah, Blaylocke. She should be here." Jax took a quick gaze around the room. He didn't see this Blaylocke person but did notice some folks looking and pointing in their direction. "I don't think we have much time left here before security comes prancing in...I'm sure our little escapade was caught on surveillance." Jax was starting to get the uneasy feeling they were being watched. "Keep a shark eye and get the crew together...I'll be right with you." Jax gave her a quick peck on the one unbloody cheek she had.

Lin Kuei

Lin nodded at Jax as he went to see about Abigail's minor wounds. Without really looking at anyone, just the saloon in general, Lin spoke again. "There may be some local color if security gets wind of the scuffle out in the corridor. Keep your eyes up." He took another sip of his tea as the large man by the bar drunkenly stomped over to a table.

This could be anything from a mistaken identity to a lot of broken furniture. If Lin had his way, the man would start a large enough fight for Ronin to slip away in the commotion. History taught him that this would not likely happen and instead what could go wrong will likely go wrong. A bad mantra and one he refused to bow too no matter how often it reared its ugly head. He made a mental note to get the info necessary to Abigail and Jax about the small location on Three Hills they could hit.

Natascha Santiago-Negron

Nat was mostly joking- how hard could it be to get a beer in a bar?- but at the lack of Monty's preferred brew, she offered a sympathetic pat.

"Great crew's always a good thing to drink to," she said, toasting her glass. And speak of the devil- in came their captain, looking just a little more worse for wear.

"Oof- hope the other guy got what was coming," Nat commented as Lin took a seat. Tea drinker, eh? Well, always appreciate the designated driver.

"I'll be fine- I've flown through worse conditions. Sometimes you need a drink before takeoff- you know, calm the jitters when there's Alliance AA fire fillin' the sky."

Nat laughed, downing her one drink and deciding to keep it at that. She gave Lin's accompaniment a brief wave of greeting- two ships teaming up then. Should be interesting.
I'm a courier- don't you want me to handle your package~?

Vega Barnet

May 14, 2018, 07:54:22 PM #46 Last Edit: May 14, 2018, 07:55:16 PM by Vega Barnet
Vega raised his glass for the toast and took a long sip, letting the Vodka burn its way down his throat, and enjoying the harsh warmth of it. Willing himself to relax, he watched the room, wondering a little at the woman in the red dress and jewelry, she looked more than a touch out of place in the Skyplex bar. Lin joined them after a spell and seemed to have brought friends. All three seemed to have been in a fight, and Vega did not envy whoever had been on the other end of it. He'd seen Lin fight. Vega nodded to Jax and Abigail as they were introduced.

Just then the air shifted. It didn't physically shift, but there was a change in the room that tripped alarm bells in Vegas brain. Just then a rather large gentleman let loose with a string of expletives. Oh boy, here we go... There seemed to have been some confusion with the mans tab, and after a rage filled "Who?!" he approached a booth where a pretty woman and a man has been talking. The big guy slammed both fists down on the table, to which the woman replied to by producing a small needler.

"Might be some local color in here too in a minute." Vegas tone was conversational, but there was a new light in his eyes as he slowly worked his head to the left, and then to the right, eliciting a few quiet pops. The wolf in the back of his mind gave a whine, eager for the violence that seemed to be brewing.

Artemis Graham

May 15, 2018, 02:18:24 AM #47 Last Edit: May 15, 2018, 02:58:26 AM by Artemis Graham
Once the drink hit the back of her throat Art felt the tension she'd been feeling ease slightly. Closing her eyes she tried to silence the wave of memories that danced across her mind. She'd just been managing to restore some calm when she was jarred back to reality as a hulk bumped past her, spilling her drink in the process. Sighing, Art began the process of counting to ten but perhaps because she hadn't had to use the trick in so long, she forgot the part where you were meant to close your eyes and thus saw where the stumbling man's path led. To Amorru. Of course. And either because of the violence she'd already seen that night or because of the drink still warming her insides (or because she was feeling defensive of someone she called an almost friend) Artemis' next reaction was to draw her pistol.

"Hey," she began. It was not a shout but it rang out across the bar like a practiced school teacher's voice could cut through a noisy classroom. She was still leaning against the bar but her gun, now pointed casually at the hulk, was steady and deliberate. "How about you leave the couple alone and consider your bill settled by me." Without taking her eye or her gun off the man she reached into her pocket and slid enough cash to easily settle the bill onto the bar. "I've seen enough bloodshed today. And unless you want to see some of your own painting that wall I'd suggest you take my generous offer and be on your way."

As the space between herself and the man immediately thinned she noticed that she wasn't the only one pointing a weapon at the man. Art was making a concentrated effort to look expressionless and bored, otherwise she would have managed a small smile. If she hadn't been determined to avoid another brawl she would have enjoyed seeing what the brunette could do. Amorru had good taste.

Jax

Jax moved around the crowded room trying to match a picture in his head to a person that he hoped was seated somewhere in the saloon. The one person he did spot right out was Charity, off at another table apart from the crew. He moved in her direction wanting to make sure she was okay. On the way he was just about bowled over by a ton of a man in a hurry. Jax regained his balance and just brushed it off and continued on.

Arriving at the table..."Miss Charity what are you doing over...." He paused as he noticed the other woman at the table was his Comm Tech prospect. "...Here?" Jax turned to address Charity's company. "Miss Blaylocke! ....I've been looking for you." Jax said surprised and glad. "We might be in a bit of a rush, so if you're still interested in the job we best get moving."

"Hey!" Jax turned when hearing the familiar voice of his mechanic to find her pointing a pistol toward the hulk of a drunk. Jax turned back to Charity and Blaylocke. "Times up!"

Lin Kuei

May 15, 2018, 09:18:27 PM #49 Last Edit: May 16, 2018, 05:33:30 AM by Lin Kuei
Lin noticed Artemis and her reaction to the man who had approached the table. It was just the sort of incident which could draw some undue attention. Ronin's Captain drained his cup of tea and stood. He turned to Vega. "Get whatever alcohol we may need then get back to the ship. We are probably going to need to avoid getting caught up in stuff." He dropped enough credits on the table to cover the drinks and pickup several bottles from the bar.

Moving quickly, Lin made his way to Abigail, stood close like they may have been involved and whispered in her ear. "If you can get to Three Hills, there is a town called Broken Spike. It has a private bank owned by Nikola's local head, a man named Otis Farrell. Rumor has it he's a slavedriver. Feel free to take it and him down." Stepping back, Lin nodded to her before looking over at Ian and nodding toward the door. It was time to leave.

Jerilyn Gordon

May 15, 2018, 10:28:54 PM #50 Last Edit: May 15, 2018, 11:28:22 PM by Jerilyn Gordon
Jeri pushed back into the cushion of her seat and with her left hand took back her cortex tablet from Amorru, still keeping the small weapon pointed at the hulk. Amorru sat quietly at the side as she slowly scrolled over the visible entries until she saw the Ronin listing. She triggered a response requesting a berth and indicating her location at the bar. She inclosed a recent photo of herself for recognition.

Then she slipped the tablet back in her bag. 

Amorru Reyes

May 16, 2018, 07:56:23 AM #51 Last Edit: May 16, 2018, 08:15:34 AM by Amorru Reyes
The conversation with Jeri continued, her tales amusing Amorru almost as much as his own half-truths and re-imaginings. Not a bad game, if a bit one-sided. I don't think I've managed to give away one honest detail since she asked about Charity. Lost in his focus on spinning tales to one-up his conversation partner, attempting to ride that line just shy of causing his gracious host embarrassment per one of the many social guidelines of his hidden noble upbringing, Amorru remained oblivious to the rest of the bar until a pair of fist-shaped powder kegs smashed down on the table.

Amorru lifted his saucer cup from the table as the dishes and glassware rattled, unable to bear  the thought of spilt sake. He looked up at the brute recognizing the man whose earlier attempt at garnering Amorru's attention resulted in his tab being charged for the piloting pair's social lubricant for the evening. Before Amorru could open his mouth, Jeri drew a gun on the man, urging him to mind his manners and eliciting a smile from our story's brave and handsome hero.

Amorru boldly slid away from the man, intending to heroicly slip off while Jeri held the man's attention, but stopped when a familiar voice called "Hey" across the room. Not really a shout, just a genuine attempt to gain the man's attention.

Quote from: Artemis Graham"How about you leave the couple alone and consider your bill settled by me." Without taking her eye or her gun off the man she reached into her pocket and slid enough cash to easily settle the bill onto the bar. "I've seen enough bloodshed today. And unless you want to see some of your own painting that wall I'd suggest you take my generous offer and be on your way."

Amorru's face beamed at Art's interference and attempt to defuse the situation. Figure maybe I've got a friend on Wushu after all.  Bolstered by Art's arrival, Amorru switched gears and rose from the booth as Jeri casually sent her wave. If she always kept her cool like that, he assumed she must be a hell of a pilot. Amorru looked up at Mr. Hamhands. Despite his best attempt at stretching his spine and the lifts in his boots, the troublesome dandy still stood just short of the other man's nose. Hrmph. No chance for a well timed headbutt. Knee between the legs'll have to do.

Amorru's chest puffed like a posturing peacock as he stepped closer, completely oblivious to the risk of friendly fire. "Figure it should be an honor, buyin' a drink for Amorru ruttin' Reyes. And to extend that courtesy to my new friend here? Why, that's downright noble of you. Not the kinda thing go stirrin' up such a ruckus about. Now you've interrupted my meal and made my acquaintance. Bully for you. Here." Amorru lifted Artemis's generous donation, thinking it felt a bit thick. That made two he owed her now. He'd have to remedy that in the future. "Now, take my other friend's advice. Go pay out your tab. Remember to tip your server." Amorru pulled two bills from the pile, laying one on the table to provide an example for the brute and folding the other into the palm of his hand. The bill disappeared in his pocket as he pushed the stack into the man's wide, barrel chest. "And stick the rest up your wide and considerable pigu." Amorru smirked and his eyebrows shot up for emphasis. Within a second, a bowling ball of flesh and bone drove into his solar plexus and forced all the air from his lungs.
It's a mechanical bull at number one You'll take a ride from anyone
Everyone wants a ride, pulls away, Ooh, From you

Metric, "Black Sheep"

Charity

May 16, 2018, 09:23:09 AM #52 Last Edit: May 16, 2018, 09:26:45 AM by Charity
Charity glanced back at her companions again, looking them over and trying not to imagine the fight they had just ended. Jolene was right, they didn't look like the type of people one might want to associate with, but if she could only convince the woman that they were far more warm and cuddly than the blood splattered all over their faces might have indicated. Her lips parted in the beginnings of some attempt to explain things when Jax made his was to them, all on his own.

"Miss Charity what are you doing over...here?"

"Captain," she greeted warmly, relieved he was there to hopefully impress upon Jo that he wasn't a violent blood thirsty ruffian. Although, really, she'd only known him for a day and a half so she couldn't say with one hundred percent certainty that that wasn't the case. But she was pretty confident that it wasn't.

"We might be in a bit of a rush, so if you're still interested in the job we best get moving."

Now that was interesting! Not only did it appear that her Captain was the one the smaller woman had been waiting for, but it also looked like they were in a rush. "Something wrong, Captain?" she asked, although the bellow from across the saloon informed her that, yes...there was something wrong. Turning her head and lifting a hand to brush her hair away from her face, she wasn't surprised to find their fancy pilot directly in the middle of brewing trouble. He did seem to relish in attention and what kind of attention was more exciting than a brawl? Or so she imagined.

"Times up!"

"Indeed," Charity muttered, smiling apologetically at Jo before extending her hand and setting it atop Jax' forearm, hoping he'd lead her and their apparent new hire out of the saloon before Charity had to witness anything too unsavory.

---

Immediately upon slamming his fists down upon their table, Mr. Hamhands found himself at the end of a gun. Now, any typical person might have backed down when presented with that specific deterrent, but Hammy was drunk, he was angry, and now he was feeling mighty insulted. To him, this was the polite way of asking why someone had ordered several expensive drinks and then put them on his bill without permission. Was there any other way to confront such a situation, to right such an injustice? Surely not. Why, HamHam was the victim here, and here was this woman thinking that pointing a gun at him was the best decision.

He extended a sizeable hand, wrapping his brutish fingers around the sake container and yanking it off the table, "I'm guessin' this' mine," he snapped at them both, sniffing at the brim of the bottle and glowering down at the girl and her foppish companion, his voice loud and slurred. If looks could kill, eh?

He lifted the bottle, about to toss it in one direction or another, to make a point, you see, when a 'Hey' from across the bar caught his groggy and anger fueled irritation. Now he had two weapons pointed at him. That didn't seem fair, not in the least. Sure, this new lady was offering to pay for 'his' bill, although really, was it his bill? But still, insults like this had to be addressed. If Hammy let one pretty boy walk all over him today, who would try it tomorrow? Sooner or later, he'd be buying the drinks of every Tom, Dick, and Harry what entered the place!

"Figure it should be an honor, buyin' a drink for Amorru ruttin' Reyes. And to extend that courtesy to my new friend here? Why, that's downright noble of you. Not the kinda thing go stirrin' up such a ruckus about. Now you've interrupted my meal and made my acquaintance. Bully for you. Here. Now, take my other friend's advice. Go pay out your tab. Remember to tip your server. And stick the rest up your wide and considerable pigu."

See, now this was why Hammy couldn't simply let this go. First they make you pay for their drinks, and then they mouth off to you in a very public establishment and say some very unkind words about your physique. Much like a bull preparing for a charge, the brute stared Amorru down through the entirety of his speech, nostrils flaring, eyes wide, shoulders tense. At the end of the tyrade, he nodded a couple of times, perhaps he was going to take his advice after all. Perhaps this situation was going to end peacefully, if not absolutely rudely. Or perhaps not. With nary a grunt in warning, Mr. Hamhands drove his fist into Amorru's solar plexus, bellowing with rage all the while. Huge hands grabbed at his lapels, lifting the man straight off the floor by a couple of inches before attempting to slam him down onto another nearby table. Why, he'd plum forgotten about both guns pointed his way with all the excitement.
Dialogue Color: AntiqueWhite

Jolene Blaylocke

Quote from: Jax"Miss Blaylocke! ....I've been looking for you."

Jo had watched the scene unfolding in the bar, eyes growing just a little wider with interest. The movement of one of Charity's friend in their direction breaking the spell of the fight brewing, Jo's eyes grew even wider when he apparently recognized her and proceeded to lay claim to the man being her possible new employer. Her mouth opened once and she lifted one finger as if she were about to say something, and then her mouth closed. She didn't even know what the job was going to entail, but getting bloodied at every stop along the way wasn't exactly high on her list of things she wanted to do before she died.

She also wasn't keen on rushing on the dying part.

Quote from: Jax"We might be in a bit of a rush, so if you're still interested in the job we best get moving."

"Would the rush be on account of the choice of someone else's blood as an accessory or the fact that big and angry over there is wailing away on loud and mouthy?" The question came just as 'loud and mouthy' got a solid hammer hand blow to his chest. Even from where she was across the bar, Jo could feel the impact and winced. Already, Jo was scrambling out of the booth and found herself looking up... 'Not unusual...' at both Jax and Charity who was likely wearing a nice set of heels beneath her sumptuous attire.

"Still interested, but more interested in staying alive and not bloodied or full of holes just now. I gotta grab one bag from a storage locker though..." Brow furrowed, questioning her decision to take the job, the petite woman decided to let the captain and Charity take the lead, at least until they were past the drawn guns. Short didn't mean impossible to shoot, after all.

Jax

"Would the rush be on account of the choice of someone else's blood as an accessory or the fact that big and angry over there is wailing away on loud and mouthy?"

Jax glanced back in Amorru's direction in time to see him take a blow to the chest that could stop your heart. "Ooh that's gonna leave a mark!" Jax let slip out. "Loud and mouthy over there is my pilot." The captain said meekly.

"Still interested, but more interested in staying alive and not bloodied or full of holes just now. I gotta grab one bag from a storage locker though..."

"Yes I don't blame you one bit..." Jax then patted Charity's hand that found itself attached to his arm. "It might be best if Miss Charity here takes you back to the ship, looks like I'm gonna need to lend a hand here."

Emit Culpepper

Emit had purposely waited for the others to leave Wushu, before he made his way back into the core of the Skyplex. He hadn't been sleeping well and had a little concern that his days with the gun were coming to a quick end. Emit threw back another pill and chased it with coffee. He needed to be alert.

Emit and the crew of the Wushu may have only meet a day prior, but he now was their Sheepdog and knew he would be needed tonight. Swapping out a buckshot load with a beanbag in his revolver he walked briskly toward  the Saloon.

Artemis Graham

Any chance of things ending without violence evaporated once Amorru opened his mouth. Art's eyes flicked up to the heavens in a subconscious 'give me strength' expression that not even she could suppress. A part of her was hoping this was all part of some smooth plan of Amorru's, especially as he pocketed the bulk of the cash she'd put down on the table. But then ham hands decided there had been enough talking and threw down in a language he understood, leaving Art with three options: shoot the thug, leave Amorru to get pummeled or join in the fray.

None of those options were particularly appealing. She didn't want a dead body or a dead pilot on her hands so that ruled out the first two options. As far as fighting went, Artemis was only good with a blade, which she'd sadly returned the day before and if it came down to fisticuffs she would be flattened by their attacker in about 7 seconds. For a moment she considered shooting the guy in the foot but she was concerned anything short of fatal would simply further enrage the buffoon.

Luckily she wasn't alone in the bar. Eyes darting around the room, she clocked Abigail (still covered in someone else's blood) Jax and Emmit in the immediate vicinity. She also finally recognised Lin as the Captain and XO's companion from earlier and she took a half second to revel in that blast before calling out to Jax "I tried diplomacy Captain." Her eyes also clocked Charity looking slightly more comfortable with the violence than she'd been yesterday. "I don't think damsel in distress is going to work either. It seems we may need a spot of violence to get our pilot out of here in one piece."

And despite everything a smile crept across her face. It was very possible that Ms Graham was having fun.

Lin Kuei

May 17, 2018, 09:52:39 AM #57 Last Edit: May 17, 2018, 09:53:00 AM by Lin Kuei
Moving to cross the room, Lin noted the arrival of three law enforcement officials. These were not actual Alliance but security for the Skyplex. They could bind by law those they felt were troublemakers and hold them until the Alliance felt it was time to deal with them. With Greenleaf having a strong Alliance presence and the closest planet, those detained were probably not held for long. By the way they moved, he figured only one of them had military training while the other two were just bullies used to getting their way. The leader, the ex-military, drew everyone's attention as he entered the Flying Camel Saloon. "Attention! Everyone in here is bound by law until those who had misadventures in the hallways of this Skyplex are located and detained for further investigation!"

Stifling a chuckle at the word "misadventures", Lin checked his wrist comm. Registering the note, he quickly scanned the room. Lin made his way over to Jerilynn sidestepping the altercation between the dandy and brute. "Miss Gordon? I believe it is best we have this interview elsewhere. If you fail to measure up, I'll just leave you dirtside within range. This saloon is about to become messy so you probably want to just meet me at the docking bay for the ship." He turned to his crew, looked in the direction of the doorway and signaled the crew of Ronin it was time to leave.

Lin sliced his way through the crowd of patrons as he approached the security officers talking as he moved. "I am sorry you have this problem, gentlemen. However, I have a ship with cargo which needs to be delivered and those receiving do not like things to be late." He was getting closer with each step. While they may have had their hands on their sidearms, he only needed to be close to get physical contact. "You must understand the leader works at an Alliance outpost and needs the parts to fix his weapons so that they have a fighting chance ... just like you don't!" On word "you", Lin was already airborne and clearing the ten feet of distance as his right foot slammed dead center into the chest of the lead security man knocking him off of his feet and sending him sliding backwards across the floor out into the concourse.

There was a brief stunned silence and open mouths from the other two security men. Grabbing one arm of each man, Lin yanked them forward into the saloon as he moved past them toward the downed security man. Pouncing on his new opponent, he tossed the man's gun off to one side then quickly wrapped his arms around the man's neck and his legs around the man's waist in a bodyscissors. Lin had no intention of killing him but he would choke him to unconsciousness. A crowd was starting to gather in the concourse. This much action within an hour or two was far from usual. As soon as Lin felt the man's body go limp, he released him and dragged him to one side out of the way of everyone so he would not be trampled or damaged further.

Jerilyn Gordon

As Mr. HamHand turned and attacked Amorru, she looked sheepishly at her gun. It wasn't going to do much good against stopping this brute from doing his bullet headed best to make his point. It was mostly to try to slow down his antagonism.

It hadn't worked. She slipped her pistol back into the side pouch where she kept it secreted away.

Then the law arrived, screaming about some altercation in the concourse. She could easily prove that she had been in the bar the whole time, due to drink receipts and witnesses.

Then Lin made his way over to the table, ignored the confrontation of Brute and Amorru, and presented her with his request for an interview.

"Yessir. Will do. Just as soon as I finish my drink."

And then he left, only to crash three lawmen as he left.

Looks like it's going to be an interesting job. She smiled, took one last swig of saki, kicked at Mr HamHand's right knee hard enough to make him notice, and then backed out of the booth and headed for the door.

Monty

May 17, 2018, 04:11:57 PM #59 Last Edit: May 17, 2018, 04:12:51 PM by Monty
Monty had barely taken a few swigs of his beer when the party seemed to be ending early. "Oh bother!" He exhaled as he gripped the glass and raised it to his lips. "Drink up mates, leave none to waste."  With that Monty proceeded to chug the remainder of his lager leaving him with the aftertaste of wet cardboard. With the glass now empty and down he was up and ready to follow captain Kuei and crew, the last thing Monty wanted was to dance with old butterball.